I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Dec 5th, 2008 04:29 PM

Fire Emblem came out for the DS today. I've been curious as to how Marth's story plays out, so I was interested int trying it. Plus, I was just about to boot up an older Fire Emblem, so it came out right when I was in the mood for it.

I like it, but the graphics are crap, and you need to keep your army under 15 units to get the extra chapters. Seeing how they give you someone new every single chapter, keeping it under 15 is fucking hard.

Guitar Woman Dec 5th, 2008 04:51 PM

SUICIDE RUSH

Also, I downloaded a japanese Fire Emblem rom and had a fucking great time only understanding about half of it so I'll probably be picking this up too :o

Microshock Dec 5th, 2008 05:33 PM

Zomboid, if you havent heard most of the exclusives that are on the PS3, maybe you should go play...them...or read about them a bit before jumping to conclusions about how they suck

and xbla does not have the Pixeljunk series..or echochrome.. i can keep listing them.

Sounds like fanboyism and also if you look at the praise for Killzone 2 by beta players and by the press, it'll change your mind on it. Sequels..can improve.

executioneer Dec 5th, 2008 06:04 PM

MOUNT AND BLADE, AGAIN

King Hadas Dec 5th, 2008 06:10 PM

I don't actually own any of the consoles but from what I've seen the 360 seems to be taking on the role the PS2 had in the last generation. It probably has the best variety of games out of the three consoles. Why, if I had money I might pick one up tomorrow! but since I don't I-I guess I'll just play some more minesweepers.

Minesweepers is a free game on the PC! It's too damn hard though, I can't beat it.

King Hadas Dec 5th, 2008 07:16 PM

The Sweeping Mine:
A Minesweeper Fanfiction

by King Hadas

Wallace Runnerdail had cleared his share of fields. Big and small, think and thin, and superficially this one didn't seem all that special. It was a nine by nine yard field with maybe eighty-one spaces, quite generic actually but something felt wrong. He went to work pushing down tiles to reveal clear patches of metallic ground which in turn would set of more tiles, and on said ground he could see numbers.

Every sweeper knows about the twos and the threes and the fours and what they mean. Some sort of algorithm to decide the chance of meeting a mine and than in turn meeting the mine-reaper. Some sweepers believed the numbers had a deeper intrinsic meaning; unifying the sweeper, the mine and the field into a great mine wheel of life and chance. They believed when they died they'd get a chance to be a mine or even a minefield being sweeped. Wallace learned all this at the Goosewind Minesweeping Academy for Young Boys of Questionable Moral Fiber (GMAYNQMF) though he didn't put much stock in any of it. He played the game by instinct alone and it gotten him this far. But something seemed wrong!

Wallace began to think back to when his evil twin brother had tried to kill him with a mine. He had stopped him by beating him to death with a mine that happened to be deactivated. Suddenly, Wallace broke down into tears!

"No, NO, stay focused Wallace, you damn lunatic. It's impossible, your brother is dead. It's impossible his been reincarnated as a mine and is stalking me as I speak to myself AT THIS VERY MOMENT!"

"Is it brother?" A rusty voice of steel literally chimes in.

Wallace's blood ran colder than a mine in a refrigerators inside a girl minesweepers panties. He spins around, but not quick enough! His brother Sogrog Runnerdail the mine lunges at him from atop the red number two! Wallace tries to leap away and succeeds! His brothers attack falls short and he explodes screaming "AWOOOGA!!!!!."

Wallace laughs riotously as he rushes onwards, happy and free until he hears a familiar clicking under his feet and then a not so familiar bippity-beep-bap-bop. He recognizes the bippity-beep-bap-bop from GMAYNQMF training videos and know his run atop a mine.

"...but HOW?" he exclaims with righteous indignation. "I'd already cleared this part!"

Wallace could not know that the mine field was his ex-minesweeper mother who he never visited. A mother's rage really is...explosive.

Fathom Zero Dec 5th, 2008 08:15 PM

Echochrome sucks and the Pixel Junk games are hella boring. Linger in Shadows is the best thing on the PSN right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S9mlvmw1g

PS: It's my favorite $3 purchase ever.

King Hadas Dec 5th, 2008 08:36 PM

Microshock Dec 6th, 2008 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 600139)
Echochrome sucks and the Pixel Junk games are hella boring. Linger in Shadows is the best thing on the PSN right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S9mlvmw1g

PS: It's my favorite $3 purchase ever.

