I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

brokensaint82 May 13th, 2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 628359)
Since Shadow Hearts 3 is not as entertaining as 1 and 2, switching back and forth between Dino Crisis 2 and Vagrant Story for the PS1...and maybe some Parasite Eve 2...great games.

DC2 was good i liked it better than the first anyways and as for PE2 never got around to playin it, although i loved the first. Anyways I'm playin Gran Turismo 4 cause well everytime i drive really fast in real lie the cops decide to make it their priority to ruiin my fun

10,000 Volt Ghost May 14th, 2009 11:08 AM

Dino Crisis 1 was fun. Never played DC2. I saw they made a 3rd one.....where they're in space for some reason. Why is it when people run out of ideas they send them to space?

brokensaint82 May 14th, 2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 628540)
Dino Crisis 1 was fun. Never played DC2. I saw they made a 3rd one.....where they're in space for some reason. Why is it when people run out of ideas they send them to space?

Cause space is the final frontier for dying franhcises ala Jason X

OxBlood May 15th, 2009 07:12 AM

I dunno...Dino Crisis 1 was...really boring, because you can never kill any Dinosaurs with those few Bullets you find. Bypassing them ain´t really fun...DC2 was awesome, pure Carnage, nice Weapons ans LOTS of dead Raptors that earn me money for more ammo and more weapons :)

And Dino Crisis 3...well...it sucks ass, honestly, it´s really bad. All you do is get lost because of the stupid leveldesign, the weapons are not really fun, the jetpack seems out of place...a shame they had to end the series with such a weak entry.

Playing Parasite Eve 1 right now, emulated though since it was never released in Europe and I don´t want to spend money on the NTSC Version right now. AND I don´t want to dig through all those boxes in my basement to find my modded PS1...
And if Aya wasn´t so goddamned slow, it would be quite a lot of fun :)

brokensaint82 May 15th, 2009 10:45 AM

PE1 was a good game and like you said Aya was waaaaaaaaaaaay to slow, I wish square would continue the series on the 360 cause my mitochondria demand it. Anyways I found FF8 in a box with my old PS1 games so i decided to load it up and play it

10,000 Volt Ghost May 15th, 2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 628683)
And Dino Crisis 3...well...it sucks ass, honestly, it´s really bad. All you do is get lost because of the stupid leveldesign, the weapons are not really fun, the jetpack seems out of place...a shame they had to end the series with such a weak entry.

:lol Why do you need a jetpack in space? That's like having a fish tank in the ocean.

I never played PE but it looked like it was really good. I think you could get the Gunblade from FF8 in PE2.

Phoenix Gamma May 15th, 2009 04:27 PM

Just beat Klonoa. Damn, what a fucked up plot. It started all cute and adorable, but then it got all Evangelion on me. People dying? Questioning your existence? A total downer ending? Weird. Great game, though.

Just got Devil Summoner 2 in the mail, so I'm pretty pumped about that. I finished watching Baccano, so I'm in the mood for some 1920's detective action with a side order of jazz. And demons, naturally.

OxBlood May 15th, 2009 07:03 PM

OF COURSE! :D

Sam May 15th, 2009 09:44 PM

Haha did you get the special edition that comes with the plush?

Cuz I did. ;)

Fathom Zero May 15th, 2009 10:23 PM

JACK FROST. I spent thirty minutes salivating over the collector's edition in the store.

Sam May 15th, 2009 10:26 PM

Jack Frost dressed as Raidou :eek

M. Blaze May 16th, 2009 12:25 PM

I preordered the NTSC version of Devil Summoner 2 as soon as I found out it comes with that Raiho plushie (sure, I would have got it sooner or later anyway to complete my PS2 Shin Megami Tensei collection, but a plush Jack Frost dressed up as Raidou Kuzunoha = instant buy). Right now I'm waiting for it to arrive and wondering whether I can bring myself to actually open the awesome-looking box once it does.

OxBlood May 16th, 2009 05:53 PM

I´d really like a Jack Frost Doll...but it´s not that easy to get one here...would look great next to my Cthulhu-Plushie

LordSappington May 17th, 2009 10:26 PM

I switched over to Skulltag now; anyone else use it?

Phoenix Gamma May 17th, 2009 11:40 PM

I thought Devil Summoner 2 only came in the special edition. Atlus was all "well, there's only going to be like five copies of this game so reserve it a few months in advance".

