I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

dextire May 13th, 2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 721076)
I have Black Swan from Netflix but am afraid to watch it because I don't want to be the sort of person who watches it. If that makes any sense.

Yeah, I feel that way about The King's Speech. :)

Watched Friday the 13th Part III (my favorite of the bunch) and the documentary His Name Was Jason.
It's a pretty good documentary that isn't made for TV as it shows the kills.

kahljorn May 14th, 2011 05:41 AM

has anybody seen atlas shrugged yet?

What the hell ever happened to preechr, anyway? dude was all excited about that movie forever ago

Mad Melvin May 14th, 2011 05:47 AM

Due Date

Good god. I'm pretty sure I didn't smile once during this crap. I love Robert Downey Jr, seriously, I would propably give him a blowjob if he asked me, but he was annoying as hell in this. And that Zack Galfifanfaiifas guy, oh boy. I wanted to beat his pudgy and hairy face with a crowbar. But that was propably the whole point of the character, so the jokes on me I guess.

So yeah, didn't like Due Date. At all.

Fathom Zero May 14th, 2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 721162)
has anybody seen atlas shrugged yet?

What the hell ever happened to preechr, anyway? dude was all excited about that movie forever ago

I thought it looked pretty good. I really want to see it. They've got a bunch of no-names in the leading roles, which I really dig.

kahljorn May 14th, 2011 05:59 PM

yea im kind of excited to see it, but nobody I know of has even watched it yet ;/

Kitsa May 14th, 2011 07:06 PM

I'm not the biggest fan of Ayn Rand so I will probably not watch it.

In regard to Due Date, I saw an interview with Robert Downey Jr in which he stated that it is one of the best movies he's ever done. I spent the entire rest of the interview trying to figure out if that was a serious statement.

Also, I know that chick isn't Liv Tyler but I keep thinking she is.

kahljorn May 14th, 2011 07:12 PM

i heard ayn rand smoked crystal meth :lol

King Hadas May 14th, 2011 07:22 PM

Ebert said it was boring and it only tells the first part of the story, apparently it's going to be a trilogy.

Kitsa May 15th, 2011 07:46 PM

Watching Black Swan now. It's either about a crazy girl who can't get away from her mom long enough to masturbate, or about a crazy girl who can't get away from her mom long enough to have lesbian sex with Mila Kunis. Still not sure.

And really glad I'm not watching it with my mom.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 15th, 2011 07:49 PM

Death race on edited cable tv. Its falconing amazing.

Kitsa May 16th, 2011 07:43 AM

I thought Black Swan was okay, but not the tour de force people kept claiming it to be.

I liked the director of the ballet better when he was dressed in drag in Elizabeth.

Tadao May 16th, 2011 10:52 AM

Movies are so lame nowadays that a decent movie looks like a tour de force.

Kitsa May 16th, 2011 04:12 PM

Her eyebrows bear a disturbing resemblance to mine :(

Elizabeth, not the Duc d'Anjou.

Mad Melvin May 16th, 2011 04:21 PM

Harry Brown (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289406/)

I really liked it. Michael Caine was such a badass and the guy is almost 80 years old. Dark movie and it made me hate teenagers almost as much as Eden Lake. The finale was a bit weaker than the rest of the movie, but it still works.

All Hail Duke May 17th, 2011 04:58 PM

thor...what a pile of shit

Zhukov May 18th, 2011 10:48 PM

I actually thought Thor was acceptable. Some bad bits, but certainly not as crap as I thought ti would be. It made me chuckle a few times, at least.

Harry Brown got reasonably bad reviews, I thought, but I wanted to watch it because I thought Michael Cain looked like a hard man in it, so I guess I will finally see if I can track it down.

Kitsa, I didn't see you as the type who would say "tour de force".

Kitsa May 18th, 2011 11:09 PM

I don't normally use gratuitous french.

I was halfassedly quoting others.

Zhukov May 19th, 2011 01:13 AM

That's ok. I don't think Tour de Force is really French. At least, not in the sense that people use it - "It's like Tour de France except it's FORCE."

Mad Melvin May 19th, 2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 721901)
Harry Brown got reasonably bad reviews, I thought, but I wanted to watch it because I thought Michael Cain looked like a hard man in it, so I guess I will finally see if I can track it down.

To be honest, the movie wouldn't be all that special if Michael Caine wasn't in it. It tries to make a statement about the increase of gangs in Britain, I guess, but it quickly dissolves into a borderline exploitation movie. I enjoyed it all the same.

darkvare May 22nd, 2011 01:45 AM

i watched priest it was kinda meh but they had a 3d trailer of the new pirates movie and the 3d effects in that one look great

10,000 Volt Ghost May 22nd, 2011 02:02 AM

I want to see the new pirates movie something fierce.

Pentegarn May 22nd, 2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 721914)
"It's like Tour de France except it's FORCE."

That and not everyone in a tour de force is doping and roiding

captain516 May 22nd, 2011 04:54 PM

That sounds like a 90s action movie.
"Tour De Force-coming soon on home video"

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2011 03:12 AM

lolooololololololollloollolllololololololorotflmao

Fathom Zero May 25th, 2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronymark (Post 722998)
Last Movie watched The Green Hornet. The Green Hornet is Great Action Comedy. If I had to describe this movie in one word it would be Excellent and Hilarius.

for posterity