I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Esuohlim Jun 11th, 2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 759696)
shot a cow in the face :tear

lol hey kahl this reminds of a certain scene from a certain movie ;)

kahljorn Jun 11th, 2012 01:08 AM

i like how cows bring tears to her eyes but not the gentle face of brad pitt

Kitsa Jun 11th, 2012 04:19 AM

It is what it is

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2012 04:34 AM

what if a cow became brad pitt

Kitsa Jun 11th, 2012 06:47 AM

I'm going to go on the record and say I wouldn't eat either of them.

Kitsa Jul 10th, 2012 01:51 PM

Peanut butter peppers and brown rice. My kid ate kale chips. She's a sport.

Kitsa Jul 26th, 2012 08:13 AM

Homemade rum raisin cake with uncooked rum in the icing. Shit gives you a solid buzz.

Colonel Flagg Aug 1st, 2012 01:50 PM

Meatball parm with a diet root beer.

Kitsa Aug 3rd, 2012 09:45 PM

Tried to make my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses.

Failed at making my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses. :tear

That salad was painful.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2012 03:37 AM

hahahaha

Vanilla shake, bby

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 760749)
Tried to make my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses.

Failed at making my own ginger dressing like the kind I love in Japanese steakhouses. :tear

That salad was painful.

haha
how did you make it?
fresh ginger is hellish

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 07:55 AM

I basically used this recipe, and I might have gotten myself in trouble trying to sub for the oil (I am trying to get rid of any excess oil, stopped cooking with oil, etc). I used unsweetened applesauce in place of oil, and all I had were red onions, so that might have made a difference.

It didn't say exactly how much ginger root "a peeled piece" was, so I might have used more of that than it called for, too.

idk, in comparison to the original I would say it was...

less "umami"
not as garlicky
too tomato-y
too sweet
burned with the fire of a thousand hells

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 12:40 PM

tbh i think the secret to the restaurant ginger stuff is they cook it or they let the vinegar make it soft (pickled?) or they used jarred ginger. It really has the consistency of the ginger in a jar kinda. Fresh ginger will never taste the way it does in the restaurant. Fresh ginger is all fibrous and extremely hot and has that taste like those wetnaps they give you at steak houses

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 12:48 PM

I agree with you about the jarred ginger, and I will do that next time. I usually use the pureed ginger in a tube because it cooks way faster- I have a Japanese ginger grater but it eats the hell out of my hands if I slip.

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 12:55 PM

Or pink pickled sushi ginger, that could be it

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2012 01:39 PM

it could be that. If you just let the ginger soak in some vinegar for a while it should soften it up and help to "cook" it. i dunno though that stuff is delicious.
Also i think it has orange juice in it but maybe thats just from the vinegar

also my parents found a storebought ginger dressing that tastes fairly similar to the one in restaurants. Ill see if i can find the name

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 04:41 PM

if it's Makoto, that's what I'm trying to duplicate. Shit's $4 a bottle.

Kitsa Aug 4th, 2012 06:59 PM

Right now I'm drinking an awesome thing that tastes like a chocolate milkshake but is not.

It's a chopped up frozen banana, a squeeze of agave nectar, about a cup of almond milk and two spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powder in a blender. Sometimes I add a spoonful of peanut butter, but I was feeling fat today so I didn't.

Otherwise, this stuff is great.

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2012 07:24 PM

Made Jim Beam barbecue sauce.

yummmmmmmmmm

Esuohlim Aug 4th, 2012 08:13 PM

I went to Chinatown today and got some pineapple shrimp fried rice

I have never seen so many people using umbrellas on a sunny day. Is this a stereotype? It should be

Fathom Zero Aug 4th, 2012 08:47 PM

sun burns, bro

are you not pale enough to notice?

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF US

Guitar Woman Aug 9th, 2012 02:14 PM

Drankin' a watermelon Four Loko because I'm falling down dead tired and also wanted some booze.

It's fucking horrifying. It tastes like a Jolly Rancher covered in salt, and also like how a men's bathroom smells. Never again.

Kitsa Aug 9th, 2012 05:57 PM

Red potatoes sauteed with baby bella mushrooms and fresh green beans in thyme and garlic; cauliflower seasoned with pepper, turmeric and garam masala; broccoli with ginger sauce.

