I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pat Robertson suggests God Smote Sharon for giving back land (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19647)

mburbank Jan 6th, 2006 10:27 AM

Pat Robertson suggests God Smote Sharon for giving back land

And I agree, but see, I think God smote him on account of He hates overweight old people. I mean, he kills people like that every day! I don't think this Robertson fella is very good at math.

ziggytrix Jan 6th, 2006 11:02 AM

Why did God curse Robertson with stupidity? What did Pat ever do to desrve being made so very dumb? :(

ScruU2wice Jan 6th, 2006 11:40 AM

I love how his spokeswoman said "he just quoted the bible."

Geggy Jan 6th, 2006 12:04 PM

if God is what Pat Robertson says then consider me an atheist...

ziggytrix Jan 6th, 2006 12:20 PM

That would have been better if you said Satanist.

Womti Jan 6th, 2006 01:47 PM

or arsonist.

kahljorn Jan 6th, 2006 02:39 PM

"or arsonist."

Yea, cause you could all meet at the Seventh Brother Arsonist Cathedral. Or should I say that smoldering mess of a retired winery.

You know, one time I went to one of those arsonist church's and you know it was actually kind of interesting. I wish I could find one around here, can you reccomend an arsonist church within a 50 mile vicinity of bakersfield, womti?

Geggy Jan 6th, 2006 03:41 PM

Arsonist church at womti's house and bring snacks and your favorite lighter!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggytrix
That would have been better if you said Satanist.

According to Pat Robertson, Atheism is Satanism.

kahljorn Jan 6th, 2006 04:14 PM

Pat robertson sounds almost accurate. Most satanists I know are atheists...

Immortal Goat Jan 6th, 2006 04:23 PM

Ahh, but are most atheists satanists?

And Pat Robertson is a complete idiot. I don't understand how he is still on TV... oh, wait a second, he's a "nice Christian fellow", which means he gets to have a career in the only field other than standup comedy that allows blatant bigotry and hatred, only a lot less funny.

kahljorn Jan 6th, 2006 04:30 PM

I don't know. I suppose some of them could be-- excluding aforementioned satanists-- to some degree. That is why I said 'almost accurate', though.

ziggytrix Jan 6th, 2006 04:35 PM

No way, blatant bigotry and hatred is all the rage if you work for INS, Denny's, or Wal-Mart.

Jeanette X Jan 6th, 2006 10:49 PM

Sharon did deserve a smiting, but certainly not for giving back land.

Kulturkampf Jan 7th, 2006 01:17 AM

I do say that Pat Robertson is not a proper reflection of Christianity, and only ignorant people would consider him as such.

Immortal Goat Jan 7th, 2006 01:20 AM

You mean like most Christians do? :)

ItalianStereotype Jan 7th, 2006 05:24 AM

most Christians? source.

Immortal Goat Jan 7th, 2006 09:27 AM

OK, I should have rephrased that. Most Christians I know think Pat Robertson is an all around great guy.

Ant10708 Jan 7th, 2006 06:35 PM

Must not know alot of Catholics.

Immortal Goat Jan 7th, 2006 06:50 PM

Does going to a Catholic school count? And yes, they like him, too.

Ant10708 Jan 7th, 2006 07:06 PM

They were just mocking his latest rant on Fox news.

:)

I dunno all the praticing Catholics I know in NY area think he is a crazy motherfucker who should be kicked in the balls for how he represents Christianity.

Kulturkampf Jan 8th, 2006 08:30 AM

I am from a part in the US that is very Lutheran, so I guess a lot of people are not so much into it as much. They are more 'live and let live' sort of people and have never subscribed to the ideas of Pat Robertson, which I consider to be more along the lines of baptist.

ziggytrix Jan 8th, 2006 03:08 PM

He's a Southern Baptist, specifically.

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 8th, 2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Does going to a Catholic school count? And yes, they like him, too.

I call bullshit!

Immortal Goat Jan 8th, 2006 06:48 PM

You call it on me going to Catholic School or that they like him there?

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 11th, 2006 05:07 PM

I'm a pretty involved Roman Catholic, and was raised around other Catholics. I roll in circles of Catholics. I have never EVER met a Roman Catholic who supports Pat Robertson....ever! Many probably didn't even know much about him until he either A. ran for president or B. started saying really crazy shit.