I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2013 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69709005)

captain516 Dec 9th, 2013 03:17 AM

Dude, Alienator is the funniest scifi movie since Spaceballs. (Okay, maybe unintentionally, but still.) Didn't even know it had a dvd release...

Leper, I got you as my santa? I'm twice as excited now seeing alll the awesome packages you've given out before.

Ex Leper Dec 9th, 2013 03:32 AM

Why wait?

BatmanJohnson Dec 9th, 2013 11:56 AM

A wild package appears....

Nick Dec 9th, 2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 768842)
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Color Blanks gift, Nick. Be sure to post it once you've filled it in. That reminds me, I still have one I need to finish myself.

I didn't even notice I had that. I'm definitely going to have to play with it soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 768845)
Glad you liked the stuff and thanks for the photo tour, Nick! Especially for the TMNT Lego thing, looks great. :xmas1
Oh, and the brown candy canes are "cappuccino" flavor. Just so you know. :lol

Thanks so much again for the awesome gift, Dextire!

captain516 Dec 10th, 2013 12:51 AM

Alright, let's get down to business.

Neat and tidy!

Ex Leper was my secret santa, and he gifted me with a mountain of gifts. Or at least it would be a mountain, if I was tiny. Hey, maybe one of the presents is a shrink ray!

Gift #1 was candy! Candy that could potentially be used as a hockey puck, that is. Seriously, the average reeses are completley dwarfed by these half pound behemoths. I haven't tried the mints yet, but I'm kind of afraid to because the colors remind me of Hungry Hungry Hippos and I don't want to taste hippo meat :x

Gift #2 is a parachute dude that I can't really do anything with right now because it's cold and dark out and there aren't any tall buildings near me :(

Gift #3 are these awesome litlle squeeze top things that you put on your condiment bottles and it looks like the monster is puking out the contents! Cool! The package for the guy on the right says Mustard Monster, but clearly there's been some sort of mixup at the place where they package these because I got Bart Simpson instead.

Here's a fact about Ex Leper that not too many people know-the guy's very, very generous. Gift #4 was a certificate to a tattoo parlor of my choice, and I went all out:

]

Haha it's actually a tattoo sleeve! I sure fooled you guys! :rolleyes
This makes me wish it was real, though:

And finally, 8 movies, none of which I've even heard of before. Excellent.

Thanks for making my holidays not suck, Ex Leper!

BONUS: Kitteh Cat inspects the aftermath

if it fits, i sits.

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2013 02:59 AM

And the gift has arrived!

Thank you to Captain516 for getting the gifts on the nose! The wife is especially happy!

blood_panther Dec 10th, 2013 10:49 AM

great stuff this year!

captain516 Dec 10th, 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisGlass (Post 768853)
And the gift has arrived!

Thank you to Captain516 for getting the gifts on the nose! The wife is especially happy!

Happy wife, happy life.

Does she like the card? I printed it out specially for her.

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 768858)
Happy wife, happy life.

Does she like the card? I printed it out specially for her.

Yes. She put it on the wall next to her desk. :)

Mockery Dec 10th, 2013 05:27 PM

Captain516 - How are the Reese's Cups? I've seen those giant ones and am curious if the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is still good as the normal ones. Looks pretty awesome. Also, I demand a photo of the monsters in action while barfing up ketchup and mustard! Nice Scream Factory DVDs too. Well done, Ex Leper!

ChrisGlass - Good to see another video featuring the Santa Snuggie haha! Nerds Ropes are extremely addictive, and that's quite a hefty handful of 'em. I think we all need to see a photo of the Minecraft zombie figure with all your other figures on your desk. Good stuff, captain516!

Also, I just got my package from Thanos in the mail and it's seriously awesome! Will try to get a post up about it as soon as possible.

ChrisGlass Dec 10th, 2013 06:09 PM

They staged a coup of my desk! But Optimus and Megatron fought them off.

Protoclown Dec 10th, 2013 06:22 PM

I got my package yesterday from MarioRPG! And a mighty fine package it is (I'll bet all the ladies say that!)

Inside were some books and candy, and what appeared to be a waaaay-too-expensive e-reader!

Whew! The e-reader was Canadian candy and syrup instead! I am relieved, because I would have felt obligated to sleep with MarioRPG otherwise, and I'm not sure I wanted to do that.

