I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Halloween: Resurrection (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700482)

MockBot Sep 1st, 2008 07:26 PM

Weekly Movie Review: Halloween: Resurrection

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Halloween: Resurrection.

Trash Sep 1st, 2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

That and keep the Internet out of any horror storylines.
Fuck you, Kairo is a great movie.

Pentegarn Sep 1st, 2008 07:42 PM

I steer clear of all the Halloween moveis after 2

Tom Foolery Sep 1st, 2008 07:54 PM

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I went to the movie theater to see this movie. In my defense though, I had read a misleading spoiler that suggested Busta Rhymes was dispatched in this film vai a baseball bat though the face. Very, very sadly is was all just a big trick to attract patrons to see the movie. Honestly though, how dare they make a Halloween without Loomis. And I'm not talking about some tacky old Malcolm McDowell Loomis imposter. I'm talking about the late and very great Don Pleasence. When the man died, so did the franchise, well at least what was left of it.

Chuggernaught Sep 1st, 2008 10:31 PM

Proud to say I've never seen it.

Riot.EXE Sep 2nd, 2008 02:05 AM

Never saw this one, but it's odd that it even happened, considering Michael Meyers got his head chopped off in the movie before this one (Halloween: H20)...so, how the hell did they bother trying to explain how he came back?

MarioRPG Sep 2nd, 2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot.EXE (Post 576909)
.so, how the hell did they bother trying to explain how he came back?

Very interestingly. But I always like to watch this movie with my buddies. It's terrible. The random sex scene in the sewer / dungeon with falling into fake limbs was funny.

Tom Foolery Sep 2nd, 2008 10:00 AM

The story of his return was uninspired too. Allegedly, the person who got decapitated in H2O wasn't Michael Meyers, it was an imposter who stole his mask before he was loaded into the ambulance. Very plausible. I can see it happening. Happened to me two weeks ago as a matter of fact.

Angryhydralisk Sep 2nd, 2008 10:16 AM

I miss the movie reviews page for some odd reason.

alittlebirdytoldmeso Sep 2nd, 2008 10:20 AM

Don't you think that if Mike Meyers succeeded for once and actually killed off everyone in this film that it could have possibly been watchable? And the internet stuff could have been brought in too. Mike could have pretended to be someone's myspace friend and then told them they sucked forcing them to kill themself.

executioneer Sep 2nd, 2008 10:25 AM

i think they should have a halloween movie where michael myers faces off with mike myers the comedian

or at least cuts his face off

Icculus Sep 2nd, 2008 10:42 AM

I saw this in the theater. This came out though around the time when everyone was making those "internet horror movies", like fear.com and and some other peice shit that I can remember.

Trick or Treat Muthafucka!

RaNkeri Sep 2nd, 2008 11:23 AM

The only thing worse than a movie starring a rap-star and a model is a movie starring a wrestler.

Funky Fried Chicken Sep 2nd, 2008 12:11 PM

The third is so obviously the best!

Julio Sep 2nd, 2008 02:18 PM

We can expect a future sequel to Rocky Balboa where Rocky, after years of retirement and with the strenght of a man now confined to a wheelchair, decides to put on his gloves one more time to do battle... Online...

Mockery Sep 2nd, 2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Fried Chicken (Post 576959)
The third is so obviously the best!

It's honestly one of my favorite Halloween movies. Yes, it has nothing to do with Michael Myers, but if you view it as a standalone horror movie, it's really quite awesome. Check out my big feature on it if you haven't already:

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/halloween3

testtube Sep 2nd, 2008 03:44 PM

Ya'haaaarr I missed this one. I only really like the first one because its a John Carpenter movie. Dark static shots, long stretches of silent, almost minimalist film making kind of like Assault on Precinct 13. I don't even see it as a slasher movie despite the sequels. 3 is just super badass.

This looks awful, its like the people who work for WWF (at that time) RAW made a slasher movie or the fucking dumbasses that made those stupid fucking later day Chucky movies.

Nick Sep 2nd, 2008 07:41 PM

The Halloween series is dead to me.

bauhaus Sep 2nd, 2008 11:08 PM

it did what any cash cow sequel does.it embraced the current state of pop culture at the time (hip hop, the web and tit shots)to draw in the dead eyed slack jawed movie goers who have to accept whatever is thrown at them by hollywood..this is the kinda stuff that helped kill mainstream horror.

darkvare Sep 3rd, 2008 12:25 AM

lol busta rhymes uses his def jam fight for new york moves in this movie

Dungeonbrownies Sep 3rd, 2008 02:27 AM

I own season of the witch on vhs and i agree, it is the BEST one.

Darren Spooner Sep 3rd, 2008 05:12 PM

But which is actually the worse film, this or Hellraiser: Hellworld? I haven't seen this one, but I did see the aforementioned atrocity, and I'm curious as to the possibilty of anything being even worse.

Riot.EXE Sep 4th, 2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Foolery (Post 576929)
The story of his return was uninspired too. Allegedly, the person who got decapitated in H2O wasn't Michael Meyers, it was an imposter who stole his mask before he was loaded into the ambulance.

...you're fuckin' kiddin' me, right?

Mockery Sep 4th, 2008 02:14 AM

Sadly, he's not kidding. Michael Myers supposedly switched places with a paramedic. So, yeah... it was the paramedic that was decapitated. Uh huh... sure.

THE MASTER Sep 4th, 2008 06:16 PM

*Spoiler*: The whole point of the movie was Michael Myers killing Jamie Lee Curtis' character, and when he does he just keeps killing you'd think that once he's done with that he'd just die already!*Spoiler* So the movie really has no point to it!