I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Over The Top: An Important Film About Arm Wrestling, Truck Driving, and Love. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699230)

MockBot Mar 14th, 2008 04:48 AM

Over The Top: An Important Film About Arm Wrestling, Truck Driving, and Love.

Automatically generated comment thread for Over The Top: An Important Film About Arm Wrestling, Truck Driving, and Love..

Hurude Mar 14th, 2008 05:26 AM

I got this film on video some time ago from a charity shop, cost me twenty pence, and was worth every bit!!

Stalone is awesome in this movie, his attempt to make a rocky but not rocky film is pure genius

My dad used to always beat me in arm wrestles as a kid, as he was much stronger than me, but now I know where his special technique comes from.

OVER THE TOP, OVER THE TOP!

Lithuanian Hammer Mar 14th, 2008 09:00 AM

This is one of my all-time favorite cable movies. Had no idea there was a line of action figures. I couldn't even find them on ebay! Sadly, Grizzly doesn't come with a F.U.B.A.R shirt and all of the corporate advertising is omitted, but they do come with Real Arm Wrestling Action!

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/o/ove...verthetop.html

Colonel Flagg Mar 14th, 2008 11:02 AM

I was waiting for this review after I read the one on "Cobra". Stallone could make a film about ballroom dancing and it would be badass.

Mormon_Norman Mar 14th, 2008 11:40 AM

Consider this comment an official request for the AWESOME/shark t-shirt.

Kirbykid Mar 14th, 2008 11:55 AM

I want that Awesome/Shark shirt so bad! I'd rip someone's shittin' arm for one! OVER THE TOP!!!

Fufuless Mar 14th, 2008 01:22 PM

Hahahaha, over the topless.

Gourry Mar 14th, 2008 01:25 PM

Brilliant as usual, RoG

I want to be the third official request for an Awesome shark shirt!

Tom Foolery Mar 14th, 2008 02:27 PM

John Grizzly is my new hero. This guy needs his own movie! When I grow up I want to be John Grizzly!

KillerMcGee Mar 14th, 2008 04:59 PM

SEVEN FOULS IN ONE MATCH! WHO EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING?

Dungeonbrownies Mar 14th, 2008 08:25 PM

by god, this is one of the most awesome films ever. too bad he's old slurring weirdo now that sylvester stallone...

Ferrit Mar 14th, 2008 08:43 PM

can a guy who's lost so much come back to win it all?
Tears - tears are running down my face that's so beautiful. Rough, arm-wrestling MAN tears. Now excuse me whilst I get myself a tissue all on my own and get back and finish reading this review. I must also add that it's amazing what high res, widescreen will do to pretty much any movie - makes even Over The Top look like cinematic gold. Awesome job with the screenies RoG. :)

Exeter Mar 14th, 2008 09:24 PM

Great review RoG. Now I need to hunt down a copy of the DVD that has this and Demolition Man on it. Two great tastes that taste great together!

Relaxing Dragon Mar 15th, 2008 12:43 AM

Excellent, finally another one of the longer movie reviews. And it was a good one, top-quality stuff, great work -RoG-.

ElPila666 Mar 15th, 2008 08:00 AM

This movie title was translated Halcon (Hawk) in my country, Over the Top. lol, Great review as usual Rog

Angryhydralisk Mar 15th, 2008 12:08 PM

Mike Hawk, lol.

This movie dosen't look all that bad. I might have to find it.

thecatillaccat Mar 15th, 2008 01:27 PM

Awesome/Shark shirt FTW!
This movie is a fabulous bit of cheese. MANLY-SMELLING CHEESE.

Jaimas Mar 15th, 2008 11:19 PM

I remember seeing this movie when I was about 14 years old. My mom was very sick, and I was in the hospital waiting room when this movie came on. I watched the whole damn thing, and though it sounds blissfully retarded in retrospect, when I saw it, I thought it was the most soul-touching, beautifully-done movie I had ever seen up until that point.

CaTlaloc Mar 16th, 2008 01:40 AM

If you want that tissue, you gotta take it. You hear me? The world meets nobody halfway. Now it's time to get that tissue for yourself so you can dry your eyes on your own. If you don't dry your eyes, you're gonna be sorry, you're gonna regret it your whole life. I know you can do it. Will you do it for me? Come on, let's get 'em!..... pure genius RoG

neoboman Mar 16th, 2008 11:12 AM

I was in a double elimination tournament once (not arm wrestling, needless to say) and in the finals that rule went to the wayside, so it might not be a continuity error.

STUD_BEANER_69 Mar 16th, 2008 05:30 PM

AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT FELT THAT WAY ABOUT MY ROBBERT LOGGIA.HE'S ALSO GOD-LIKE IN SCARFACE.FANTASTIC

Terrible-D Mar 17th, 2008 01:21 AM

I haven't seen this movie in ages. Mostly because it gets me too damn emotional. No I'm going to have to seek it out. Damn you Rog, Damn Yooooooooou!!!
Anyway, yet another request for an "Awesome Shark" shirt.
Also, when can we expect a review of Over the Topless?

Nick Mar 17th, 2008 05:57 AM

Awesome Shark shirts, please.

incognit000 Mar 17th, 2008 07:43 AM

I watched this cus of the rifftrax. The part where they interview wrestlers like it's a documentary or TV spot is fucking hilarious.

The bad music makes it almost unwatchable, though. "CUZ IN THIS CUNTRYYYY..."

Hugh Jerection Mar 18th, 2008 04:23 AM

I too would like to request an AWESOME t-shirt.
I would wear it with pride in the office.

p.s. man-passion.....massion?
i.e. 'Alfredo made mad, massionate love to Gloria in the alley beside the disco'