My friend Karim found some creepy pictures in the Batmobile book:

But it made a little more sense when I found the note on the back:

Though I don't know why he originally signed it 10,000 Volt. Apparently he is having some kind of identity crisis (on infinite earths).

Thanks, MarioRPG! I'm already familiar with Ready Player One, as it's one of my favorite books, though I didn't have the hardcover version. And I'm sure I will enjoy reading through that Batmobile book, there's all kinds of fun stuff in there! And I greatly look forward to trying the candy too! A job well done indeed!!

Ex Leper Dec 10th, 2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 768863)
Captain516 - How are the Reese's Cups? I've seen those giant ones and am curious if the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is still good as the normal ones. Looks pretty awesome. Also, I demand a photo of the monsters in action while barfing up ketchup and mustard! Nice Scream Factory DVDs too. Well done, Ex Leper!

Mockery got you a set at the same time for your Birthday. i should have sent it the same day, unfortunately lost my job the day after. Will send as soon as I can.

MarioRPG Dec 10th, 2013 11:40 PM

Great to see all the joy that happened during my brief absence. Dextire continues to be awesome at this whole secret santa deal, very cool of you to give a whole mountain like that! Also enjoyed see the Captain's photos - bonus points always for cats! But... I do have to make special mention of ChrisGlass - that video was fantastic, and everyone should watch it. Merry xmas to the lot of you!

:xmas2
As for you, Protoclown, I'm glad the gifts made it! Hope you enjoy the lot, I thought the Batmobile book was pretty nifty and right up your alley!

blood_panther Dec 11th, 2013 11:16 AM

my package is within 30 minutes of it's destination. Should get there today or tomorrow hopefully.

Edit:Out for delivery. hope my gift receiver is ready for some Christmas awesome.

Edit Edit: Delivered!

Mockery Dec 12th, 2013 03:01 AM

Nice Batmobile book indeed! Nice work, MarioRPG!

Update: I just got Jury Duty, so I'm not gonna be able to post my pics right away. Will do it soon as I have a chance.

dextire Dec 12th, 2013 07:15 PM

Jury Duty! It's a Christmas miracle! :xmas3

Very nice stuff, guys! :xmas2
All packages/letter have arrived! Pictures coming soon (as in this weekend).

replicant Dec 13th, 2013 02:51 PM

For many a reason my planned gifting didn't go the way I wanted it to, and I had to opt for a very austere and humble (i.e. not as creative as I wanted to get) gifting of goodies. Please forgive me "recipient"....I think you will like what I am having sent but I plan to actually (this is of my own planning )do a little something extra when you least expect it since I have your address (mwahaha)...effing Amazon #$#(*$&#($#$.... Sadly the gift is scheduled to get delivered December 17th in the evening. Crossing my fingers.

Captain Conquest Dec 13th, 2013 07:37 PM

Sent secret Santa package a while ago, I just got mine now!! There will be Pics!!!:xmas3

blood_panther Dec 14th, 2013 01:03 PM

Time for another one of my Lists! (I like to have things laid out in lists....it's my thing....)

Unconfirmed If Shipped
10,000 Volt Ghost
DIMNOS
Johnny Quest
RellinKGrunge
Dr. Boogie

Has Received A Gift
replicant
Ex Leper
captain516
Nick
ChrisGlass
Protoclown
Captain Conquest
BatmanJohnson
Mockery
Thanos

Has Had Sent Gift Received
Nick
BatmanJohnson
Ex Leper
dextire
Captain516
MarioRPG
Protoclown
Ronin S
Thanos

Looking good so far!

ChrisGlass Dec 15th, 2013 12:57 AM

I sent mine last week. I'll get the tracking number to you late Sunday. But I heard a lot of cross continent mail was delayed because of snow storms.

blood_panther Dec 15th, 2013 03:18 AM

no need to send me anything. I'm just sharing the list for anyone who's interested.

MarioRPG Dec 15th, 2013 08:00 PM

Hey blood_panther, what about the people you're missing? Do they just not have a category? YOUR LIST OBSESSION IS FLAWED.

