I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Top Loader NES-101 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708868)

Mockery Nov 26th, 2012 09:27 PM

Top Loader NES-101

Been trying to track down a top loader Nintendo Entertainment System (NES-101), but they're pricier on eBay than I'm willing to spend. Anybody have one they're looking to get rid of? I have an extra Sega Dreamcast console that I can sweeten the proverbial pot with if you're interested.

Nick Nov 27th, 2012 02:20 PM

I checked around, and they are hella expensive. The starting price for one used is almost always right at $100.

We used to have one long ago, but I'm fairly sure my grandma threw it in the trash or gave it away to someone. I haven't seen it in ages.

If you're looking for something just to play NES games on I'd suggest this SNES/NES FC Twin console. I picked one up for when I was streaming video games, and it's a great console.

Mockery Nov 28th, 2012 04:22 AM

Yeah, I already have a regular NES, but I want the NES-101 in particular rather than the FC Twin or any of the other ones. Just gonna have to keep hunting until I find one at a decent price. Best I'm seeing is 60-70 bux.

Nick Nov 28th, 2012 02:53 PM

That's probably the best you're going to find, unless you come across one at a flea market or yard sale or something. The people selling them online really know what they got. I checked out a few auctions, and these eBay prices are ridiculous.

Here's one with the box included for a whopping $230 clams.

Mockery Nov 28th, 2012 05:31 PM

Yeah, anything in the box always costs more, so I avoid that stuff these days. But man, if I could go back in time and tell myself to buy extra copies of some games and to keep them sealed in the original packages... I'd be a rich man I tells ya.

Nick Nov 28th, 2012 09:07 PM

I've always wanted to play a copy of Earthbound, and I hate using emulators for RPGs. It looks like they're never going to re-release the games either, so I'm pretty shit out of luck on that front. Same thing happened with Tomba 1. No way in hell I'm paying $60.00 for loose CD.

kahljorn Dec 5th, 2012 10:50 PM

y do u hate using emulators for rpgs?
makes them better if you ask me.

Nick Dec 6th, 2012 08:41 PM

I don't really know how to explain it. I don't really like playing classic games on my pc in the first place, but most of them I can deal with. RPGs though, just doesn't feel right to me.

kahljorn Dec 6th, 2012 09:07 PM

i like that you can use the skip/speed up function

its great when u got some rpg where it takes like 30 hours for a guy to attack. sorta like earthbound

Mike Tobacco Dec 6th, 2012 09:32 PM

I do like the convenience of an emulator for save states and speed control; but, if I have a choice between console or emulator, I'm playing the console. If for no other reason than being obstinate and stuck in my ways.

Nick Dec 6th, 2012 09:52 PM

It's neat that you can do that, but if I'm playing a game for the first time I want to PLAY the game. If you get me.

Mike Tobacco Dec 6th, 2012 10:20 PM

I totally get what you're saying. Essentially it's playing the game it was meant to be played. I agree in heart, but in practice there are a lot of games I wouldn't be able to play if it weren't for emulation. It's a necessary compromise in those cases, but I really do prefer playing the real deal. Especially for SNES. That controller's so damn ergonomic it's probably bad for you to put it down.

darkvare Dec 7th, 2012 01:03 AM

you can buy one of thosse nes controllers with rca cables and loaded with games

Nick Dec 7th, 2012 07:35 PM

Oh really? Got a link to one?

darkvare Dec 7th, 2012 10:53 PM

not right now i saw them on a giantbomb video but you can buy one of this

Aaarg Dec 14th, 2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 764254)
y do u hate using emulators for rpgs?
makes them better if you ask me.

definitely.

also tomba! is a must-play and everything psx emulates perfectly so just download it

kahljorn Dec 15th, 2012 09:42 PM

earthbound is like the worst thing to have to play without speed control

Ness attacks
with a bat

he swings

he misses!!

he gets another attack
with a bat

he swings

HE STRIKES CRITICAL STRIKE

CRITICAL STRIKE FOR 40 dmg

dog has died