I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Can I get someone's opinion on this? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8946)

MEATMAN Jan 22nd, 2004 10:34 PM

Can I get someone's opinion on this?

Just finished reading a complete history of MAD Magazine, which was written by one of the artists, Dick DeBartolo. It has some bonus material not printed in the magazine, and I thought I'd share some with you. It was a realistic journal of a drug trip written by Dick. He WAS high, he says, while writing it, having just consumed two Pepperidge Farm mocha cakes and a package of Oreo's thus getting the ol' sugar buzz. Here is the journal:

9:00 - I enter the offices of MAD Magazine and I am given L.S.D. on a sugar cube which I put into my coffee and drink.

9:06 - My stomach gurgles and my throat tightens. I never use sugar in my coffee!

9:18 - A blood-curdling scream pierces the air. I hear humanity crying out in anguish...suffering pain...intense pain!
Is it my first HALLUCINATION?

9:20 - NO!! It is the Publisher of MAD - Bill Gaines - writing a check! It is the same sound I hear every payday!

9:35 - I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THE DRUG WILL HAVE NO EFFECT WHATSOEVERY! HERE IT IS - THIRTY-FIVE MINUTES AFTER GOOBLING, AND NOTHING IS FURNING!

9:53 - THE PUBLICHER OF MAD, ADOLPH HITLER, ENTERS THE ROOM AND ASKS ME IF I AM K.O.? I TELL HIM I'M RASPBERRIES! ON THE WAY OUT, SHE STABS MY TEDDY BEAR! ON PURPOSE!! ON PORPOISE!! SOMETHING IS FISHY!!!

9:76 - STILL NO EFFECK! MY SKIN IS ON TOO TIGHT! LOUSY TAILOR! LOUSY BURTON! I RIP EVERYTHING OFF!!

10:10:10 THE TORTISE IS RACING THE HAIR UNDER MY ARMS! IT'S AN ARMS RACE!!!

10:369 HEY! TURN OFF THOSE FLASHING BRIGHT LICE!

1492 I STILL FEEL FINE

LOVE ***** UZE *YOUR* ZIPPER* CODE!
CURB*** YER KAR!

112:30 THE PLUBISHER OF MUD, HUGH HEFFER, TAPS ME ON THE BROCCOLI -

90:76 I MAKE OUT SHAPES IN THE ROOM A DESK - A LAMP - A STAGECOACH - A PHUNG

1:15 - PEOPLE ARE STAIRING AT ME! I'M A STAIR-CASE! I TRY TO EXPLAIN THAT SOME FUNNY THINGS HAVE HAPPENED TO MY. BUT IT'S NO.

1:30 - EVERYTHING IS BECOMING EXTREMELY CLEAR! BUT IS IT REALITY? DO I REALLY LIVE? OR DO I JUST EXIST IN A CHINGE OF MY BLUK?

1:45 - WHAT IS NOT? AND WHY, IF WE, DO WE? OF COURSE!

2:00 - A blood-curdling scream pierces the air. I hear humanity crying out in anguish...suffering pain...intense pain!
IS IT AN HALLUCINATION AT LAST??

2:03 - NO!! It is the Publisher of MAD - Bill Gaines - writing another check!

2:05 - Everything is back to normal.

WindozeWasher Jan 28th, 2008 06:12 PM

Actually, that WAS published by Mad in about 1972-73; I remember it well and still have that issue here someplace!

:)

executioneer Jan 28th, 2008 07:15 PM

congratulations, i think that might just be the oldest post ever bumped on this board

Tadao Jan 29th, 2008 12:01 AM

:balloons