Ronin S Dec 15th, 2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant (Post 768882)
For many a reason my planned gifting didn't go the way I wanted it to, and I had to opt for a very austere and humble (i.e. not as creative as I wanted to get) gifting of goodies. Please forgive me "recipient"....I think you will like what I am having sent but I plan to actually (this is of my own planning )do a little something extra when you least expect it since I have your address (mwahaha)...effing Amazon #$#(*$&#($#$.... Sadly the gift is scheduled to get delivered December 17th in the evening. Crossing my fingers.

Yeah, same here. I tried to be creative, but seeing the packages others have gotten so far makes me feel like I could have crammed more stuff in. The pickings for retro/novelty stuff at the flea market aren't so good around these parts.

BatmanJohnson Dec 15th, 2013 10:10 PM

Hello! Earlier last week I received something from the frozen north. My secret santa present from none other but Ronin S. What a package it was.

Oooh a letter let's see.It included a list of everything just in case those dastardly customs officers had looted my package. I'm happy to say everything arrived safely. Including this wonderful limerick, that I hope you won't mind me sharing:

A young teenaged guy named Ted
went out and fought the undead
Looked up and around
And what had he found?
A well blasted zombie head.

I have to say that's quite a start. Let's dig in

lucky, hmm haven't heard of it but it's cappuccino flavored so it has to be good.

Strawberry pocky! It's almost as though you read my mind and knew of my love for japanese snack foods and candy.

Hrm Tropical Pocky, I haven't tried it yet but it looks promising.

:love Almond crush pocky is my favorite version of pocky! I was really excited when I saw this.

More lucky sticks. with all this luck I may have to play the lottery.

Maple flavored popcorn. Is this what Canada tastes like? if so I may move.

Lookit this little Mountie Teddy Bear. It's cute, and also comes with a short history of the Mounted Police. If toy story is right he's going to commander another toy to ride on and police my room.

Last but not least, an Official Certified Zombie killer sign. According to the letter I am now a certified Zombie killer, watch out Zombies I have a license to kill.

Thank you very much Ronin! Sorry It took so long to upload, finals week and what not. Also not pictured are the fish stickers because my roommate was moderately amused and may have absconded with them.

dextire Dec 16th, 2013 12:04 AM

Nice! I love the sweater, BatmanJohnson. :xmas1
I don't believe I've ever seen that many different varieties of Pocky and it's ilk before. Please let me know how the Tropical one tastes.

blood_panther Dec 16th, 2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 768897)
Hey blood_panther, what about the people you're missing? Do they just not have a category? YOUR LIST OBSESSION IS FLAWED.

The only info on the list come from what gets posted. I'll update as people post more info.

Pocky Pocky and Pocky! Great gifts!

Ronin S Dec 16th, 2013 08:44 PM

Yay, the pocky arrived safely!

Mockery Dec 17th, 2013 01:54 AM

Alrighty! I finally have some free time to share my Secret Santa gift haul with you guys. Sorry I didn't get to put these up last week, but I've been super busy on a variety of projects and wanted to make sure I gave this awesome holiday haul the proper attention it deserves. This year I was lucky enough to get Thanos as my Secret Santa! So let's dive into this box of wonders and see what treasures are lurking deep within, shall we?

Bubble wrap? I already like where this is headed! Oh, and the gifts look nifty too!

The hero I was born to be, eh? I guess my superhero costume is in this thing and it must be really tiny.

Holy crap! I don't even drink, but this makes me want to start. A Greatest American Hero shotglass? Believe it or not, this is a most excellent start!

If there's one person who can teach me to be sexy (well... sexier), it's gotta be Carmen Electra. I don't think she's up to much these days, so I could probably just call her up on the phone and ask how to be sexy, but this book will do just fine. Maybe I can read this while listening to her debut album for the ultimate sexy experience?

Awesome! I get to build monsters AND it comes in a tiny metal lunchbox? Who could ask for more? Never seen this before, but I look forward to giving it a try. If only I had this before I started making BCPG, I may have come up with an entirely different game.

Holy crap YES! I don't think I have any RoboCop figures, and I definitely didn't own the "2013 I-Mockery Secret Santa Exclusive" one! Best of all, as you can see from the label at the bottom, it's "Remake Additive Free - Safe For Kids!" Which is a good thing, because if it was a figure from that piece of shit upcoming remake, I would've set it on fire and banned you from the forum. I kid of course............ or do I?

