I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   PEOPLE (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702677)

kahljorn Jul 30th, 2009 06:04 PM

PEOPLE

:goth

Do people honestly try to entice other people into murdering them?

this is a serious question. I don't know if its the economy fucking with people and making them do tons of drugs/stupid shit or what, but it just seems like every day there are more stupid, inconsiderate people; be it driving or just wandering around getting in the way. but especially with driving. I swear every time i go driving I almost die once. Inconsiderate, selfish, showboating fuckfaces really piss me off.
and these people who fucking walk in the road when oncoming traffic is coming, expecting everybody to stop for them. A WHOLE FAMILY DID THIS TODAY YOUD THINK THEY WERE DUCks OR SOMETHINg. WTF? ARE THEY FUCKING ROYALTY? ROYALTY IN FUCKING WIFEBEAtERS AND FLIPFLOPS.

Would I be ethically justified in murdering these people OR is it always wrong to murder people?

Evil Robot Jul 30th, 2009 06:25 PM

Its just the weather. Things will go back to normal around October or so.

kahljorn Jul 30th, 2009 07:11 PM

I considered the weather as a possibility, but I've been noticing this behavior since last winter.

Dimnos Jul 30th, 2009 09:39 PM

I have come to the conclusion that most people are just fucking retarded. As the world population count goes up so does the retard count. Its just a fact of life Kahl. :(

Zhukov Jul 30th, 2009 10:31 PM

It's not the weather, it's happening here too.

I hate so many people, and I wish I had a quota of people I was allowed to eliminate each day. It would be easy to reach because I never have to go looking for them, they come to me.

kahljorn Jul 31st, 2009 12:53 AM

shortly after i posted this we almost got MURDERED again when some guy drive through a stop sign :O then some kid rode his bike through an intersection into oncoming traffic and the guy who almost murdered us almost hit him :O

sometimes i wonder if they just have a sense of entitlement like a makewayfortheking sort of thing : (

VaporTrailx1 Jul 31st, 2009 12:59 AM

Want to know the future? It's not in Nostradamus, The Road Warrior, or 1984. Just watch Idiocracy. That is the future.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 (Post 639651)
Want to know the future? It's not in Nostradamus, The Road Warrior, or 1984. Just watch Idiocracy. That is the future.

Sad but true. :tear

VaporTrailx1 Jul 31st, 2009 01:21 AM

A guy I know got severely depressed for like a week after i showed him that movie lol

kahljorn Jul 31st, 2009 01:48 AM

lol :(

executioneer Jul 31st, 2009 02:12 AM

thats not what the xkcd guy thinks

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 31st, 2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 639613)
ROYALTY IN FUCKING WIFEBEAtERS AND FLIPFLOPS.

:(

Should have turned them into a peDEADstrian.

Seriously though people like that need to be stopped. I hate when I'm driving and someone walks right in front of my car and then gives you the "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT" look.

executioneer Jul 31st, 2009 01:26 PM

install a paint-throwing device in the front of your car, if someone gets in your way you can turn them neon pink so at least the next person they run in front of will be able to see em

elx Jul 31st, 2009 02:14 PM

i'm sure it's much worse being a pedestrian and having to deal with drivers than it is being a driver and having to deal with pedestrians.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 639699)
i'm sure it's much worse being a pedestrian and having to deal with drivers than it is being a driver and having to deal with pedestrians.

Best joke ever! :lol

stevetothepast Jul 31st, 2009 02:35 PM

I'll go out on a line here and say I agree with elx.

