I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OMNI MMA Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701084)

pac-man May 31st, 2008 10:34 PM

EliteXC Saturday Night Fights

Anybody else watching this? Gina "Crush from American Gladiators" Carano just put a beating on Kaitlin Young, marking the first time I've seen a women's MMA match.

All-in-all, a good event so far. Of course I just tuned in to see Kimbo Slice knock this giant on his ass.

Does anybody think MMA has supplanted boxing as America's combat sport of choice?

WhiteRat May 31st, 2008 10:49 PM

Kimbo Slice would be the only reason why i'd even want to watch EliteXC. I've never heard of the organization before, much the guys fighting in it.

I think MMA has eclipsed boxing at least for the under 40 crowd. All of the bars around here are packed for UFC fights, with most of them charging various cover charges. It's not unusual to show up an hour and a half before an event only to find the bar to be standing room only.

pac-man May 31st, 2008 11:02 PM

Not a lot of notable fighters in EliteXC, but the fights have been good-- a lot of boxing, front/side/roundhouse kicks, and with a pinch of wrestling and ground pounding. Definitely suited for Kimbo's style.

Yeah, I'd agree with the under 40 demographic being big on MMA. Boxing (especially the heavyweights) has just suffered so many woes over the last decade-plus, and for every Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton championship bout, you get a dozen complete let downs.

pac-man May 31st, 2008 11:43 PM

Well, EliteXC just showed how much they want Kimbo to succeed. James Thompson was winning on my card, but a third round flurry of punches by Kimbo (that popped Thompson's cauliflower ear) led to a stoppage. Thompson wasn't even about to go down.

I'm all about Kimbo being big time, but make him earn it.

Dirge Jun 1st, 2008 05:43 AM

Gary Shaw is awful. Business degree from WWE or what?

Dana White went to bed laughing i know it.

oh well Pulver vs Faber will cheer me up.

WhiteRat Jun 1st, 2008 12:42 PM

Yeah, i read that Thompson won the first 2 rounds 10-9 and that when the fight was stopped the announcers yelled "horrible stoppage!". I saw a clip of Thompson landed over a dozen uncontested elbows right to Kimbo's dome piece. I like Kimbo's story but last night's fight clearly showed that he's not this unstoppable machine that the media portrays him to be.

Kybo Ren Jun 2nd, 2008 08:26 PM

Frank Shamrock is the elitexc VC? fuck that noise.
Kimbo needs some endurance- He looked like he knew he might've bit of more than he could chew, but was gonna swallow anyway! he also seemed more unsure of himself than his other fights, not drunk enough?

pac-man Jun 2nd, 2008 09:14 PM

Maybe not hungry enough. He's been exalted since before his debut... too many ESPN features and Cage Potato videos may have him believing his own hype.

WhiteRat Jun 2nd, 2008 09:20 PM

Or maybe he's just not as good as people make him out to be?

pac-man Jun 2nd, 2008 09:21 PM

WhiteRat Jun 2nd, 2008 10:31 PM

I had no clue that Butterbean fought in MMA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqRFI...eature=related

pac-man Jun 3rd, 2008 02:40 AM

This is either the Samuel Adams talking, or the best idea ever:

Kimbo Slice, Butterbean Esch, Tank Abbott, Mike Tyson, Akebono, and the Big Show in WWE's elimination chamber match. Make it a huge purse and promise the winner that they'd get their dignity back. I guarantee somebody would die in that ring.

Pentegarn Jun 3rd, 2008 11:33 PM

I have a few coworkers who are in the low rank MMA local circuit and they all to a man agree that Kimbo is not what they hype says he is. They just call him a big man who hits really hard and that a submission fighter would have him down in under 30 seconds. As for me, I don't watch it but from what I heard about it i really didn't want to. I am not really up for seeing an undrained, puss-filled injury get splattered onto the first row by a punch that made it rupture.

Dirge Jun 4th, 2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 558899)
This is either the Samuel Adams talking, or the best idea ever:

Kimbo Slice, Butterbean Esch, Tank Abbott, Mike Tyson, Akebono, and the Big Show in WWE's elimination chamber match. Make it a huge purse and promise the winner that they'd get their dignity back. I guarantee somebody would die in that ring.

ugh no no no no

kimbo is getting better but no matter what bas teaches him he's 32.

pulver/faber-great
torres/jap-awesome!

pac-man Jun 4th, 2008 08:28 AM

It's hard to gauge just how much better he's actually gotten. He's won all of fights doing the same thing he did in the backyard videos. He certainly wouldn't be 3-0 if he went to UFC instead of the minor leagues.

McClain Jun 4th, 2008 09:41 AM

Slice gets press because his path to MMA is unlike any other fighter. The fact that he looks scary as shit lends to the story. He'll cut his teeth on washouts and low-rated fighters then he'll get his introduction to UFC. It'll happen. Too much money involved to NOT let him get a shot, regardless of White's no-nonsense management. We'll see how Slice does when he gets there.

MattJack Jun 4th, 2008 12:55 PM

Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another
Frye\Takayama :\

WhiteRat Jun 4th, 2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 559094)
Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another

Very well said. The guy is going to be in for a rude wake-up call if (probably more so when) he cracks into UFC.

pac-man Jun 4th, 2008 09:05 PM

I don't know how much ProElite is paying Kimbo, but think about this: with his age (34), marketability, and sense of humor (made evident by the "What Would Kimbo Do" videos and his talk show appearances) would anybody be suprised if he decided to go to the WWE? My elimination cage match idea was a drunken rambling, but it made me think:

Would Vince McMahon be willing to shill out good money to get Kimbo on his team? And would Kimbo do it?

WhiteRat Jun 4th, 2008 09:17 PM

Yes and for the right amount of money yes. Now that you mention it, he's perfect for WWE since he basically is one big circus act.

Kybo Ren Jun 5th, 2008 01:51 AM

Kimbo in WWE? He looked like he had to keep himself in check on saturday, in WWF he'd get pissed and do a real number on some loudmouth jackass. Don't matter what Vince pays, can't see Kimbo working for the monkey grinder.

WWE-stupid treehuggers and their lawyers! if it wasn't for those fucks we could see the real fight:

Kimbo Slice VS Kangaroo

I've always wanted to see Butterbean take down a bear or a gorilla too.

Dirge Jun 5th, 2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 559094)

i agree with that. wandy murdered Jardine. Kimbo wouldnt have any idea what to do with him or anyone in that class...

MattJack Jun 5th, 2008 03:05 PM

I think Kimbo will stick with MMA until he gets a few hardcore losses under his belt, and then he'll go to the WWE where he'll become the new leader of a new Nation of Domination, fued with DX, find out he's the Rock's son, and then have some type of beard shave/grow match with Vince McMahon for the main event of Summer Slam.

I think Wandy vs. Kimbo would be bad ass because they are both brawlers, only Wandy has more training/fights under his belt. Kimbo has a chin of steel though, so it would basically be a slobber knocker of epic proportions. I secretly think Kimbo would win if they just decided to stand and bang.

Jardine confuses me. He confuses me the same way weather confuses me, but only he's much more ugly than any natural disaster that I've ever seen or read about. He looks like the baby of Anton Szandor LaVey and Steven Buscemi, but uglier and less cool.

Jardine knocks Forrest Griffin the hell out like Griffin owed him money, but then gets absolutely demolished by Houston Alexander. Alexander had I think two or three fights under his belt in MMA, but managed to hurt the entire Jardine family's feelings by brutally knocking Keith the *u*k out via knees to the face. Oh I forgot to mention that fight lasted roughly two minutes?

Fast forward to Jardine's next opponent, Chucky Liddell. Chuck had just lost his title and Keith had just got his sh*t pushed in. The UFC decided to feed their most popular title holder in history an Ultimate Fighter (tv series)contestant, hmm who could possibly win? Fuckin' Jardine does. It was a decision win, but none the less a win over one of the most popular and feared men in the UFC.

What happens next in the Jardine story?

Jardine fights Wandy (whom Chuck beat, so by my MMA math calculations that's Jardine>Chuck>Wandy.)and lasts about as long as me during my first time having sex (roughly 60 seconds). It was probably one of the more brutal knock outs I have seen in MMA to boot. You can see Jardine on the mat with his arms straight out next to his side, fists clinched, legs straight out, and eyes in the back of his head. He looked like he was auditioning to be a plank on a boat for the Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Dirge Jun 6th, 2008 06:28 AM

Kimbo is going to WWE. Start taking odds now.