Either way, he will defend my Christmas tree from injustice for the remainder of the month. His first objective will be to destroy the DVD copy of "Christmas Vacation 2" that I own.

So like, if I read this, I don't need to get caught up on True Blood, right? I'm sure this contains all the same pertinent, factual information that the hit TV series shares with its audiences. Keen!

Found this random tiny little figure in the box and he kinda reminds me of the Kraken from Clash of the Titans, but with better hair. I'll be sure to introduce him to my M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, as I think they'd accept him as one of their own even though he's not flesh-colored.

A van to transport the Wolfman's nards in? Sign me up! I actually saw these cars this past Halloween season and made a mental note to pick them up later on. Now that I have one, you've given me the excuse to get the rest of the set. Thankee!

I have no idea where this little Frankenstein's Monster lamp came from (I'd love to hear the story behind it!), but it's absolutely awesome. My favorite thing is that he has a single exposed tooth that lights up. Well that and the fact that he's standing on a pile of bones, has a limp wrist, and there's a snake coiled around his belly. Rarely is so much awesomeness packed into such a small lamp, but whoever made this thing truly pulled off some wonders. Kickass!

Last but certainly not least, I got this fantastic Domo-Kun trooper hat for the winter season! I have a Domo hoodie that this will go with perfectly, and I'll totally wear this around when it gets really cold out. And by really cold, I mean 50 degrees, because when you move to Los Angeles, the nearly constant perfect weather all year long makes your body completely pussified whenever there's a slight climate change.

Thanks again for your seriously amazing Secret Santa generosity, Thanos! I love my gifts and I love the labels you put on them too. Never stop doing that, it makes 'em all the more enjoyable! Merry Christmas!

:xmas1

replicant Dec 17th, 2013 10:27 AM

With luck, my person will get their package today. :) Finally! .......

replicant Dec 17th, 2013 10:29 AM

Love the Domo Hat and the Wolfman bus! A gift of Robocop must be the the thing this Xmas. Giving my husband the Robocop Trilogy on Blu-Ray and a Funko Pop! Movies Robocop Figure. :)

Thanos Dec 17th, 2013 12:24 PM

Rog, I'm overjoyed that my Secret Santa gifts were right up your alley! The only one I was sort of worried about was the Domo cap. You'd mentioned "no clothes", so I was on the fence about getting it. Glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Domo-Kun's Angry Smashfest is one of my favorite games, so it's just a small token of my thanks.

As to the Frankenstein's Monster lamp... I don't know much about it either. It was collecting dust in an antique emporium that I frequent every so often. I must have passed it by a dozen times and never noticed it. I finally saw it a few days after signing up for the Secret Santa exchange and knew it would be a great gift. Why is Frankie surrounded by a snake? What's up with the bones -- is he a cannibal? Why are his eyes glowing? HAS FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER GONE RADIOACTIVE? And yet, he extends his hand in peace, almost saying "me... friendddddd". It's just so... weird. :-D

When you manage to get Carmen Electra to sign that book, I'd be happy to see a photo (as would the rest of the I-Mock crowd I'm sure).

Tadao Dec 17th, 2013 12:24 PM

Was anyone else hoping that Thanos would give out pillows of his face, maybe even wearing a Santa hat or something?

Thanos Dec 17th, 2013 12:26 PM

Also, I received my Secret Santa gift. Photos will follow ASAP. Thanks to whomever sent it!

Thanos Dec 17th, 2013 06:13 PM

Here is my Secret Santa gift. Thanks to whomever sent it.

dextire Dec 17th, 2013 08:12 PM

Mighty fine haul, RoG! I have also never seen the Monster Mashup game. Look fun!

That's one badass mummy you got there, Thanos! He looks like he knows kung fu. :xmas1

Ok, so Protoclown was my secret Santa this year! He explained in his letter that he did indeed steal awesome things from Ex Leper at my request. Or it may have just been an old lady across the street.
Either way, he stole stuff and gave it to me. And that's what Christmas is all about.

First we have "The Faggiest Vampire" children's book!

This book tells the tale of Dargoth Van Gloomfang and his quest to reclaim the title that once belonged to him ("the faggiest vampire" if you weren't following along).

It's very entertaining and has some incredible illustrations in it. Fantastic!

Next, I now have my very own Gremlin! This is my very first "Pop! Movies" figure and what a way to start a collection!

