I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Your favorite booze (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701165)

darkvare Dec 4th, 2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 599154)
I admit that I do enjoy a Negra Modelo every now and then.

if you enjoy that you should really try this one the best dark beer modelo group makes
http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/im...0_5541.jpg&v=P

kahljorn Dec 4th, 2008 12:12 PM

Old English is stronger (or asstrongas) than steel reserve and tastes a bit better :(

ps i like drinkng mojitos a lot :( they are really good when you make them yourself, and very easy to make too.

Tadao Dec 4th, 2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 599785)
if you enjoy that you should really try this one the best dark beer modelo group makes
http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/im...0_5541.jpg&v=P

I shall look for it! Ty

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 4th, 2008 02:36 PM

I just found out they make coozies for 40 oz's. I need to get one by "National drink a Steel Reserve day". I still have a few months.

nothing4buddha Dec 4th, 2008 08:08 PM

<3 white russians but I'm a chick so what do I know?

Zomboid Dec 4th, 2008 08:15 PM

NOT A FUCKIN' THING!

Tadao Dec 4th, 2008 08:16 PM

Lol the H8ters are coming.

nothing4buddha Dec 4th, 2008 08:21 PM

awwe i'm crushed :< zomboid you don't love me anymore?

Big Papa Goat Dec 4th, 2008 09:04 PM

White Russians are for some reason way less gay than Black Russians. True story.
Also the best 40 oz is definitely one that I forget because I got too drunk from it. Or maybe Big Bear.

Kitsa Dec 4th, 2008 09:17 PM

You know what's great...

Raspberry schnapps and cranberry ginger ale.

Goes down like fruit punch.

I've always wanted to try a Dos Equis but never have. :/

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 4th, 2008 09:39 PM

A growler of Black Forest is good. Sometimes it tastes like tar but the good kinda tar.

Kybo Ren Dec 5th, 2008 08:05 AM

I roll with the double doctor:

it's liquid candycane- perfect time of the year

Kitsa Dec 5th, 2008 08:13 AM

heh. I like Dr. McGillicuddy's milkshakes (with vanilla ice cream)

Damn good and you have no idea how much alcohol you're having till it's too late.

MetalMilitia Dec 5th, 2008 09:32 AM

Brandon Dec 5th, 2008 03:37 PM

Always love a good Belgian abbey-style beer: a Chimay Grand Reserve or a Corsendonk or (if I can find it) a Westvleteren.

Spirits-wise, I prefer the old standards: gin and tonic, made with Hendrick's, or a Johnnie Walker Black.

Although, I always go nuts if I can find this somewhere:

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 5th, 2008 03:39 PM

I ran into someone drinkin hobgoblin a few weeks ago but they weren't helpful on telling me how the taste was or where they got it from? How is it?

Zomboid Dec 5th, 2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat (Post 599923)
Also the best 40 oz is definitely one that I forget because I got too drunk from it. Or maybe Big Bear.

Fucking sick. Some friends and I would drink Black Bulls in high school after our football games in some perverse way of mocking indians, and we'd get absolutely slammed, but they were so disgusting that I can't even LOOK at a 40 now.

MetalMilitia Dec 5th, 2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 600073)
I ran into someone drinkin hobgoblin a few weeks ago but they weren't helpful on telling me how the taste was or where they got it from? How is it?

It's petty strong (5.2%) and very flavourful. Just a really good dark ale.
It's made by a brewery that do a lot of nice stuff (Wichwood) but Hobgoblin is their best. The only thing to watch out for is that Hobgoblin on tap isn't the same as hobgoblin in a bottle - for a start it isn't as strong and it doesn't taste quite the same.

Try it if you get a chance though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 5th, 2008 04:56 PM

Thanks, I'll try and grab some in the bottle.

JediScum Dec 5th, 2008 05:17 PM

My fave booze used to be Haldol, I mean Miller High Life.It's different now though, at least locally. for the last 3 months or so, i would drink it and feel like like there was some kinda trace amounts of bathtub crank in it. (Meth).
I don't like meth and don't like feeling like i'm on meth.

Then again, i usually buy cans... Thinking "i could recycle this easier than i could glass" maybe the aluminum is giving me Alzheimer's.

But if any of you single ladies are interested, I wouldn't mind if ya came over with a truckload of the following: Moosehead, Saint Pauli Girl, Beck's, La Fin Du Monde, or Ommegang... or Ol' Nick.

Then we could have a lively debate (knockdown, drag - out fight) about why I abhor violence. Then we could fuck, i mean, try our best to imitate an old Harvey Korman/Tim Conway sketch from the Carol Burnet Show.

Then we could drink more and fuck, i mean, drink more and do a crossword puzzle... together.

This is going nowhere, right?

For beer, the above are faves.... i really don't drink hard liquor anymore... but when i did, Bacardi, Absolut and Jagermeister were top shelf for me.

Circumcized elves suck... and they're stupid.

WhiteRat Dec 6th, 2008 01:10 AM

High Life in cans definitely tastes like metal. I drink the shit all the time out of a bottle. It makes a huge difference.

Tadao Dec 6th, 2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 600074)
Fucking sick. Some friends and I would drink Black Bulls in high school after our football games in some perverse way of mocking indians, and we'd get absolutely slammed, but they were so disgusting that I can't even LOOK at a 40 now.

40s start to get really nasty towards the middle because they become warmer. Malt liquor is best in 22 ounces or not at all really.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 6th, 2008 02:29 PM

Growing up we didn't have wallpaper in my basement because my dad thought it was a better idea to have Miller High Life cans adorn the entire walls. They're still up, I'll try and get a picture.

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2008 09:19 PM

I have buttershots, whiskey, raspberry schnapps and peppermint schnapps.

And eggnog.

Which would mix best with eggnog? I'm assuming whiskey.

Colonel Flagg Dec 6th, 2008 09:32 PM

Rum, but whiskey should do.