Pixeljunk Monsters seems like a nice ...desktop defense type of game. I didn't really understand Eden.

And echochrome is for people that are just plain smarter than us. I am seriously considering that game too but PSN isnt accepting the credit card details :(

Super Stardust HD and Blast Factor...uhh Flock is coming out

Phoenix Gamma Dec 6th, 2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 600088)
SUICIDE RUSH

Also, I downloaded a japanese Fire Emblem rom and had a fucking great time only understanding about half of it so I'll probably be picking this up too :o

Seriously, they give you so many fucking units. One map started and I saw one recruitable unit and said "whew, I'll just kill him an-" when I was suddenly ambushed by FIVE (FIVE!!!) new units, all of them the same (Usually cavaliers. I hope you fucking love horses!)

Aside from the absurd sidequest requirements and having too many people, it's basically a streamlined experience like how Days of Ruin streamlined AW. It's missing some things (rescuing, a few promotional classes) but strategy is even more important. I actually used a knight to block up a passage and prevented 15 enemies from attacking or moving. It was like the three stooges fitting into a door, but times 5. I took a cellphone picture because they just kept piling up into the doorway and grimacing at my one guy.

Oh! And multiplayer takes place on actual maps now, which is sick. My friend and I had some really interesting matches. Nintendo's online shop is also really handy, and lending units to friends is a neat idea (less neat when your friend wants to test it out and gives you the shitty starter paladin in exchange for someone good :( ).

If you don't mind the graphics and lack of a new system like relationships or transforming, you'll really like it.

Also, Fathom, I love the crap out of Echochrome. It's not like there are other good PSP games to play :( Definately not for everyone, but when I booted that game up at 1AM and the music kicked in through my headphones and all I saw was that tiny white screen, I got pretty into it. Plus the different illusion tools are fun :D

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 600184)
Pixeljunk Monsters seems like a nice ...desktop defense type of game. I didn't really understand Eden.

And echochrome is for people that are just plain smarter than us. I am seriously considering that game too but PSN isnt accepting the credit card details :(

Super Stardust HD and Blast Factor...uhh Flock is coming out

Oh that's right, I forgot that the PSN Cards are harder to find than plutonium in some places. Luckily, the exchange on post carries them.

WhiteRat Dec 6th, 2008 01:39 AM

NCAA Football 09 for PS3 almost exclusively online. 4-1 since last night.

Nick Dec 6th, 2008 02:36 AM

PSN games are horrible. First you buy the game, then they expect you to pay more money to buy the features that are in the game.

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2008 01:01 PM

How so?

There's expansion packs and then there's Tekken: Dark Resurrection which comes with or without online play, a difference of $10.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 6th, 2008 05:57 PM

Apparently Atlus was giving away beta codes for their new MMO, Shin Megami Tensei Online. SMT has this weird appeal, so I signed up with the hopes of it being cool enough to make me forget how bad MMORPGs are. So far it's been pretty decent.

Guitar Woman Dec 6th, 2008 11:34 PM

I replaced all the music in Morrowind with the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack. It instantly got about three times more enjoyable.

I also set the "game over" song to Tourettes Guy screaming OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT for comic relief :<

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 6th, 2008 11:44 PM

Street Fighter II HD Remix and Prince of Persia Classic.

Fathom Zero Dec 7th, 2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 600286)
Apparently Atlus was giving away beta codes for their new MMO, Shin Megami Tensei Online. SMT has this weird appeal, so I signed up with the hopes of it being cool enough to make me forget how bad MMORPGs are. So far it's been pretty decent.

I'm more of an SMT fan than a Persona one. Too bad they don't come over this side of the world often.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 7th, 2008 12:39 AM

See, I've only got P3 (and FES) to go on, since I'm usually hesitant to get anything made by Atlus. They love their fans, but they publish/develop some seriously crap games sometimes.

SMT:O is pretty fun even if I'm almost entirely detached from the franchise. The demon collecting aspect is the only real draw, though. It's not like, say, PSO where it's all about getting really cool weapons or something. Combat is pretty fun since it incorporates your actions with your partners, so having someone cast Agi as you charge at an enemy is neat. Then you follow up with different combos and junk.

I could see myself playing this a lot if I had a big enough group to play with, so we'll see how it goes when the public release comes out. I want to hurry up and get better stuff instead of just the beginner crap like every other player in my area.

Fathom Zero Dec 7th, 2008 01:00 AM

As I heard it, it's a free-to-play dealie; one of those microtranaction games.

OxBlood Dec 8th, 2008 02:49 AM

THAT would make me take a look at it I guess.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 10th, 2008 07:49 PM

Actually that should tell you to stay away. Free MMOs are usually mediocre at best. It just so happens that Atlus is at the helm to give thumbs up/down.

Speaking of Atlus, I finally finished my finals, so it's time to zone out and play Persona 4. The only problem: longest tutorial since Kingdom Hearts 2. Jesus Christ, it took over an hour before I got to actually fight.

OxBlood Dec 11th, 2008 02:47 AM

Hey Phoenix, after you played a bit, could you compare it to P3 for me? Since I wont see much of the game until it gets released here next year...which sucks.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 11th, 2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 601355)
Hey Phoenix, after you played a bit, could you compare it to P3 for me? Since I wont see much of the game until it gets released here next year...which sucks.

Certainly. I spent another 2 hours in an actual dungeon, bringing me to four hours, which means that this game is literally half grinding and half socializing.

I'll put it in a spoiler tag because it's a long post. No actual spoilers, I promise:

Spoilers!

That's about it. I'm still learning stuff as I go. There's a lot more stuff here, which is saying something compared to P3, which had more than an entire playthrough's worth of stuff.

Fathom Zero Dec 11th, 2008 04:12 PM

Lost Planet

Zomboid Dec 11th, 2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 600096)
Zomboid, if you havent heard most of the exclusives that are on the PS3, maybe you should go play...them...or read about them a bit before jumping to conclusions about how they suck

and xbla does not have the Pixeljunk series..or echochrome.. i can keep listing them.

Sounds like fanboyism and also if you look at the praise for Killzone 2 by beta players and by the press, it'll change your mind on it. Sequels..can improve.

Yeah, it sounds like xbla is really missing out on some treats with those games that I've never even heard of. I'm sure they're wonderful and people are just keeping that awesomeness to themselves by not discussing it.

Oh wait, fathom just did and he said they suck.

I thought there were enough people here that made it very clear that no one gives a fuck about ps3's exclusives, so stop trying to push that. I have a few friends with playstation 3's, and none of em play any of the exclusive games. Why? Because they suck or aren't as good as the ones that are on multiple consoles.

Really, kid. You're not gonna change my mind or anyone else's, so fuck off.

LordSappington Dec 11th, 2008 06:24 PM

Finally got my xbox fixed; right now I'm playing Rock Band 2. If anyone wants to hit me up on LIVE, my account is fairly obvious.

bigtimecow Dec 11th, 2008 09:31 PM

FINALLY installing fallout 3. but jesus, what else have i been playing lately (NOW THAT SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL'S OUT -- FOR -- WINTERBREAK):

assassin's creed - this game is beautiful, but really wish it had a subtitles option. somewhat hard to understand, and i generally play video games in a room with a lot of people, so you know what i mean. but yeah, controls are nice, gameplay is nice, direction is a little confusing, and yeah, i understand what everyone was saying about repetition
wario land: shake it! - hilarious. every time i press a button wario lets out one of his many grunts and gross sound effects, and i laugh every time. gameplay is very simple, feels kinda like a flash game. maybe would be more suited for the ds? either way, the game is just fun, and i think that's all it's trying to be. so GREAT
oddworld: abe's oddyssey - i've been playing this nostalgic title on a psx emulator on my laptop, but goddamn if playing it on a keyboard is frustrating (although, playing the pc version would be fine because the talk commands get mapped to the number keys). i might attempt to run this on my wii; there's some sort of psx emualtor floating around. loved this game as a kid, still love it now
mother 3 - lol, i wish i was playing this :( but i can't get into it for some reason. FUCK ME

getting ready to play over winter break: super mario sunshine, bomberman generation, fallout 3, fable, sam & max, hopefully pick up mushroom men... IT'S GONNA BE A FUN BREAK!!! :D

Fathom Zero Dec 11th, 2008 10:47 PM

I might consider picking Fallout 3 back up when they release the DLC. As it is, I'll just buy the three expansions and bum off of my friend.

Operation: Anchorage looks FLY

Microshock Dec 11th, 2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 601440)
Yeah, it sounds like xbla is really missing out on some treats with those games that I've never even heard of. I'm sure they're wonderful and people are just keeping that awesomeness to themselves by not discussing it.

Oh wait, fathom just did and he said they suck.