Eh, I don't mind. It's dirt cheap! A game, a silly doll, and a nice display box for under $40? So awesome.

OxBlood May 18th, 2009 03:41 AM

There goes PE1, on to PE2 and Dragonquest V on the DS wich fell out of a friend of mine...convenient. :) And Dragonquest Games are...well...not hard, but they don´t waste their time with you if you´re not into it...I like that somehow...

"Wanna go in that cave just like the old man tells you 2 Minutes after you started the game? Think again! Better go around leveling up to 6 first!"

brokensaint82 May 18th, 2009 03:27 PM

3rd disc of FF8 was all scratched to hell and wouldnt let me get past the part doin to esthar, ugh, anyways now to filll my jrpg fix i'm playin ff12

10,000 Volt Ghost May 18th, 2009 04:14 PM

You should skip FF12 and play anything else instead.

kahljorn May 18th, 2009 07:44 PM

ouhafeueahfa

kahljorn May 18th, 2009 07:45 PM

yea that game's kind of boring and the licensing system is retarded.

YOU NEED A LICENSE TO USE THIS SWORD. WHAT THE FUCK? THAT DOESNT EVEN MAKE SENSE.
IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE IF YOU NEEDED A LICENSE TO *BUY* THE SWORD.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2009 01:30 AM

It would sense if I fucked that games mother.

OxBlood May 19th, 2009 02:59 AM

I actually liked the battlesystem a lot. But the cast of characters and the boring story stopped me from playing it past 50% all the time. I HATE the characters. ALL of them. The one nice looking charakter that doesn´t wear Clownclothes is the one you CAN´T play. Great work Square. -.-
Oh, and if you ever try to tell me that a 5 year old, naked boy is supposed to be the main character...I will personally come over to Japan and bite your ears off.

Oh and I played some Super Robot Taisen OG Saga on the DS...and it´s hillarious. Especially if you´re german. Zeit Krokodil? Schlafen Celeste? Aschen Brodel? What the funk were the smoking this time??

Phoenix Gamma May 19th, 2009 09:19 AM

Super Macho Man has me stumping in Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I'm really pissed, because I wreck him the first round with two knock downs, but then he destroys me in the second round with his 6+ spin punches.

Majora's Mask came out on Virtual Console, so I started that up. Second favorite Zelda game, bested only by Link to the Past. I love the fucked up story and setting.

Finally, I sunk my teeth into Devil Summoner 2 some more. Really like it, though lack of voice acting is kinda odd, since my roommate likes to watch me without saying a word, so there's a lot of awkward silences as we read text :(

brokensaint82 May 19th, 2009 01:55 PM

yea well considerin all my other jrpgs are either scratched or just well......suckey i guess 12 was the only option i had and yea the liscense system sucks

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 629028)
I actually liked the battlesystem a lot. But the cast of characters and the boring story stopped me from playing it past 50% all the time. I HATE the characters. ALL of them. The one nice looking charakter that doesnīt wear Clownclothes is the one you CANīT play. Great work Square. -.-
Oh, and if you ever try to tell me that a 5 year old, naked boy is supposed to be the main character...I will personally come over to Japan and bite your ears off.

I liked Balthazar....and no one else. I had already committed to playing it by the time I realized it was terrible so I just rushed through the rest of it. Battle system was okay. I still play FFXI and it's basically the same thing.

brokensaint82 May 19th, 2009 06:56 PM

never got into 11 or any other mmo's idk maybe i'm just a outsider but i never saw the appeal of, and now I've decided that 12 is not good enough after hearin Vahns whiney ass voice...so i popped in The Sufferin for some good ol' fashioned blood 'n' guts gameplay

OxBlood May 25th, 2009 03:45 AM

Finished Second Sight, still playing Parasite Eve 2 and started a little System Shock 2 - Session again...ah...System Shock 2, what a great game.

Zhukov May 25th, 2009 06:55 AM

A friend of mine is teaching me to play Warhammer 40K. It was strangely more enjoyable than I thought. I guess most of that is probably because we get on well and can make each other laugh pretty easily.

Yeah, well, there you go.

Phoenix Gamma May 25th, 2009 11:07 AM

Stuck on Mike Tyson in Punch Out. Aside from that, I started playing Guilty Gear Accent Core again. Love those games, but I wish they had online play; it's hard to find someone to play with now that I'm not at school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 629677)
ah...System Shock 2, what a great game.

