I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2010 03:13 AM

My mum's got the same problem. She can't eat Jolly Ranchers, either. Her teeth are too weak from being irradiated.

Kitsa Sep 29th, 2010 03:14 AM

jolly ranchers suck anyway

I always get the half-melted ones that have plastic embedded in them.

Fathom Zero Sep 29th, 2010 04:28 AM

you haven't had the pink lemonade, then

Kitsa Sep 29th, 2010 05:24 AM

I hate the hell out of green apple flavor and I think the first jolly rancher I ever got was green apple, so I automatically hated jolly ranchers.

I've had the pink lemonade, and as far as I can tell it's the best of what they have to offer.

The Doctor Sep 29th, 2010 05:48 AM

Tropical Jolly Ranchers are good, except for the pineapple one.

Shadowdancer21b Sep 29th, 2010 11:35 PM

Rolled Gold pretzel sticks. The perennial classic.

MLE Sep 30th, 2010 04:15 AM

Raisins and fantastic well water. Fuck that city water bullshit.

Zhukov Sep 30th, 2010 08:19 AM

Fluoride!

In other news I am reading a translation of the classical Chinese story of MONKEY MAGIC.

Kitsa Sep 30th, 2010 02:12 PM

I am making apple cider slush and it should be ready and delicious momentarily.

If you dump the apple cider directly into an ice-cream maker, it doesn't get diluted with ice. :themoreyouknow

Colonel Flagg Oct 1st, 2010 05:01 PM

Nothing and it effing SUCKS!

I wanna eat, Godammit. >:

Kitsa Oct 3rd, 2010 12:10 AM

We went out for a friend's relative's birthday and it happened to be the local high schools' homecoming weekend, so everywhere was crazypacked with kids dressed in their mall finery. It was just a sea of updos, carnations and body glitter, and the girls were so preoccupied with showing off their little dresses that no one wore a coat in the 50F rain. We left one restaurant because there was a 70 minute wait and ended up at another where there was an hour and a half wait :(

I had a buffalo chicken sandwich and some sweet potato fries. I'm still hungry :/

MLE Oct 3rd, 2010 01:23 AM

I LOVE SWEET POTATO FRIES.

Shadowdancer21b Oct 3rd, 2010 02:20 PM

Mulitgrain Ritz and peanut butter M&Ms.

Kitsa Oct 10th, 2010 08:07 PM

PF Chang's, with disastrous results.

Tasted good on the intake, though.

Zhukov Oct 11th, 2010 03:44 AM

The intake is all that matters.

I found some new (for me) "soda" flavours by a US company Jones Soda. I tried Bubblegum and something-or-other Berry, and they were both really, really yummy. You could really taste the quality, which was the first thing that popped into my head when I tried them.

executioneer Oct 11th, 2010 05:07 AM

i like their berry lemonade and strawberry-lime flavors :(

Kitsa Oct 11th, 2010 08:21 AM

I love their fufu berry.

Zhukov Oct 11th, 2010 08:34 AM

Yeah, that's the one I had. They are also very colourful, which appeals to me.

Shadowdancer21b Oct 11th, 2010 01:03 PM

Jones cream soda is my favorite, There are some fun articles about Jones' novelty soda flavors on the site. I think they're fun at least.

The Doctor Oct 11th, 2010 08:13 PM

Apple pie filling, were making apple fritters and pie mmmmmm.

Kitsa Oct 12th, 2010 06:36 PM

Wild rice soup with homemade buttermilk biscuits (the biscuit kind, not the cookie kind).

MarioRPG Oct 12th, 2010 08:18 PM

Drumstick

Shadowdancer21b Oct 12th, 2010 11:13 PM

Bag o' Nacho Cheese Doritos and a Butterfinger candy bar. Also had a Chick Fil-A sandwich for the first time in almost a year. Man, I miss those things.

ChrisGlass Oct 18th, 2010 08:08 PM

Mini Oreos. I've been grabbing them lately at Target since they're only a buck.

The Doctor Oct 18th, 2010 10:42 PM

6" Turkey sub, and some yummy Gold Fish crackers.

Shadowdancer21b Oct 18th, 2010 10:55 PM

BK Buck Double with extra pickles. Washed it down with chai tea and some berry Skittles.

Kitsa Oct 24th, 2010 07:36 PM

MLE Oct 24th, 2010 09:37 PM

I should post photos of the nail art I've done for myself this year. They ended up really nice.

The Leader Oct 24th, 2010 09:39 PM

Do you eat your nails? :x

MLE Oct 24th, 2010 09:41 PM

I have a really nice scene on one of them of a starry sky with a full moon and some wispy clouds. There's a scraggly tree with sleeping bats in it, and a few bats are flying across the moon.

