I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 23rd, 2010 06:04 PM

I wanted to try the Mahi-Mahi but everyone else was getting something small and I didn't want to look like jerk. I got a Kobe Burger there and it was one of the worst burgers I've ever had. Drastically different from the 1st Kobe burger a few weeks prior.

Pentegarn Jan 23rd, 2010 06:08 PM

Yes, you dodged a bullet on the Mahi-Mahi, while it wasn't horrible, it was comparatively unpleasant to other times I have had Mahi-Mahi. There are these fried buffalo chicken triangles they have though that are freaking awesome

Kitsa Jan 24th, 2010 12:29 AM

The sweet corn tamale cakes are pretty easy to reproduce at home, especially if you can find the ChiChi's brand corn cake mix (the kind that's basically cornbread with a can of creamed corn stirred in). Just make that in a casserole dish, scoop out 3 generous spoonfuls, and top with chopped avacado, salsa and sour cream. I guess you could add some of that drizzle "sauce", too, which I suspect is just sour cream, bbq sauce and tabasco mixed together.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 25th, 2010 11:38 AM

I miss me some chi-chi's. We used to have one but they closed.

Kitsa Jan 25th, 2010 05:59 PM

I think the green onion scare did them in.

I'm glad they kept the salsa brand going. The gold-lid Medium is my favorite.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 25th, 2010 06:02 PM

I think there are still chi-chi's some places....like in Nashville.

Kitsa Jan 25th, 2010 06:43 PM

All the ones I've seen in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio closed.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 25th, 2010 06:45 PM

There might be one in DC or Philly but I can't say for sure.

Pentegarn Jan 26th, 2010 10:01 AM

The Colonel can confirm or deny if any are in Philly. We need s DC resident for the ones there though. Someone get the president to make an i-mockery forums account so he can tell us and I can assume he is a spambot :P

Dimnos Jan 26th, 2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

It (chi-chi's) ceased to exist within the United States following a 2003 Hepatitis A outbreak that began at one of its locations in suburban Pittsburgh.
:(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 26th, 2010 10:50 AM

Awwwwwwwww. :(

Looks like we're going to Belgium then.

Fathom Zero Jan 26th, 2010 11:44 AM

And I don't believe there ever were any in D.C. I was a resident of three years.

Pentegarn Jan 26th, 2010 02:26 PM

Dimnos is right. I forgot about the hep c. It happened pretty soon after the green onion thing and that one-two punch was a knockout combo to Chi-chi's

Womti Feb 4th, 2010 10:02 AM

I'm not eating anything right now... I'm just really not in the mood for candy or beef jerky, which is what I've been eating the past few days :\

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 4th, 2010 05:56 PM

I made some bomb chili last night and will eat more of it upon arriving at my residence.

KatiesGoldenDust Feb 4th, 2010 08:37 PM

I am currently consuming Blue Gatorade, and some Fritos and a pear. Wishing I had some vodka to add to my Gatorade, though..

Mockery Feb 4th, 2010 09:27 PM

Crunchy Fish Sticks from Whole Foods :O

robo_rob Feb 4th, 2010 10:08 PM

tostitos and salsa

Womti Feb 5th, 2010 09:17 AM

I just had Honeycombs for breakfast this morning, which, even though they get soggy really fast are my favorite cereal. I've been eating honeycombs since I was about 6 or 7.

Pentegarn Feb 5th, 2010 09:42 AM

Well that cereal is big. Yeah yeah yeah

MarioRPG Feb 5th, 2010 01:35 PM

I'm eating an awesome grill cheese sandwhich.
Is there a way to improve a grill cheese? Ie adding bacon?

Womti Feb 5th, 2010 01:45 PM

try adding some jalapeno peppers.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 5th, 2010 02:04 PM

Try adding some Monterey Jack.

Che che che che cheeeeeeeeese

robo_rob Feb 5th, 2010 02:20 PM

some reduced fat cheez-it's. trying to curb my junk food a little and these aint too bad.

kahljorn Feb 5th, 2010 10:04 PM

i like to make melts :( basically put any of sandwich meat onn it and whatever type of veggies and maybe bacon if you like. You can also use sourdough bread ;o

I just had GOREN cURRY with SCRUMP.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=golden%20curry&oq=&um=1&i e=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
that stuff :O Really good if you just want something quick that tastes like curry. It's like a few dollars for a box but it makes a ton of food. I used scrump, potatoes, bellpeppers, garbanzo beans and some cabage :O with brown rice. the "hot" one is kinda gross from what i remember though because it tastes like they added a bunch of chilli oil but i dunno. I think we usually get mild or medium hot

Womti Feb 6th, 2010 09:19 AM

I had crackerjack last night, and I just had some granola for breakfast this morning.