I'm interning with a concept artist from that game :D

MarioRPG May 25th, 2009 10:38 PM

Fell into Chrono Trigger & Paper Mario, also trying out My Life As a King,

And punch out, naturally.

Sam May 25th, 2009 11:31 PM

FUCKING PATAPON STILL >:

darkvare May 26th, 2009 12:34 AM

i just got dragon ball kai and a ds top shooter called ketsui wich consists of nothing but bosses pretty awesome game

OxBlood May 26th, 2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 629710)

I'm interning with a concept artist from that game :D

Tell him to get the rest of the gang and remake the game or a 3rd one ;)

The time for System Shock 3 has come. Bioshock is just a weak copy of the original ;)

bigtimecow May 26th, 2009 12:00 PM

still chrono triggering when i have the time. the search for crono begins!

dabbled a bit of super metroid the other day and it was fantastic. after chrono trigger i'll probably take on that.

Dimnos May 26th, 2009 12:18 PM

Is that the DS remake of Chrono Trigger you guys are playing? Did they make any changes to it? Or is it the same as the SNES original?

Phoenix Gamma May 26th, 2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 629830)
Is that the DS remake of Chrono Trigger you guys are playing? Did they make any changes to it? Or is it the same as the SNES original?

There's a new ending that ties it with Chrono Cross, three new minidungeons, a new village, tighter translation, maps, monster training/battling, and all the stuff from the PSX remake minus the shitty load times before every battle.

It's really good.

Dimnos May 26th, 2009 01:58 PM

Damn thats fucking awesome. Ill have to pick that up.

Phoenix Gamma May 26th, 2009 06:17 PM

Been killing some time with Dissidia since my PSP's been neglected when the DSi launched. I wish the US release would come sooner.

Also got back into TF2 now that my main man, the Spy, got his update. Already got both watches unlocked. I don't like the new method of unlocking things, but whatever.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 27th, 2009 05:37 PM

Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete becausing AOE II never fucking works.

LordSappington May 27th, 2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 629677)
Finished Second Sight, still playing Parasite Eve 2 and started a little System Shock 2 - Session again...ah...System Shock 2, what a great game.

Every time I download that, the sound doesn't work, and it breaks immediately after the basic training. :(

OxBlood May 28th, 2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 630025)
Every time I download that, the sound doesn't work, and it breaks immediately after the basic training. :(

What, System Shock? Maybe you should just buy and patch it (buying only because itīs worth it) ;) But as far as I know, SS2 doesnīt work properly on Vista and to get it to work with XP you need some patches and mods, but after that it works just fine.

LordSappington May 28th, 2009 08:55 AM

I haven't been able to find it in retail stores anywhere, so I'll probably order it online (someday).
I'm running on ME; I got my computer for free, and hey, it works. Sort of.

Fathom Zero May 28th, 2009 11:25 PM

Since the Spy/Sniper update, it's been a shitload of fun being a Sniper. I always hated Spy.

LordSappington May 28th, 2009 11:58 PM

Link to the updates?

Fathom Zero May 29th, 2009 12:20 AM

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/

JARATE IS REAL MAN. REAL FUCKING SICK.

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_v...09_english.htm

Also, in addition to random item drops, there are also random hats.

kahljorn May 29th, 2009 12:25 AM

man ive been wanting to get TF2 but do the updates and stuff take a lot of space? I only have like 70mb left on my UNIT :(

Phoenix Gamma May 29th, 2009 01:07 AM

Yea, definitely been playing TF2 now that my main man the Spy got a rad update.

Also softmodded my Wii and downloaded Brawl+, which makes shitty characters like C. Falcon and Link a little better while nerfing other characters like MetaKnight. Oh, and custom character skins is fucking rad. Already downloaded Naked Snake, Mr. L, SNES Toon Link, Roy, and Raphael :D

Dimnos May 29th, 2009 02:10 PM

Finally got around to buying a new copy of world at war! Man have I missed this game. :rock

10,000 Volt Ghost May 29th, 2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 630238)
Also softmodded my Wii and downloaded Brawl+, which makes shitty characters like C. Falcon and Link a little better while nerfing other characters like MetaKnight. Oh, and custom character skins is fucking rad. Already downloaded Naked Snake, Mr. L, SNES Toon Link, Roy, and Raphael :D

I need to get this

stevetothepast May 29th, 2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 630281)
Finally got around to buying a new copy of world at war! Man have I missed this game. :rock

xbox?