Zhukov Oct 24th, 2010 10:28 PM

^WRONG THREAD!!! WWONG THRE ah, not really :(

That's a cool bat Kitsa. Looks a bit smug for his own good I think.

Kitsa Oct 25th, 2010 08:56 AM

Thanks. I made ghosts, too.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 02:53 PM

:O

My mum used to make cookies like that on Halloween. I hope I can get some of her cookie cutters sometime.

Kitsa Oct 25th, 2010 03:02 PM

These were some 29-cent wilton cutters I got at Foy's. Because I do food art, I amassed a huge collection of cutters, but I came to hate all the metal ones because they rust so damned easily. I try to get as many plastic ones as possible now, and these are really nice to use.

I make the sugar cookie icing of powdered sugar and 1% milk, and it works great.

Fathom Zero Oct 25th, 2010 04:50 PM

My mum's got a ton of copper ones that used to be at some long gone great great great grandparent's bakery. They're really cool. No rust on 'em, either.

mischief Oct 28th, 2010 05:44 PM

Slightly deformed snickerdoodles and coffee

Kitsa those cookies look delightful

Aries Oct 28th, 2010 10:39 PM

Just had some crackers and cheese. And lots of wine. I love art gallery openings.

MLE Oct 28th, 2010 11:35 PM

Wheat Thins

Guitar Woman Oct 29th, 2010 01:40 AM

Kratom, beer, bananas, and probably a billion cups of coffee.

Fathom Zero Oct 29th, 2010 04:06 AM

Toasted Ham & Cheese on white. Plain as plain.

captain516 Nov 2nd, 2010 09:52 PM

Méxican coké. Glass bottles, fuck yeah

Ex Leper Nov 2nd, 2010 11:27 PM

Pretzels

Zhukov Nov 4th, 2010 08:03 AM

MSG free chips in BBQ flavour. I didn't know it existed, but it does, and they were good.

Also this:

MarioRPG Nov 4th, 2010 08:58 AM

A big ol bowl a shreddies

GrindhouseCinema Nov 4th, 2010 03:41 PM

I'm currently eating two Holidays at once! Christmas Tree Cakes and Halloween Flavored Milk! Well... I guess technically, I'm eating one Holiday and drinking another. Regardless... I love the time of year when Halloween turns into Christmas and you can sort of enjoy them both without looking completely psychotic like when I put Halloween decorations out on Christmas Eve...

Kitsa Nov 4th, 2010 04:20 PM

I just landed a temp gig as a chocolate taste tester, which (this side of having children) is pretty much the best fucking thing that ever happened to me ever.

MLE Nov 4th, 2010 04:21 PM

:O

Esuohlim Nov 4th, 2010 04:47 PM

Man those dvds look delicious

executioneer Nov 4th, 2010 07:01 PM

i disagree, i see wild hogs in there. that alone will ruin the flavour

MLE Nov 4th, 2010 07:21 PM

I just went to our local (very good) 24-hour diner. I got a cheeseburger deluxe with mozzarella on the fries, diet coke with cherry juice in it, and for dessert had a macaroon, but not one of those coconut macaroons. It was more like marzipan rolled in honey and slivered almonds, curved in a horseshoe shape, and baked.

MLE Nov 4th, 2010 07:30 PM

It was so goddamn good.

replicant Nov 4th, 2010 08:55 PM

Tom Yum Gai and Drunken Noodles (i.e. Thai) mmmm!

kahljorn Nov 5th, 2010 07:23 AM

ive been wanting to try drunken noodles are those good?

IM AFRAID OF NEW THINGS

Kitsa Nov 5th, 2010 05:20 PM

Finished my first assignment as a chocolate taste-tester and it was fucking AWESOME.

It's Friday, so I baked challah this morning and stuck a roast in the crock pot with red wine, garlic, carrots and potatoes. The house smells great.

I'm liking this particular challah recipe because it doesn't have to be kneaded. It's also great bread because you just pull off a chunk and it's like a dinner roll...you don't have to slice it and deal with the crumbs.

Fathom Zero Nov 5th, 2010 05:24 PM

Sesame chicken

replicant Nov 6th, 2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 703015)
ive been wanting to try drunken noodles are those good?

IM AFRAID OF NEW THINGS

Well, I like drunken noodles but you might want to be sure how spicy you want them. I get mild. I am just not a hot foods person and I know it goes against Thai food. However, even the mild has a bit of spicyness.

I don't know how the restaurant near you makes it but I got the chicken kind. Here's the description of the dish: "Fresh thick rice noodles stir-fried with fresh chili pepper, onion, red & green peppers basil leaves, and your choice of beef, pork, or chicken"

If you are a Thai newb, get mild and work yourself up. I would advise against green curries unless you want a shock to your mouth. My husband loves green curries.

I recommend Pad Thai - very basic and not hot at all. Drunken noodles are great but get mild so you can judge the heat of the restaurant's dishes.

Never order ped ped or Thai hot because that means make it hot and some restaurants go overboard.

Here's a picture if you are curious (I am one of those silly people that snap their food):

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2010 02:55 PM

Looks beautiful.

Kitsa Nov 6th, 2010 02:58 PM

My god, I almost puked in a chinese restaurant today.

They're hazardous when you are allergic to shellfish because you never know what's going to have crab or shrimp in it. The buffet is dangerous because people drop stuff that has seafood into other stuff, so I try to order off the menu if I have to go to a chinese place. Even then it's not a given that you'll be safe.

Anyway, I ordered a healthy dish off the menu and the waitress was all "OK YOU WANT CHICKEN, CHICKEN YES" and I was even pointing to the fucking chinese on the menu by what I wanted, and she kept shaking her head and going to the back of the menu where it said WHITE MEAT CHICKEN LUNCH. Finally I figured she must be saying it's the same thing as the grilled chicken and veggies I wanted, so I nodded yes, fine.

Then she was all "FRY RICE WHITE RICE OKAY", so I told her white rice. She came back with the biggest fucking plate of hideous deep-fried chicken fat chunks I have ever seen. The oil smelled rancid. It was accompanied by a greasy pile of pork fried rice and there was some crab rangoon balanced on top of it all.

When I tried to tell them it wasn't what I wanted, they said "OK YOU HAPPY ENJOY" and then went off and fought with each other by the buffet.

I learned my lesson, after trying to eat that greasy pile of shit. From now on, just going to take my chances with the buffet.

Fathom Zero Nov 6th, 2010 03:21 PM

I would've left. And it's been a while since I've eaten at a legit Chinese joint. All the stuff they make around here comes out of boxes or jugs and reheated. Ironically, some of the best Chinese food I've eaten has come from podunk Lawton, Oklahoma in a place that was probably more Korean than anything else.

Honestly, since I've been able to make fried rice and teriyaki meats at home, I haven't been back.

My fave is sukiyaki. And I put some oyster sauce in my rice, but it tastes good without, Kitsa.

kahljorn Nov 8th, 2010 12:07 AM

i get thai food all the time but i usually just get green or yellow curry and pad thai, cause im afraid to try anything else. though one time i got this crazy seafood soup thing :O

drunken noodles look alllriiiiiggghhhttt...

replicant Nov 8th, 2010 01:12 AM

If I can help it, I won't eat at any Chinese takeaways. Cheap cuts of meat, lots of oil, lots of sugar. It's just gross. I would rather eat at P.F. Changs and yeah I know it isn't a true Chinese restaurant but rather Fusion but at least you get better cuts of meat and more veggies. Hopefully there are some Chinese restaurants elsewhere that are doing it up right for the others.

I like Korean Bulgogi. I can eat Kimchi. There are only 2 Korean restaurants in my city and they are ok. I make my own bulgogi. I am hopefully going to start making my own Kimchi because the stuff in the jar just sits too long and gets sour. I don't really sour Kimchi. I like it fresh.

executioneer Nov 8th, 2010 01:26 AM

homemade rosemary and cheese sourdough english muffin

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2010 01:37 AM

I made scones with raspberry jam the other day. Tres fantastique.

Tadao Nov 8th, 2010 03:37 AM

Most people don't know what fresh meat tastes like. I'm sure P.F. Changs serves you top notch meat. :rolleyes

MarioRPG Nov 8th, 2010 12:29 PM

I'm eating bagel bites with buffalo sauce on it.

Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Nov 8th, 2010 12:43 PM

cold pizza and old beer = breakfast of not champions

ChrisGlass Nov 8th, 2010 10:10 PM

Teddy Grahams! Honey!

Kitsa Nov 9th, 2010 08:24 AM

abuelita hot chocolate and about to get my english muffin out of the toaster.

captain516 Nov 10th, 2010 12:13 AM

I've been trying to eat veterinarian for a while now, so I made bean burritos. They're really good.

replicant Nov 10th, 2010 01:08 AM

Kitsa Nov 10th, 2010 08:22 AM

Went to a mexican restaurant yesterday and they had VELVEETA in the cheese enchiladas. :(

elx Nov 10th, 2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 703527)
I've been trying to eat veterinarian for a while now, so I made bean burritos. They're really good.

i imagine beans would go real well with those latex gloves

Esuohlim Nov 11th, 2010 02:08 PM

Raisin Bran Crunch and my raisins taste like soap >:

Zhukov Nov 12th, 2010 09:24 AM

I found a drink ("soda") that's supposed to be sarsaparilla, but instead tastes like bitumen. Very strange, and not all bad.

