I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   HALFLIFE 2 OMFG (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14980)

the_dudefather Nov 16th, 2004 02:04 PM

on the coast now, will try and leave it for tonight and play cs: source.

Anonymous Nov 16th, 2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helm
It plays well, it has it's share of innovative gameplay tricks, it looks great (dunno what chojin was talking about how this game is ugly) and the storyline so far is interesting, if not a bit slow-going.

I was talking about the first game when I said that ;<

whoreable Nov 16th, 2004 02:28 PM

with hardware acceration on, at the time, the first one had amazing graphics at least i thought.

i plan on getting a new video card soon, i think i will wait until then to check it out.

EisigerBiskuit Nov 16th, 2004 03:17 PM

my soundcard is completely buggin' on this game!
:(

DeadKennedys Nov 16th, 2004 03:23 PM

FUCK YOU STEAM FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU >:

Todeswalzer Nov 16th, 2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadKennedys
FUCK YOU STEAM FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU >:

yeah steam fucked me out of about 3 hours of playing time

neways the long wait is finally over, and it was worth it

MetalMilitia Nov 16th, 2004 07:28 PM

did anyone else find it hilarious when you first get the HEV suit and dr kliner says "ah, it still fits like a glove... espcially the glove bits"
bwahahah

And the whole "i still have nightmares about that cat" bit. that was brilliant.

the_dudefather Nov 16th, 2004 07:39 PM

this post contains spoilers so i will hide them as best i can

Quote:

i thought the scene with dr breen seeing you via the teleporter accident was cool "he just appeared and im sure it was.....(looks around)...gordon freeman..."

when i was in ravenholm i was on a roof top and i saw a group of jumpy zombies coming my way, so i went into a door and barracaded it with a crate, but a few seconds later (after some noises above) they burst though the celing, now THAT was cool. thems zombies are smart.

ArrowX Nov 16th, 2004 08:43 PM

I told you they had AI like that.

AChimp Nov 16th, 2004 11:38 PM

This game is bonerific. Airboat in the hizouse! :bestthread

Steam said that I couldn't authenticate, but I could play anyways. :O

MetalMilitia Nov 17th, 2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
This game is bonerific. Airboat in the hizouse! :bestthread

Steam said that I couldn't authenticate, but I could play anyways. :O

minor sopiler from boat level.
Quote:

I loved the bit where the giant chimney falls over and you can just get past in time. I was grinning for about 2 minuites after that.

EisigerBiskuit Nov 17th, 2004 05:04 AM

I guess this is another spoiler :O but it's just hilarious to see:
Quote:

When you were on that fanboat running away, somewhere in the level, while I was zooming by, I saw the G-Man walking above me. I laughed, but then I realised I got my ass kicked by flaming barrels and cried.

AChimp Nov 17th, 2004 09:12 AM

The sound gets kinda choppy sometimes, I've noticed. I have a SB Audigy 2, but I haven't updated the drivers yet. I'll try that tonight. :(

This game is worth it just for that damn airboat, and I'm not even 1/12 of the way through the game yet. :wank

I like feeding flaming barrels to those tentacle dangly things.

MetalMilitia Nov 17th, 2004 10:23 AM

Yea i have an audigy 2 platinum and it some times fucks with the sound but i am almost certain this is down to the audigy drivers as they are horrible. Updateing them causes more problems than before in my expirence. But saying that i have not tried in a few months so they may have sorted their shit out.

AChimp Nov 17th, 2004 10:37 AM

It only seems to happen when there's supposed to be lots of echos. I'm also using the original drivers... never upgraded them.

Helm Nov 17th, 2004 11:35 AM

Finished it. Pretty good. The ending sucks. I had sound problems too. I'll check if the new drivers solve anything. Running a SB Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro

Goldensoldier Nov 17th, 2004 01:08 PM

I bet there is a "cd crack" or just plain "crack" to get around it to be able to play it ripped. Becuase that game has been leaked out for so long, like a month or two.

Goldensoldier Nov 17th, 2004 01:12 PM

I researched it, turns out it has been leaked for like a year.... Ouch i was wrong.

MetalMilitia Nov 17th, 2004 01:13 PM

The game was leaked last year but that would not really help anyone crack it as it was so unfinished. EMPORIOs release has been nuked so i think you pirates are gonna have to wait a while. but...

BUY THE GAME, ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

the_dudefather Nov 17th, 2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

It only seems to happen when there's supposed to be lots of echos. I'm also using the original drivers... never upgraded them.

do you have 5. stereo turned on in the menu? that caused trouble for me

AChimp Nov 17th, 2004 04:04 PM

No, I have it on 4 speakers, even though I only have 2. It made the sound a lot better. :(

Helm Nov 17th, 2004 04:10 PM

try turning down Direct X audio acceleration

the_dudefather Nov 17th, 2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

No, I have it on 4 speakers, even though I only have 2. It made the sound a lot better. :(

thats probobly the problem then

MetalMilitia Nov 17th, 2004 04:41 PM

Playing this game has given me so many mod ideas. It seems almost anything is possible with this new engine. Particularly i am looking forward placeing turrents to defend the flag in a TFC style mod and air boat raceing will be fun. Not to mention gravity gun arena.

the_dudefather Nov 17th, 2004 04:50 PM

i might try and make a really basic 'playroom' a bit like the room in the beta/e3 video but with more stuff

how about a hl2 dominoes mod :lol