I thought there were enough people here that made it very clear that no one gives a fuck about ps3's exclusives, so stop trying to push that. I have a few friends with playstation 3's, and none of em play any of the exclusive games. Why? Because they suck or aren't as good as the ones that are on multiple consoles.

Really, kid. You're not gonna change my mind or anyone else's, so fuck off.

Chill out and play the games, not my fault your friends don't know about the exclusives

Zomboid Dec 12th, 2008 12:02 AM

My friends just like GOOD games.

Fathom Zero Dec 12th, 2008 12:10 AM

Resistance is pretty good and the new Uncharted game looks good too. But seriously, there's almost nothing specific in the PS3's favor.

Even MGS4 isn't for everybody.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 12th, 2008 12:45 AM

My friend got Tatsuwhatever Vs. Capcom for the Wii.

I don't know who the anime characters are, but the guys from the Capcom side are kinda lame. Aside from Ryu, Chun Li, Legends Mega Man, and the titty lady from Darkstalkers, they're all pretty obscure.

Combat's the usual stuff, but for some reason I picked it up really quick and started comboing my friends, which is weird, because I'm not that good at fighters.

OxBlood Dec 12th, 2008 02:54 AM

On one hand, I really wouldn´t mind having some nice exclusives for the PS3, so there might finally be a reason for me to buy one (the System is a good one, no doubt)...but there isn´t. The only game that really sparked my interest was MGS4 and a friend of mine was so nice to let me play the entire thing while he watched.
I was pretty dissappointed by that "game". Sure, it ties all the loose ends...but it does that so desperately, it´s not even funny. 4-5 hours of more or less good gameplay and 9 hours of idly sitting by watching Snake get old and even more stupid is...not what I call a good game.

Concerning the other games...what is there? Resistance is just another Shooter (say what you want, it is), I already have enough of those. Uncharted is apparently very good, LBP is good, Valkyria is said to be good too, but I think a game like that belongs in a museum...no...wait. On a portable console, that´s what I wanted to say. And apart from that, there´s nothing that can make me want to spend 500 Bucks for a single game or even three.

The only things I´d like to see on XBL too are Warhawk and Stardust HD, those are really nice games.

I think the main problem is, that many people already have a 360 and don´t see any reason to buy an aditional console (like me) just for two or three more or less good games. I can only speak for myself, but the PS3 doesn´t have any systemsellers right now. For me.

Nick Dec 12th, 2008 06:03 AM

There are some games that could prove to be awesome coming to the PS3 next year, and that's the only reason I picked up one of those Metal Gear Solid package deals.

Massive Action Game seems pretty awesome.

Fathom Zero Dec 12th, 2008 07:30 AM

MAG is gonna be just stupid.

OH! I forgot about The Last Guy! And Calling All Cars! And Fat Princess! And Loco Roco! And the new Punisher game, (multiplayer only FPS.) And Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.

All on the PSN.

But whichever console Quake comes to first will obviously be the deciding factor.

Nick Dec 13th, 2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 601553)
MAG is gonna be just stupid.

OH! I forgot about The Last Guy! And Calling All Cars! And Fat Princess! And Loco Roco! And the new Punisher game, (multiplayer only FPS.) And Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.

All on the PSN.

But whichever console Quake comes to first will obviously be the deciding factor.

I'm tired of Sony publishing all these games that require you to make your own content. It makes me feel like they've gotten really tired of making games.

Fathom Zero Dec 13th, 2008 01:20 AM

I don't know what you were referencing in my comment, but okay!

No, it's a new fad in games, like "open-worlds." It started when a lot of PC devs made games with editors and things, now they're making games with similar experiences as PC gamers migrated over. Customizeable characters are cool, but level editors are where the fun is. I think shit really kicked into high gear with Halo 3's Forge. Being a popular franchise got a lot of people into the editor, as opposed to the other way around. Now that that's been around for a while, people are looking to games for user-generated content.

I have not latched fully onto user-created content, yet.

With LBP, I feel absolutely daunted by everything I can do in it and I end up doing nothing but making a penis-shaped rocket car.

In Banjo Kazooie, I enjoyed making monstrosities and driving them around and using them in multiplayer. It was fuckin' awesome.

But regardless, it'll probably be superceded by some other awesome idea that everyone wants to capitalize on and with be incorporated into every title in the near future some way or another.

