I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Duke Nuken Forever rises from the grave (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704987)

Tadao Sep 5th, 2010 03:54 AM

Duke Nuken Forever rises from the grave

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...at-pax/1409763

"Take Two Interactive Software pulled off one of the video game world’s biggest surprises Friday, announcing not only that the over-a-decade-in-development first person shooter was nearly finished, but backing that claim up by giving the 150,000 people attending the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle the chance to play the game.

The rest of the world will get its chance in 2011 – on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 04:16 AM

I mentioned this in the other thread, but the true believers at 3D Realms' DNF forum have been claiming that the game would be announced as on track at one gaming convention after another. I figured they'd be peeing their pants in excitement, but it turns out that 3D Realms shut down that particular forum not long after the announcement was made.

I believe that one act was the most DNF-related work the company has done in over a decade.

Spetsnaz Sep 5th, 2010 11:51 AM

My prediction : the new Halo : Gears of Black Ops will crush DNF.

stevetothepast Sep 5th, 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spetsnaz (Post 697133)
My prediction : the new Halo : Gears of Black Ops will crush DNF.

where do you get your material?

Mockery Sep 5th, 2010 04:03 PM

I can't imagine it's gonna do that well. After being hyped and delayed for so long, it probably can't live up to any expectations that people once had for it. Then again, my expectations for it are so low at this point that maybe it'll turn out to be decent. Either way, glad to hear it's gonna finally be released.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 5th, 2010 04:19 PM

Destructoid said it was "actually good". And it's just plain stupid fun and doesn't take itself seriously. Duke's never going to bring up his wife or some shit. If it's an average shooter with good/offensive humor, that's all I want.

Yea, the trailers from the past decade showed some impressive physics and stuff for it's time and it won't have that kind of impact now, but I seriously don't remember Duke Nukem doing anything revolutionary beyond pissing and checking out strippers. It was a decent shooter that was stupid. If Forever's decent and stupid? Mission accomplished.

Dr. Boogie Sep 5th, 2010 05:52 PM

Eh, that was preview talk, though. If a gaming outlet starts talking trash about a game before it's released, that could stop the company from sending them some pre-release review code.

Plus, it was Jim. He likes to mess with the readers.

Spetsnaz Sep 5th, 2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 697144)
where do you get your material?

I usually dig through the Weekly World News' trash heap for material.

On a more serious note, yeah as long as its got the normal Duke Nukem humor and I can blow away Pig Cops, I'll be satisfied. I don't expect the game to cure cancer or even sell well with the under 20 crowd but the nostalgia factor will be enough for a guaranteed buy from me.

Tadao Sep 6th, 2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 697147)
Destructoid said it was "actually good". And it's just plain stupid fun and doesn't take itself seriously. Duke's never going to bring up his wife or some shit. If it's an average shooter with good/offensive humor, that's all I want.

Yea, the trailers from the past decade showed some impressive physics and stuff for it's time and it won't have that kind of impact now, but I seriously don't remember Duke Nukem doing anything revolutionary beyond pissing and checking out strippers. It was a decent shooter that was stupid. If Forever's decent and stupid? Mission accomplished.

Laser trip mines were revolutionary.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 7th, 2010 04:51 AM

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/why-the-...90612486464080

I liked this article.

Phoenix Gamma Sep 8th, 2010 02:31 PM

:lol

The Doctor Sep 8th, 2010 02:58 PM

Hilarious :lol

MarioRPG Sep 8th, 2010 06:19 PM

I still don't think it's going to happen.

Mad Melvin Sep 8th, 2010 06:41 PM

I'll believe it when i'm holding an actual copy of the game and smearing my penis with rasberry marmalade.

Tadao Sep 8th, 2010 09:25 PM

I'll believe it when I pirate it off of the internet.

Chojin Sep 9th, 2010 11:01 PM

i'm excited for this!

darkvare Sep 9th, 2010 11:29 PM

Nick Sep 11th, 2010 09:30 AM

First day purchase! :3

Guitar Woman Sep 13th, 2010 10:13 PM

Gearbox is developing it, they usually make pretty decent stuff!

Except for Brothers in Arms. Holy god, did that game poop dicks.

Nick Sep 13th, 2010 10:21 PM

These are the guys who made expansion packs for the original Half-Life. They got this :)

MarioRPG Sep 14th, 2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 698016)
Except for Brothers in Arms. Holy god, did that game poop dicks.

I wasn't familiar with the company so I checked out their site. Of the first 10 games they list developing, 7 were brothers in arms. :lol

Guitar Woman Sep 14th, 2010 01:11 PM

I only played the first one, they might have gotten better.

I mean, I HOPE they've gotten better, that was one of the worst games I've ever seen.

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 698018)
These are the guys who made expansion packs for the original Half-Life. They got this :)

Opposing Force, not Blue Shift.

Nick Sep 14th, 2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 698066)
Opposing Force, not Blue Shift.

They made Blue Shift as well, bucko.

Fathom Zero Sep 14th, 2010 02:39 PM

Oh shit, I heard it was just Opposing Force. WHOOPS.

That's more comforting - Blue Shift was the the better, fo' sho'.