Esuohlim Nov 16th, 2010 03:17 PM

I went from hating hummus less than a month ago to eating it almost every day. :eek

It's replaced salad dressed for me

Kitsa Nov 21st, 2010 08:43 PM

Mr Kitsa found a scary new "Helper Complete dinner" that calls itself Cheesy Taco, includes rice for some reason, and contains a can of what I think is vomit. There are beef chunks in the vomit. I'm afraid.

I put it in the oven...we'll see how this goes.

Kitsa Nov 21st, 2010 09:24 PM

Cheesy taco?

Cheesy taco ?!?!?

MLE Nov 21st, 2010 11:05 PM

Ew. At least I had the sense to have something normal like chocolate milk.

Kitsa Nov 21st, 2010 11:17 PM

We dumped it. It was inedible.

Zhukov Nov 22nd, 2010 08:40 AM

That looks like it has enough MSG to make my head melt.

Pentegarn Nov 22nd, 2010 06:48 PM

It looks like really shitty gumbo to me

Shadowdancer21b Nov 22nd, 2010 08:26 PM

Buffalo chicken sub with cucumbers and mayo. Oh, yeah.

dunn8392 Nov 25th, 2010 10:30 AM

Campbell's chicken and stars. So easy.

Kitsa Nov 25th, 2010 10:52 AM

I had a Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffin with some extra-strong coffee for breakfast. I was up late doing all the prep work for Thanksgiving so I could just shove the majority of it in the oven today. Last night I:

- cleaned, dressed and prepped the turkey (including chopping the mountain of mirepoix)

- roasted chestnuts, chopped them, and made an experimental new chestnut stuffing recipe (smelled good when I added the herbs to the butter...we'll see)

-stewed my special-recipe cranberry chutney on the stove for about 8 hours and continually added liquor to it...

-made yam casserole (whipped yams with a crumble crust of brown sugar and pecans)

-baked and cooled two pumpkin pies

So today all I have to worry about is the mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, and peas.

Fathom Zero Nov 25th, 2010 11:41 AM

CRANBERRY CHUTNEY OMG SEND ME SOME

Kitsa Nov 25th, 2010 11:43 AM

I can tell you how to make it, but even the padded mailers have a bad habit of leaking :(

Fathom Zero Nov 25th, 2010 01:44 PM

Forward me the recipe prz

Kitsa Nov 25th, 2010 02:19 PM

pm'd you. Let me know if that was coherent enough.

Supafly345 Dec 2nd, 2010 04:35 AM

I cooked my first turkey. Just by following the instructions and shoving 6 cloves of garlic into its kiester, it was the most delicious turkey I've ever had.
Turkeys are incredibly easy to make taste good.

Tadao Dec 2nd, 2010 05:04 AM

A lot of first timers don't know that the gizzards are still in the turkey in a plastic bag.

kahljorn Dec 2nd, 2010 03:07 PM

turkey's pretty flavorful :O especially with giblets though

i made my turkey with garlic, butter, chives, parsley and sage and used a bit more sage this time than i usually do and it was so bomb :(

also last night i boiled the carcass and made turkey soup :)

Fathom Zero Dec 2nd, 2010 03:13 PM

I made some kickass gravy with the drippin's. Woo.

kahljorn Dec 2nd, 2010 03:16 PM

same :O

a few years ago i made this bomb turkey at my sister in laws and the pan was FULL of drippings but she threw it out and used fake gravy even though i prepared everything else already and i was gonna do the gravy too. Stupid bitch ;/ IM STILL ANGRY ABOUT IT :(
also when people got there she stood around in the kitchen like she did all of it :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 2nd, 2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer21b (Post 704937)
Buffalo chicken sub with cucumbers and mayo. BLEU CHEESE Oh, yeah.

FIXED DA INGREDANTS FO YOU.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 2nd, 2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 706147)
same :O

a few years ago i made this bomb turkey at my sister in laws and the pan was FULL of drippings but she threw it out and used fake gravy even though i prepared everything else already and i was gonna do the gravy too. Stupid bitch ;/ IM STILL ANGRY ABOUT IT :(
also when people got there she stood around in the kitchen like she did all of it :lol

HOW DARE SHE

kahljorn Dec 2nd, 2010 04:42 PM

SERIOUSLY WHAT A BITCH

executioneer Dec 2nd, 2010 04:58 PM

wtff did she stuff the turkey and then throw THAT away and just make some stove top based on the recipe

Fathom Zero Dec 2nd, 2010 05:15 PM

GRAVY NEEDS BLOOD

Tadao Dec 2nd, 2010 05:26 PM

I'm guessing she didn't know that you make gravy from the drippings.

kahljorn Dec 2nd, 2010 06:29 PM

no shes just a twat

a twat who hates real gravy

she cant handle it

Spoilers!