I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   SCARY GAMES! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697924)

Zomboid Jan 23rd, 2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 526495)
PH is only in the second silent hill.

WRONG

He's also in the arcade game and there's a character so similar it's pretty much the same guy in silent hill: origins. omfg n00b :rolleyes

Emu Jan 23rd, 2008 10:45 AM

Well if you wanna be an faggot about it he's also in the movie :rolleyes

Sacks Jan 23rd, 2008 10:49 AM

Anyone have screenshots of these other pyramid heads?

Kingofeurope Jan 23rd, 2008 10:50 AM

Friday the 13th on the NES, mainly because it sucked.

Guitar Woman Jan 23rd, 2008 11:12 PM

This is one of the stupidest games I've ever played in my life, jesus christ :<

Sam Jan 23rd, 2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 526692)

ALSO I HAVE A SHIRT AND HE IS ON IT SO DON'T FORGET THAT. :rolleyes

Zomboid Jan 23rd, 2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 526692)

This is a scary GAMES thread. Not a scary MOVIE and GAMES thread. Therefore, I only mentioned the GAMES that he was in after you made an erroneous remark. If you want to continue posting in here, please make sure your GAMES and MOVIES information is UP TO DATE.

n00b :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Jan 25th, 2008 11:08 AM

Ok, this took a few hours longer to pick up than it should have, but now that I'm in the evil dark world it's everything I expected :<

My favorite part is how you can hear Pyramid Head dragging his sword around somewhere nearby. The first encounter with him outside of a cutscene was pathetic and hilarious, but now he actually seems like a threat :<

I still think the movie had a way better atmosphere, though. And I totally prefer the snow of ashes to just fog.

Emu Jan 25th, 2008 12:30 PM

The snow is from the first game, and it was actual snow, not ashes. ;( I don't know why they changed that.

Emu Jan 25th, 2008 07:07 PM

Oh, here's one I forgot to mention (unless I forgot that I didn't forget to mention it):

Sanitarium.

This game is fucked up. I've only played through it like halfway (I played the HotU CD-rip version, which is missing some resources and makes the game difficult to play) but what I did play I loved. The game is genuinely eerie and continuously taunts you with visions of freedom and happiness only to kick you in the balls as you walk off into the light.

Asila Jan 27th, 2008 02:13 PM

Does anyone else remember the ghost world of Mario 64? I was thinking about it last night, and remember it being oddly horrifying for a Mario game; there's some memory of a circular ballroom-type thing that spun around and played seriously creepy calliope music.

Slobulus Jan 27th, 2008 05:25 PM

Doom 3 is one scary game. In terms of classics Super Metroid and Jurrasic Park 1 & 2 for SNES freaks me out still.

MarioRPG Jan 28th, 2008 03:36 PM

I started playing Resident Evil again :(

Emu Jan 28th, 2008 04:16 PM

I bought another copy of SH1 yesterday. It was 10 bucks :( Black label and with the case.

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2008 04:22 PM

I'm getting System Shock because fuck the "code hidden in art" section of the second one

Guitar Woman Jan 28th, 2008 08:09 PM

You think they could have made DOSbox a little less user friendly, just for shits and giggles

jesus christ

executioneer Jan 29th, 2008 12:53 AM

there are frontends for it that help with the user friendliness, i'm told

MarioRPG Jan 30th, 2008 05:32 PM

It's still not friendly :(

Dr. Boogie Jan 30th, 2008 05:48 PM

I still haven't figured out how to get Terminal Velocity to work with it.

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 30th, 2008 10:53 PM

It's kinda depressing how horror games don't even phase me much anymore. I played through Silent Hill 3 without even jumping. :(

executioneer Jan 31st, 2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 528870)
I still haven't figured out how to get Terminal Velocity to work with it.

i downloaded the shareware version of TV and didn't have any problems getting it to run :/ what error message/problem are you getting?

Pub Lover Jan 31st, 2008 09:01 AM

After buying Silent Hill the other week, I am so bad at playing it.

Spoilers!

I play for five minutes, get freaked out & have to leave the room & when I finally have the nerve to go back I find someone has shut the playstation off without saving.

EXCEPT THE TIMES I PLAY LATE AT NIGHT. THOSE TIMES I HAVE TO SHUT THE POWER OFF TO THE HOUSE AT THE CIRCUIT BREAKERS TO MAKE SURE THE GAME ISN'T RUNNING WHEN I GO BACK IN.

Dr. Boogie Jan 31st, 2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 529021)
i downloaded the shareware version of TV and didn't have any problems getting it to run :/ what error message/problem are you getting?

I'm not getting any errors, it just runs like shit, and turning up the frameskip doesn't help.

executioneer Jan 31st, 2008 01:51 PM

from what i remember, that was how it ran back then too

i could be mistaken though

Guitar Woman Jan 31st, 2008 01:51 PM

Silent Hill 2 got really stupid again :<

Spoilers!