Aaarg Aug 13th, 2012 12:49 PM

i'd been good about not eating meat for a few weeks but yesterday somebody gave us a bunch of tomatoes and we had blt wraps because goddammit... blts are good.

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2012 01:42 PM

I use Morningstar farms bacon and do blts on whole grain English muffins.

darkvare Sep 3rd, 2012 02:33 PM

thi is what i'm eating today fellas

Kitsa Sep 3rd, 2012 02:44 PM

wow, you must really like it.

I'm eating groundnut stew, one of my new favorite meals.

Kitsa Sep 4th, 2012 09:13 PM

Two frozen bananas in a blender with almondmilk, cocoa, agave nectar and espresso powder. Fucking awesome.

dextire Sep 4th, 2012 10:04 PM

Do you think honey or simple syrup would be a good substitute for the agave nectar, or do you need the real stuff for the best flavor?

Kitsa Sep 4th, 2012 11:57 PM

I wouldn't do simple syrup bc it's watery, but honey would be fine. I'm allergic, so I use agave.

All Hail Duke Sep 13th, 2012 07:19 PM

cinnamon gummy bears

dextire Sep 22nd, 2012 11:06 PM

Pumpkin Spice Eggo Waffles.

These are my favorite frozen waffles. They have cinnamon, nutmeg, and even ginger, with just a hint of pumpkin spice. Very good. :halloween2

saturnknight Sep 26th, 2012 07:48 PM

Home Made Chicken wraps with bbqw sauce on it.... and a mango mio

Kitsa Sep 26th, 2012 07:52 PM

Channa masala and broccoli with an obscene amount of fresh naan

dextire Oct 7th, 2012 07:18 PM

After failing horribly to create cookies, I made some Halloween marshmallow treats with orange marshmallow pumpkins and "Marshmallow Pebbles" cereal.

All Hail Duke Oct 7th, 2012 11:48 PM

pain killers and water

Kitsa Oct 8th, 2012 01:44 AM

coke zero.

Nick Oct 8th, 2012 08:01 AM

Nothing like a early morning left-over cheeseburger to make you feel nauseated.

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 05:57 AM

Hummus and tortilla chips.

Kitsa Oct 10th, 2012 11:53 AM

beer chili and tortilla chips

I love my beer chili so damn much if I do say so myself

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 07:12 PM

can you hook a brother up with a recipe?

Zomboid Oct 10th, 2012 09:49 PM

Reese peanut butter cup, braws. I've already eaten most of the good leftovers, like the cabbage rolls, lazy cabbage rolls, perogies, ham, and stuffing, so now I just have turkey and some other stuff left. Fuck that. I'D RATHER STARVE!

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 10:09 PM

Is there at least any dark meat left?

SKATERMONKEY Oct 10th, 2012 11:12 PM

Raisin toast. Breakfast of champions.

Kitsa Oct 11th, 2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 762711)
can you hook a brother up with a recipe?

Absolutely I can.

You take a big pot. Or a big crockpot. Whatever.

For every "recipe" of chili, you need-

1 can or bottle of beer. I normally use Sam Adams or Yuengling.
1 of the big cans of BROOKS CHILI HOT BEANS. Important. Only Brooks. None of the others season it right.
1 lb of cooked and drained ground beef OR one bag of Morningstar meat crumbles if you don't do meat.
1 8-oz can of tomato sauce
2 cans of "chili-ready" tomatoes, I usually get RedGold or RoTel brand, the kind with the diced tomatoes and chilis in there.

Just dump everything in together and cook it on medium-high until it bubbles, then drop it to a simmer and let it cook down until it's nice and thick. Excellent with tortilla chips.

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2012 11:21 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that sounds good

Kitsa Oct 11th, 2012 11:41 AM

It is, and the leftovers taste even better because the spices keep on seasoning it.

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2012 11:51 AM

The problem is that Brooks Beans n'existent pas where I'm at. I'll work out my own thing, then, I guess.

Kitsa Oct 11th, 2012 12:19 PM

You can use the seasoning packets in their stead, but it makes the resultant stuff a little darker and spicier.

