I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   the dark knight (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700199)

darkvare Jul 18th, 2008 01:42 PM

the dark knight

so i went to the midnight showing and boy is this movie awesome heath ledger can't be recognised he plays an awesome part as the joker i reccomend everyone to see it i won't spoil anything and is a long movie:rock

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 03:20 PM

Saw it. I thought it was ending when it wasn't and all sorts of stuff.

Better movie than I expected, but there were no surprises I couldn't see fifty miles away.

pac-man Jul 18th, 2008 03:38 PM

Just got back from it. In my humble opinion, this is the be all end all of comic book films. It's what The Empire Strikes Back was to sci-fi, what the Lord of the Rings trilogy was to fantasy. Great acting, great plot, great pacing, great action... in a word, the movie was great. Heath Ledger was phenomenal. That's The Joker, period. And that's not to put down Cesar Romero's portrayal or Jack Nicholson's portrayal or even Mark Hamill's voice over work. They were all three excellent within their respective continuities; however, Ledger's performance is defining. That's a lofty statement, seeing as how the character belongs to the comics first, but, to be honest, this Joker encapsulates the finer aspects of the character that have been introduced by the myriad of writers that have handled him. Aaron Eckhardt was excellent as well. All of the A-list supporting cast elevated the film. There's not enough that can be said about Christian Bale. People may argue about who's the best James Bond till they turn blue, but it's a short conversation about who's the best Batman and Bruce Wayne. All around great film. Christopher Nolan gets it. John Favreau got it with Iron Man. They're two of the only guys so far that have had the ability and sight to not only put the comic on screen, but translate the material in a way that will satisfy fanboys, thrill casual fans, and introduce newcomers without putting off any of them. My favorite film of the summer, my new favorite Batman movie, and I recommend it to anybody and everybody. Now I've just got to get my girlfriend to go see it with me... she's a coulrophobic.

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 569468)
People may argue about who's the best James Bond till they turn blue, but it's a short conversation about who's the best Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Yeah, Val Kilmer.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 18th, 2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 569476)
Yeah, Val Kilmer.

:picklehat

pac-man Jul 18th, 2008 04:34 PM

Touche... :rolleyes

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 04:36 PM

By the way, I like how Lucious Fox wears denim shirts.

And the bank robbery at the beginning was masterfully designed. I liked the buzzsaw-like sound that kept recurring at certain points of the movie.

Nick Jul 18th, 2008 08:16 PM

Sacks Jul 18th, 2008 08:18 PM

Why so pee

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 18th, 2008 08:31 PM

Sad :lol

Fathom Zero Jul 18th, 2008 09:11 PM

Why so Doc?

Guitar Woman Jul 18th, 2008 09:20 PM

why so 2 Pez

Nick Jul 18th, 2008 09:44 PM

I have horrible penmanship.

Tadao Jul 19th, 2008 01:55 AM

Why December 1956

Sacks Jul 19th, 2008 02:21 AM

Is that a Conway Twitty song?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 19th, 2008 03:33 AM

I was really wowed by the Dark Knight. I even liked Aaron Eckharts performance(and that's saying a lot from me). The only thing I did not like about it was Batman's head looked really fat.

Angryhydralisk Jul 19th, 2008 01:34 PM

I'm seeing this as soon as I can. I hope it shatters records. Spider-Man 3 holding any records sounds pretty gay to me.

Fathom Zero Jul 19th, 2008 02:19 PM

It made $18.5 Million on midnight alone. This thing's gonna destroy every other movie ever made.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 19th, 2008 07:32 PM

Apparently Geno Walker had this to say.

Geno Walker of Charlotte, North Carolina: "Unless you hate yourself, you should go see this movie immediately. Stop reading this right now and go to the nearest movie theater. It doesn't even matter if the show has already started. Buy a ticket, walk in halfway through, sit down and wait for the next showing to start. See it soon and see it often. You'll love yourself more if you do."

So, apparently if you hate yourself you should not see this movie. But it's okay to pay twice as much and only get 1.5th of the movie you should go. Brilliance Geno.

MattJack Jul 20th, 2008 02:45 PM

it was aight. It wasn't OMGWOWZORZ, but it certainly wasn't anything close to bad. Joker was def the best part of the show.

I never saw the first one, so don't know if that matters :\

Guitar Woman Jul 20th, 2008 05:42 PM

So according to IMDb, this is the #1 movie of all time.

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 20th, 2008 05:51 PM

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find some way to make a scathing review on the film and/or call it overrated :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Jul 20th, 2008 05:56 PM

I'm not planning on seeing it!

Fathom Zero Jul 20th, 2008 10:37 PM

I thought the last movie was a shitfest and I wouldn't have seen this one had my friend not bought the tickets and this ended up being my favorite movie of the year, followed by Wall-E.

Guitar Woman Jul 20th, 2008 11:44 PM

Well, I thought Batman Begins was ok, if only because Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villan.

Microwaving a city on such a large scale would have just fried everyone, though, that was retarded.