I'm really happy to see how popular Shout! Factory movies have been this year in the SS event. In this case we have not one, but four awesome horror movies!
How awesome you ask? No, I know you didn't ask, it's rhetorical...

Here's just a small sampling of what you get in this amazing set!

I have to give a huge thanks to Protoclown for all of the great stuff!

Merry Christmas, everybody! :xmas3

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 18th, 2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 768928)
Here is my Secret Santa gift. Thanks to whomever sent it.

There was supposed to be a note in it too for you.

Mockery Dec 18th, 2013 02:21 PM

Thanos - That retro Mummy figure is seriously awesome. I love that they're releasing classic MEGO style figures like that these days. Hopefully you can feed him those extra candy canes.

Dextire - Another fine haul and great pics too! Now that you have one, you're gonna want so many more "Pop!" vinyl figures. I currently have some Boo Berry ones and have resisted the urge to get others, but they keep releasing so many good figures that I know I'll cave-in eventually.

Thanos Dec 18th, 2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 768941)
There was supposed to be a note in it too for you.

Oh you were my Secret Santa? I didn't know. I didn't see a note in the package, I'll go back and double check. Thank you!

MarioRPG Dec 18th, 2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant (Post 768882)
...Sadly the gift is scheduled to get delivered December 17th in the evening. Crossing my fingers.

It was delivered the 18th in the afternoon! :picklehat I didn't get home until the evening. Now, I had planned to take a video of my unboxing... But, um, I didn't realize what it was :lol I've ordered a handful of things from different sites the past weeks, and didn't connect that this might be a gift. However, let me say that replicant did an excellent job as santa.

I received 2 James Bond novels (I've only ever read Goldfinger and On Her Majesty's Secret Service), but I love love LOVE these minimal covers. They give a touch of class that's very fitting for 007.

JohnnyQuest Dec 19th, 2013 01:05 AM

Such great stuff! I sent my package late (because I am wretched scum), but I've already PM'd the recipient so he knows to expect it...

I sure hope something arrives for me soon, but I suppose it's karma for my own tardiness!

replicant Dec 19th, 2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 768947)
It was delivered the 18th in the afternoon! :picklehat I didn't get home until the evening. Now, I had planned to take a video of my unboxing... But, um, I didn't realize what it was :lol I've ordered a handful of things from different sites the past weeks, and didn't connect that this might be a gift. However, let me say that replicant did an excellent job as santa.

I received 2 James Bond novels (I've only ever read Goldfinger and On Her Majesty's Secret Service), but I love love LOVE these minimal covers. They give a touch of class that's very fitting for 007.

I am so glad you like them! I am a big bond fan. I am a Roger Moore gal. ;)
I am sorry it's just those two books. I had a bunch of other things planned but Amazon screwed things up. I was worried about making the deadline and since shipping takes time to the Great White North...I said screw it and change plans. But expect a surpise in the next 3 months to make up for it. :) And don't say, you don't have to? You like tea so...expect some awesome tea...(which was meant to come with your package). ;)
:xmas3

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 20th, 2013 01:04 AM

I received my gift yesterday. Pics to follow.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 20th, 2013 01:04 AM

Those bond books are boss by the by. :007

JohnnyQuest Dec 20th, 2013 10:25 AM

I have also received my gifts! I will try to get some pics tonight...

Mockery Dec 20th, 2013 07:53 PM

So who's left that hasn't received and/or posted their gifts yet?

blood_panther Dec 20th, 2013 10:10 PM

Has Not Received A Gift
blood_panther
DIMNOS
Douglas Mackrell
Ronin S
RellinKGrunge
Captain516

Has Received A Gift
And Posted Pics

replicant
Ex Leper
captain516
Nick
ChrisGlass
Protoclown
BatmanJohnson
Mockery
Thanos
Dextire
MarioRPG
10,000 Volt Ghost
Dr. Boogie
Douglas Mackrell

Has Received A Gift And No Pics
Captain Conquest
JohnnyQuest

Has Had A Gift They Sent Received
Nick
BatmanJohnson
Ex leper
Dextire
Captain516
MarioRPG
Ronin S
Thanos
10,000 Volt Ghost
Protoclown
Replicant
JohnnyQuest
Blood_Panther
Chris Glass

Think this is about right....