Colonel Flagg Jul 31st, 2009 02:55 PM

Maybe in rural areas, but it's the other way around in the city. >:

kahljorn Jul 31st, 2009 02:58 PM

I'm both a pedestrian and I often ride in cars ( i dont drive :O) and I'm going to say that dealing with stupid assholes is just as bad either way. Really, I feel safer as a pedestrian than I do in a car -- despite having been nearly ran over several times. Honestly, I've been nearly killed in a car way more times than I've been nearly killed as a pedestrian (and I used to walk everywhere).

at least when I'm walking around I can use my brain to determine when I should cross the road. With cars you don't really have as much freedom/mobility (or line of sight). Like if someone is driving like a jerk down the same freeway as you, you're pretty much stuck with em.
As a pedestrian who isn't an asshole, I mostly just have to worry about people running red lights. As a passenger in an automobile i have to worry about a million other things.

this makes me sound like a worrier :(
Quote:

install a paint-throwing device in the front of your car, if someone gets in your way you can turn them neon pink so at least the next person they run in front of will be able to see em
lol we've talked about carrying paintball guns around :( we always imagine shooting people and then they act like that one bum (who got shot up by those kids who shot a bunch of people in public with a paintball gun), "OH ITS ALL OveeeeeeeRRRRR"

We've also talked about turning our car into a giant bumper car so that when somebody is being annoying we can just bump them.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 31st, 2009 03:32 PM

People who ride bikes bother me even more than bad drivers or bad walkers. I understand completely they have the legal right to ride their bike in the street with traffic. They do NOT have the right to go through red lights and stop signs without stopping though. You don't get to pick and choose which set of rules apply to you under differing circumstances. You do NOT get the best of both. You are not BLADE.

Colonel Flagg Jul 31st, 2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 639712)
People who ride bikes bother me even more than bad drivers or bad walkers. I understand completely they have the legal right to ride their bike in the street with traffic. They do NOT have the right to go through red lights and stop signs without stopping though. You don't get to pick and choose which set of rules apply to you under differing circumstances. You do NOT get the best of both. You are not BLADE.

:rock

Evil Robot Jul 31st, 2009 04:58 PM

You all need to be smoking weed, these things will not bother you with weed.

kahljorn Jul 31st, 2009 05:57 PM

i do smoke weed and it makes me want to talk about them even more

elx Jul 31st, 2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 639702)
Best joke ever! :lol

well the way i see it, the driver will almost always have an advantage over the pedestrian. the driver has more control. (i.e kahljorn's situation, sure the pedestrians can annoy him, but in contrast he could squash them with a bit of foot movement)

when you're the driver, you're in a car, you can lock your doors, you can roll up your windows, you can drive away from the retarded pedestrian.

but when you're the pedestrian alone on a sidewalk in the middle of nowhere and there's a retarded driver, what can you do besides hope they leave you be? you can't bolt at 70mph - you're stuck.

so yeah, i fully stand by my previous statement, generally, being a driver having to deal with an idiotic pedestrian is much more appealing than being a pedestrian having to deal with a idiotic driver.

Dimnos Jul 31st, 2009 10:10 PM

Oh it wasnt the opinion that was funny. Just the fact it was coming from a 16 year old girl.

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

the driver has more control.
The driver basically has to drive on a street; pedestrians can jump on fences and walk into people's yards etc.

When you're driving 40-70mph you don't really have very much control. Also the kind of fuckery we're talking about can't be solved by rolling up your fucking window.

Quote:

i fully stand by my previous statement
:rolleyes pedestrians.

VaporTrailx1 Aug 1st, 2009 02:20 PM

Cars may be faster, but pedestrians have more maneuverability. In other words, they can quite easily turn around or change directions.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 1st, 2009 02:59 PM

I think this issue was already resolved in the PEOPLE AGAINST CARMAGEDDON 2.

Peds lost.

elx Aug 1st, 2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 (Post 639803)
Cars may be faster, but pedestrians have more maneuverability. In other words, they can quite easily turn around or change directions.

every driver can walk, not every walker can drive. a driver can step out of their car and become a pedestrian, but a pedestrian cannot pull a car out of their ass and become a driver.

drivers have the upperhand.

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 03:56 PM

WTF?

WHATEVER. NOT EVERY DRIVER CAN WALK. EVER SEE A HANDIcAP STICKER ON A CAR? SOME OF THOSE DRIVERS CANT WALK.