Kitsa Feb 6th, 2010 12:42 PM

I just had a peanut butter and banana sandwich on wheat, and a navel orange. It's the most food I've managed at once in a long time.

Oh, and a cherry 7-up.

KatiesGoldenDust Feb 6th, 2010 07:46 PM

I'm at work right now, so I have to make do with frozen yogurt. But I also have a Chai Tea Latte from Coffee Bean to hold me over. Yum!

executioneer Feb 14th, 2010 08:09 PM

tallegio cheese on some la panette bread rounds. good, but not estrella family farms good :(

executioneer Feb 26th, 2010 12:30 AM

i had some california rolls with tiny orange smelt eggs on them, it was like they were covered in tangy salty pop rocks. but in a good way!

KatiesGoldenDust Feb 27th, 2010 12:41 AM

Right now, all I'm "eating" is some blueberry vodka and 7 up. Yum!

executioneer Feb 27th, 2010 03:49 AM

a dried persimmon, kind of yucky but thats what i get for impulse-grabbing something unidentified from an azn market

the mochi were good though

captain516 Feb 27th, 2010 02:49 PM

Sandwich with Pastram, cheese, mustard and pickle chips.
Goddamn I love Pickle Chips.

Kitsa Feb 27th, 2010 03:07 PM

Willie: There's a Mochi Death Toll on the japanese news around new year's. A lot of people choke to death on them, especially old people.

As for me, I am enjoying yummy yummy hamantaschen.

They're like soft butter cookies filled with jelly. I made blackberry, cherry and apricot.

Fathom Zero May 10th, 2010 05:45 PM

Pizza. Mushrooms and Chicken. Finished it.

captain_eig Jun 5th, 2010 07:33 PM

Just had a barbeque, so sausage and burgers.

Fathom Zero Jun 18th, 2010 02:02 PM

Turkey and Ham on potato bread, w/ spinach and tomato. Toasted.

Esuohlim Jun 18th, 2010 02:34 PM

TUNA SALA DSANDWICH

KatiesGoldenDust Jun 18th, 2010 11:26 PM

Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream and an Arrogant Bastard.

Kitsa Jun 19th, 2010 09:42 PM

pizza and a coke zero. And earlier today, "trash" ice cream, which is my favorite.

Esuohlim Jun 20th, 2010 01:32 AM

I miss the days when Terra would post in this thread because it was always something like "LETTUCE SANDWICH WITH FAT FREE RANCH SUBSTITUTE" or "A SINGLE TRISCUIT"

Sam Jun 20th, 2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 689740)
I miss the days when Terra would post in this thread because it was always something like "LETTUCE SANDWICH WITH FAT FREE RANCH SUBSTITUTE" or "A SINGLE TRISCUIT"

A CUP OF NON-FAT ICE CUBES.

Kitsa Jun 20th, 2010 03:12 PM

I'm poking through the box of Australian/Tasmanian stuff Zhukov sent. The apple chocolate bar was way better than I thought it would be. He also sent a beverage which is sort of partway between 7-up/Lilt and Ginger beer.

Colonel Flagg Jun 20th, 2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 689740)

Fuck that. And I mean it.

Barbeque steaks, brats and burgers. RED MEAT RULES!

So what if I die early from cholesterol poisoning. At least I die happy. :)

Pentegarn Jun 20th, 2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 689783)
Fuck that. And I mean it.

Barbeque steaks, brats and burgers. RED MEAT RULES!

So what if I die early from cholesterol poisoning. At least I die happy. :)

Besides, the years you are knocking off your life are adult diaper / drool on yourself / forget your kids names / nursing home years. You really want to hold onto those?

The Leader Jun 20th, 2010 10:12 PM

Unless bad diet/complications from bad diet induces all that stuff decades early. :O

darkvare Jun 20th, 2010 10:44 PM

i'm eating cajeta cake fucking delicious

Kitsa Jun 29th, 2010 06:29 PM

had tamales at cheesecake factory for lunch and the damn msg gave me heart palpitations :(

fwiw...dump cornflakes into melted chocolate, stir to coat, plop in piles on waxed paper and let cool. Omigodgood.

captain516 Jun 29th, 2010 09:08 PM

The restaurant of the hotel Im staying at has something called a "suprema". Turned out to be chicken cordon blue.

darkvare Jun 29th, 2010 10:07 PM

where in the world are you captain?

Zhukov Jun 29th, 2010 10:43 PM

He's not going to tell you where he is, you have to work out what country by following the clues and solving puzzles.

I'm about to head off and eat some nasi goring. Or Nazi Goering as it's often referred to as.