Fathom Zero Oct 11th, 2012 12:31 PM

I s'pose I could cut it a little bit with something else or use less.

ty ty

Shrubfest Oct 16th, 2012 12:00 PM

Well. After years of considering the food in the land of spray cheese to surely be horrifying, I just made American pancakes. I now understand a whole aspect of US culture which was previously a mystery to me.

They were lovely.
Fuck British pancakes.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 12:17 PM

I can only imagine that British Pancakes are thin, anaemic slabs of sadness.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 01:11 PM

I hope you don't want to be skinny.

Shrubfest Oct 16th, 2012 01:38 PM

British pancakes are more like crepes, but without the sugar syrup.
We have scotch pancakes which are more like American ones, but they tend to be either plain or raisin, and usually eaten cold or toasted.

I am regretting them a bit now, I feel a bit of indigestion.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 02:13 PM

live long and poop well

I just finished two corned beef, sauerkraut, and provolone sandwiches on toasted potato bread. Now I'm off to Judo.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 02:38 PM

As long as it isn't Bisquick then you might live.

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 02:45 PM

Hungry Jack mix is where it's at.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 02:50 PM

Trader Joes Salmonella free formula 5!

Fathom Zero Oct 16th, 2012 03:03 PM

Grrrrrrrrrrl, if there were a Trader Joes around me, I'd forsake pancakes and load up on Gorilla Munch.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 03:11 PM

Hah, go figure that I love the Panda peanut butter Enviro kids gluten free cereal.

Shrubfest Oct 16th, 2012 03:16 PM

Oh. Maybe I was wrong about the understanding American pancakes thing.

I made mine from ingredients.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 03:19 PM

So do we, but our ingredients are put together for us and we add water and heat. Also other thing.

Tadao Oct 16th, 2012 03:22 PM

There is a restaurant called Norms in Cali. L.A. and they makle the best shortstacks. I don't know how far across America they spread but their shit is yummy. Since gluten fucks me up I can't eat them and I recently learned that dinners add pancake batter to scrambled eggs for flavor and filler. Now I have to get my eggs over easy without toast. Fucking dinners and their wheat in everything ideas.

Babs Oct 16th, 2012 06:59 PM

I hear at Costco they have $5 vasectomies and they ARE gluten free.

Dimnos Oct 17th, 2012 10:30 AM

Shrub, do you guys have IHOP over there?

Tadao Oct 17th, 2012 11:17 AM

WELL IT IS INTERNATIONAL :rolleyes

Dimnos Oct 17th, 2012 01:18 PM

She was supposed to respond before you jumped in with that.

Tadao Oct 17th, 2012 01:31 PM

HOW DO YOU KNOW I'M NOT A HOT ENGLISH PIXIE CUT TEASE?

Shrubfest Oct 17th, 2012 02:48 PM

We know because IHOP isn't in the UK. I went to 'The Pancake House' on holiday once. I expect that was a knock-off version. It was mostly weird.

Tadao Oct 17th, 2012 02:50 PM

Yeah but you loved my pork sauce. :wink

Zomboid Oct 17th, 2012 04:30 PM

Ritz Bits mini sandwiches. Fawk yeah, bros.

Kitsa Oct 17th, 2012 05:10 PM

Wrong, you're all wrong.

This is God's Own pancake recipe.

Mike Tobacco Oct 28th, 2012 06:57 PM

I'm eating KFC Dip'ems. Now, I don't typically eat fast food, but if push comes to shove I will grab some fried chicken or order a pizza. The chicken strips themselves are standard KFC-fare, but these new sauces are pretty shitty.

There's this Creamy Buffalo sauce, which is poorly named and has this radioactive orange color that isn't found in nature. And there's an Orange Ginger flavor which was so bad after the first try I seriously thought I tasted it wrong. A second try only proved that my tastebuds were indeed working correctly. Finally there's the Bacon Ranch sauce, that looks and tastes how you'd expect, but had the psychological side-effect of reminding me how unhealthy this whole affair has been.

dextire Nov 7th, 2012 06:16 PM

Chicken noodle soup made from scratch. It turned out way better than I thought it would.

And I'm drinking from this way too normal looking can.
Dragonfruit Pepsi!