Fathom Zero Dec 13th, 2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 600382)
As I heard it, it's a free-to-play dealie; one of those microtranaction games.

http://www.megatenonline.com/

Phoenix Gamma Dec 13th, 2008 11:59 AM

Uh...there's an english site you know :V
http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

Fathom Zero Dec 13th, 2008 01:31 PM

Maybe someone wanted both.

LordSappington Dec 14th, 2008 10:14 PM

Has anyone noticed that 360 owners tend to talk about how much fun the games are, or talk about them playing the games, and ps3 owners talk about how 'Ps3 is so much better, faggot!'
Also, everyone I know who owns one's argument as to why the ps3 is better is because none of them break.
That's probably because no one plays it enough to break it.

Dr. Boogie Dec 15th, 2008 12:17 AM

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69697142

darkvare Dec 15th, 2008 12:18 AM

does anyone knows about good and preferably free point and click games

executioneer Dec 15th, 2008 01:25 AM

http://www.homestarrunner.com/dangeresque.html

OxBlood Dec 15th, 2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 601970)
Has anyone noticed that 360 owners tend to talk about how much fun the games are, or talk about them playing the games, and ps3 owners talk about how 'Ps3 is so much better, faggot!'
Also, everyone I know who owns one's argument as to why the ps3 is better is because none of them break.
That's probably because no one plays it enough to break it.

I guess that´s because the PS3 is the contender this time around. Last time, the PS2 already had it´s place in everyone´s house and the Xbox had to compete against that and didn´t do too well.

This time, the 360 arrived first while those hellbent on sticking to a single company (a behaviour I will never ever understand) had to wait until "their" console was released. So maybe those PS3-Fanatics feel like they have to be on the offense all the time...don´t know but that´s at least one explanation.

Also, 360-Fanatics try to avoid praising the hardware since they´ll only get a RROD-Counter from everyone. They DO break down a lot, that´s a fact, and an unpleasant one for the Fans to work with.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2008 07:21 AM

Not Lost Planet anymore because it's gay as hell.

Fathom Zero Dec 15th, 2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 602032)
Not Lost Planet anymore because it's gay as hell.

And I do praise the 360 hardware, especially the new Jasper boards.

Zomboid Dec 15th, 2008 05:37 PM

My xbox broke down once since launch, and I got a new one with a month free of live. That's like 4 years with one incident, so I can't really put a whole lot of stock into the red ring of death thing. I know it happens a lot, but it's only happened to me once; I'm happy :D

Esuohlim Dec 15th, 2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 601490)
mother 3 - lol, i wish i was playing this :( but i can't get into it for some reason. FUCK ME

Same here, unfortunately. I've done two chapters since it came out and it's just not clicking with me :( I really want it to :tear

So I just started up a new Earthbound game this afternoon. Maybe it'll get me in the mood ;)

Microshock Dec 15th, 2008 11:50 PM

The Uncharted 2 Trailer just looks amazing, i can't wait to play it, they say all of it was done in-engine.

But god of war 3...was just so cheesy and meh. Is that really how the guy sounds like? I swear, when i played god of war a year ago, kratos sounded ..a lot cooler

But you guys do get the Lost and the Damned chapter for GTA IV, should be nice, let's see how it turns out

Zomboid Dec 16th, 2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 602133)
Same here, unfortunately. I've done two chapters since it came out and it's just not clicking with me :( I really want it to :tear

So I just started up a new Earthbound game this afternoon. Maybe it'll get me in the mood ;)

You're both fucking awful. It's a great game and I THOUGHT we'd all been waiting for it for quite a long time, but now I realize that I AM THE ONE TRUE FAN >:

Esuohlim Dec 16th, 2008 01:23 AM

It IS a great game. I just never want to play it when I'm not playing it. :(

OxBlood Dec 16th, 2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 602151)
You're both fucking awful. It's a great game and I THOUGHT we'd all been waiting for it for quite a long time, but now I realize that I AM THE ONE TRUE FAN >:

Maybe I´d be another one if the game fucking existed in this part of the world...wait IS the game released in the US?

Zomboid Dec 16th, 2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 602163)
Maybe I´d be another one if the game fucking existed in this part of the world...wait IS the game released in the US?

We're all playing the patched ROM. It's still only officially released in Japan.

Again, fuck you, Nintendo.

OxBlood Dec 16th, 2008 05:55 AM

Oh nice, so I could play it...let´s see where I have those GBA-Emulators...