Jardine cant take the heavy hands. Forrest doesnt have that. Houston sure does. The Chuck fight would blow a whole in this theory but if u watch it, all he does is leg kick, leg kick, leg kick, and Chuck never has a chance to counter punch. i think he catches him once? Then Wandi doesnt even give him a chance to play that. he just breaks his foot off in his ass. Plus "The Dean's" a sloucher and no sloucher ever wins anything...

SUFFER Aug 13th, 2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 559299)

What happens next in the Jardine story?

Jardine fights Wandy (whom Chuck beat, so by my MMA math calculations that's Jardine>Chuck>Wandy.)and lasts about as long as me during my first time having sex (roughly 60 seconds). It was probably one of the more brutal knock outs I have seen in MMA to boot. You can see Jardine on the mat with his arms straight out next to his side, fists clinched, legs straight out, and eyes in the back of his head. He looked like he was auditioning to be a plank on a boat for the Pirates Of The Caribbean.

YEAH

MattJack Aug 13th, 2008 03:23 PM

SUFFER

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 09:33 PM

Woah, Nelly! Get a load of this here news:

http://www.fightticker.com/story_090..._couture_notes

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 09:37 PM

Also, everyone's favorite (not mine!) youtube baby is set to face off against a well over the hill Ken Shamrock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...ard-in-October

Pentegarn Sep 2nd, 2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 577182)
Also, everyone's favorite (not mine!) youtube baby is set to face off against a well over the hill Ken Shamrock:

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/stor...ard-in-October

Yes, but where is the lion tamer and the trapeze artist?

pac-man Sep 2nd, 2008 10:53 PM

The hype will hold up that circus tent all on its own.

Fathom Zero Sep 2nd, 2008 11:02 PM

I'm sorry, but every time I look at this thread's title, I think of WhiteRat's Spider Fights.

http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21737

WhiteRat Sep 2nd, 2008 11:20 PM

Ha, that was already 2 years ago. Time flies when you're huffing spray paint!

Angryhydralisk Sep 4th, 2008 12:03 PM

I have yet to see Kimbo fight, but I seen Brazilian people maul some americans recently.

And one of the funniest UFC PPVs ever, with a nordic viking fighting a french-african in the most laughable fight ever.

Oh, and somebody FINALLY gets Tito Ortiz laying on his back and punching the shit out of him. And Tito retired! AWESOME!

Pentegarn Sep 4th, 2008 08:59 PM

I call it a circus, but I admit I will likely go out of my way to see Shamrock beat Kimbo (because I think Shamrock will beat Kimbo)

pac-man Sep 4th, 2008 09:48 PM

Shamrock takes a dive and his payday, the legend of Kimbo Slice grows, and MMA purists shit themselves knowing the next big fight will be former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar getting an undeserved title bout against Randy Coutre.

And if that does turn out to be the case, it's still not as fraudulent as boxing.

WhiteRat Sep 4th, 2008 11:49 PM

Why must people always refer to Lesnar as a pro wrestling champion? The dude was a beast in college, winning a Juco and NCAA heavyweight championship. People fail to remember that he has legitimate wrestling skills. I'm a huge Lesnar fan, although I'll admit that he doesn't deserve a title shot at this point.

pac-man Sep 5th, 2008 01:47 AM

Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance? I'm well aware of Lesnar's wrestling background. I'm also well aware of his MMA background. How being a talented wrestler makes him more legitimate than a talented striker like Kimbo befuddles me. A one trick pony is a one trick pony. (Real) Wrestling doesn't involve striking or submission. They're both circus attractions when compared with the better schooled mixed martial artists of their respective leagues. It's all about what sells. Shamrock vs. Couture (who've never fought) would be a better fight than either of these fights we're being force fed.

Pentegarn Sep 5th, 2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 577844)
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance?

Obviously, you haven't read the NCAA thread at all :lol

When it comes to Minnesota, WhiteRat is all up ons

WhiteRat Sep 5th, 2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 577844)
Hmm... you're not a Golden Gophers fan by any chance? I'm well aware of Lesnar's wrestling background. I'm also well aware of his MMA background. How being a talented wrestler makes him more legitimate than a talented striker like Kimbo befuddles me. A one trick pony is a one trick pony. (Real) Wrestling doesn't involve striking or submission. They're both circus attractions when compared with the better schooled mixed martial artists of their respective leagues. It's all about what sells. Shamrock vs. Couture (who've never fought) would be a better fight than either of these fights we're being force fed.

Gopher fan or not, people constantly overlook his amateur wrestling abilities. Hell, during his ring entrance against Frank Mir, Buffer announced him as the former WWE Champion. If you don't think his amatuer wrestling credentials don't bring any sort of credibility to his ground and pound, well, I guess I can't convince you any more. Sure, keeping Herring in a fetal position and dropping some knees into him may not be the most exciting fight but it gets the job done.

Like I said, I don't think he deserves a title shot at this point. I was impressed with his first 3 fights but as we all saw against Frank Mir, he has a lot of work to do. The raw potential is there, it'll just take time for him to really tap into it.

And Pentagarn....SKI U MAH!

pac-man Sep 5th, 2008 04:44 PM

All good points. We'll have to see how he develops. His sojourns into the WWE and the NFL set him back. He's a beast of a specimen, his amateur record speaks for itself, and he's certainly showed more mat acumen than Kimbo (who is also a beast). But, like I said, at this point they're both more sizzle than steak.

Pentegarn Sep 7th, 2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 577970)
And Pentagarn....SKI U MAH!

I actually had to go look that up :lol

pac-man Sep 10th, 2008 01:31 AM

I know I'm late with this, but just in case anyone missed it:

MattJack Sep 10th, 2008 01:43 AM

I'm gonna take Shamrock by sub in Round 2. Either Shamrock subs him or Shamrock gets knocked out. It won't go the distance.

Also, after Chuck got exposed by Rampage.. Chuck hasn't been the same since. He was always a one trick pony, but he was fu*king amazing with that one trick. Rashad did a lot of lay n prey that match, and it paid off big time. Now he has a title shot against Forrest, yawn.

El Blanco Sep 10th, 2008 05:05 PM

That match was supposed to match styles that favored Lidell. Despite what we saw against him and Salmon, Evans is a wrestler. He was an All American at Michigan State.

Chuck totally fell for his fake and got railed in the middle of his counter punch.

I don't think Griffin is going to go down like that. He's been a beast since he lost to Jardine.

Then again, I gave Griffin no chance against Rampage, either.

MattJack Sep 10th, 2008 06:48 PM

Griffin will beat Rashad.

pac-man Sep 10th, 2008 06:56 PM

Speaking of Rampage, anybody heard anything about his case?

pac-man Oct 4th, 2008 09:07 PM

Looks like Kimbo will be going 4-0. Shamrock can't fight due to a cut over his left eye that required 6 stitches.

pac-man Oct 4th, 2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 584826)
Looks like Kimbo will be going 4-0. Shamrock can't fight due to a cut over his left eye that required 6 stitches.

Looks like I was wrong. It may be getting close to midnight for the YouTube Cinderella.

Sam Oct 5th, 2008 02:21 AM

Kimbo went down in FOURTEEN SECONDS. It was amazing.

WhiteRat Oct 5th, 2008 07:36 AM

I hear Vince McMahon calling!

Sam Oct 5th, 2008 01:49 PM

Yeah, he could have an MMA fight with the Big Show at the next Wrestlemania. :rolleyes

WhiteRat Oct 5th, 2008 02:30 PM

Here's the fight if anyone wants to see this hack go down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4GfOJ9Q7U

MattJack Oct 5th, 2008 05:09 PM

Shamrock must be crying about all the money he lost

Sam Oct 5th, 2008 06:10 PM

Freaking Shamrock.

Pentegarn Oct 5th, 2008 07:47 PM

Imma go all Dennis Green and say Slice is who we thought he was :D

Sam Oct 6th, 2008 12:24 AM

"KIMBO SLICE, I'M COMING FOR YOU NIG*A!!"

WhiteRat Oct 6th, 2008 12:50 AM

:lol

El Blanco Oct 6th, 2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 584966)
Imma go all Dennis Green and say Slice is who we thought he was :D

Well, his ass certainly got crowned.

And it was really cool how Carano actually made weight for this fight and tried to make it look like something other than a sideshow.

MattJack Oct 6th, 2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 585147)
And it was really cool how Carano actually made weight for this fight and tried to make it look like something other than a sideshow.

Yeah I agree.

Kinda wished she was a pound or two over again though. I mean the last time she was a pound or so over she just got naked and weighed in. Which I certainly didn't have a problem with.

Sam Oct 6th, 2008 02:44 PM

I wish she was naked more often. :(

El Blanco Oct 6th, 2008 04:55 PM

She wasn't naked. that was just for show. I saw the video and it was creepy.

I also love the fake bullshit between Shamrock and Ferguson (he no longer gets a nickname). Like they ever gave a damn about each other. Hell, Shamrock didn't even show up to the fight.

pac-man Oct 6th, 2008 04:58 PM

EliteXC themselves have to be reeling from this. They were bush league from the start and now that their biggest draw has been exposed I would not be surprised to see them slowly fade back into obscurity.

El Blanco Oct 6th, 2008 05:11 PM

I think they'll hold on just long enough to sign Ortiz to a redonkulous contract. They'll probably have him fight the likes of Michael Westbrook and Johnny Morton.

pac-man Oct 6th, 2008 05:15 PM

Those don't sound like fights that are gonna put butts in seats.

MattJack Oct 6th, 2008 06:12 PM

EliteXC = Elite Extreme Cans

Their biggest draws are all cans. Shamrock, Ortiz, Canbo Slice, Gyna, and now that Seth fella.

MattJack Oct 6th, 2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

She wasn't naked. that was just for show. I saw the video and it was creepy.
I know, but I have a powerful imagination :(

El Blanco Oct 6th, 2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 585326)
Those don't sound like fights that are gonna put butts in seats.

And your alternative is...

pac-man Oct 6th, 2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 585359)
And your alternative is...

Slice/Petruzelli rematch, duh! :(

El Blanco Oct 6th, 2008 08:08 PM

You get one of those. And it shouldn't even be a headliner.

Maybe if Ortiz agrees to fight as a heavy weight, you can get him vs Ferguson. But thats at least a year away.

Who else? Actually fighting 50 year old Ken Shamrock? Hell, let's bring Dan Sevren out of retirement.

WhiteRat Oct 21st, 2008 02:14 AM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...exc/index.html

pac-man Oct 21st, 2008 02:21 AM

Wow. I mean, I figured this day would come, but so soon? What is to become of my beloved "Conviction" Carano?

WhiteRat Oct 21st, 2008 02:24 AM

I 'spect she'll be sitting on my face sometime 'round noon.

In honor of the great EliteXC and their ridiculous pimping of a hack fighter, I say we should keep all MMA talk in this thread forever and ever.

pac-man Oct 21st, 2008 02:25 AM

Lucky bastard. Looks like Red Alert 3 and American Gladiators reruns for me.

EDIT: I second WR's suggestion. Let us never forget.

Pentegarn Oct 21st, 2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 589384)

I am sure when asked, Kimbo Slice will bellow "It's all good!" about it :lol

MattJack Oct 21st, 2008 10:45 AM

:lol

Who didn't see the FAIL of EXC coming? I mean they shelled out so much money it was just stupid.

On the other hand I wish that UFC did have some nice competition, or if they got rid of Dana White.

Gyna is hot, buttttt as much as she loses and gains weight I bet she ain't that AMAZING when all the clothes come off :x

I'd still slam it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbo
HULK HOGAN, I'M COMING FOR YOU NIG*A!!

Sam Oct 21st, 2008 10:55 AM

LOOKS LIKE IT'S WWE FOR OL' KIMBO. :rolleyes

MattJack Oct 21st, 2008 11:15 AM

Yuppppp.

I think this should be the OMNIMMA THREAD now as well.

WhiteRat Oct 21st, 2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 589412)
LOOKS LIKE IT'S WWE FOR OL' KIMBO. :rolleyes

I know we've joked around about this before, but would he really be able to pull this off? The guy has ABSOLUTELY no mic skills.

Maybe if they had Harvey Whippleman as his manager he'd work out.

pac-man Oct 21st, 2008 12:02 PM

I'd tune in to see what they do with him, but the way wrestling's been since 1999 or so I'm sure it would be botched all to hell. He has personality and can talk, the What Would Kimbo Do? videos are evidence of that.

If I were Mr. Slice, I'd acknowledge that my fifteen minutes are up, roll around in all the money I made, and spare my brain anymore damage.

El Blanco Oct 21st, 2008 12:13 PM

And hang around with porn stars.

I'm sure those promotions that run out of Indian casinos will take him.

Hell, maybe they'll put him up against Carano.

WhiteRat Oct 25th, 2008 01:20 AM

I saw Kimbo on PTI and other than his cussing, he seemed stiffer than Pac-Man's johnson during a Carano fight.

Sam Oct 25th, 2008 01:39 AM

I get stiff during every Carano fight. :(

WhiteRat Oct 25th, 2008 02:57 AM

How long till she appears in Playboy?

pac-man Oct 25th, 2008 02:58 AM

How about now-ish?

El Blanco Oct 25th, 2008 08:41 AM

Na, she's gotta do a celebrity reality show and/or a few b-movies first.

I'll set the over/under at 3 years.

WhiteRat Nov 13th, 2008 05:31 PM

Lesnar/Couture takes place this saturday night. Any guesses on who's going to win?

As much I like Lesnar I think that his inexperience will be his downfall and Couture will win by judge's decision.

pac-man Nov 13th, 2008 08:00 PM

I agree... Coutre wins on points.

MattJack Nov 14th, 2008 11:27 AM

Brock is a beast. He is just a giant human, butttt I think Captain America's experience will come in handy.

I'm taking Captain America via submission 2nd rd even though most people are taking Brock by TKO.

Sam Nov 14th, 2008 04:12 PM

Couture has fought tougher dudes, I am sure he knows what to expect from Lesnar. He'll submit him with noooooo problem.

pac-man Nov 16th, 2008 11:18 AM

Looks like Brock pulled off the upset. Wish I had seen the fight.

McClain Nov 16th, 2008 12:37 PM

No UFC talk in an EliteXC thread. Nono!

Pentegarn Nov 16th, 2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McClain (Post 594437)
No UFC talk in an EliteXC thread. Nono!

I wondered what was going here on myself :lol

WhiteRat Nov 16th, 2008 11:33 PM

I thought we were going to use this thread as the universal MMA thread, in honor of the late great Elite XC?

pac-man Nov 16th, 2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 594527)
I thought we were going to use this thread as the universal MMA thread, in honor of the late great Elite XC?

That was my understanding as well.

Quote:

In honor of the great EliteXC and their ridiculous pimping of a hack fighter, I say we should keep all MMA talk in this thread forever and ever.

Sam Nov 17th, 2008 12:43 AM

Yeah, this is the MMA Omnithread, as I think Mattjack put it.

MattJack Nov 17th, 2008 04:51 PM

Well I got the 2nd round right... :lol

Brock is a beasssttt of a human being. Doesn't mean his all that great of a fight :\

Not hating on him, he just needs more exp imho.

MattJack Nov 18th, 2008 10:33 AM

OMNI MMA Thread

No more confusion. General MMA blabber goes in here.

If we can get the EliteXC thread merged in here that would be great.

Sam Nov 18th, 2008 10:40 AM

Why didn't you just get Pac-Man to rename the EliteXC thread? :(

pac-man Nov 18th, 2008 11:24 AM

I totally would've done it.

McClain Nov 18th, 2008 01:08 PM

UFC 92

Griffin v Evans
Prediction: My only prediction is that it will go to decision.

Mir v Nog
Prediction: Nog brings out Mir's Tears. Nog in round 2 by submission.

Silva v Jackson
Prediction: The Axe Murderer manhandles Rampage. Ref stoppage in round 1.

Okami v Lister
Prediction: Lister folds him up like fried rangoon. 3rd round submission by Lister.

UFC 93

Franklin v Henderson
Prediction: This one goes to Henderson via 3rd quarter nod by the judges. Split.

Coleman v Rua
Shogun is going to beat the action figure senseless. 1st round KO. Which will be a shame, 'cause I like Coleman. The Hammer will resort to scripted wrestling in Japan after this loss.

UFC 94

Penn v. GSP
Prediction: I don't care who wins, I just want to see a great fight - Give me 4.5 rounds of ass kicking that ends w/ a KO or TKO.

Machida v Thiago Silva
Prediction: Lyoto has beat better fighters. I give him the v via 2nd round TKO.

Lesnar vs Mir or Nog
Prediction: Lesnar loses to the UFC 92 victor via submission in the 3rd round.

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

Fedor v Arlovski
Prediction: Fedor KOs Dracula in the 2nd round.

Barnett v ????
Prediction: Doesn't matter who he fights. I bet Babyface assassinates.

Belfort v ????
Prediction:

Babalu v Linland
Prediction: Linland via 2nd round TKO.

Li'l Nog v The Janitor (I'm not even gonna' try and spell his name)
Prediction: Vladimir via decision.