After assuming "PepsiX" was just a slightly redesigned can for the X factor show, a closer inspection reveled that it was actually Dragonfruit flavored Pepsi!
And while it's tasty stuff, it really doesn't taste like Pepsi at all. It's very fruity, and somewhat floral.

Aaarg Dec 7th, 2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 762942)
Oh. Maybe I was wrong about the understanding American pancakes thing.

I made mine from ingredients.

hm which ingredients?

this one?

oh, maybe this one

also thin pancakes are where it's at. put all your ingredients together and add too much milk. all right.

Guitar Woman Dec 11th, 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg

NEW! Pancake-scented laundry detergent!

Kitsa Dec 13th, 2012 09:23 AM

I am going to do a cartoon-themed croquembouche for my kid's birthday party, God help me.

replicant Dec 14th, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 764458)
I am going to do a cartoon-themed croquembouche for my kid's birthday party, God help me.

Croquembouche just sounds scary in it's self.

Kitsa Dec 14th, 2012 04:35 PM

Last time I made one I got second-degree burns when a blob of molten sugar landed on my hand. Peeled it off skin and all. Sounds like a good time to me!

dextire Dec 14th, 2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 764493)
Last time I made one I got second-degree burns when a blob of molten sugar landed on my hand. Peeled it off skin and all.

:faint

Anyway, are you going to try a specific cartoon?

Kitsa Dec 14th, 2012 11:42 PM

My kid likes Pingu, so Pingu it is. I lucked out, claymation is crazy-easy to do in fondant.

The bad thing about being burned with sugar is that it's sticky. You can't get it peeled off before it starts cooking you, and it's cooking you all the time you're trying frantically to get it off you.

The prettiest croquembouches are dunked in the sugar- sort of a caramel-y, toffee-y kind of thing, stuck together with it, and then sort of wrapped in a cocoon of spun sugar. I'm not going that route. I'm using chocolate this time.

Kitsa Dec 15th, 2012 11:07 AM

Recipe for the best fucking chocolate glaze ever....

Melt one entire stick of unsalted butter in a saucepan. Don't boil it or get it to the point where it's turning brown...you want to be there right as that last tiny sliver liquefies.

Add in 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, and stir that shit till it's ultra-smooth.

Start adding in powdered sugar, a little at a time, stirring well after each addition. You might use as much as half pound, depending on the purity of the butter and how much it soaks up. Keep adding and stirring. It will start to look like a complete mess...thick, oily paste. When it's so thick it's starting to pull away from the sides of the pan and most of the oily stuff is absorbed, start adding milk a tiny bit at a time. At first the milk will just slosh around the paste, but after a couple of teaspoons it will start to smooth out. Keep adding and stirring until you have the consistency you're going for. I go until it's falling off the spoon in a ribbon back into the pan. Then you have to work fast- if you're covering a round cake, pour it on as you're turning the cake plate. If you're dunking pastries, keep it on low heat and keep stirring to prevent it from setting up. It will dry smooth and glossy and it tastes incredible. Good on eclairs, too.

Kitsa Jan 28th, 2013 03:18 PM

How can McVities taste like someone pressed them together from wet sand and yet have NO DIETARY FIBER IN THEM WHATSOEVER?

They have a grainy grass thing stamped into the top and everything. They're not digestives, they're LIES. >:(

WhiteRat Aug 25th, 2014 09:59 PM

I'm eating a delicious sirloin steak that I cooked rare in worchestire sauce with a KC Masterpiece meat rub. It is god damn fantastic.

seriously, like, no part of this is fat

and no bones

this is awesome

Esuohlim Aug 30th, 2014 12:20 PM

PUSSY :lol :lol :lol :lol

still funny you guys

WhiteRat May 14th, 2016 06:14 PM

I'm eating a delicious sirloin steak that I cooked rare in worchestire sauce with a KC Masterpiece meat rub. It is god damn fantastic.

seriously, like, all parts of this is fat

and all bones

this is awesome

Colonel Flagg May 23rd, 2016 10:12 AM

Mint M&M's

WhiteRat Apr 28th, 2017 07:24 PM

seriously, like, no part of this is fat

and no bones

this is awesome