I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Walking Dead season 3. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708834)

TheNunEater Oct 18th, 2012 06:37 AM

The Walking Dead season 3.
 
Just got done watching the first episode. I promise not to spoil anything but I feel like fans of t.v violence can really get behind this one. The first episode alone probably had more gore and over the top violence than the whole last season. Don't get me wrong, I love that shit, but I feel there is a point where it becomes less entertainment and more shock value....which I like too.

Look I don't know what I'm trying to say. More people need to watch this show. It's a great zombie series and the first ever like it on network television. If you you are a true fan on the horror drama genre, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not to check it out. Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix now. If you are in the mood for a solid series, take a look at it. From the looks of 0301 things are about to get a lot bloodier and even more dark in story matter, so now is a great time to catch up and jump on the bandwagon while season 3 is still airing.

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2012 12:33 PM

This show is pretty terrible.

TheNunEater Oct 19th, 2012 04:26 AM

I'm not one to judge anothers taste, but you sir have the taste of spoiled milk.

Mad Melvin Oct 19th, 2012 09:47 AM

No, he's right. It's pretty terrible. The problem with the show is, that on top of gratuitous zombie violence, it tries to be a serious drama. A serious drama with characters that have the personality of an empty shoebox. When you are forced to watch characters like "that old guy", "uh...that blonde chick whatsherface" and "that black guy that does nothing", you really don't give a shit what happens to any of them. The only thing this show has going for it is the gore. Which is top notch. But when you know you have to watch endless droning about relationship problems before you even see any gore, it all becomes very dull, very fast.

King Hadas Oct 19th, 2012 12:06 PM

I thought the first season had it's moments.

Spoilers!

But I agree with Melvin. There's too much marital drama and racial drama and not enough apocalypse drama. The show should be nothing but apocalypse drama.

Tadao Oct 19th, 2012 12:41 PM

Someone here told me before that the comic book is full of drama too. :(

kahljorn Oct 19th, 2012 02:11 PM

THe DRAMA KEePS THE ZOMBieS AWAY

ZOMBIES HATE CRYING

TheNunEater Oct 19th, 2012 04:18 PM

See that is a understandable reason not to like it. I can understand not wanting drama with your gore and zombies, but that is why I am drawn to the show. There aren't to many things in the zombie genre that have complex drama in it. I agree some of the acting is stale, something they improved on a lot in the second season and has got even better in the third. The violence was kind down in the second season, which I hated, but there getting more violent then ever on the third. In the end if you don't think zombies and drama go together, than The Walking Dead isnt going to be your thing. I just like the fresh take on a zombie story I've heard 1000 times before.

Tadao Oct 19th, 2012 04:50 PM

I don't really think that a love triangle counts as complex drama.

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2012 05:50 PM

Thing is, nothing in the show counts as complex drama, and none of the characters are likable. Hell, they barely even act like normal humans would. The gore is essentially the only reason I watch it, but even that's sometimes overshadowed by the extreme stupidity of the characters.

BETTER GET THAT WATERLOGGED ZOMBIE OUT OF THE WELL. HE'S CONTAMINATING THE WATER!

TheNunEater Oct 20th, 2012 01:07 AM

You guys are even making me start to hate the show, for real. That whole zombie in the well shit was dumb as hell. Regardless I will keep watching it. I still think the acting is better than you give it credit for, but maybe that's because I've seen enough b horror movies to know what really terrible acting is. Also Ive invested to much time in it to give up now. I guess I just like to see things through to the end and if this thread is any reflection of the show current reception, won't be long.

Tadao Oct 20th, 2012 02:50 AM

Gore is gore. It's a dime a dozen.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2012 05:59 AM

Oh, I watch it, but it's more because I'm usually bored, sometimes hungover on Sunday nights, and I enjoy both making fun of it and the occasional good scene.

Dimnos Oct 20th, 2012 02:21 PM

I watch it mostly to see how and when they kill characters off compared to the comic. That and the shit that is about to go down in season 3 was fucking awesome in comic.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2012 03:29 PM

The comic is shitty for the exact same reasons, only with greater periods of stagnation. Kirkman is the George Lucas of comic books; he has some good ideas, but he can't write for shit, and his dialogue is fucking atrocious.

Tadao Oct 20th, 2012 03:45 PM

God damit, I wanted to love this show sooooo badly. I even started a thread about it before it came out. I think everyone here was super excited because the concept was awesome.

Then S1EP1 happened http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69705216

TheNunEater Oct 20th, 2012 08:45 PM

Well even if you just watch it to point out how bad it is, you still watch it. Which I think counts for something. I feel there aren't many shows you can claim to hate but still sit down and watch for a whole hour.

Tadao Oct 20th, 2012 08:52 PM

Are you still defending this show?

