I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   the strangest thing just happened. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10401)

sadie Mar 27th, 2004 01:46 AM

the strangest thing just happened.

i was sitting here at my computer in my office downstairs in my parents' house when i heard a scampering sound on the floor. i looked over toward the door, and there was a little brown mouse staring up at me with his big round eyes.

and he just sat there staring up at me. i told him he better go away or my dad was gonna kill him. and then i wondered aloud if he were rabid 'cause mice don't generally sit and watch you like that. do they?

The Fifth Man Mar 27th, 2004 01:55 AM

He might've just been curious. Most rodents that get rabies
are woodchucks and I think groundhogs, generally not mice.
And in the US it's really rare anyway for rodents carrying rabies.

You might wanna find out if animals in your neighborhood have
ever been reported with rabies. If it's relatively common, you
might wanna take the little bugger out just in case.

More or less, probably nothing to worry about.
That's about all I could tell you.

sadie Mar 27th, 2004 01:58 AM

he came back in and now he's scampering all over the floor. and then, every once in a while, he'll just stop and look up at me. it's cute. :(

The Fifth Man Mar 27th, 2004 02:02 AM

Maybe you've got a new pet!

Perndog Mar 27th, 2004 02:42 AM

He'll bite your toe when you're not looking. Well, maybe. A shrew did that to me once, but I'm not sure about mice. But watch out, anyway.

DamnthatDavid Mar 27th, 2004 04:48 AM

We caught a mouse at a friends house on those sticky pad traps.
We then took an hour trying to decide how to kill it. I was up for starting a truck, and shoving it in the exhaust pipe. But in the end, we just chucked it around the street, before letting it get ran over in traffic.

da blob Mar 27th, 2004 07:26 AM

don't you have a cat ?

glowbelly Mar 27th, 2004 07:45 AM

mice are cute.

that being said i used to have a cat that i could not keep inside. he would go out and catch things for my other cat to play with. the first time he did this, he brought in a little brown mouse. i went to pick it up cause i thought that he had killed it and it took off running. scared the shit out of me because i was expecting a dead mouse.

my roommate at the time came out of his bedroom because i shrieked and asked me what was wrong. i told him that the cat had brought in a mouse and before i could stop him he stomped it.

:(

also, when i was little we had mice in our apartment. my mom would set out traps for them during the day. when i would come home from school i would set off the traps so the mice wouldn't be killed. i believe this is how i was able to get my first 2 kittens. :)

that made me cry.

Matt Harty Mar 27th, 2004 12:53 PM

We had a mouse once, and taking a shit in our silverware drawer is anything but "cute" >:

Anyways that problems over because our cat takes care of them before they get to the house. Kinda mean actually, she'll bath them around the yard, and then let them run a bit before pouncing again. Then, as they're about to esape into another yard, she picks the mouse up and brings it back to the middle and starts over.

Then I check in the morning and see it dead on the patio. :rolleyes

FartinMowler Mar 27th, 2004 01:01 PM

When I first moved to Toronto I was living in a house with 6 other people and there where cockroaches and mice. Everynight one of the people living in the house would put traps all over the kitchen floor. One morning I came down and a trap smacked a little mouse and there where little mouse foot prints and a streak of blood. I followed the tracks and it led around the corner of the kitchen in to the bathroom and there he was with his little brains all over the bathroom floor and he had written "Bastard" with his blood and I after that I vomited and packed up all my stuff and moved because I knew that the bathroom that I didn't usually use because it was downstairs and usually didn't have toilet paper was "CURSED!"

mburbank Mar 27th, 2004 01:12 PM

That's perfectly normal mouse behavior. They're pretty good at knowing if you're close enough to pose a threat.

When I lived in the Adirondacks there were these two mice that would come into the bathroom and watch me on the crapper. The knew the were just out of the reach of my legs. Even if I swung at 'em they'd just sit there watching, like my using the john was TV for them.

