I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   NHL 2011-2012 season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69707091)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 20th, 2011 05:59 PM

I don't know if when they updated the sabres arena they got rid of the workout and conditioning room or something. It seems like we're playing with half of the sabres and half of the AHL americans due to injuries.

Kitsa Dec 20th, 2011 06:22 PM

God, the Jackets-Blues game. I bet it was difficult for Ken Hitchcock to keep the smirk off his face.

Kitsa Dec 22nd, 2011 11:25 PM

Hi ho, hi ho, it's time for the Blue Jackets to bite the big one yet again. To Nashville. Fucking Nashville!

AChimp Dec 24th, 2011 01:20 AM

Jets lost to the Penguins today. Horribly. We got outshot like 40 to 20.

When 15000 fans scream at you to shoot the puck, you should shoot the fucking puck instead of stopping and waiting to pass it to someone... oh, the puck just got stolen from you and Pittsburgh is going back up the ice :(

Kitsa Dec 26th, 2011 03:37 PM

The Jackets' new thing (just arrived in my email) is a "Ladies' night out" promotion. The tagline is, "Learn the game and enjoy a ladies' night out!" It features hors d'oeuvre, girly cocktails and a Q&A with the GM and referees.

I'm vaguely offended by it.

Maybe I should go and learn what a hat trick is, or ask which one's the quarterback.

AChimp Dec 27th, 2011 01:39 AM

http://www.myotherdressshoes.com/Lat...e-jackets.html

Is that what you were talking about? Ticket, hot dog, popcorn, drink and a HAT for $30.

Here's what the prices are at the Jets games:

- Average ticket price around $82 (tickets are rated A, B or C depending on what team is in town, so the range is from like $180 for the most expensive tickets ever down to around $60 for nosebleeds)
- Beer $8 each
- Soft drink $5
- Hot dog $6
- Popcorn $4
- Parking $12

Hats are like $25. :(

Kitsa Dec 27th, 2011 03:48 AM

Yep. And I know. When I went through Cbus yesterday, there were signs all over the place for $50 ticket packages that included popcorn, t-shirts, etc.

The weird thing is that all of the NHL souvenirs are at standard pricing, meaning that a jersey can cost the same as three game tickets.

When we were at the Dayton Fliers game earlier this month, a pretzel and a soda alone were $7.50.

AChimp Dec 27th, 2011 09:15 AM

My brother and I paid $300 each for an authentic Jets jersey. The replica jerseys are $150.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 27th, 2011 10:39 AM

Worth it though.

AChimp Dec 27th, 2011 04:15 PM

Totally worth it. I stride around the arena before and after games making rude comments to stupid people about the cheap Chinese knock-offs that they're wearing.

Kitsa Dec 27th, 2011 04:48 PM

I enjoy the mascots slamming into the glass right behind people talking before games. Scares the everloving shit out of them, especially when the place is mostly empty and it echoes.

Colonel Flagg Dec 27th, 2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 752902)
The Jackets' new thing (just arrived in my email) is a "Ladies' night out" promotion. The tagline is, "Learn the game and enjoy a ladies' night out!" It features hors d'oeuvre, girly cocktails and a Q&A with the GM and referees.

I bet you could make the GM cry. :)

AChimp Dec 27th, 2011 11:48 PM

I watched the Calgary/Columbus game. It doesn't look like many people took advantage of that $30 deal.

People would be killing each other for those tickets in Canada.

Seriously. :|

Pentegarn Dec 28th, 2011 12:01 AM

Hard to want to go see a team with a win total in single digits :(

Kitsa Dec 28th, 2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 752996)
I bet you could make the GM cry. :)

If I were the GM I would make earnest plans to shoot myself well before the event. To put it in the words of Hank Hill, it's asinine.

We might as well just start calling them the columbus BJs on account of the suck. I have a great custom jersey that I'm embarrassed to wear, and that's sad because I've loved the team for just about as long as it's existed.

They were decent for a while. I think the 07-08 season will always be my favorite, playoffs or not. And I still like Nash and Vermette, but I'm a goalie girl and I don't have much to say about the swiss cheese barrier those guys have been putting up these days.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 30th, 2011 10:23 AM

Can't wait for the philly/new york game on monday. I was reading about possible future sites for the winter classic games and one that was mentioned was central park in new york,ny.

Could you imagine that

Kitsa Dec 31st, 2011 11:33 PM

"Wow, it's the third sellout crowd this year and the Jackets are really putting on a sh--- oh, wait, never mind."

AChimp Jan 1st, 2012 09:52 AM

Jets beat the Leafs, who are now out of a playoff spot for the time being. All is right in 2012.

:)

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 1st, 2012 02:56 PM

Thank you jets. :)

Colonel Flagg Jan 1st, 2012 10:55 PM

Winter classic alumni game was awesome. Seeing the likes of Bob Clarke, Mark Messier, Eric Lindros and Ron Duguay on the ice at various times ... well I can't describe the feeling. And the chant of "Bernie! Bernie!" nearly brought a tear to my eye. What a show. :)

Kitsa Jan 2nd, 2012 09:13 AM

Every time I look at Ovechkin, all I see is

Pentegarn Jan 2nd, 2012 10:53 AM

AChimp Jan 5th, 2012 12:18 AM

Jets played terrible in Montreal. Hopefully we can regroup for the Toronto rematch tomorrow. :/

MailCall Jan 5th, 2012 06:53 PM

Yep. It's coming. Nash dash. He should go to Nashville...
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...iZrHsHTCd7vLYF

AChimp Jan 7th, 2012 12:26 AM

Realignment just got blown up. Looks like everything will stay like it is for at least one more season.