Edit: ...and done. I love the modern world sometimes...now to throw that stuff on my DS and we have something nice.

executioneer Dec 16th, 2008 06:50 AM

they released a japanese to english hack a while ago

OxBlood Dec 16th, 2008 07:24 AM

And that´s a moment when I love the internet. Same with Seiken Densetsu 3 some years ago, those translation-teams deserve a big heartfelt "thank you".

LittleDollClaudia Dec 16th, 2008 07:52 PM

I did have the opportunity last week while at Game Stop to play the same game title on both 360 and PS3. And 360 is winning out, especially since it's way cheaper. The controller isn't as different as what was the original concern. The graphics and playability did have a slight edge going to the 360.

Plus, the exclusive games for PS3 that we saw had not that great of graphics or really something that I would stand in line for.

Unless I am mistaken, there seems to be about 70% 360ers, and 30% PS3ers on the thread. I do see both sides, but I think that I am closer to my choice now.

Again, thanks everyone for their input.

Microshock Dec 16th, 2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleDollClaudia (Post 602351)
I did have the opportunity last week while at Game Stop to play the same game title on both 360 and PS3. And 360 is winning out, especially since it's way cheaper. The controller isn't as different as what was the original concern. The graphics and playability did have a slight edge going to the 360.

Plus, the exclusive games for PS3 that we saw had not that great of graphics or really something that I would stand in line for.

Unless I am mistaken, there seems to be about 70% 360ers, and 30% PS3ers on the thread. I do see both sides, but I think that I am closer to my choice now.

Again, thanks everyone for their input.

I think you should try the games that really show the system off, I mean i went into my gamestop today and they had The Force unleashed on the ps3, hardly a system pusher...

But games like little big planet...mgs4 , uncharted should let you see the fun in them.
Maybe i will get a 360 this christmas, i have no idea. But i still dont know how im going to connect it to the internet without a wireless adapter, my router is 2 rooms away and i dont want to pay 100 bucks for a fucking wi-fi dongle.

Guitar Woman Dec 16th, 2008 09:57 PM

Earthbound Zero is better than Mother 3, anyway. :/

I wanted to like this game so hard. It takes forever to get going is the biggest problem, I think. After the game actually started at Chapter 5 I was sort of done with it.

Then again I didn't like Eternal Darkness until about 2 months after I got it, so mabye it'll be the same way with Mother 3.

pac-man Dec 16th, 2008 11:45 PM

Dungeons and Dungeons. It's actually a really good platformer.

DevilWearsPrada Dec 17th, 2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 602364)
But i still dont know how im going to connect it to the internet without a wireless adapter, my router is 2 rooms away and i dont want to pay 100 bucks for a fucking wi-fi dongle.

25 to 50 ft. ethernet cords'll do the job, and they're cheap at walmart or radioshack.

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2008 12:29 AM

That's how I do it!

DevilWearsPrada Dec 17th, 2008 12:42 AM

Another Trick: if you have a laptop, run an ethernet cord from the 360 to the laptop, then bridge wireless and wired connections on the laptop. The laptop becomes a ghetto wireless adaptor

executioneer Dec 17th, 2008 01:57 AM

you can get two cheapo wireless routers and bridge them for cheaper than the stupid xbox wireless adapter, for fucks sake

Sam Dec 17th, 2008 10:45 AM

You can use the wireless adapter for the original Xbox too.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 17th, 2008 02:18 PM

Dissidia just came out in Japan. Finally, a reason to use the PSP besides listening to music!

Actually, the game is fantastic. Replicates the retarded, over the top fights of Advent Children, and the different features adds a lot of customization. The battlefields are so fucking awesome, too.

Probably my favorite PSP game.

Fathom Zero Dec 17th, 2008 11:08 PM

I bought The Darkness, The Club, and Dark Sector today.

Woohoo. The Darkness is more fun than I imagined.

OxBlood Dec 18th, 2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 602478)
Dissidia just came out in Japan. Finally, a reason to use the PSP besides listening to music!

Actually, the game is fantastic. Replicates the retarded, over the top fights of Advent Children, and the different features adds a lot of customization. The battlefields are so fucking awesome, too.

Probably my favorite PSP game.

What would interest me is...what the heck are you doing in that game? Is it just a brawler or is there something to do besides the fighting? Never really figured that out when watching the Videos.

@Fathom: Good choices. At least Darkness and Sector, those are nice games, especially the darkness.

pac-man Dec 18th, 2008 02:54 AM

TMNT Arcade.

