I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sucker Punch (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706401)

Izlude Apr 6th, 2011 03:20 PM

Sucker Punch

I believe we can all agree that sucker punch was a terrible movie.

And while its really easy to talk about all the "bad" things about it... What was your favorite part of the movie?

Mine?

The Captain America trailer, it was all down hill after that. :P

Tadao Apr 6th, 2011 04:36 PM

You're a sucker if you paid money to see it.

Izlude Apr 6th, 2011 06:37 PM

I realized that too late.

Tadao Apr 6th, 2011 06:46 PM

I was lucky enough to see a clip on t.v. It looked like a SciFi channel movie that made it into theaters.

:eek

Mockery Apr 7th, 2011 03:24 AM

What scares me is that the director is set to head up the Superman film reboot next. :/

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 7th, 2011 10:14 AM

Visually the movie was impressive. Sonically it was atrocious. Storilinily was badily didded.

Man did I ever want it to end too. It felt like I was there forever in the IMAX theater. Taking my money and my time.

Tadao Apr 7th, 2011 11:30 AM

IMDB says that the director wrote the screenplay. That almost always never works.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 7th, 2011 12:37 PM

He did, I guess he wrote it a while ago though....but still that usually doesn't end up being good.

I liked Shoot 'em up though for what it was. They basically wrote the action scenes first and threw in dialogue and a plot line later on.

Guitar Woman Apr 7th, 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 716818)
You're a sucker if you paid money to see it.

All Hail Duke Apr 7th, 2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 716866)
What scares me is that the director is set to head up the Superman film reboot next. :/

what i don't get is that nolan chose him

the only hope i have for that movie is the rumor that snyder will dump his usual directing style for the movie

Mad Melvin Apr 13th, 2011 05:51 PM

Suckerpunch looks awful. I mean really awful. The premise sounds kinda interesting on paper, but jesus what the hell man. I have nothing against Snyder, since Dawn Of The Dead and Watchmen were pretty good movies, but this is just the worst.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 14th, 2011 12:38 AM

My friend went to see it and told me she could "feel the boners in the room" :lol

relliKinGrunge Apr 14th, 2011 08:41 AM

i actually enjoyed the movie
all i had to do is pretend i wasnt there and focus on the lesbian couple making out in front of me...and i was happy

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 14th, 2011 11:20 AM

That has double implications PG.

Zhukov Apr 16th, 2011 08:39 AM

I just saw it with a few mates. It was really awful. I think it had a few good design ideas, ones that are slightly tired and overused in this day and age, however, but the acting was awful, and the story was boring and the conflict was barely there.
Spoilers!

Writing too much on a shite movie? Yes, but I literally just saw it ten minutes ago, so it's all still in my head.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 16th, 2011 09:08 AM

I know what you mean Zhukov. It just fills you with so much anger having to sit through it. Just found out yesterday fandango triple charged me for my ticket for suckerpunch too. My eye wouldn't stop twitching because I was so angry.

Tadao Apr 16th, 2011 12:29 PM

Oh man, how many people will this movie claim. :tear

kahljorn Apr 16th, 2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Man did I ever want it to end too. It felt like I was there forever in the IMAX theater. Taking my money and my time.

It just fills you with so much anger having to sit through it.
:lol thats how i felt when i watched pineapple express ;/ maybe it was just the vicodin but i ended up leaving WHICH I GUESS I MISSED THE COOL ENDING OR SOMETHING

captain516 Apr 16th, 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 716866)

Why? Snyder's an alright director. Watchmen, 300, and Dawn weren't fantastic, but they were okay.

Zhukov Apr 17th, 2011 05:06 AM

Haven't seen Watchmen, but I liked 300. It wasn't a fantastic film, but I took it for what I thought it was; an action comic book played out on screen in an artistic way. Actually, there was one thing that annoyed me, and that was just how dull the politics and oracle sequences were; they were just filler between action.

Sucker Punch was similar, and it's not really a great way to make a good movie. So maybe Superman might suffer a same fate.

darkvare Apr 19th, 2011 04:24 PM

you know what made me laugh about this movie is kinda like a michael bay movie terrible acting confusing and boring plot all topped with just some scenes for pure visual flair

Womti Apr 28th, 2011 04:02 PM

I've hated this movie since the second I saw the first preview for it >: