I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3003)

Anonymous Apr 30th, 2003 10:46 PM

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Why hasn't anyone commented on this game yet? Normally, there's at least one thread on the board about the latest Castlevania game up at least a month before it's released.

Anyway, I haven't even heard much in the way of news about this one. What's the deal?

ItalianStereotype May 1st, 2003 12:28 AM

konami is starting to fuck with castlevania a bit much for my taste.

1. this castlevania is in the future, i know that it was an inevitability, but i still don't have to like it.

2. the main character isn't a Belmont and there is NO excuse for that at all.

3. they did away with sub-weapons, although i am a bit curious about this ability absorption idea...

Grazzt May 1st, 2003 12:30 AM

Megaman vs. Dracula

Anonymous May 1st, 2003 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
konami is starting to fuck with castlevania a bit much for my taste.

1. this castlevania is in the future, i know that it was an inevitability, but i still don't have to like it.

2. the main character isn't a Belmont and there is NO excuse for that at all.

3. they did away with sub-weapons, although i am a bit curious about this ability absorption idea...

I'll admit, the idea of it being set in the future is a bit troubling, but I'm still curious to see how that will pan out.

As for the character not being a Belmont, what about in Castlevania: Bloodlines? Neither of those two were Belmonts.

Zomboid May 1st, 2003 02:29 PM

[quote="Dr. Boogie"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
As for the character not being a Belmont, what about in Castlevania: Bloodlines? Neither of those two were Belmonts.

I said that last night. He said he liked it but that was before he was a "gaming perfectionist".

Anyway, the game itself looks alright but I get the feeling it won't have the classic style :(

timrpgland May 1st, 2003 02:59 PM

I'm looking forward to it. One of those that you'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

I still have faith.

pickleninja May 2nd, 2003 10:29 PM

As long as the character has a sword and neato stuff, I'm happy :)

I gots faith in the game.

mew barios May 3rd, 2003 09:19 AM

well. the rom was dumped either last nite or this morning. so i'll play it for a while and offer my thoughts. maybe. o.o

timrpgland May 3rd, 2003 12:34 PM

I didn't realize it was in my newest NP. It looks pretty damn cool and it came with a nice poster :)

Ninjavenom May 3rd, 2003 04:14 PM

Aria has indeed been dumped, and i'm playing it now. :D

timrpgland May 3rd, 2003 04:20 PM

I'll wait for the cart.

Ninjavenom May 3rd, 2003 07:25 PM

Very honorable, and i'd do the same, but i don't have a gba, or money to buy one, so it looks like i'm the cheap bastard route. It's an awesome game though, way better than the other two for gba. The soul collecting system is fun, and you'll use souls far more often than sub-weapons in SOTN, which may be a blessing for some and a curse for others. The graphics are totally sweet, and the animation is very well done. I'm fighting Death right now, and he is god damned hard, as always.

ItalianStereotype May 3rd, 2003 07:32 PM

death was easy as fuck in SotN. two crissaegrims and two rings of varda and i killed him in under 10 seconds.

Anonymous May 3rd, 2003 11:34 PM

The hell do you need two Crissaegrims for? Isn't one enough?

ItalianStereotype May 4th, 2003 12:56 AM

i like to alternate. most of the time i keep a crissaegrim and a mourneblade, but not for the bosses. hell, i killed galamoth somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 seconds with them.

Ninjavenom May 4th, 2003 01:56 AM

I got tired of the criss, so now it's Holy Sword and Combat Knife, baby.

ItalianStereotype May 5th, 2003 05:41 AM

i suppose the criss can get a bit old, but you should try the badelaire instead.

i think that is the right one...

Ninjavenom May 5th, 2003 02:30 PM

You had better be playing this fucking rom, wop. >:

ItalianStereotype May 6th, 2003 01:34 PM

i don't know if i want to now...a fucking 9 mm? are you serious?

Mockery May 6th, 2003 05:02 PM

Been playing this rom for a little while now, damned fun game so far... though I'm always finding I wish I could jump higher. Must find more items!

mew barios May 6th, 2003 08:25 PM

the 9mm is funny :( way too weak to use normally.

anyhow. i jus beat it. and i must say, this is the best cv since sotn. very fun to play around with. i meant to see what the 'fake' ending was but i accidently got the good ending. o.o whoops. ah well. i'll play it again in hard mode :O

ItalianStereotype May 7th, 2003 10:43 AM

what other futuristic bullshit did those heathens include?

timrpgland May 7th, 2003 12:24 PM

The cart's out so I'll have to find it.

Ninjavenom May 7th, 2003 02:25 PM

The only other really futuristic things i can think of are military-uniform zombies, hand grenades, and the character Hammer, who wears fatigues. The castle itself ages, but the monsters don't, so there's still a ton of old enemies, and some weird new ones, like a lion's head in a ring of fire that rolls around.

whoreable May 7th, 2003 02:28 PM

Damnit I want my flash cart so I can play it on my gba >: damn hong kong companies >: