I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OBLIVION: MMORPG REHAB (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20551)

MetalMilitia Apr 27th, 2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Damp Moose
It might have something to do with my having the minimum possible video card (Geforce 5700 FX).

Oblivion uses a huge number of shaders on everything. The FX series of cards are incapable of using more than a couple at once due to some architectual constraints. Could be that when you get hit by a fireball it creates a big heat hazy pixel shaded cloud which pushes your card too far.

kahljorn Apr 27th, 2006 03:46 PM

There's some mods out available for helping low end cards. Some of them just tweak settings, others might do things like turn off or simplify spell effects, however I saw one that was specifically for using higher settings on low end cards.

I'd reccomend searching the Mod Forum at www.elderscrolls.com or trying www.tessource.com maybe.

I might be wrong on the tessource url.
I had a low end card and ended up upgrading ;(

EisigerBiskuit Apr 30th, 2006 03:43 AM

Pyramid Head - Adds Pyramid Head armour set and a new quest.

/boner

Zomboid Apr 30th, 2006 05:01 AM

Can someone install that one and check it out? Screenshots too please :O

Supafly345 Apr 30th, 2006 04:11 PM

Hello? Is this thing on? SCREENSHOTS

the_dudefather Apr 30th, 2006 05:38 PM

im trying dag nabbit, there is a quest you gotta do before you get it

cant get past the seal of metatron :(

edit: found some screens, http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...ic=409854&st=0

the_dudefather May 6th, 2006 04:24 PM

what kind of builds are you guys using?

this my my current one:

name: chekt
race: dark elf
sign: mage
class: shadowblade (custom)
-athletics
-blade
-alteration
-destruction
-illusion
-light armor
-sneak

i use a 10 second invisiblity spell to get multible 6x attack bonuses in fights against some enemies (ogres are great for this as they cant see you coming :)

havent had much luck playing as a warrior type character: any tips?

kahljorn May 6th, 2006 04:39 PM

Block then strafe behind them while hitting them as many times as possible. Get kal's weapon rebalance, it's extremely helpful for fighters.

I haven't played a stealth character yet, I have a woodelf prepared for it though.

the_dudefather May 6th, 2006 04:52 PM

pity im playing the 360 version :/

yeah i love stealth characters in this game, mostly crap in direct fight situations

had a lot of fun with a pure mage character (default mage class, high elf)

might adapt the battlemage class or something for a warrior character

executioneer May 6th, 2006 11:05 PM

i have a lv 35 orc "wanderer" (custom)
blade
light armor (maxed)
armorer
alchemy (maxed)
destruction
speechcraft
security

strength is maxed out, other stats range from mid-60s to mid-70s

i have got:
a glass longsword with a 20 electric damage enchant (from the runestone in the kvatch oblivion gate)
a glass bow that deals 14 pts of each type of elemental damage + drains speed by 21 for 2 seconds (custom enchant)
that apron of adroitness or w/e that is as good as elven armor plus gives +9 to agi/int,
a "necklace of swords" that i found in some vampire lair, that gives 33% reflect damage and +25 to sword skill

and a bunch of other CRAP

CaptainBubba May 18th, 2006 11:59 PM

This game is buttfuck easy. I'm primarilly a conjuror and so far I have been able to just summon a daedroth for every fight and go take a dump and wait for it to kill everything. Even if that failed I have like 10 blades that do 20 to 50 magic damage on hit, the arena champion light armor (Becoming arena champion took about 1 hour), and some wierd rings that are apparently worth about 5000g each, and 12,000g.

But its still really fun : (

Chojin May 19th, 2006 12:19 AM

The game is nowhere near that easy with OOO ;<

executioneer May 19th, 2006 12:37 AM

i kind of wish i could get JUST the creatures don't level with you bit from oscuros ;_;

and i know the "lite" one prob. lets you but i could not find a place where i could download it so again ;_;

Chojin May 19th, 2006 01:06 AM

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...owtopic=440759

come on willie it wasn't that hard

executioneer May 19th, 2006 01:56 AM

i guess the elderscrolls forum search does not like me or something cuz i tried it before and got nothing ;_;

Fathom Zero Jun 3rd, 2007 07:44 PM

I'm having a bit of touble trying to complete the quest to get the manor in Anvil.

I got both the skeletal hand and journal, got the dude from Imperial City to open the door, he took off afterward. I walk up to the skeleton, he talks, and it says I need to replace the hand. I figured I still had it in my inventory so I click on the bony dude. As it turns out, I don't have it and I don't think I sold it. That guy must've taken it when he ran off, so does anyone know where to find him after he runs away?

Supafly345 Jun 4th, 2007 08:38 AM

No, he doesn't take it. I don't think you can even pick up the hand until its time to use it. And you can't sell it. If you go back up to the urn and it is still missing, you are fucked.

Fathom Zero Jun 4th, 2007 01:20 PM

Fuck. Maybe I dropped it back in the tavern.

the_dudefather Jun 4th, 2007 07:48 PM

I still haven't completed this damn game, I like playing as stealthy characters but they keep getting too weak later in the game, I suck at levelling I guess, or I should exploit the system or something

executioneer Jun 4th, 2007 11:41 PM

the way its set up by default kind of penalizes you for picking main skills that you're actually gonna use :( and since the monsters level up with you, if you do it wrong they eventualaly get way too tough :( there are patches that change the way leveling works, but if you don't have the PC version that kind of doesn't help huh :/

Fathom Zero Jun 4th, 2007 11:51 PM

That's why you should pick the skills you use most as minor skills, that way you get the bonuses when you level up. HOWEVER, if you don't put them as the major skills, the ones left as majors won't go up enough for you to level and thus no bonuses. Balance is key, as I found out in the hard way.

Zomboid Jun 5th, 2007 01:28 AM

My stealthy khajiit is pretty tough. I just jump over people and rain arrows on em.

kahljorn Jun 5th, 2007 02:15 AM

I've always hated the elder scrolls leveling system. Good idea, but extremely poor implementation... that, and the extremely boring combat, is what makes me not play it. I do like archers and magic, though. Archers are really the only characters ive ever been able to play with for extended periods of time.
There's this new game out called Two Worlds that seems like it has an awesome archery system... gothic 3's looked kind of cool, too.

I liked that in elder scrolls three you could only get to like level 75 or something in your minor skills. Kind of helped with the balance, sort of not really.

the_dudefather Jun 5th, 2007 06:18 AM

what if say, I had blade, light armour and block as majors (ie stuff that will actually keep me alive), and the rest as unused randoms, then played as a stealthy character?

would that be a good balance?

Fathom Zero Jun 5th, 2007 10:09 AM

I'd say yeah.