Dimnos May 29th, 2009 03:26 PM

Hell yeah xbox.

Tadao May 29th, 2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 630281)

COD? I'm on PC all the time.

Oh n/m

Ant10708 May 29th, 2009 04:29 PM

Getting back into my Wii now that I've been able to get some people over to play. Been playing Mario soccer (wii version), super smash bros for wii and house of the undead

bigtimecow May 29th, 2009 06:06 PM

is that how everyone speaks in new york? fuck

darkvare May 29th, 2009 07:02 PM

i finally rented punch out and i'm at soda popinski's title defense match

The Leader May 29th, 2009 09:41 PM

I'm playing Metal Storm and I absolutely love it.

Phoenix Gamma May 29th, 2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 630285)
I need to get this

You should. It's a little faster, too, so you can string attacks together a little better. It's so awesome to see Falcon be a viable fighter, since he's so hilariously bad in standard Brawl. I landed a sweep kick, comboed into an overhead kick, jumped and kicked the other guy again, then sprinted at him and delivered the awesome Falcon Knee, all before he could react. I was laughing my ass off.

LordSappington May 30th, 2009 01:37 AM

Has anyone else noticed the Engineer is getting fucked over with the updates?

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2009 01:40 AM

Nope.

At least, I don't think so. The Engineer is totally broken, really, in the hands of a skilled player.

Sam May 30th, 2009 01:47 AM

I want to play TF2 but I have no idea if my computer can handle it. :(

The only thing I ever played on it was WoW.

Phoenix Gamma May 30th, 2009 01:49 AM

Yea, he's still annoying for me to take down. If he knows what he's doing, no amount of carefully placed explosives will take down his fortress in time, and trying to take him down as a spy is still a gamble unless you're lucky enough to backstab and sap before you get shred into ribbons.

I guess Bonk is a nice help for the Scout, but that's about it.

Oh, and Sam:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

My three year old laptop runs it just fine. Not at max settings, but good enough.

Sam May 30th, 2009 01:58 AM

:(

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2009 02:00 AM

You have a shitty laptop, but you can run Half Life 2: Deathmatch! And that's a shitload of fun.

Sam May 30th, 2009 02:03 AM

I just wish TF2 on Xbox 360 could play with PC and have all the updates, and then I would be fine. :(

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2009 02:05 AM

I play both, though I have to be honest in that I haven't played it on the 360 in a couple months.

When (hah if) the updates come out, I will be on a lot more.

Sam May 30th, 2009 02:08 AM

I don't think they will ever release the updates for 360. :(

MetalMilitia May 30th, 2009 08:43 AM

That's because the xbox is for suckers!

Ant10708 May 30th, 2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 630386)
is that how everyone speaks in new york? fuck

i'd say no considering I am not speaking but am actually taking part in an activity called 'typing' which I am being quite quick and careless about it on a fucking message board about video game you fucking douche

10,000 Volt Ghost May 30th, 2009 09:49 AM

YEAH

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2009 01:12 PM

:lol

darkvare May 30th, 2009 02:33 PM

i got kingom hearts for ds but i can't understand anything

kahljorn May 30th, 2009 03:08 PM

damn so the 360 version of tfc2 sucks?

hey sam is your computer a desktop or a laptop?

Sam May 30th, 2009 03:19 PM

It only sucks because it doesn't have any of the updates.

and I have a desktop :(

Phoenix Gamma May 30th, 2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 630516)
i got kingom hearts for ds but i can't understand anything

Just press the attack to win. Same as all the other KH games. Except I hear there's a lack of Disney, so...what's the point?

Fathom Zero May 30th, 2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 630525)
It only sucks because it doesn't have any of the updates.

and I have a desktop :(

Get a video card, then, fgt.

kahljorn May 31st, 2009 07:05 AM

yea, just buy a new videocard. You can get a pretty decent one for under 50 dollars probably. www.pricewatch.com

Fathom Zero May 31st, 2009 09:21 AM

Yeah, for PCI or AGP.

MetalMilitia May 31st, 2009 10:29 AM

Except don't get a PCI one because they're terrible.

darkvare May 31st, 2009 02:50 PM

so i just finished punch out wii and while some of the title defense matches were harder the whole major circuit was incredibly easy especially super macho man

Fathom Zero May 31st, 2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 630605)
Except don't get a PCI one because they're terrible.

HE DOESN'T HAVE A LOT OF OPTIONS HERE, MAC.