Zhukov Dec 18th, 2008 07:33 AM

I've been playing Civ4. Fantastic game of course, but I spend too long playing it, especially since I have a tendency give up and start from the begining again if someone captures a favourite city of mine.

Also playing Red Alert 3 online, but haven't been able to drag myself out of the shit players lobby.

Phoenix Gamma Dec 18th, 2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 602644)
What would interest me is...what the heck are you doing in that game? Is it just a brawler or is there something to do besides the fighting? Never really figured that out when watching the Videos.

It's Advent Children: The Videogame, starring the heroes of FFs 1-11 (12 isn't as stupid and over the top to be included I guess :()

Basically, each character has Brave Points and Hit Points. BP determines how much damage you do with the square button, and circle button uses attacks that drain BP instead of HP. So you want to reduce their BP to zero and get bonus BP, which gives you a whole lot of attack power with the square button attacks. Then you attack the HP and try to kill them while they try to regain BP by running away or stealing yours.

All that happens while people get knocked through destructable environments (castle cielings, stone pillars, entire mountains) and run around walls and grind on shit. It's really cool and fun to watch (even comes with replays that can be put on your computer) and the gameplay is pretty easy to grasp once you understand how everything works.

There's an RPG element too, where your character's stats are saved in story mode and are leveled up. You earn new moves and items to bring to battle, and when you're up to it, you bring all of that stuff to multiplayer (which can scale the levels if you don't want to fight your friend's Lv 20 Cloud with a Lv5 Cecil).

Really impressive game. No clue why this isn't on a console.

OxBlood Dec 19th, 2008 02:50 AM

Sounds a little...uncomplex somehow but still quite interesting.

Thank you for the info Phoenix. :)

Phoenix Gamma Dec 19th, 2008 08:27 AM

It's pretty simple once you play a few rounds. Not any harder to grasp than Smash Bros, I'd say.

I've got a good grasp on customizing despite my lack of Japanese knowledge. The only sucky part is that I can't play online unless I buy a PS3 and get a Japanese PS3 ID or something. $400 is a lot to play a PSP game online :(

Hopefully when it comes out here in the summer, it'll have a better online system.

Fathom Zero Dec 19th, 2008 08:10 PM

Gears O' War Two.

I beat Dark Sector and The Darkness since I bought them Wednesday. The Club is kicking my ass, though.

Eris Dec 22nd, 2008 03:58 PM

Harvest Moon 2.

bigtimecow Dec 22nd, 2008 08:30 PM

i played gears of war last week with my friend and fully enjoyed it. i really love that the characters aren't skinny fucks in little cyborg outfits (i.e. halo) but rather huge fucking steroid-popping meatheads with f*cking massive armor, mainly because it actually makes it seem possible that they could survive a gun shot or two

also been playing super mario sunshine which was been a lot of fun but kind of... weird, not sure how much i like the FLUDD, but using it as a jetpack is neat. trauma center for the wii is fun, wario land is hilarious and actually challenging, assassin's creed i feel really lost in, only because i have no idea where i am and what i'm supposed to be doing, started and beat portal and absolutely loved it (just wished it was longer :(), started half life 2 again on my laptop and on the ps3, but probably gonna continue it on the ps3 because my laptop still sucks with valve games, and i just installed grand theft auto III. hopefully it runs nice!

sh*t that's a lot of games

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 22nd, 2008 08:47 PM

Sounds like you're going to be having a nice winter break.

pac-man Dec 22nd, 2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 603503)
i played gears of war last week with my friend and fully enjoyed it. i really love that the characters aren't skinny fucks in little cyborg outfits (i.e. halo) but rather huge fucking steroid-popping meatheads with f*cking massive armor, mainly because it actually makes it seem possible that they could survive a gun shot or two

also been playing super mario sunshine which was been a lot of fun but kind of... weird, not sure how much i like the FLUDD, but using it as a jetpack is neat. trauma center for the wii is fun, wario land is hilarious and actually challenging, assassin's creed i feel really lost in, only because i have no idea where i am and what i'm supposed to be doing, started and beat portal and absolutely loved it (just wished it was longer :(), started half life 2 again on my laptop and on the ps3, but probably gonna continue it on the ps3 because my laptop still sucks with valve games, and i just installed grand theft auto III. hopefully it runs nice!

sh*t that's a lot of games

Don't forget to sleep, eat, poop, and bathe. I need to go back into my library and beat some games, but I want to see what I get for Xmas first.