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 22nd, 2013 09:20 PM

I got a package in the mail from my secret santa JohnnyQuest himself.

Spoilers!

Ho!Ho!Ho! Merry Christmas

Mockery Dec 22nd, 2013 09:28 PM

Nice! That's the exact same pair of goggles that Doc Mock wears!

Dr. Boogie Dec 22nd, 2013 11:09 PM

I got mine from blood_panther a few days ago:

It came with instructions on how this gift smorgasbord should be approached, starting with gift #1:

I'm hesitant to try to the french fry lip balm, but the Super Star stress toy has already been useful.

It's everyone's favorite anthropomorphic ice cream sandwich, now in multicolored light form!

I don't know much about My Little Pony, but I'm sure there's something in the show about muffins that lends itself nicely to this magnet. Blood panther was guessing the two lego pouches would be the British cop and the barbarian. Was he right?

Yes he was. Partly. British cop, yes, but in place of a barbarian, we have the pretzelmeister (complete with removable paper skirt).

Also, there's a Mr. Bean figure. Sure, the role of Mr. Bean may have typecast Rowan Atkinson as a guy who mainly does slapstick, but isn't it worth it to get a rubber figure of yourself?

Last but not least, a Ninjabread men kit. The streets will run white with icing when candy-bedecked gingerbread man commit brown-on-brown crime!

All in all, a pretty sweet haul from Blood_Panther.

Dr. Boogie Dec 22nd, 2013 11:14 PM

And as an added bonus:

At the end of my post for last year's Secret Santa, I mentioned that MarioRPG had gotten me one more gift from "a somewhat unreliable site". Well, I was about to upgrade them to "a totally unreliable site" when the gift in question finally arrived some weeks later:

A Zippo lighter with Mao Zedong on it. I assume the writing is something about the Communist spirit burning like the literal flame of the lighter.

I was surprised it worked at all, but I was even more surprised that it produced a green flame. Here's hoping it's just a neat trick with the butane, and not a sight that the lighter's wick is full of toxic chemicals.

Captain Conquest Dec 23rd, 2013 02:44 AM

I just wanted to say That I took My secret Santa pictures with my phone which Is currently situated with someone else. I will retrieve said phone tomorrow and Upload the pics. Also I just realized that due to a time zone difference It's the 23rd of december for most of you. Right now it's 11:33 PM, December 22, so my photos will seem extra late :/ shitty. ALSO I haven't seen a post from my secret Santee So I'm rather worried. According to the tracking No. It's been in the post office Close to my Santee's Location since the 12th.

MarioRPG Dec 23rd, 2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant (Post 768950)
And don't say, you don't have to? You like tea so...expect some awesome tea...(which was meant to come with your package). ;)

You are definitely the best Santa :love Thanks again replicant and merry Christmas to you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 768986)
And as an added bonus...

Hahahah this is awesome. I was reading through that thread a couple weeks back and started feeling sad that this part of the gift never showed up. I figured a lighter with everyone's favourite Chairman would be appreciated - as well as the neat green flame! I had a coworker translate it a while back. It reads something like "To serve the people".

blood_panther Dec 23rd, 2013 12:08 PM

-Dr Boogie
I'm glad you liked it! I also don't know much about my little pony, but I do know about "derpy" (started out as an artist mistake that they worked into the show) I hang my head in shame with getting that lego minifigure wrong.

-Captain Conquest
Does tracking show if they attempted delivery? I've heard some horror stories about those package claim slips they leave, blowing away.

Mockery Dec 23rd, 2013 01:22 PM

Dr. Boogie - Nice haul! Always loved those Domo lights. Very curious to hear how the french fry flavored chapstick tastes. Be sure to post pics of your ninjabread men whenever you make 'em... I'll expect at least one to be modeled after Gymkata, The Last Dragon, or Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.

Also, I'm still waiting on my recipient to hurry up and post their pics as well. It was shipped via USPS Priority Mail and should've arrived weeks ago. Somebody be slacking : O

Douglas MacKrell Dec 23rd, 2013 02:44 PM

Twas some days before Christmas, and shoppers were manic
and Doug received an email that sent him into a panic.
"Where are you?" they beckoned, "your pictures are needed."
"Oh crap!" he shouted, "the time I've exceeded!"

So away with a start Doug took to unwrapping
embarrassed that from the forums he had been napping.
He cut into his package like Murdoc caused strife
using his trusty MacGyver pocket knife.

When up with a whoosh came such oodles of stuff
that he could dive in and swim while in the buff.

But he kept on his clothes, my fine fellow
and quickly discovered a toy made of lego!

The next thing Doug found nearly sent him to fits
it was a stocking made in exactly 8 bits!

Though the packaged warned of pranks or perhaps something smutty
Doug was pleasantly relieved to find the original Silly Putty!

Speaking of pranks, there were enough for a fink!
Sneezing powder, solar bugs, and disappearing ink!

Next came a gift that bards will surely chronicle
a plastic toy pen made of lego's Bionicle!

To say there was more don't do it justice, Pilgrim
next up was a sack from some place called Hilton

What I found inside was a surprise I admit
as I first found a Japanese Dental Kit.

But inside that sack I found much much more
It was a iMockery poster with 80s characters galore!

Next came some suff as old as Johnny Mnemonic
a handfull of some random 90's comics!

Since Doug's earbuds were broken he had so much gratitude
that his Secret Santa sent him some with Attitudz!

Then came some stuff that will surly come in handy
a bunch of stickers, and cards, and some expired candy!

"What's this?!" Doug screamed! "How can this be?!
a tiny credit card light up christmas tree?!"

Last but not least, please, your hat do hold on
Doug got a Zoid, helicopter, and DVD of Voltron!

All this rhyming by now I'm sure you're tired
hearing all about things that Doug has acquired.
but no need to fuss this will all soon be over
this wasn't just done to be some Christmas time poser.

Doug is new here for sure, but happy to be included
and glad the spirit of the season hasn't left everyone deluded.
Doug also wanted to make sure to thank Chris Glass
and he hoped the wait for upload wasn't a pain in his ass.

Now that everything's over it's time to relax and have fun.

Oh, wait... it's the 23rd!! CHRISTMAS ISN'T EVEN DONE

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Try not to stress out too much!!

Captain Conquest Dec 23rd, 2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 768991)

-Captain Conquest
Does tracking show if they attempted delivery? I've heard some horror stories about those package claim slips they leave, blowing away.

It does not say whether the post office attempted to send it to him or if the recepient attempted to pick it up. I`ll try and get in contact with that post office and see what`s going on with it.
If the claim notice blew away... oh god...

blood_panther Dec 23rd, 2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Conquest (Post 768994)
If the claim notice blew away... oh god...

if it did it's no big deal. can still claim the package with ID. it's just without it, you wouldnt know you have a package waiting.

Captain Conquest Dec 23rd, 2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 768996)
if it did it's no big deal. can still claim the package with ID. it's just without it, you wouldnt know you have a package waiting.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVEN`T RECEIVED YOUR GIFT, CHECK YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE!!!!!

JohnnyQuest Dec 23rd, 2013 07:45 PM

Woo Hoo!

I have received my awesome gifts, and although I know I'm late, I'll try to get pics up later today. If not tonight, then definitely for Christmas Eve!

But I'm still not sure who my Santa is - the package came from Arlington, TX, but with no other identifying info...

JohnnyQuest Dec 24th, 2013 01:46 PM

Secret Santa Haul!

OK, so here's the cool stuff I got from my Secret Santa! (Sorry this is late, but it turns out I post photos in a forum precisely once a year, so I have to figure it out every time...)

As I mentioned, I don't know who my SS is, but I got a Priority Mail box sent right to my door (Oooh, PRIORITY!), and the return address is Arlington, TX (Oooh, ARLINGTON!). First up:

I love Archer, and the DVD is great, because I'm a sucker for special features. We're in a ZONE...

Season Three of Archer! We're heading further into a ZONE of DANGER, Lana!
And speaking of Lana, let's just take another look at that Season 2 cover art...

Nicely drawn, FX.

It's Blade Runner: The Final Cut!
I love this movie, but somehow I've never picked up the DVD. I'm not sure if I've even seen this version - the last few times I've seen BR is on cable...
(A new edit! I wonder if Roy's still going to get all emo in the rain...?)