Babs Jun 30th, 2010 02:39 AM

homemade eggrolls

EDIT:

Dimnos Jun 30th, 2010 10:50 AM

popcorn with hot salt. Breakfast of champions. :yum

The Leader Jun 30th, 2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 690655)
He's not going to tell you where he is, you have to work out what country by following the clues and solving puzzles.

He's in Argentina.

Zhukov Jun 30th, 2010 11:42 AM

How is he going to learn Maths and History if you give it away? >:

The Leader Jun 30th, 2010 12:46 PM

Math sucks. >:

darkvare Jun 30th, 2010 07:20 PM

i used thosse carmen sandiego games to learn english :P

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2010 07:22 PM

And you demonstrate it so well!

Tadao Jun 30th, 2010 07:27 PM

HAH!

Zhukov Jul 5th, 2010 08:28 AM

Well I think Darkvare's English is pretty damn good.

I just ate a pistachio dukkah yellowfin over mash and asparagus with saffron sauce. It was lovely, and I was going to take a photo of it, but I forgot until the last minute.

I did take a photo at the last minute though. :\

Wiffles Jul 5th, 2010 09:12 AM

nice. even the crumbs look delicious =P

Zhukov Jul 5th, 2010 09:25 AM

Oh, and don't worry I finished the last piece of fish.

Kitsa Jul 5th, 2010 03:19 PM

chicken salad with low-fat mayo and sliced red grapes on "extra protein" wholegrain bread, with carrots and celery sticks on the side. Also a garlic pickle spear.

Kitsa Jul 8th, 2010 09:33 PM

I tried kale tonight, with the best of intentions. Puh-TOOEY.

I did just as the book instructed, sauteed it in garlic-infused olive oil with flakes of dried red pepper. I could barely get it down. It was like cooked curly parsley-garnish, and oily.

If I ever cook it again, which I guess I have to because I have a big bunch of it in the fridge, I'm going to definitely shred it into tiny pieces, and almost no oil. I might even look at pureeing it and using it like pesto.

Gah. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

My dinner was good otherwise...nice vegetarian "chick'n" sandwich on wholegrain with guacamole and roasted red peppers.

kahljorn Jul 8th, 2010 11:54 PM

maybe you should try making it in a stew instead :( i made soemthing with chard today in a stew and it tasted pretty good.

Zhukov Jul 9th, 2010 08:42 AM

I like kale, and it grows really well down here. You must have got some bad stuff. :\

Kitsa Jul 9th, 2010 08:56 AM

I know it's supposed to be some of the healthiest stuff ever, which is why I wanted to give it a try. I sauteed it for a long time, and it never lost its chewy/stringiness. Is it supposed to be stripped from the center vein of the leaf before you cook it?

I liked the taste of the kale itself...sort of spicy...but the oiliness from the saute and the fact that I was chewing a large, oily cud of something just made me gag.

How do you cook yours, zhukov?

Zhukov Jul 9th, 2010 09:08 AM

I like it in cold salads, or steamed and served next to mash.

kahljorn Jul 10th, 2010 03:48 AM

i saw a kale recipe in a vegan book and they mixed it with cabbage to make cole slaw :O i guess you could call it kale slaw :(

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 08:47 PM

hm, guess I'll have to try it.

I'm cooking another Morningstar Farms "grilled chick'n" patty (they're not bad actually) in teriyaki sauce with a couple of pineapple slices.

Fathom Zero Jul 12th, 2010 06:12 PM

I BOUGHT FISH SAUCE AT JUNGLE JIM'S. THIS MOTHERFUCKER IS GONNA PUT IT TO GOOD USE. :yum

Zhukov Jul 13th, 2010 11:02 AM

Fish sauce is banned here. Serious. And every time you land at the airport they make you hand over any fish sauce you might be carrying.

Anyway, I had pepper chicken hot pot and it was god damn delish.

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2010 11:51 AM

That's retarded. Is there a reason for that, like did someone have an allergic reaction 25 years ago and now no one can have it, or do you have absolutely no idea? Hah.

Strange, because between China's and Japan's sections, there were at least fifty different bottles of the stuff. YOU'D THINK IT WAS POPULAR OR SUMTHIN', SHEESH

Zhukov Jul 13th, 2010 10:57 PM

Quarantine, son. All that Chinese fish sauce could get tipped into a river somewhere and contaminate the delicate ecosystem of fishes we have or something.

I suppose banned may (or may not) be a slightly loaded term to use; it's not as if we have gangs of men armed with axes destroying crates of fish sauce found at the wharf hidden under boxes of mince pies. But you can't get any in shops and They DO hassle you at the airport for it. It's on the prohibited list, let's leave it at that.

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2010 11:00 PM

BAH FUCK QUARNATINE. That movie sucks.

One could make their own fish sauce I suppose.

