I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Funny Man (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700651)

MockBot Sep 22nd, 2008 03:31 AM

Weekly Movie Review: Funny Man

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Funny Man.

Fat Ugly Drunk Sep 22nd, 2008 05:08 AM

I've never heard of this but I'm now compelled beyond rational thought to hunt it down and watch it... Argh!
Proto, check out Bloodbath at the House of Death if you haven't already. Vincent Price and the almighty Kenny Everett VS The Amityville and about a million Hammer Horror movies.

Roggs Sep 22nd, 2008 05:18 AM

Another film of the same ilk: Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.

Vampires are killing all the lesbians in Ottawa, and only the Son of God, with the help of a Mexican wrestling superstar, can save them.

Sounds great, huh? Impossible to fuck up a formula this promising, right? But no. No, no, NO. Everything bad in the world was born with this movie.

Hurude Sep 22nd, 2008 05:49 AM

I saw this film on a British satellite channel called zone horror a few weeks ago. what a stinker, I sat through about half an hour before I turned it off. I'm normally a fan of 'bad' horror movies but this one was a little to bad for me to take.

Fat Ugly Drunk Sep 22nd, 2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roggs (Post 580896)

Vampires are killing all the lesbians in Ottawa, and only the Son of God, with the help of a Mexican wrestling superstar, can save them.

Sounds great, huh? Impossible to fuck up a formula this promising, right? But no. No, no, NO. Everything bad in the world was born with this movie.

I've read this post three times and I'm just finding it hard to believe that such an awesome premise would be a bad movie.

Protoclown Sep 22nd, 2008 01:17 PM

I actually enjoyed Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. For me it was the right kind of bad.

blacksamster Sep 22nd, 2008 03:03 PM

Vampire Hunter has the best theme song! I watched the movie with some friends--I got a big kick out of it, my friends thought it was too bad even to mock. Each to their own!

neoboman Sep 23rd, 2008 05:05 AM

I couldn't even finish Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Absolutely terrible, and I love so bad it's good fare usually.

Nick Sep 24th, 2008 04:56 PM

Even the dvd cover screams suck.

meushy Sep 24th, 2008 06:48 PM

ROGGs
i thougth i was the only one who actually saw and enjoyed jesus christ vampire hunter ;P you should definetly check out hairy knuckles :) same guy with the same mexican wrestler ;)

testtube Sep 25th, 2008 03:48 AM

I remember reading about this in a Fangoria article back in the 90s. I remember the article being about how the guys who made this were first in a terrible punk band that got booed off the stage everywhere they played. The worst part was Fangoria trying to build this movie up like its a great indie horror classic just waiting for an audience. Never saw it and this is the second and last time in my life I will waste time thinking about it! Also, Fangoria was fucking classic in the 80s even up to the early 90s but FUCK THAT MAGAZINE seriously...

ScaryRedMonster Sep 26th, 2008 08:56 PM

Why can't the British learn English?

Pentegarn Sep 27th, 2008 08:54 AM

You should review Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter next Proto. Now I MUST know about it!

ISChris Sep 28th, 2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roggs

THATS A LIE!! JCVH was awesome.