I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

Zhukov Jun 29th, 2010 10:43 PM

He's not going to tell you where he is, you have to work out what country by following the clues and solving puzzles.

I'm about to head off and eat some nasi goring. Or Nazi Goering as it's often referred to as.

Babs Jun 30th, 2010 02:39 AM

homemade eggrolls

EDIT:

Dimnos Jun 30th, 2010 10:50 AM

popcorn with hot salt. Breakfast of champions. :yum

The Leader Jun 30th, 2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 690655)
He's not going to tell you where he is, you have to work out what country by following the clues and solving puzzles.

He's in Argentina.

Zhukov Jun 30th, 2010 11:42 AM

How is he going to learn Maths and History if you give it away? >:

The Leader Jun 30th, 2010 12:46 PM

Math sucks. >:

darkvare Jun 30th, 2010 07:20 PM

i used thosse carmen sandiego games to learn english :P

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2010 07:22 PM

And you demonstrate it so well!

Tadao Jun 30th, 2010 07:27 PM

HAH!

Zhukov Jul 5th, 2010 08:28 AM

Well I think Darkvare's English is pretty damn good.

I just ate a pistachio dukkah yellowfin over mash and asparagus with saffron sauce. It was lovely, and I was going to take a photo of it, but I forgot until the last minute.

I did take a photo at the last minute though. :\

Wiffles Jul 5th, 2010 09:12 AM

nice. even the crumbs look delicious =P

Zhukov Jul 5th, 2010 09:25 AM

Oh, and don't worry I finished the last piece of fish.

Kitsa Jul 5th, 2010 03:19 PM

chicken salad with low-fat mayo and sliced red grapes on "extra protein" wholegrain bread, with carrots and celery sticks on the side. Also a garlic pickle spear.

Kitsa Jul 8th, 2010 09:33 PM

I tried kale tonight, with the best of intentions. Puh-TOOEY.

I did just as the book instructed, sauteed it in garlic-infused olive oil with flakes of dried red pepper. I could barely get it down. It was like cooked curly parsley-garnish, and oily.

If I ever cook it again, which I guess I have to because I have a big bunch of it in the fridge, I'm going to definitely shred it into tiny pieces, and almost no oil. I might even look at pureeing it and using it like pesto.

Gah. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

My dinner was good otherwise...nice vegetarian "chick'n" sandwich on wholegrain with guacamole and roasted red peppers.

kahljorn Jul 8th, 2010 11:54 PM

maybe you should try making it in a stew instead :( i made soemthing with chard today in a stew and it tasted pretty good.

Zhukov Jul 9th, 2010 08:42 AM

I like kale, and it grows really well down here. You must have got some bad stuff. :\

Kitsa Jul 9th, 2010 08:56 AM

I know it's supposed to be some of the healthiest stuff ever, which is why I wanted to give it a try. I sauteed it for a long time, and it never lost its chewy/stringiness. Is it supposed to be stripped from the center vein of the leaf before you cook it?

I liked the taste of the kale itself...sort of spicy...but the oiliness from the saute and the fact that I was chewing a large, oily cud of something just made me gag.

How do you cook yours, zhukov?

Zhukov Jul 9th, 2010 09:08 AM

I like it in cold salads, or steamed and served next to mash.

kahljorn Jul 10th, 2010 03:48 AM

i saw a kale recipe in a vegan book and they mixed it with cabbage to make cole slaw :O i guess you could call it kale slaw :(

Kitsa Jul 11th, 2010 08:47 PM

hm, guess I'll have to try it.

I'm cooking another Morningstar Farms "grilled chick'n" patty (they're not bad actually) in teriyaki sauce with a couple of pineapple slices.

Fathom Zero Jul 12th, 2010 06:12 PM

I BOUGHT FISH SAUCE AT JUNGLE JIM'S. THIS MOTHERFUCKER IS GONNA PUT IT TO GOOD USE. :yum

Zhukov Jul 13th, 2010 11:02 AM

Fish sauce is banned here. Serious. And every time you land at the airport they make you hand over any fish sauce you might be carrying.

Anyway, I had pepper chicken hot pot and it was god damn delish.

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2010 11:51 AM

That's retarded. Is there a reason for that, like did someone have an allergic reaction 25 years ago and now no one can have it, or do you have absolutely no idea? Hah.

Strange, because between China's and Japan's sections, there were at least fifty different bottles of the stuff. YOU'D THINK IT WAS POPULAR OR SUMTHIN', SHEESH

Zhukov Jul 13th, 2010 10:57 PM

Quarantine, son. All that Chinese fish sauce could get tipped into a river somewhere and contaminate the delicate ecosystem of fishes we have or something.

I suppose banned may (or may not) be a slightly loaded term to use; it's not as if we have gangs of men armed with axes destroying crates of fish sauce found at the wharf hidden under boxes of mince pies. But you can't get any in shops and They DO hassle you at the airport for it. It's on the prohibited list, let's leave it at that.

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2010 11:00 PM

BAH FUCK QUARNATINE. That movie sucks.

One could make their own fish sauce I suppose.