I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   video memory (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3732)

Les Waste Jun 2nd, 2003 09:02 PM

video memory

I need at least 5 MB (preferably more) more video memory on my computer, but I haven't had much luck finding it online. I've searched and only found one website that sold it, but it was really expensive and didn't seem too trustworthy.

Does anyone know a place I can buy more video memory online? And is there anything I need to know about it before I buy, i.e., are there different types or some shit like that?

:(

whoreable Jun 2nd, 2003 09:04 PM

you need to buy a new video card. cards with replaceable memory went out like 7 years ago. Even if you could find some it would cost mroe than a better video card.

MrAdventure Jun 2nd, 2003 09:10 PM

WHATA RE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLI(SH BOBO? :rolleyes

no, really i want to know dude

ps. whoreable is right on the money

:rapaward

Les Waste Jun 4th, 2003 05:31 PM

Crap. I thought I had to buy a new video card but I wasn't sure :(

Somebody just bought me that online Medal of Honor game and the expansion disc, but I need at least 16 MB of video memory to use the expansion and to play some of the levels. My computer only has 11 MB of video memory.

So now I need to now a good video card to get. Someone tell me what to do. :(

whoreable Jun 4th, 2003 05:38 PM

Find out what speed your system is and if you have an agp slot or just pci slots.

the white ones are pci
the brown one is agp
the black ones are isa

Cybernetico Jun 4th, 2003 06:15 PM

Hmm, I say you stick with AGP if possible.

Popular cards are;

geforce4, 64mb card goes for like, 90 bucks when I had gotten it about christmas

AGP Radeon 9000, which is ok as well also like 90 around christmas

But I use PCI so I dunno if Geforce4 has an AGP model out. Check the boxes really close! And be sure to check if your computer has the right slots.

That radeon was a birthday gift but my brother had to take it since he had AGP but I didnt, so I got another and he had to pay for that one. But I had to wait another month till my parents would take me out for another one

Les Waste Jun 6th, 2003 03:26 PM

How do I know which slots I have? Do I have to open my computer and just look? Is there really a difference between any of them?

whoreable Jun 6th, 2003 03:54 PM

you pretty much gotta open it up..unless you can find the exact model number or specs of your motherboard.

Agp cards are MUCH faster, but some older boards dont have the slot.

Les Waste Jun 10th, 2003 01:57 AM

I just bought a brand new, 64 MB Geforce4 PCI Video card off eBay for 60 bucks.

Hopefully, it won't suck.

whoreable Jun 10th, 2003 07:58 AM

should be ok. granted it might not be totally smooth, especially if it is a mx420.

Les Waste Jun 14th, 2003 02:18 PM

I got it in the mail yesterday and it works fucking great. GTA3 used to be all slow and choppy and like a cartoon with half of the frames missing. Now it goes almost too fast.

This Medal of Honor game is great too, although I need some more practice. I've never played a FPS using the keyboard and the mouse before. :(

whoreable Jun 14th, 2003 02:21 PM

keyboard and mouse is the ONLY way to go.

Nice to see it worked out. I guess I have become too picky cause I know a geforce4 mx would be too choppy for me. I am such a snob :(