I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Night Of The Creeps (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700894)

MockBot Oct 22nd, 2008 05:20 AM

Night Of The Creeps

Automatically generated comment thread for Night Of The Creeps.

Godzilla Oct 22nd, 2008 05:27 AM

Hmmm, sounds a lot like a (somewhat) modern movie called "slither", which also revolves around an alien crashing, evil alien slugs, zombies and the like.

Probably based on this or something.

hisholiness Oct 22nd, 2008 06:17 AM

Great review, i never knew there was an alternate ending. Let us know if you need us to petition to get this little gem on DVD. oh and feel free to use the spellchecker, i guess you must've been up late writing this review. Get some rest, you've earned it!!!

Hurude Oct 22nd, 2008 07:09 AM

Tom Atkins rules, I love him in maniac cop what a classic!!

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 22nd, 2008 09:13 AM

I love Night of the Creeps. But the best thing about Night of the Creeps is that it gave its director enough credit to make The Monster Squad.

Doctor_Who Oct 22nd, 2008 09:29 AM

A true underrated classic. I love this flick.

SPINAL Oct 22nd, 2008 09:48 AM

Excellent review! Still love Tom Atkins from Halloween 3.

Can you guys please review a couple of other 1980s classics: Waxwork or perhaps Terror Train?

mbkerr Oct 22nd, 2008 09:52 AM

I think the alien fetus that shot the canister out was also possessed by the slugs. I think he had blank eyes like most of the "zombies" in this film have, and he was getting the slugs off the ship to infest other planets.

This film is classic. And I prefer the alternate ending with Atkins walking away and infesting a graveyard (could this be the unofficial prequel to Night of the Living Dead?!) than the dog infecting Cynthia. That dog should have so been dead by the end of the flick.

DeadDoug Oct 22nd, 2008 10:39 AM

Man, I have only seen the real ending once, every time I have caught this movie it was the zombie dog ending for me! THis was recently shown as a midnight movie here in NYC, but sadly, I missed it. I have been praying for it to hit DVD for years now!

Colonel Flagg Oct 22nd, 2008 01:17 PM

Reminds me a little of "The Faculty". Good review, good cheese.

Thrill me.

Relaxing Dragon Oct 22nd, 2008 01:58 PM

It's Miller time!

Loved this movie when I saw it on late night TV (which was far too long ago), and I keep hoping for a DVD release of it. Great choice of review, and completely right on Detective Cameron; he's the man, no doubt about it.

Also, the ending I saw was the graveyard one, and while I also keep reading that it's the alternate ending, since it seems so common the dog one seems more like an actual alternate ending.

Relaxing Dragon Oct 22nd, 2008 01:59 PM

Also, I second Spinal's request for a Terror Train review (or I'll just have to wait patiently for a People Under the Stairs review).

El Sammo Oct 22nd, 2008 02:10 PM

How about a review of "Elmo in Grouchland"? I know it's not a 'traditional' horror film, but it scares the SHIT out of me!

Julio Oct 22nd, 2008 04:45 PM

Never trust those leeches. They are pure hell.

Jquick Oct 22nd, 2008 08:27 PM

When a cop pulls a Rorschach on some dead-heads, you know you're seeing something special.

Ferrit Oct 22nd, 2008 09:38 PM

Screaming like Banshees....hahaha...

Love this movie. Slither was okay - but this was so much better. Maybe because of Tom "Thrill Me" Atkins...maybe because it's so cheesy...maybe because of the Screaming Like Banshees...maybe all of the above.

Awesome review RoG :)

CarpetGnome Oct 22nd, 2008 11:34 PM

I can't be the only one who noticed that "cryogenic boy" had no genitals.....

The slugs ate them perhaps?

Chuggernaught Oct 22nd, 2008 11:55 PM

Oh yes! I forgot all about this movie! JC should have lived to fight again another day. I remember thinking how much it sucked that he died so early in the movie.

DarkfireTaimatsu Oct 23rd, 2008 12:15 AM

Euw... It's like Yeerks gone bad. Or worse, rather.

Dungeonbrownies Oct 23rd, 2008 12:44 AM

I found this film online a couple of years ago and saw it.
It was undoubtedly one of the best films of this style Ive seen to date.

Terrible-D Oct 23rd, 2008 02:40 AM

I just read this on Wikipedia(so who knows if it's really true or not),"DVD producer Michael Felsher is currently working on the Night of the Creeps dvd."
I haven't seen this flick in ages, but I do remember it having the spaceship ending.

OxBlood Oct 23rd, 2008 06:56 AM

Another great classic that I have never seen...I am so uneducated. But I already bought Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter ;) Thanks for telling me such a nice little flick exists :)

Icculus Oct 23rd, 2008 12:57 PM

I caught this on On-Demand about a month or so ago. Good flick, Unfortunately I don't know what ending it had because I'm a sucker and fell asleep. I'll have to check it out though.

Zomboid Oct 23rd, 2008 05:58 PM

Seeing this tomorrow night on a theater screen. You can all lick my balls.

Mockery Oct 23rd, 2008 06:24 PM

Hey Zomboid:

You can lick mine first. :picklehat