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 03:59 PM

ELX QUIT BEINg somEBoDYS CHARACTER

elx Aug 1st, 2009 04:00 PM

wtf what if they cant use their feet maybe they shouldnt be driving nobody likes the handicapped people and its not just because they get the good parking and besides if they can get in the car they can get out of it jesus

elx Aug 1st, 2009 04:01 PM

shutup kahljorn i think your socks are stupid much like your face

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

shutup kahljorn i think your socks are stupid

Quote:

wtf what if they cant use their feet maybe they shouldnt be driving nobody likes the handicapped people and its not just because they get the good parking and besides if they can get in the car they can get out of it jesus

elx Aug 1st, 2009 04:23 PM

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 04:33 PM

NOTICE HOW IN YOUR DEPICTION OF THE ARGUMENT THE PEDESTRIAN IS FAT AND DUMb lOOKIng AND NOT EVEN AT A CROSSWALK AND THE DRIVER IS ALL TINY AND LITTLE ASND MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS IN THEIR CUTE CAR DRiVINg IN THE APPROPRIAte LANE

NOW TWO THINGS COULD HAPPEN AT THIS POINT. THE SMALL BLUE CAR COULD RUN INTO THE GIANT PINK PEDESTRIAN BLOB AND BE COMPLEtely SHReDDEd WHILE THE PINK BLOB IS MIRACULOUSLY UNHAMRED AND THE PERSON INSIDE DIES; OR THE PEDESTRIAN IS HURT BUt THe DRIver SURviveS AND goEs to JAIL / GETS SUED AND HAS THEIR WHOLE LIFE RUINED AND CANT EVEN FEED THEIR KIDS BOLognE WHILE THE PINK BLOb eATS MORE StEAK ALL BECAUSE THE FAT PINK BLOB COULDNT USE A FUcking CROSSWALK

ANY MORE "EVIDENCE" YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT?

elx Aug 1st, 2009 04:37 PM

ITS NOT PINK ITS PURPLE AND ITS A PURPLE PEOPLE EATER AND YOU ARE THE PEOPLE

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 04:51 PM

PEDESTRIANS ARE SO FUCKING NICE ARENT THEY.

ALSO YOU PROBABLY DONT KNOW THIS SO ILL JUST TELL YOU BUT THOSe WIth MORE FREEDOM OF CHOICE HOLD THEY gREATEST ANUS IN THEIR HANDS.
and that's the pedestrian

elx Aug 1st, 2009 05:07 PM

what

kahljorn Aug 1st, 2009 11:16 PM

OH SUDDENLY RIDICULOUSNESS IS BEYOND YOUR RIDICULOUS GRASP?

Get outta here

Evil Robot Aug 1st, 2009 11:50 PM

I think this argument should shift from drivers Vs. pedestrians to people who are currently inhaling Vs. people who are currently exhaling.

ZeldaQueen Aug 3rd, 2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Robot (Post 639858)
I think this argument should shift from drivers Vs. pedestrians to people who are currently inhaling Vs. people who are currently exhaling.

How would one keep tabs on that?

As for the first argument, as has been pointed out the pedestrians do have more mobility. On the other hand, drivers have a large metal shell around them basically. However, it's still unfair for peds to not follow the rules and jump out in front of cars. It's scary at the very least. It's also one of the reasons I hate driving and limit my activities mostly to whatever's in walking distance (though as a random person online once said, anything is in walking distance if you've got enough time).

kahljorn Aug 3rd, 2009 02:59 AM

I think what matters most is that whether its pedestrians or other drivers hell is other people ;9

also this argument is gay anyway since half of what has been said is that when you're driving other drivers are fucking scary. Somebody threw their stinky fish comments in this thread and their name is ELX

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2009 10:45 AM

What gets me is that you people are arguing about driving with a 16 year old. :lol

The Leader Aug 3rd, 2009 12:12 PM

Reason, thy name is Dimnos.

elx Aug 3rd, 2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 639967)
What gets me is that you people are arguing about driving with a 16 year old. :lol

you don't have to be legal to understand basic reasoning and produce an irrefutable argument, furthermore, i'm glad that you feel this way, it means i won't be subjected debating with dumb lobsterlegs who can't even grasp what the argument was about in the first place.

Dimnos Aug 3rd, 2009 01:27 PM

Your argument was about being a driver vs a pedestrian. To accurately weigh in on the topic someone would need to have experience as both. To say at 16 someone has the driving experience is laughable. And now I have gotten far to involved in this conversation than I ever wanted to be. :rolleyes

kahljorn Aug 4th, 2009 10:03 PM

arguing can be fun if you're not a STICK

Chojin Aug 5th, 2009 02:34 PM

I once went to make a turn and this guy saw me coming but hops out into the intersection anyway.

I stop and wait for him to cross. He then looks at me and starts gesticulating wildly and yelling as if I was doing doughnuts in his backyard or something. I pointed and told him to get the fuck on his merry way so I could proceed.

People are equally retarded whether they're operating machinery or not.

He was a jew btw

Dimnos Aug 5th, 2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 640292)
He was a jew btw

Well there you go. :Geggy

kahljorn Aug 5th, 2009 03:07 PM

"People are equally retarded whether they're operating machinery or not."

yea :(

stevetothepast Aug 5th, 2009 06:01 PM

what really pisses me off is when I'm trying to swim and boats are almost sailing me over. :(

kahljorn Aug 5th, 2009 08:09 PM

it's the inconsiderateness that gets me, and the callousness towards the well-being of others and lackadaisical usage of dangerous toys :(

VaporTrailx1 Aug 7th, 2009 02:19 AM

All i know is idiots outnumber everyone else 50-1. Seeing that no matter what the future is going to suck horribly, Eugenics might deserve a second chance.

Dimnos Aug 7th, 2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 640331)
what really pisses me off is when I'm trying to swim and boats are almost sailing me over. :(

:lol

MrSmiley381 Aug 7th, 2009 11:44 PM

Wow, this topic has gone absolutely crazy. Fun reading, though.

Anyway, I've noticed that things have just been generally strange lately. I had a crazy dream involving kittens in a plastic bag and taking them to work, as well as some other Freudian stuff. People I know have been randomly getting sick lately, loud drug dealers across the street have gotten louder and subsequently arrested, and caverns of Hell exploding from the sidewalks. I think the proximity to a full moon might be involved.

Oh, and drivers around here have been OK for a while, and pedestrians don't run in front me all that much, which is actually unusual, considering what the rest of you have said. I guess my town has inverted luck.

ZeldaQueen Aug 9th, 2009 02:36 AM

My brother is learning the Joy of Driver's Ed via my mom, which I consider fair considering the fun bonding time I had when I did it. Today apparently he nearly hit a deer that lept out into the road.

kahljorn Aug 11th, 2009 03:29 AM

OKAY FIRST OF ALL THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT THE FUCKING FULL MOON ITS ABOUT A FUCKING (POSSIBLE) NATION WIDE TREND OF STUPIDITY AND IF YOU HAD CONSIDERED THIS MAYBE YOU WOULD RECOGNIZe THE OVERALL CONSISTENCY OF THIS THREAD BARRING ELX AND HER FISH REMARKS

SECOND DEER ARENT PEOPLE

executioneer Aug 11th, 2009 05:54 AM

THATS VERY SPECIESIST OF YOU TO SAY

Colonel Flagg Aug 11th, 2009 09:52 AM

À propos of people's inherent stupidity:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20352110/detail.html

Not that anyone would have taken pictures or movies of the incident, or anything.

I loved the defense argument - "It doesn't matter [...] [s]he's just a mouse."

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 13th, 2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 641078)
À propos of people's inherent stupidity:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20352110/detail.html

Not that anyone would have taken pictures or movies of the incident, or anything.

I loved the defense argument - "It doesn't matter [...] [s]he's just a mouse."

"There are days when I feel like I don't want to do this job anymore, but I absolutely love it, so I continue to do it. So, yeah, it has been an emotional rollercoaster."

:spacemountain