bigtimecow Dec 22nd, 2008 09:53 PM

i know i'm getting sam and max season one for x-mas, so i'm fucking pumped. makes me want to go back and play monkey island AGAIN. actually, i might go do that right now :(

and i want mushroom men but after reading some reviews, i might reconsider it

Fathom Zero Dec 22nd, 2008 10:12 PM

The Darkness reminds me a lot of Max Payne. I've enjoyed it a ton and it was well worth the ten-spot I slapped down for it.

pac-man Dec 22nd, 2008 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 603528)
i know i'm getting sam and max season one for x-mas, so i'm fucking pumped. makes me want to go back and play monkey island AGAIN. actually, i might go do that right now :(

and i want mushroom men but after reading some reviews, i might reconsider it

Dude, Sam & Max Season 1 is tits. There are a quite a few laugh out loud moments and the adventure gameplay is so fucking refreshing and clever, if at sometimes frustrating. I honestly don't know why this genre is on life support. The quality of that game convinced me to buy the Strong Bad game TellTale made, and it's good too. I still lament the cancellation of Full Throttle 2.

Dimnos Dec 23rd, 2008 11:34 AM

Gears 2 huh? Better than the first or about the same? What kind of multiplayer does it have?

Hugh Jerection Dec 23rd, 2008 06:41 PM

I'm still playing COD4 and Ninja Gaiden 2.
Need to get my finger out and complete Bioshock and GTA4

bigtimecow Dec 23rd, 2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 603558)
Dude, Sam & Max Season 1 is tits. There are a quite a few laugh out loud moments and the adventure gameplay is so fucking refreshing and clever, if at sometimes frustrating. I honestly don't know why this genre is on life support. The quality of that game convinced me to buy the Strong Bad game TellTale made, and it's good too. I still lament the cancellation of Full Throttle 2.

i fucking love point and click adventure games, so i totally agree. i couldn't get into strongbad, but that's probably because i find strongbad very unfunny. the gameplay was solid though.

i want to play monkey island more than ever.

darkvare Dec 23rd, 2008 11:04 PM

i just finished the first season of strong mad the last episode is the best
hey fathom wanna get some lessons in gears 2 meaning me kicking your ass add me and pm lulz

bigtimecow Dec 24th, 2008 02:02 AM

ur so mxcn

Fathom Zero Dec 24th, 2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 603610)
Gears 2 huh? Better than the first or about the same? What kind of multiplayer does it have?

Way more of the same. Nothing new, really.

pac-man Dec 25th, 2008 12:05 AM

Gears 2 is more like an upgrade than a sequel in terms of gameplay, but the story and multiplayer are waaaay better.

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2008 06:01 PM

I borrowed it. And I know better than to play you in any gears, Darkvare. I'm not looking for any more disappointment this holiday season.

bigtimecow Dec 25th, 2008 10:08 PM

fuck, i wish sam and max didn't have so many slowdowns. it's seriously starting to ruin my experience :( but it is fucking funny

bigtimecow Dec 27th, 2008 03:08 PM

yeah, returning sam and max today. this morning i started playing the original (sam and max hit the road) on my wii and it is much more enjoyable. :( too bad. but hey! i also got curse of monkey island to work so WOOOOOO

Ant10708 Dec 29th, 2008 11:59 PM

Playing Gears of War 2

What is 'the darkness'?

Sam Dec 30th, 2008 02:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

darkvare Dec 30th, 2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 604902)
Playing Gears of War 2

What is 'the darkness'?

is a game bassed on the comic of the same name there is a demo on live
http://files.playstatic.com/ps3/the-...s-review-3.jpg

pac-man Dec 30th, 2008 10:00 AM

Smackdown vs. Raw 2009. I hadn't played a WWE game in ages before I got this, so it's really a breath of fresh air in a lot of ways. It's got plenty of modes, great creation tools (except that you have to play a career to get your created wrestler's stats up) and it's a lot of fun.

Dimnos Dec 30th, 2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 604496)
i also got curse of monkey island to work so WOOOOOO

On your Wii? :confused:

brokensaint82 Dec 30th, 2008 08:21 PM

Playin Rock Band 2 as well as Dead Space and force unleashed. I need a new RPG to sink a lot of time since I plan on beating all 3 within the next week.

Fathom Zero Dec 30th, 2008 10:29 PM

The Darkness is a pretty old game, as far as the current generation goes.