Dr. Boogie Jul 15th, 2010 12:29 AM

Finished a pepperoni Tombstone pizza. They finally had them on sale, so I bought a whole bunch.

Life is good.

Mockery Jul 15th, 2010 02:10 AM

Mmmm... haven't had a Tombstone pizza in years. Only ones I ever seem to get are the four-cheese / five-cheese Red Baron ones. Good stuff.

Tadao Jul 15th, 2010 03:05 AM

I'm like the only person in the world that doesn't like Red Baron.

Sam Jul 15th, 2010 03:42 AM

Snoopy doesn't like the Red Baron either.

Dr. Boogie Jul 15th, 2010 05:46 AM

I don't really care for Red Baron pizzas. I had a couple years ago. They were so lousy I had to check to make sure I didn't accidentally leave the cardboard circle on them when they were cooking.

Pentegarn Jul 15th, 2010 06:44 AM

I only like the french bread pizza from the Red Baron brand. Hate those little round ones they make though

kahljorn Jul 15th, 2010 07:50 PM

CRISP AND TASTY ALL UP IN THIS BITCH

although they recently made them all tiny :(

Kitsa Jul 15th, 2010 09:18 PM

back in the day, Mr. Kitsa had a brief temp job at an unnamed frozen pizza facility. All day, he shoveled pepperoni into a hopper. A few hours into the shift, he noticed that the fingertip of his latex glove was missing, and he immediately worried that it was being made into a pizza. When he talked to his coworkers, they said not to worry, that it happened all the time.

I can't eat a frozen pizza now without watching out for glove pieces :(

Pentegarn Jul 16th, 2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 692190)
CRISP AND TASTY ALL UP IN THIS BITCH

IT'S JUST THERE IN THE AIR

zeldasbiggestfan Jul 19th, 2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 692093)
Mmmm... haven't had a Tombstone pizza in years. Only ones I ever seem to get are the four-cheese / five-cheese Red Baron ones. Good stuff.

I found a long ass red hair baked into one awhile back. Called and complained and got 8 bucks. Still really nasty though.

Kitsa Jul 21st, 2010 05:45 PM

2 kitsaburgers (morningstar farms black bean burgers, cheddar cheese, guacamole and roasted red pepper on whole wheat flatbread bun), blue corn tortilla chips and more guacamole.

God I love this guacamole. I'm supposed to be allergic to avocados and bananas because I'm allergic to latex, but haven't had a problem yet.

MLE Jul 21st, 2010 09:05 PM

Apple juice juice box

Tadao Jul 21st, 2010 11:04 PM

Your moms juice box

Fathom Zero Jul 21st, 2010 11:50 PM

This. I ate it. About 75% of a regulation-sized football made out of chili, cheese, beans, onions, and spaghetti.

AKA, the large Skyline 5-Way. And it's always the most amazing thing ever.

Esuohlim Jul 22nd, 2010 01:44 AM

:faint

Fathom Zero Jul 22nd, 2010 02:18 AM

In case people don't know how big my hands are, I can palm a basketball. That plate was massive. :eek

Kitsa Jul 22nd, 2010 10:41 AM

ugh.

in my opinion, skyline is so fucking nasty. And it's not because of the cinnamon in the chili. I can respect cinnamon-spiced meats. I think a lot of it has to do with that alien-cow neon yellow cheese.

We drove past skyline on our way to Steak n Shake last night (late night milkshake run) and the only cars there were the workers.

Zhukov Jul 22nd, 2010 11:05 AM

I could eat two of those :picklehat

But I think you have too much cheese there.

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2010 11:16 AM

What... the... fuck... have you sick bastards done to that poor chili? :shocked

P.S. ~ THERE IS NEVER TO MUCH CHEESE! >:

P.P.S. ~ Only if there is to much ricotta in a calzone can "to much cheese" even be considered.

MLE Jul 22nd, 2010 12:14 PM

I'm eating a pretty bento with pink rice!

Fathom Zero Jul 22nd, 2010 04:17 PM

Go eat a dick, Kitsa. This cheese is fantastic. And you forgot about the chocolate. No one eats better than the Greeks.

Kitsa Jul 22nd, 2010 04:27 PM

If you can end your Skyline evening without a postprandial visit to the toilet, more power to you.

Fathom Zero Jul 22nd, 2010 05:23 PM

My digestive system is... different than most people's. I don't get that trouble. :D

MLE Jul 22nd, 2010 05:28 PM

I think Kitsa might have some digestive problems with eating a dick, Fathom. It sounds like you're more up to the task, though!

Fathom Zero Jul 22nd, 2010 05:34 PM

Hey, I'm not disputing the fact that cocks are delicious. If anyone knows that, it's this guy.