I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Schizophrenia (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704322)

Tadao Mar 9th, 2010 06:41 PM

Schizophrenia

I'm watching a documentary on 2nd Life and there was something that really peeked my interests. Some dude made a virtual reality simulator on schizophrenia.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/welcome...ych/index.html

I'm probably gonna follow the instructions and sign up for free trial to see this, but the reason why it hits home is because my youngest brother caught crazy.

I was the first one to find him deaded.

I hate you fags.

The Leader Mar 9th, 2010 09:02 PM

:(

Fathom Zero Mar 9th, 2010 09:28 PM

:lol good jokes, tadao!!!!!!!

Sam Mar 9th, 2010 09:33 PM

god you are like a broken record sometimes :rolleyes

Supafly345 Mar 10th, 2010 09:53 AM

The cancer of mental disorders =(

Tadao Mar 10th, 2010 11:31 AM

The only downside is signing up for 2nd life. I wish he made a java version.

executioneer Mar 10th, 2010 10:02 PM

i'd rather have schizophrenia than play second life

Pentegarn Mar 10th, 2010 10:03 PM

In all seriousness, I want to know what you find out about it as a matter of interest. My GF was all about Second Life and she might find it interesting

Evil Robot Mar 10th, 2010 10:25 PM

Theres no more gambling on SL so its now useless.

Tadao Mar 11th, 2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 675654)
In all seriousness, I want to know what you find out about it as a matter of interest. My GF was all about Second Life and she might find it interesting

Pentegarn Mar 12th, 2010 12:14 AM

That's both disturbing and depressing

Fathom Zero Mar 12th, 2010 12:37 AM

Holy shit, that's nuts.

kahljorn Mar 12th, 2010 08:16 AM

that sorta reminsd me of when i did hells bells :O

Zhukov Mar 12th, 2010 10:57 AM

Scary stuff. :\

VaporTrailx1 Mar 13th, 2010 10:54 PM

that's why i stay away from second life

Babs Mar 22nd, 2010 03:43 PM

reminds me of when I said goodbye to myself

ZeldaQueen Mar 23rd, 2010 01:14 AM

Shouldn't have watched that video at one in the morning... :hypno

executioneer Mar 23rd, 2010 01:24 AM

i liked that video better when it was call of cthulhu: dark corners of the earth

Tadao May 1st, 2010 01:41 AM

Going to do the NAMI walk tomorrow. I hope a freak doesn't decide I look like the devil and try to conquer me by eating my dick.

Sethomas Jun 9th, 2010 11:23 PM

I'm doing fine, but I had to edit out personal information because people who are more psychotic than I ever was decided to read this.

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2010 12:19 AM

I read everything you write intently, Seth.

But what compelled you to write so much?

Tadao Jun 10th, 2010 12:24 AM

I used to take way too much acid and for about a year straight, I believed I had the power to read minds. I would have interesting conversations with people all the time and they never knew it. :O

Pentegarn Jun 10th, 2010 06:28 AM

Seth's post is interesting. It makes you question the whole mental health system.

How many cases are needlessly medicated? Was Seth the exception or is his case perhaps part of a much more common problem?

If it is the latter, it is a frightening concept.

kahljorn Jun 10th, 2010 07:12 AM

I don't know if its a common problem per se but there are diseases which are thought to be induced by the psychologist through basically the power of suggestion/being in a distressed state. Multiple personalities is I think an example of this from what i remember.

there's like an article on wikipedia about iatrogenic mental illnesses:
Quote:

In psychology, iatrogenesis can occur due to misdiagnosis (including diagnosis with a false condition as was the case of hystero-epilepsy[3]). Conditions hypothesized as partially or completely iatrogenic include bipolar disorder,[4] dissociative identity disorder,[3][5] fibromyalgia,[6] somatoform disorder,[7] chronic fatigue syndrome,[7] posttraumatic stress disorder,[8] substance abuse,[9] antisocial youths[10] and others,[11] though research is equivocal for each condition.[citation needed] The degree of association of any particular condition with iatrogenesis is unclear and in some cases controversial. The over-diagnosis of psychological conditions (with the assignment of mental illness terminology) may relate primarily to clinician dependence on subjective criteria.[citation needed] The assignment of pathological nomenclature is rarely a benign process and can easily rise to the level of emotional iatrogenesis, especially when no alternatives outside of the diagnostic naming process have been considered
:lol antisocial youths

plus this isn't even counting the people who aren't really that bad but just want to get free awesome drugs like ativan or less awesome drugs like xanax.

Chojin Jun 10th, 2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 677560)
i liked that video better when it was call of cthulhu: dark corners of the earth

yeah, i was gonna say it's like silent hill, only it came like 8 years later and somehow looks worse