TheNunEater Oct 21st, 2012 02:40 AM

No I'm done now. No fans here so I'm giving up. You should all go watch Breaking Bad instead. It's better anyway.

Tadao Oct 23rd, 2012 01:32 PM

I've decided to give it another chance from the very begging since I have absolutely no expectations of this being the greatest show ever. I'll probably fast forward through season 1 just so that I know what is happening in 2.

Also am I supposed to watch the webasodes in any kind of order?

Dimnos Oct 23rd, 2012 04:54 PM

Webisodes? That shits for faggots. Just skip season 1, its all that crap you don't like anyway. Season two is still some of that shit but it actually plays out this time around and not so bad. Season 3 is where I'm expecting some cool deaths.

Tadao Oct 23rd, 2012 05:45 PM

I just finished fast forwarding though season 1. Stopping every once in a while to catch up on who loves who. Wow, this shit had less zombies in it than I remembered the first time around. :(

Tadao Oct 23rd, 2012 06:24 PM

So after reviewing season 1 I had a theory on what this show is about. Getting halfway through s2ep1 confirmed it.

The Walking Dead is about how women would die if men didn't take care of them.

All Hail Duke Oct 23rd, 2012 11:20 PM

eh, it's more about how lori (or whatever that dumb broad is called) can't take care of herself, or do anything really
the other women can at the very least use a weapon of some kind, or not crash a car despite being the only person anywhere driving

Dimnos Oct 24th, 2012 02:46 AM

Honestly its more about how it all changes Rick and his boy and to a lesser extent the others as people. Its Lord of the Flies with zombies instead of a ghost pig.

Spoilers!

Tadao Oct 24th, 2012 09:43 AM

So far all I've seen the women do is cry and talk about how we have to go back and save someone.

Zomboid Oct 24th, 2012 06:42 PM

Except that it doesn't happen organically at all, and Lord of the Flies was good.

Edit: That was for Dimnos.

TheNunEater Oct 25th, 2012 03:31 AM

Meh it's a fucking zombie flick, nothing ever happens organically in them. Anyways for now it's the only cable zombie series ever, and I feel that is a positive step in the right direction for more horror series in the future despite it not really being a horror series.

Tadao Oct 25th, 2012 01:56 PM

No, it's a step backwards in horror television series.

HEY GUYS, OUR PLOTS ARE COMMON AND SHITTY BUT IF WE PUT VIOLENCE IN IT, PEOPLE WILL LOOK THE OTHER WAY.

That is everything that is wrong with television. Sex and violence is more important than substance.

Zomboid Oct 25th, 2012 05:29 PM

Bingo. Also, "Meh it's a fucking zombie flick, nothing ever happens organically in them." What? Are you unaware of Romero's Dead trilogy? The dialogue and acting is a bit lacking, but he does more with his characters in the average movie run time than that fucking show has done in two seasons.

Fuck, this is what bothers me with horror movies; people just gladly accept bullshit because they think it's not in its DNA to be anything more than schlock. PEOPLE LIKE YOU, ICE KING. Maybe just go watch Saw 6 instead of trying to argue your point further.

Also, The Talking Dead is the worst thing ever.

Tadao Oct 26th, 2012 02:55 PM

I'm almost at S2ep10

Where is all the gore and zombies? :(

TheNunEater Oct 27th, 2012 03:28 AM

Look sir you no nothing of my taste and and should not pretend that you do because I defend one show that is better than most of the bullshit on cable tv now days. If you don't like it, than that's your opinion but don't get pissed when I defend it.

I stand beside the fact that in the zombie genre most thing don't happen in a natural way. Sure Romero's stuff was great but that was also back when zombies where new and fresh. Unfortunately, that time has long since past and we are left with everything that follows, and the stuff consist of less and less story and more and more gore. In fact that is what the genre has become defined by, not just it but the horror genre in general. That why movies like Saw 6 can even exist and you can suggest it to people that have a different taste than you.

I won't argue that the old horror classics like Night of the Living Dead where amazing and that there something to be missed, but they are relics of a different time. I only a accept what the mainstream has lead us to and there is nothing that you or any one else can do about it. The zombie genre is a saturated and watered down and will always be just like vampires and serieal killers. I mean even old George suffered from the new age changes. Did you not see Diary of the Dead?

Anyway my final point is, you don't have to like the show. The critics and fans more than speak for it and it probably won't end any time soon. Despite how much you may dislike or down right hate the story and acting, it has been nominated for a Golden Globe and Writers Guild of America award, which probably speaks volumes more for it than some dick in a forum. But I insist, keep pretending that you know my taste in film and tv and spouting out bull shit to defend your right to hate a successful and genraly watchable show, that is the American way right? Oh wait.......

By the way, I have never even seen an episode of The Talking Dead (didn't know what that even was until I looked up after you said it) and think all the Saw movies are total shit and I've only seen the first two.

Tadao Oct 27th, 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ice King (Post 763366)
I only a accept what the mainstream has lead us to and there is nothing that you or any one else can do about it.


This line stuck out the most out of that whole 5 paragraph essay in bullshit.

Zomboid Oct 27th, 2012 06:14 PM

lol sir

Tadao Oct 28th, 2012 02:13 PM

This guy is a perfect example of a fan boy. I've had many a things that I love turn into a steaming pile of shit right before my eyes. I've never feverishly defended them and said OH WELL IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING. Fuck this guy and his can't do it attitude.

TheNunEater Oct 28th, 2012 03:35 PM

No fuck you sir. I will voice my opinion regardless on how you feel. Never once did I say that the show turned to shit and that it was better than nothing. You just pull shit out of your ass to try to structure a better argument and when you fail to do that just say "Fuck this guy" like a little teenager who can't come up with any thing better. I know I'm new to this board and that gives some sort of twisted superiority complex, but if calling me a fan boy and saying fuck you is the best you got, then you should probably try a forum like Gamespot, I think you would fit in better with the crowd there.

King Hadas Oct 28th, 2012 04:04 PM

Zomboid - When you said The Talking Dead, I thought you were doing wordplay "walking dead? More like talking dead am I right fellas."

Anyways, I hate it when people use the popularity of something to validate it. We're not arguing whether Walking Dead is popular, we're arguing whether it's good.

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2012 05:14 PM

As a whole, sure its sub par. But that one guy taking a machete to the skull last ep. was pretty cool.

Tadao Oct 28th, 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ice King (Post 763392)
No fuck you sir. I will voice my opinion regardless on how you feel. Never once did I say that the show turned to shit and that it was better than nothing. You just pull shit out of your ass to try to structure a better argument and when you fail to do that just say "Fuck this guy" like a little teenager who can't come up with any thing better. I know I'm new to this board and that gives some sort of twisted superiority complex, but if calling me a fan boy and saying fuck you is the best you got, then you should probably try a forum like Gamespot, I think you would fit in better with the crowd there.

I only a accept that you are a feverish fan boy because the mainstream has lead us view you for what you are and there is nothing that you or any one else can do about it.

Tadao Oct 28th, 2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 763396)
As a whole, sure its sub par. But that one guy taking a machete to the skull last ep. was pretty cool.

Are they doing the whole AMC last 2 episodes are the best thing again. I'm having a hard time loading up S2Ep11 because it's kinda boring me to death.

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2012 06:56 PM

Last ep. aired, I think s3e2. But yeah, best part of s2 was the end. Oh and Shane shooting the fat guy at the very beginning. Just enough at the start to get your hopes up followed by a bunch of pointless crap to fill the season. :\

Tadao Oct 28th, 2012 06:58 PM

Oh, I thought S3Ep1 premiered tonight. :lol

Dimnos Oct 28th, 2012 07:19 PM

No its e3 tonight and it looks like the one handed redneck guy might show back up soon.

Nick Oct 28th, 2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 763161)
The comic is shitty for the exact same reasons, only with greater periods of stagnation. Kirkman is the George Lucas of comic books; he has some good ideas, but he can't write for shit, and his dialogue is fucking atrocious.

I take it you've never read Invincible, huh?

Tadao Oct 29th, 2012 05:49 PM

Playing video games taught me that if you can save bullets, save them. If a zombies are between you and a chain link fence and you can kill them by sticking them in the head with a long pole, why the fuck would you waste 40 bullets shooting them?

Now prisoners are allowed to roam free when one of them is already territorial and threatening?

Also, why hasn't anyone slapped that little fucking piece of shit kid yet?

Just a few of the things that are bugging me today.

Nick Oct 29th, 2012 07:50 PM

To be fair in the comic they locked the prisoner up, and didn't shoot any zombies if they could help it. Every time they would fire a gun it would attract more and more roamers.

Also the kid was slightly less of a cunt. Best part about kids in books is you don't have to actually LISTEN to them.

Zomboid Nov 4th, 2012 11:04 PM

The episode that just aired was legitimately the best episode the show has done. Absolutely gut-wrenching. More like that, The Walking Dead.

Tadao Nov 5th, 2012 11:42 PM

Ok, after reading Zomboids post I was ready to pick apart this episode. Instead I found myself over looking the blatant bullet usage vs. bullets available.

:/

Zomboid Nov 6th, 2012 01:21 AM

The gunplay is something that this show will never do right. Hershel's unlimited shotgun ammo and everyone getting headshots, no matter how tense the situation, will always be glaring errors, to me. Still, I'm hoping this past episode was a sign that the show can get better.

But T-Dawg (ugh) was doomed the second another black male was introduced.

Dimnos Nov 6th, 2012 08:08 PM

You are talking about the one where the gut Lori right? I still prefer her getting gunned down in the yard.

Nick Nov 16th, 2012 03:13 PM

Lori's death in the comic was so much better. They fucked up by deciding not to follow the comic more closely. They've fucked up so many dynamics now that the show just isn't worth watching.

Tadao Dec 3rd, 2012 01:39 PM

Catching up on my Robot Chicken :(



I have 3 Walking Dead on DVR and I back to the same feeling of Season 1. I don't know if I want to watch them. :tear

All Hail Duke Dec 3rd, 2012 03:12 PM

it's been getting better, but it's much tamer than it should be (especially with the governor)

Zomboid Dec 4th, 2012 01:52 AM

New black man in, old black man out.

Nick Dec 4th, 2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Hail Duke (Post 764177)
it's been getting better, but it's much tamer than it should be (especially with the governor)

They really have turned him into a pussy cat compared to the comic one, haven't they?

replicant Dec 5th, 2012 10:56 AM

I have been enjoying the show and I have been enjoying Season 3 immensely. Actually, I have so far liked how they have done the governor. I like the slow build up. Watching him turn into what he is in the comic, what he is capable of doing. That brawl between him and Michonne - I thought David Morrissey really wanted to kill Danira. It was pretty good. It was not cheesy, it was vicious. I think they are doing a good job at giving many of their characters a lot of dimension. However, there are many characters that have not been given or were not given any time to develop - example T-Dog. Tyrese has said more than T-Dog it seems. When you have a variety of people writing for a show, it shows, but I believe the storylines ahve been tighter than True Blood - honestly they are two different shows - but still an example of another show that has variety of writers episode to episode. The midseason break isn't as strong because they offed Lori. They executed the payload a little earlier but it was necessary. Things are going to get more frantic, and I can't wait to see it unfold.

How will things go down because Rick is going nuts sooner than the comic.

Dimnos Dec 5th, 2012 05:30 PM

I thought TDog was supposed to be Tyrese from the comic. Then they killed him for the prison black guy who they then killed for the real Tyrese. They should have just had the real Tyrese show up when he was supposed to and the black prison guy get killed by Rick for trying to kill him instead of the skinny white boy and avoided all this brother swapping from the start. :\

Fuck Lori; she was a dumb bitch. Even though I liked her comic book death better, Im happy they offed her sooner. Im much happier seeing her bleed out on a dirty floor than dumb white trash girl killing herself.

^Is why Rick is going nuts sooner and thats fine. On the bright side, he still has his hand.

Not sure I really like the Governor turning on Merl. It seams like they are trying to set him up to turn good guy when I would much rather see Darrel have to kill him.

I really like Carl a lot better in the show though. He is turning into a pint sized bad ass.

Tadao Dec 5th, 2012 07:27 PM

So you guys are saying I shouldn't watch the last 3 episodes?

Dimnos Dec 5th, 2012 09:02 PM

If you have stuck with it this long, you might as well keep going. :\

Nick Dec 7th, 2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 764239)

I really like Carl a lot better in the show though. He is turning into a pint sized bad ass.

No way, no how. Carl is a stone-cold mother fucker in the comic right now. He just mowed down three guys for fucking with his friends with a rifle.

Also T-dawg should have never been put in the show. They just put him there for the sake of having a black character. They should've introduced Tyrese in season 2 instead.

Dimnos Dec 8th, 2012 03:08 AM

Well, in the comic I have only read up to issue 80 something around the time Rick and the crew took over the DC settlement but before he and Andrea apparently start banging I hear. So I guess I mean Carl is turning into a bad ass a lot quicker in the show.

Nick Dec 8th, 2012 02:18 PM

Yeah for less of a reason as well.

darkvare Dec 8th, 2012 04:20 PM

have you guys played telltale game?

Nick Dec 9th, 2012 04:11 AM

Yes, it's great. Also canon to the comics as well.

Ducttapefury Mar 26th, 2013 12:21 AM

The show gets good, then one or more characters do something stupid and drag things out. It's a vicious cycle. I keep hoping Andrea will get it together and be more like in the comic, but chances are she's going to get Stockholm syndrome for the governor (again?). Anyone watch the episode reviews by MrColionNoir on youtube? I look forward to them as much or more than the show itself.

All Hail Duke Mar 26th, 2013 01:52 PM

nah

i'm a little annoyed that i'm probably going to have to wait til mid season 4 for them to finish the woodberry arc, and it'll be done in a lame way

Tadao Apr 17th, 2013 03:55 PM

I've been half watching the final episode and rewinding it because I just don't care.

It's the Twilight of zombie stories.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.