MEATMAN Mar 27th, 2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mburbank
That's perfectly normal mouse behavior. They're pretty good at knowing if you're close enough to pose a threat.

When I lived in the Adirondacks there were these two mice that would come into the bathroom and watch me on the crapper. The knew the were just out of the reach of my legs. Even if I swung at 'em they'd just sit there watching, like my using the john was TV for them.

I have cats that will do that.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2004 01:43 PM

When I lived in the UK I had a job working at a farm stockyard, & one of the things I had to do was kill mice, but as my boss was too cheap for traps or poison I had to do it by hand... well, steel-reinforced boot actually, but the thing was the mice where extreamly sensitive to any sound & would run, so I had to sneak around the meal shed & take them by surprise.

However, the mice that come into my current workplace at the start of winter react compleatly the other way, the louder you are the slower they move.

Mice suck, make walls fall down, & spread disease & fleas. >:

Mr. Vagiclean Mar 27th, 2004 01:55 PM

I prefer the sticky mat myself to the smacking traps. You can see all types of crap crawling on your floor after the night. I think i seen some of these roaches with wings that doesn't fly stuck right next to the mouse that was nibble it's own leg. :(

Shooting em with a BBgun is one of the choices you can make to get rid of them after they are stuck to the sticky mat.

AChimp Mar 27th, 2004 02:33 PM

Yeah, mice won't really run away unless you scare them. They scurry around really fast through open spaces outside because they know there's things that can eat them, and they'll freak out if people around them start freaking out (i.e. lady screams and the mouse runs even faster, causing the lady to scream even louder).

It could also be someone's former pet.

Mike Mar 27th, 2004 03:00 PM

That's "the strangest thing"? You need to get out more, sister.

DamnthatDavid Mar 27th, 2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Shooting em with a BBgun is one of the choices you can make to get rid of them after they are stuck to the sticky mat.
My friend's family had a barn, and caught the mice in those humane traps. Safe for animal type. Then they would string them up from a tree, and shoot them with them high power air-rifles.

kahljorn Mar 27th, 2004 05:54 PM

:(
If all these stories aren't fake which they probably are, all of you are fucking mean and deserve to burn in Mickey Mouse's Hell House :(

Terra Mar 27th, 2004 06:18 PM

Mice normally run along the perimeter of the rooms and not in the middle of the floor, if they are house familiar. Sadie, you might have a little mouse that came into the house for the first time and is disoriented. It's kinda cute and then when it's used to the house, it'll start running on the floor right up along side of the walls.

Once it settles in you might not see it again until it mates and has babies. At that point you'll begin to see little hide away places where they shit and urinate. In some ways they are a lot like hamsters, who will only perform elimination in designated areas - away from the nests.

As cute as it is, I'd nail the little fucker now before that place turns into Mouse Hotel. :)

DamnthatDavid Mar 27th, 2004 06:20 PM

Welcome to the Hotel Mouseyfornia.

God, don't you just hate that you have a joke, and you know it is lame, but you can't stop youself... Dammit.

phnompehn Mar 27th, 2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
...Mickey Mouse's Hell House :(

No! Not EPCOT! Anything but that.

Command Prompt Mar 27th, 2004 07:22 PM

maybe its not a mouse, its a rat, and a by product of you being a crack headed slob.

Pub Lover Mar 27th, 2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
If all these stories aren't fake which they probably are, all of you are fucking mean and deserve to burn in Mickey Mouse's Hell House

Then you'd probably not like my many tales of animal abuse, like when I beat a pig to death with a shovel, or snapped a chickens neck just because I'd already closed the coup for the night. :/

da blob Mar 27th, 2004 09:43 PM

Damn that, david, if we came here for good witty intelligent jokes we'd end up in collective fire suicide out of disappointment.

kahljorn Mar 28th, 2004 02:37 AM

pigs and chickens are ugly smelly and not cute, though, so it doesn't really matter....

the number of posts was 23.