I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tales From the Longbox 29: "The Dead Travel The Cosmos... In Spandex!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700774)

MockBot Oct 8th, 2008 03:55 AM

Tales From the Longbox 29: "The Dead Travel The Cosmos... In Spandex!"

Automatically generated comment thread for Tales From the Longbox 29: "The Dead Travel The Cosmos... In Spandex!".

Godzilla Oct 8th, 2008 04:21 AM

Why does when somebody becomes a zombie, their lips suddenly disappear? Do they decompose at a rapid rate compared to the rest of the body? Do zombies even decompose in the first place? And why do their eyes start to glow? I don't believe there is any source of light behind the eyeball...

So many questions...

Purple Man Oct 8th, 2008 05:56 AM

I can't stand this zombies thing; it seems like a redundant idea that ran out of steam right away. The threat that it might have spilled over into the Ultimateverse is a worry; it's the only thing which could make that title crappier.

I was kinda hoping you'd be getting stuck into Marvel Apes, Mr Protoclown; it sounds horrific.

FYI, the right to wear purple is definitely worth fighting over.

Drunken_Lemur408 Oct 8th, 2008 06:55 AM

Ya know, I think they keep this series around for the covers. Just look at them, they're wonderful.

Julio Oct 8th, 2008 07:16 AM

The scream to the ceiling... Cheesy...

WillyC Oct 8th, 2008 09:04 AM

I haven't read these, but based on the few snippets shown, I think that "Aunt May" is supposed to be Amelia Voght. But you're right; it's way funnier if it's Aunt May.

Icculus Oct 8th, 2008 10:50 AM

After the last review I was almost persuaded into buying these. Instead I put them down and and grabbed something else...Thanks for reassuring that I made the right choice.

McFly Oct 8th, 2008 11:35 AM

Wonder how many of those robotic woman bodies they have lying around… Kind of makes you wonder what they do with their free time... or on second thought, it may be best left alone.

Angryhydralisk Oct 8th, 2008 01:17 PM

It still kills me that the zombies just stop being hungry. Kinda defeats the whole concept of zombies if you ask me.

captain516 Oct 8th, 2008 07:47 PM

Talk about beating a dead horse! geddit? Also, patiently awaiting the next All-Star Batman Article.

Protoclown Oct 8th, 2008 10:06 PM

Next All-Star Batman article is coming, after all the Halloween stuff is done!

Thanos Oct 8th, 2008 10:39 PM

I love the Marvel Zombies series, but the opening to part II did piss me off slightly. Come on... Hulk isn't even in Thanos' league. Sure, Hulk is strong... but Thanos is the consort of death itself. A true blast from Hulk would only bruise Thanos, if that.

Oh well, the story was still interesting. :-D

Lothalis Oct 9th, 2008 05:18 AM

Awesome article, although I do feel it still at that time had alittle steam, it is true that with a possable 3 out soon the engine will come to a grinding stop.

What looks bad however is Marvel Apes (Uhh), And i Like Monkeys!

Cant wait for the God-Damn Batman...

Nick Oct 9th, 2008 06:03 AM

I still giggle at the zombie make out scene.

resident-adam Oct 9th, 2008 07:36 AM

Pfft. Those zombies are no match for a Stormtrooper and his E-11 blaster! Pew-Pew them all!

executioneer Oct 9th, 2008 09:13 AM

ugh

SunnyD Oct 9th, 2008 10:17 AM

Dear Godzilla:

What happens is, when they first get bitten, they start vomiting and whatnot, and all the zombie stomach acid they have now burns off their lips.

yes, this is the actual explanation from the first volume.

on an unrelated note, i just really really like these covers. they're just so damn great.

Beardy Goodness Oct 9th, 2008 06:06 PM

What happened to Thor and the rest of the Asgardians? Because I'd like to see zombie Volstagg. And on a side note, what about the merc with a mouth?

fluffkomix Oct 10th, 2008 12:15 AM

hey have you guys seen that one new marvel spiderman (i say new, because it was the last one i have seen. think august), where they had a bunch of different parallel universe type stories? like for example: spidermonkeyman. basically the exact same storyline as the original spiderman, but with monkeys! brilliant right? right? no.

Cruxader Oct 10th, 2008 12:37 AM

I'm sorry, but I simply loathe the Marvel Zombies... maybe that's what the authors had intended though...

Jaimas Oct 10th, 2008 01:42 AM

There needs to be a Goddamned Zombie Batman.

HowardC Oct 10th, 2008 02:07 AM

I actually liked this one. It tied up the loose ends nicely (like explaining why in the hell wasp stopped trying to eat people). I think it was more of a setup for the enevitable trilogy. Everybody knows part II always sucks compared to part I and III.

Answering a few of the questions (both in the article and in the posts):

The eyes don't glow, it's just the eye looses it's pigment. Standard zombie deal there.

It took the galactic zombies much longer to calm down because they had eaten so much. The more you eat, the hungrier you get. Again, standard zombie deal.

Hulk now has the power cosmic... thanos does not.

Afaik thor didn't make an appearance in the zombie universe.. remember, it's a parallel world, not the "real" marvel world. My guess is the norse gods don't exist in this reality. (And more importantly adding them into the plot would have complicated things dramatically.)

I think these zombies don't rot. The thing is the cells are dead though, so their bodies don't heal. Only possible explaination I can give you.

Now for my questions:

How did the "new" marvel zombies survive to become zombies? A team of guys with the power of Galactus and the surfer can't eat a bunch of third-rate characters? (Phoenix excluded).

Speaking of the power of galactus... Wouldn't consuming the flesh of the most powerful (and immortal) being in the universe give you the ability to oh.. I dunno REGROW YOUR FLESH?!?! Ever seen a scar on galactus even after all those battles? I rest my case.

If the hunger was so great then when did they have the time and enegry to graft on new limbs? Not only that, considering they can now frikkin fly, WHY did they attach new limbs? I mean vanity no longer becomes an issue when you smell like 40 year old meat.

Speaking of vanity. What, no robotic lips?

Also, cage seems to have grafted on an alien arm. Wouldn't he, you know, EAT that instead?

How do the heads talk? No vocal chords ya know.

Just some things to think about.

Drunken_Lemur408 Oct 10th, 2008 04:33 PM

Howard, Thor was in it, at least the first one. And I Think Godzilla was talking about the Cosmic Zombies, so the Eyes glow because of the power cosmic.

Darren Spooner Oct 11th, 2008 09:15 AM

About the whole lip thing; they sure do talk remarkably well without them! Really, try talking without using your lips and see how you sound. I guess its a zombie thing.

captain516 Oct 11th, 2008 06:40 PM

Remember those Twinkie ads they used to print in comic books?