I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Earthbound!! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25514)

Zomboid Apr 6th, 2007 10:25 PM

Schimid tried to start up a street fighter 2 tourney a while ago and we tested it out and it was fun (honestly think one of us would've won :O) but after everyone expressed interest, they didn't get their matches in.

Schimid Apr 7th, 2007 12:18 AM

I'd still be up for that ;D

Zomboid Apr 7th, 2007 08:26 AM

Same here. After our practice rounds, I think that we'd clean house in that game.

timrpgland Apr 7th, 2007 12:42 PM

Regular ol' Street Fighter II eh? Glad you guys feel confident.

I'd rather bring in something like Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter but majority rules. I'd be in on whatever. Get the players down, pick fight times and run some kind of bracket.

Zomboid Apr 7th, 2007 08:16 PM

Well, it was the genesis version which I think is "the new challengers" subtitle one but I'm not sure.

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 7th, 2007 09:22 PM

The SNES version also used that subtitle.

Schimid Apr 8th, 2007 12:46 PM

If we'd do anything, it'd prolly be best to do Super Street Fighter so all the other eight guys are included, the four bosses and THE NEW BREED.

We DID have a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 tourney a while back, with me and Sam ending up in the finals and him ENDING me. I had no idea how to play the game at the time, so I just remember picking Iron Man and beaming everyone to death.

GADZOOKS Apr 8th, 2007 03:52 PM

I suck at Street Fighter and I don't have a good gamepad for that so I'll politely pass.

noob3 Apr 9th, 2007 03:07 AM

i'd be down for SF but no game pad (plus i'd beat you)

Zomboid Apr 9th, 2007 03:25 AM

We just played on our keyboards. It's pretty easy :S

Zomboid Apr 9th, 2007 03:31 AM

Oh, just so I know how many people are or would be interested in this kinda thing, how many of you started playing earthbound because of this?

It's always fun when there's a group of people playing and discussing the same game and if it's just a problem of finding one that everyone likes, then it shouldn't be too hard to fix. ROMs are definitely the way to go for this though because everyone can go and download them really quickly :O

GADZOOKS Apr 9th, 2007 05:37 AM

I think Earthbound was easy because it was a pretty long game and in my opinion one of the better games I have ever played. I don't think there can be much discussion in a fighting game other then "I beat Sam!" and "I beat Sam again" for example.

I still have a ways to go, I'm in the pyramid fighting hieroglyphics.

Zomboid Apr 9th, 2007 06:54 AM

I'm in the lava part after you walk around as a tiny person in deep darkness so I'm not too far from beating it :O. I do agree though that you need a certain kind of game for this.

Esuohlim Apr 9th, 2007 08:52 AM

I'm going through dungeon man :o About 20 minutes or so ahead of GADZOOKS I'd say

Zomboid Apr 9th, 2007 09:57 AM

Magicant now. Almost done and I'm sad :(

Edit: I forgot how this area is actually kind of depressing for me and makes me remember how much I hate growing up.

timrpgland Apr 9th, 2007 12:59 PM

I'm pretty slow going on Earthbound needing console time to play compared to you ROM players. :( Anyway, I'm at the Desert and Level 32.

noob3 Apr 9th, 2007 01:15 PM

Gadzooks, if that's all the discussion you could muster out of SF then you obviously arn't too into it. ;p

GADZOOKS Apr 9th, 2007 07:14 PM

What else can I talk about, there ain't much of a story. :(

Black Flag Apr 9th, 2007 09:56 PM

dude if you beat it with cammy it turns out SHE LOVES BISON AND HE HAD AMNESIA!

that's what i call story man! EPIC!

timrpgland Apr 10th, 2007 01:16 PM

I never noticed this before but Fourside has a Goonies reference.

Schimid Apr 10th, 2007 01:22 PM

The point in Street Fighter is not to talk in the tongue of story, but in the tongue of "Sam just tried to Hurricane Kick me and I uppercut him in the asshole, causing massive a swollen prostate and massive trauma to the small intestine! His wife will patiently wait as he slowly dissolves into the endlessly stale air, recycled by an emotionally stunted faculty that pay him no mind!"

You make your own story, man!

timrpgland Apr 10th, 2007 01:30 PM

Are we trying to validate Street Fighter? I'm confused...

EisigerBiskuit Apr 10th, 2007 02:45 PM

Clocktower.

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 16th, 2007 01:32 PM

I'd be interest in some rounds of Street Fighter II Turbo or Super on ZNES's Net Play. I just need to take a look a that Net Play thing.I think I tried something like that before and my emulator crashed.

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 16th, 2007 01:32 PM

I should practice on the SNES again and become accustomed to the speed again.