I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Things My Old Man Taught Me (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699549)

MockBot Apr 17th, 2008 05:31 AM

Things My Old Man Taught Me

Automatically generated comment thread for Things My Old Man Taught Me.

Pihlak101 Apr 17th, 2008 08:01 AM

ha ha, crazy.

wobzire Apr 17th, 2008 10:17 AM

Honestly you are just pissing me off now. Would you please write a book? I thought I just gave a shit about reading your stuff because you were ridiculous and amusing. I was wrong. You are actually a good writer (who happens to often be ridiculous and amusing). I would like a book of your work. I'm not asking you to do anything outside your capabilities!

Thanks in advance

argonath Apr 17th, 2008 10:22 AM

Hooray for dads. Here's hoping I turn out as a better one than mine.

Mac Brookman Apr 17th, 2008 12:14 PM

Once again, an interesting look into a slice of your life.

Jigby Huggletinks Apr 17th, 2008 11:20 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with wobzire, although, the correct term is "Gospel".

El Sammo Apr 18th, 2008 02:22 PM

Yeah Max, write a book already. And if you're already working on it...well you're not working on it enough. I see you, sitting there at your computer, the vietnamese boys will wait. Hundreds of them turn 8 every year. Literally hundreds.

Count Mek Apr 18th, 2008 06:13 PM

Just awesome man :D

Colonel Flagg Apr 18th, 2008 07:52 PM

Max, you've touched my soul. The image of you and your brother rolling around on giant spools reciting epic poetry is enough to make me weep with emotion. :tear

Jaimas Apr 19th, 2008 11:03 PM

I am envious.

Dungeonbrownies Apr 20th, 2008 04:09 AM

this very well descrives many older style fathers who are simply jut dwindling in number, we just dont haev the right conditions for this sort of person anymore. alot of contemporary parents can barely do their jobs as adults raising children, and i can see my generation full of posers and in unisex clothing with unisex haircuts and faux retro misguided extremist liberalism [or on the toher side the dumbasses in mullets with their superconservativism slash racism slash inferior intellect and wonder in 50 years, how screwed up is society going to be with them as parents. what a shame.

Blaster Atoms Apr 22nd, 2008 06:38 AM

This one's tone reminds me of that movie "A Christmas Story". I agree you should write a book or two, if nothing else, just a collection of your essays. I could imagine you presenting a piece like this one on some tv show once a week.

mburbank Apr 22nd, 2008 12:34 PM

On the book question: Lord knows I have been trying. National Lampoon rejected two proposals, and I've had nothing but rejections from agents I've queried, asking them to take me on as a client.

If any of you have publishing and/or literary agent connections I would be SO happy to hear from you.

Dungeonbrownies Apr 22nd, 2008 10:45 PM

LULU.com will allow you to self publish.
the rates suck, but its a start.

bertleman May 9th, 2008 05:23 PM

Max's dad once came flying into the house and warned us not to ride motorcycles in a tone of voice that was not looking for a debate on the topic. I still feel guilty every time I ride.

thepiemockmaster May 16th, 2008 09:13 PM

how to kick a gopher

Zhukov Jun 28th, 2008 10:59 AM

I used to spool walk with my sister on our deck. We only had one, so instead of jousting, we had a more 'attack the fort' scenario. One person attempts to ride the spool into the other, and they defend themselves by throwing rocks.

Also, the headaches that your Old Man had, where they migraines?

mburbank Jun 30th, 2008 08:18 AM

Oh, yes, my friend. And they do run in the family.