I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Play nice? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19756)

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 17th, 2006 02:34 PM

Play nice?

It seems like the tone between the regular Mockers and our newer conservative friends has been getting a bit nasty in all of the threads. Could we maybe calm it down a bit, maybe use a little less profanity, and just debate the topics at hand?

That'd be super.

Thanks! :)

Womti Jan 17th, 2006 02:42 PM

I dont come to this forum much, but when I do I will try to make my posts nicer. :)

kahljorn Jan 17th, 2006 02:43 PM

Fine, i was just having fun but if you want a message forum without fun SO BE IT KEVIN YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR BUT HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE PHRASE BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR? HUH?

No but seriously, I'll stop cussing. The only reason I was cussing at the pharoh guy was because he was taking it so personally.

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 17th, 2006 02:44 PM

I don't mind cussing all together, but i think there's a fine line that we crosssed a while ago, fuckface.

And I was just targeting you, btw.

Cosmo Electrolux Jan 17th, 2006 02:48 PM

which thread specifically are you referreing to?

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 17th, 2006 02:51 PM

The gay adoption thread, as well as a couple of others.

There just seems to be a lot of angsty "NO, YOU CALM DOWN MOTHERFUCKER," and "LEFTISTS ARE SO FUCKING STUPID" sort of stuff going on, which is lame. :(

Cosmo Electrolux Jan 17th, 2006 02:53 PM

I've been lazy lately and haven't read most of the most recent threads. Thanks, Kevin :)

kahljorn Jan 17th, 2006 02:54 PM

"And I was just targeting you, btw."

I know you were, that's why I responded, cunt. You don't need to turn it into a cock fight, though, i already said I would stop. Why would you push the matter?
As if the guy wasn't acting just the ass back, and I was discussing the issues. Again, don't turn it into a cockfight for no reason.
So at what point did I "cross the line" so I can try to avoid "The line" in the "Future".

Ant10708 Jan 17th, 2006 02:58 PM

Can we add being a grammar whore onto the list of things that should not be done?

Cosmo Electrolux Jan 17th, 2006 03:00 PM

can I still be the Internet haiku Nazi?

AChimp Jan 17th, 2006 03:06 PM

Wouldn't it be better if we just banned everyone? :(

ziggytrix Jan 17th, 2006 03:32 PM

Why the fuck did the admins have to put an overeducated, politically correct, hypersensitive, registered Democrat in charge of this forum?

I wish you were still a vegetarian Kevin, cuz a veganism reference would have really fit well in that slander. :(

kahljorn Jan 17th, 2006 03:41 PM

Eh, kevin is like one of the longest posting most dedicated members to this forum so it makes sense-- he's just kind of a sap. Apparantly there's no newbie hazings or anything on this Forum, but I guess I can understand why to some degree. Wouldn't want people taking this forum as an excuse for their political views.

Dr. Boogie Jan 17th, 2006 04:01 PM

I'm personally against taking a more civilized tone in those threads. I mean, all the information (or lack thereof) is pretty much out there already, so there isn't much more to talk about except why it's not ok to hate people just for being gay.

kahljorn Jan 17th, 2006 04:27 PM

That's okay, I'm interested in taking a boring and vapid stance on issues today anyway. Who knows, maybe it will become a habit.

El Blanco Jan 17th, 2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
Wouldn't it be better if we just banned everyone? :(

I concur. Ban all the motherfuckers, starting with >BANNED<

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 18th, 2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn
"And I was just targeting you, btw."

I know you were, that's why I responded, cunt. You don't need to turn it into a cock fight, though, i already said I would stop. Why would you push the matter?
As if the guy wasn't acting just the ass back, and I was discussing the issues. Again, don't turn it into a cockfight for no reason.
So at what point did I "cross the line" so I can try to avoid "The line" in the "Future".

Thanks for being a team player! :)

Seven Force Jan 18th, 2006 04:52 PM

I personally like it the way it is now. I enjoy reading heated arguments and seeing everybody's emotions play into the debate, it seems more interesting that way. What fun would it be if everyone just sat back and just presented facts and go "well, there it is". Mind you, I don't want the topics to devolve into something GBS worthy (which is probably what you're trying to address in the OP), but don't make it fucking boring either.

mozz Jan 18th, 2006 04:55 PM

Vets hate noobs, its a fact!

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 18th, 2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven Force
I personally like it the way it is now. I enjoy reading heated arguments and seeing everybody's emotions play into the debate, it seems more interesting that way. What fun would it be if everyone just sat back and just presented facts and go "well, there it is". Mind you, I don't want the topics to devolve into something GBS worthy (which is probably what you're trying to address in the OP), but don't make it fucking boring either.

I agree with you, I just think you lose the debate when you start yelling on and on about grammar and masturbation habits (or "tossing").

Heated debates are fine, profanity is fine, but petulant whining with cuss words is not.

kahljorn Jan 18th, 2006 05:54 PM

When you posted this thread as a "target" to me none of that stuff was going on as far as I remember. So what's the real problem?

ziggytrix Jan 18th, 2006 06:02 PM

I'm pretty sure he posted this after I cussed out Pharoah for being fucking clueless about this website and for using the phrase "PC leftist bigots" or something like that. :(

kahljorn Jan 18th, 2006 06:08 PM

he posted it before our grammar and spelling police trade, though. I don't personally remember using masturbation insults, that's usually not my style... but who knows, IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE I COULD DO ANYTHING TO SURVIVE THE INTELLECTUAL TUNDRA.
Maybe I'm just taking it out of context because he "Targetted" me, though.

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 18th, 2006 06:58 PM

I wasn't targeting you. I typed it wrong.......I think you know that. :(

kahljorn Jan 18th, 2006 07:06 PM

That explains everything!