I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   MORTAL KOMBAT (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19964)

Guitar Woman Jan 31st, 2006 03:49 PM

MORTAL KOMBAT

Is there some kind of inside joke I'm not getting here?
Because it seems to me like this game sucks.
A lot. >:

ItalianStereotype Jan 31st, 2006 03:59 PM

which one?

Guitar Woman Jan 31st, 2006 03:59 PM

All of them.

ItalianStereotype Jan 31st, 2006 04:02 PM

then yes, there is an inside joke. in fact, we're all in a giant "inside joke" comedy club and you're the christian fundamentalist holding a sign outside saying we're all going to hell.

Guitar Woman Jan 31st, 2006 04:05 PM

:(

ItalianStereotype Jan 31st, 2006 04:14 PM

FATALITY

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Comrade Rocket Jan 31st, 2006 04:22 PM

FRIENDSHIP...

FRIENDSHIP? AGAIN?

Chojin Jan 31st, 2006 04:35 PM

MK 1 and 2 are awesome :<

You better be playing the arcade versions and not liek the Genesis versions >:

Schimid Jan 31st, 2006 05:12 PM

I like MK3 better than MK2.

I used to hate this game. I still have problems with a lot of the fatalities in the third one, it just seems like half the time you get lucky and half the time you don't.

ziggytrix Jan 31st, 2006 05:46 PM

I spent a small fortune in quarters on Street Fighter II Champion Edition back in the day, and I never really could like another tournament fighter quite the same.

Sub-zero was my favorite in the original Mortal Kombat, partly I think, cuz his moves are all very Street Fighterish.

Shifty Jan 31st, 2006 05:56 PM

MK 1 only one i liked. and i loved playing scorpian. never played arcade version tho, played snes version

DamnthatDavid Jan 31st, 2006 06:07 PM

Johnny Cage. I remember the coolest move for Genesis (ya, I know not as good as Arcade, still fun)

Very simple, very ball knocker.

Down-C, Splits and Punch!

bigtimecow Jan 31st, 2006 10:57 PM

those were 400 dollar sunglasses asshole

fuckin' goro man breaking glasses and shit :lol

Guitar Woman Feb 1st, 2006 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin

I played MK 1 on MAME, and MK 2 and 3 for SNES because the Roms are easier to track down.

GADZOOKS Feb 1st, 2006 01:15 AM

Guys I don't understand why I don't like game you like.

Seven Force Feb 1st, 2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
MK 1 and 2 are awesome :<

And just what the hell is wrong with the Genesis versions?

Quote:

Is there some kind of inside joke I'm not getting here?
Because it seems to me like this game sucks.
A lot. >:
You're always good for a laugh. :lol

Zomboid Feb 1st, 2006 03:50 AM

I got that midway arcade treasures 2 game mainly for mk2 and 3 along with rampage...I don't get how someone who's like 17 or older couldn't like Mortal Kombat. It's a fucking classic unless you're someone who's somewhat new to video games.

Guitar Woman Feb 1st, 2006 03:54 PM

I'm not new to videogames, but I was never into fighters when I was younger so I missed out on the Mortal Kombat games. Not to mention Street Fighter and Killer Instinct.

Chojin Feb 1st, 2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

I played MK 1 on MAME, and MK 2 and 3 for SNES because the Roms are easier to track down.
MK 2 and 3 need to be played as arcade versions. MK 1 is somewhat sorta-well done on the SNES version (minus the violence and whatnot) though.

http://www.emucation.com/roms.php?system=mame&letter=m

mk2.zip, mk3.zip, and umk3.zip, respectively (ultimate mortal kombat was a patch for mk3 released when everyone was pissed that raiden and scorpion were missing, and everyone wondered why Stryker fired his gun off after fights but wouldn't use it during one.)

MK 2 is the last good MK game in my opinion, though. ;< From MK3 on it tried too hard to be killer instinct.

Maybe it's because you're too young to remember it but part of what made MK 1 & 2 so great was all the media attention around them. I still vividly remember watching the news at my grandparents' house and having them break the MK story on it. The anchorwoman was all WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. YOU SHOULD ASK ANY CHILDREN PRESENT TO LEAVE THE ROOM. And then they showed a clip of Sub Zero performing a fatality on Sonya. And my grandmother was all UUUUHHHH!

And playing MK2 in the arcades all the time. I would play as Baraka and make people so mad :< QUIT CORNERING ME GOD QUIT IT WHAT THE GOD LET ME OUT QUIT IT and all the cool kids would play as Shang Tsung and memorize all 11 morphs and knew how to butcher the baby after doing a babality ;< Which I still don't know how to do ;<

But yeah I gotta agree with Zomboid - MK 2 is a solid fighting game. MK 1 is too, but it's more like a chess game than a polished fighter ;< Unless you have no idea what you're doing, in that case I guess it'd be kinda stupid.

Maybe I'll have to get mame with kaillera so you can watch me moidalize people with Cage and you can understand how great these games are ;<

Quote:

And just what the hell is wrong with the Genesis versions?
The graphics were absolutely horrible. But MK1 on Genesis I remember playing way closer to the arcade than the SNES version.

That's more nostalgia - only genesis had the BLOOD CODE :<

ItalianStereotype Feb 1st, 2006 06:10 PM

A, B, A, C, A, B, B

GET OVER HERE

ArrowX Feb 1st, 2006 06:26 PM

REally!?

MK3 it was something cheap and Retarted like <-,<-, HP

MarioRPG Feb 1st, 2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

That's more nostalgia - only genesis had the BLOOD CODE :<
Ah yes. That code made us all feel a little cooler :)

MetalMilitia Feb 1st, 2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid
I got that midway arcade treasures 2 game mainly for mk2 and 3 along with rampage...I don't get how someone who's like 17 or older couldn't like Mortal Kombat. It's a fucking classic unless you're someone who's somewhat new to video games.

Me and a couple of friends used to get drunk and play various midway treasures all night. MK3 was always the best though.
Pit Fighter is hilarious.

ArrowX Feb 1st, 2006 06:33 PM

Pit fighter was awful :O

Its like street fighter if they substituted Zangeif for a fat autistic football lineman.

MarioRPG Feb 1st, 2006 06:45 PM

Never heard of Pit Fighter. Guess I missed the boat there.