I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shadowdancer's Bottom 5 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705021)

Shadowdancer21b Sep 15th, 2010 12:12 AM

Shadowdancer's Bottom 5

This list is simple: movies that managed to put me to sleep or make me stop before finishing the movie. Just for reference, I''ve watched Godzilla VS Megalon(original VHS not MST3K) all the way through, Fantasy Mission Force, Ator the Fighting Eagle, and No Retreat No Surrender. So my crap tolerance is legendary.

To the list of five:

1. Underworld. I like werewolves, I like vampires(as monsters, not sissy-ass "love interests"), I fell asleep watching this movie all three times I attempted.

2 . Dracula 2000. Again, I couldn't make it fifteen minutes in before zonking out.

3. Meet Joe Black ( I took the tape out after the stupidly unnecessary sex scene)

4. Pearl Harbor( I saw it all the way through at boot camp, and wished I could have just left....stupid drill sergeants...)

5. a tie between The Craft and Spice World. I shouldn't have to explain myself on that one..

What are your bottom 5?

Dimnos Sep 15th, 2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer21b (Post 698117)
This list is simple: movies that managed to put me to sleep or make me stop before finishing the movie make me foolishly spend money due to poor judgment. Just for reference, I''ve watched Godzilla VS Megalon(original VHS not MST3K) all the way through, Fantasy Mission Force, Ator the Fighting Eagle, and No Retreat No Surrender. So my crap tolerance is legendary.

To the list of five:

1. Underworld. I like werewolves, I like vampires(as monsters, not sissy-ass "love interests"), I fell asleep watching this movie all three times I attempted.

The first time I ever watched this movie it was of a crappy bootleg copy. It was all in black and white and the edges of the screen were faded out. The film quality reminded me a lot of Nosferatu and I actually enjoyed it. Later when I tried to rewatch a real copy with a friend I was highly disappointed and had no desire to finish it. :\

Ill have to think of my bottom five. Ill post later.

Pentegarn Sep 15th, 2010 09:59 PM

Unbreakable
The Astronauts Wife
Stepbrothers
High Crimes
Twisted

Shadowdancer21b Sep 15th, 2010 10:13 PM

That's quite the list Pentegarn. I'm curious why you didn't like Unbreakable.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 16th, 2010 09:06 AM

BOTTOM TISH

Colonel Flagg Sep 16th, 2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 698173)
Unbreakable

I quite liked this movie. Then again, I also liked "Signs".

Mission to Mars
Return of the Pink Panther (the Steve Martin version :x)
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel
The Piano
She's Gotta Have It

Zhukov Sep 16th, 2010 10:43 AM

The Wayans brothers.

Aaarg Sep 16th, 2010 04:50 PM

i dated a girl for a while that liked awful movies, so i've seen a lot. so many of them i just don't remember.

Pentegarn Sep 17th, 2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer21b (Post 698174)
That's quite the list Pentegarn. I'm curious why you didn't like Unbreakable.

For the same reason I didn't like most of the movies on my list. While I felt the concept had potential, I felt the 'surprise ending' ruined it.

Spoilers!

Shadowdancer21b Sep 17th, 2010 09:36 PM

I feel you there. Lots of high concept movies peter out at the end.

Fathom Zero Sep 18th, 2010 12:25 AM

Unbreakable was gawdawful

Nick Sep 18th, 2010 03:53 PM

I liked Meet Joe Black. :(

captain516 Sep 19th, 2010 03:32 PM

Son Of The Mask.

Shadowdancer21b Sep 19th, 2010 04:44 PM

Son Of the Mask contains the worst portrayal of Loki ever.

kahljorn Nov 10th, 2010 10:12 PM

I liked unbreakable and was glad that it didn't drag out any longer because that wasnt really part of the movie. bruce willis woulda crumbpledumped the glass dude in one punch anyway.

in my mind it was like a prequel or something :(

MLE Nov 10th, 2010 10:20 PM

I really liked Unbreakable, and anyone who doesn't needs to have their judgement skills checked.

Mad Melvin Nov 11th, 2010 02:23 PM

I tried watching Pride & Prejudice with my fiancee and it was the most painfully dull experience i've had.

Mockery Nov 11th, 2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 698173)
Stepbrothers

I assume you're referring to "Step Brothers" from 2008, and don't understand why anybody wouldn't find that movie funny. It's the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer!

Pentegarn Nov 11th, 2010 06:44 PM

Man everyone is taking umbrage with my list

Mockery Nov 11th, 2010 07:10 PM

Well think about it, we're talking about the bottom 5 movies you've ever seen. The absolute worst movies. There are FAR worse flicks than the likes of Step Brothers and Unbreakable. I'm not a huge fan of Unbreakable, but I don't think it's a bad movie per se, and certainly nowhere near the bottom five.

Pentegarn Nov 11th, 2010 10:48 PM

There may be worse movies, but as I said before, these made my bottom 5 because I expected better from them. The further from my expectations a movie gets, the lower it rates. I already know Die Hard Dracula is going to be bad by virtue of the fact that it is a 99 cent dvd. It may be lower budget, worse acting, worse writing, but if i go in knowing this, I do not leave with a general feeling of disappointment because I got what I expected. However I expected better of all the movies on my list and they went above and beyond the usual disappointment a bad movie would make me feel.

That and it's my damn bottom 5, not anyone else's

MLE Nov 12th, 2010 12:03 AM

When you share your opinions, expect to hear about other people's.

TL:DR- suck it up.

Fathom Zero Nov 12th, 2010 12:19 AM

I AGREE WITH YOU PENTEGARN

THERE

AFFIRMATION

IT'S WARM AND COZY LIKE A CHOCOLATE BLANKET

Pentegarn Nov 12th, 2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 703780)
When you share your opinions, expect to hear about other people's.

TL:DR- suck it up.

Opinions I can live with.

People saying things like "Anyone who doesn't like what I like needs to have their judgment skills checked" I will fight back against

Suck that up

MLE Nov 12th, 2010 11:23 AM

Uh, my point was suck it up, that IS my opinion.

PS: :lol