I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OMNI MMA Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701084)

MattJack Aug 13th, 2008 03:23 PM

SUFFER

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 09:33 PM

Woah, Nelly! Get a load of this here news:

http://www.fightticker.com/story_090..._couture_notes

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 09:37 PM

Also, everyone's favorite (not mine!) youtube baby is set to face off against a well over the hill Ken Shamrock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...ard-in-October

Pentegarn Sep 2nd, 2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 577182)
Also, everyone's favorite (not mine!) youtube baby is set to face off against a well over the hill Ken Shamrock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...ard-in-October

Yes, but where is the lion tamer and the trapeze artist?

pac-man Sep 2nd, 2008 10:53 PM

The hype will hold up that circus tent all on its own.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2008 11:02 PM

I'm sorry, but every time I look at this thread's title, I think of WhiteRat's Spider Fights.

http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21737

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 11:20 PM

Ha, that was already 2 years ago. Time flies when you're huffing spray paint!

Angryhydralisk Sep 4th, 2008 12:03 PM

I have yet to see Kimbo fight, but I seen Brazilian people maul some americans recently.

And one of the funniest UFC PPVs ever, with a nordic viking fighting a french-african in the most laughable fight ever.

Oh, and somebody FINALLY gets Tito Ortiz laying on his back and punching the shit out of him. And Tito retired! AWESOME!

Pentegarn Sep 4th, 2008 08:59 PM

I call it a circus, but I admit I will likely go out of my way to see Shamrock beat Kimbo (because I think Shamrock will beat Kimbo)

pac-man Sep 4th, 2008 09:48 PM

Shamrock takes a dive and his payday, the legend of Kimbo Slice grows, and MMA purists shit themselves knowing the next big fight will be former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar getting an undeserved title bout against Randy Coutre.

And if that does turn out to be the case, it's still not as fraudulent as boxing.

WhiteRat Sep 4th, 2008 11:49 PM

Why must people always refer to Lesnar as a pro wrestling champion? The dude was a beast in college, winning a Juco and NCAA heavyweight championship. People fail to remember that he has legitimate wrestling skills. I'm a huge Lesnar fan, although I'll admit that he doesn't deserve a title shot at this point.

pac-man Sep 5th, 2008 01:47 AM

Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance? I'm well aware of Lesnar's wrestling background. I'm also well aware of his MMA background. How being a talented wrestler makes him more legitimate than a talented striker like Kimbo befuddles me. A one trick pony is a one trick pony. (Real) Wrestling doesn't involve striking or submission. They're both circus attractions when compared with the better schooled mixed martial artists of their respective leagues. It's all about what sells. Shamrock vs. Couture (who've never fought) would be a better fight than either of these fights we're being force fed.

Pentegarn Sep 5th, 2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 577844)
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance?

Obviously, you haven't read the NCAA thread at all :lol

When it comes to Minnesota, WhiteRat is all up ons

WhiteRat Sep 5th, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 577844)
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance? I'm well aware of Lesnar's wrestling background. I'm also well aware of his MMA background. How being a talented wrestler makes him more legitimate than a talented striker like Kimbo befuddles me. A one trick pony is a one trick pony. (Real) Wrestling doesn't involve striking or submission. They're both circus attractions when compared with the better schooled mixed martial artists of their respective leagues. It's all about what sells. Shamrock vs. Couture (who've never fought) would be a better fight than either of these fights we're being force fed.

Gopher fan or not, people constantly overlook his amateur wrestling abilities. Hell, during his ring entrance against Frank Mir, Buffer announced him as the former WWE Champion. If you don't think his amatuer wrestling credentials don't bring any sort of credibility to his ground and pound, well, I guess I can't convince you any more. Sure, keeping Herring in a fetal position and dropping some knees into him may not be the most exciting fight but it gets the job done.

Like I said, I don't think he deserves a title shot at this point. I was impressed with his first 3 fights but as we all saw against Frank Mir, he has a lot of work to do. The raw potential is there, it'll just take time for him to really tap into it.

And Pentagarn....SKI U MAH!

pac-man Sep 5th, 2008 04:44 PM

All good points. We'll have to see how he develops. His sojourns into the WWE and the NFL set him back. He's a beast of a specimen, his amateur record speaks for itself, and he's certainly showed more mat acumen than Kimbo (who is also a beast). But, like I said, at this point they're both more sizzle than steak.

Pentegarn Sep 7th, 2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 577970)
And Pentagarn....SKI U MAH!

I actually had to go look that up :lol

pac-man Sep 10th, 2008 01:31 AM

I know I'm late with this, but just in case anyone missed it:

MattJack Sep 10th, 2008 01:43 AM

I'm gonna take Shamrock by sub in Round 2. Either Shamrock subs him or Shamrock gets knocked out. It won't go the distance.

Also, after Chuck got exposed by Rampage.. Chuck hasn't been the same since. He was always a one trick pony, but he was fu*king amazing with that one trick. Rashad did a lot of lay n prey that match, and it paid off big time. Now he has a title shot against Forrest, yawn.

El Blanco Sep 10th, 2008 05:05 PM

That match was supposed to match styles that favored Lidell. Despite what we saw against him and Salmon, Evans is a wrestler. He was an All American at Michigan State.

Chuck totally fell for his fake and got railed in the middle of his counter punch.

I don't think Griffin is going to go down like that. He's been a beast since he lost to Jardine.

Then again, I gave Griffin no chance against Rampage, either.

MattJack Sep 10th, 2008 06:48 PM

Griffin will beat Rashad.

pac-man Sep 10th, 2008 06:56 PM

Speaking of Rampage, anybody heard anything about his case?

pac-man Oct 4th, 2008 09:07 PM

Looks like Kimbo will be going 4-0. Shamrock can't fight due to a cut over his left eye that required 6 stitches.

pac-man Oct 4th, 2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 584826)
Looks like Kimbo will be going 4-0. Shamrock can't fight due to a cut over his left eye that required 6 stitches.

Looks like I was wrong. It may be getting close to midnight for the YouTube Cinderella.

Sam Oct 5th, 2008 02:21 AM

Kimbo went down in FOURTEEN SECONDS. It was amazing.

WhiteRat Oct 5th, 2008 07:36 AM

I hear Vince McMahon calling!