OxBlood May 31st, 2009 06:19 PM

Thought about starting Xenogears but since I´m not able to play through that game in 5 days or maybe six until Red Faction Guerilla, Tales of Vesperia (yes, it took them THAT long to not localize it) and Star Ocean arrive here...well...

stevetothepast Jun 1st, 2009 10:48 AM

Red Faction Guerilla is going to be fun, did you play the demo?

OxBlood Jun 2nd, 2009 05:26 AM

Both of them, yes. I liked both Single- and Multiplayer so far. It´s primitive, sure, but hey, I get to blow up tons and tons of shit. I like that. Besides, it´s not like there´s anything else coming out for about a week...apart from Star Ocean, Vesperia has been delayed.

And hopefully on the 12th or 13th: Prototype, my most-wanted title for 2009...at least for now ^^

Phoenix Gamma Jun 2nd, 2009 01:50 PM

I'm gonna power through all the 2D Metroids now that Nintendo just showed us the new Metroid game coming out. They're even throwing in some of the Metroid Lore! Awesome :D

Also playing Mario Galaxy again. Never got all the starts as Luigi. And Mario Galaxy 2 got announced, so I'm pumped for that now :D

I'm very susceptible to E3 hype :(

OxBlood Jun 5th, 2009 04:42 AM

Hm, bought a PS3 yesterday and played some Infamous. Pretty nice game :)

Ant10708 Jun 6th, 2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 630828)

Also playing Mario Galaxy again. Never got all the starts as Luigi. And Mario Galaxy 2 got announced, so I'm pumped for that now :D

same

Fathom Zero Jun 6th, 2009 11:28 AM

I didn't like inFAMOUS as much as other people do. I mean, it's a fun game and all, but I don't like the story all that much, and I have a few other issues with it that keep it from being permanent in my collection.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 6th, 2009 02:30 PM

There's some other game coming out that is like INFAMOUS except you can morph your body into different things, mallet hands, flight arms, etc that looks pretty good.

stevetothepast Jun 6th, 2009 03:44 PM

prototype?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 6th, 2009 04:22 PM

That's the one.

bigtimecow Jun 6th, 2009 08:03 PM

started infamous yesterday. chose to be bad, however, i don't really see the difference yet. a few cutscenes were specific to being evil, but its strange that ill do a mission that involves killing a bunch of cops and that somehow secures the area from reapers, then my friend calls me and says people are feeling safer and putting up posters of me. feeling safer because i killed their only other form of protection? :/

Fathom Zero Jun 6th, 2009 10:16 PM

Yeah, Prototype is fucking badass and if anything, inFAMOUS has only whet my appetite for it.

stevetothepast Jun 7th, 2009 09:28 AM

I've been playing the XBL port of Wolfenstein 3d, getting myself ready for the new release next month I think it is. Anyone looking forward to the new Wolfenstein?

darkvare Jun 7th, 2009 12:51 PM

i just fineshed kingdom hearts for ds and i got chain of memories but the card system annoys me

Phoenix Gamma Jun 7th, 2009 04:46 PM

It'll grow on you once you understand how to build good decks.

The key is to lump all of your 0 cards at the end of the deck. That way, during boss fights, if you need to cancel an attack, you know where all of your 0's are. You might want to lump your cures together too so you can cast cura/curaga faster if you're totally fucked.

It's not that great of a game (exploration is shit), but at least there's a second playable characher/story after you beat it once. I'm not sure if the 3D PS2 version actually improved anything.

darkvare Jun 7th, 2009 07:25 PM

i'm playing in the ps2 i'm gona try building better decks

OxBlood Jun 8th, 2009 04:14 AM

Finished InFamous as an evil Mofo. Quite nice but some...or most of the powers feel a little useless or underpowered. I guess my Star Ocean and Red Faction should arrive today, so I´ll play those tonight hopefully.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 08:26 AM

About to start up FFIX today. I've played all the other FFs and hated all of them (except XII. But apparently everyone hates that one). People keep telling me this one is the best in the series, so I figured I'd try it out.

stevetothepast Jun 8th, 2009 09:04 AM

Final Fantasy 2 is the only one I enjoyed playing through, that being said, I'm a little weary of turn based rpg's

Dimnos Jun 8th, 2009 09:06 AM

Yeah. I have to go with FF2 (Or FF4 really) and FF3 (Which was what really? FF6?) and FFX was a suprise too.