And for some delicious snacking during my DVD's:

Skittles!
But not just ANY bag o'Skittles - these are from the Dark Side...
Check out these edgy flavors:

I'm wondering how Midnight Lime is different from regular lime; I'll let you know.
(Do not ask about the blue one. IT IS FORBIDDEN!)

So here's the whole thing. Looks like I've got some viewing to do! Thanks, Secret Santa, whoever you are!

blood_panther Dec 25th, 2013 06:00 PM

merry christmas everyone! and if you havent heard, UPS had "higher volume than expected" and huge delays with their packages. so if anyone shipped through them, that might be while your secret Santa gift hasnt arrived yet.

dextire Dec 25th, 2013 11:09 PM

Love the rhyming and quite the massive haul, Dougles. :xmas1
Darkside Skittles and cucumber Gatorade is my current favorite snack, JohnnyQuest.

Merry Christmas!

Ronin S Dec 26th, 2013 10:02 AM

Skittles and Archer, it's a winning combination!

captain516 Dec 27th, 2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 768863)

Just saw this.
I guess I'd better do it if I dont wanna get BANNED.

blood_panther Dec 30th, 2013 01:41 PM

Time for another list!

Have not received a gift
DIMNOS
Ronin S
RellinKGrunge
CaptainConquest

possible secret santas left
Mockery
DIMNOS
Douglas Mackrell
RellinKGrunge
CaptainConquest

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest (Post 769001)
As I mentioned, I don't know who my SS is, but I got a Priority Mail box sent right to my door (Oooh, PRIORITY!), and the return address is Arlington, TX (Oooh, ARLINGTON!)

well, looking through the remaining Santas, DIMNOS is from TX. might be him?

Dr. Boogie Dec 30th, 2013 09:23 PM

My Secret Santa gift is currently mired in the Canadain Customs bureaucracy. According to the tracking information, it left LA on 12/11, stayed in Customs until 12/29, and is currently scheduled to be delivered. Maybe even before the new f'ing year!!

Tracking # LC091911640US

Mockery Dec 30th, 2013 10:14 PM

I sent my goodies out via USPS Priority Mail earlier in the month, so no worries there, but my Secret Santa recipient hasn't logged in or responded to PMs in quite a while now. So yeah, dunno what the hold up is, but still looking forward to seeing the remaining gifts posted, even if they are way late.

Ronin S Dec 30th, 2013 11:12 PM

Sadly, it is true, I haven't received anything yet. But it seems to have been just part of an overall trend for me this year.

To be frank, I'm afraid that 2013 was not a good year for me in general and I'm sort of relieved that it's over. I lost a very dear loved one in the summer and it was really unexpected and a bad shock for my family.

I was also in the middle of transferring to another college. The transfer was necessary but it set back my progress in my program. We also had a major ice storm during the holidays which knocked out power for a few days, although thankfully it came back on just in time for Christmas.

Overall, it was just one setback and struggle after another. But life's too short to mope around, so I'm going to live it up with my friends tonight and hope you all do too. I'm going to crack open a nice cold drink, and hope next year will be better.

ChrisGlass Dec 31st, 2013 05:27 AM

Uhm... that's no good, Ronin. You shouldn't go ungifted simply because you had a crappy year. If anything, it should be the opposite. I think we can find someone to pull double duty. I have no qualms doing that. That is, if you end up getting nothing and not just a late package.

blood_panther Dec 31st, 2013 11:45 AM

I wouldnt give up on your packages yet ronin! I know from experence for packages to get to canada from the states it can take time. (once had a package take 6 weeks.)

blood_panther Dec 31st, 2013 07:59 PM

well it's the last day of the year, but the mail still came through!

my secret santa was none other Dr Boogie! (straight across trade huh?)

I don't know what happened to this box. I think customs opened it up. and stuck it in this bag. hopefully everything is still there...

Wow! Candy overload! but who's that in the back there?

My old friend Bill! And while I watch this movie almost every year I didnt actually own a copy of it yet, score!

A closer look at all this yummy candy. as a side note, the pez dispenser was opened up and scattered through out the package, but not it a way that looks like it happend just through travel. Customs does not like pez I guess.

A great haul none the less, and I thank you Dr Boogie for your awesome taste in candy and movies!

ChrisGlass Jan 1st, 2014 05:26 PM

You could be hiding little marijuanas inside the pez body...

blood_panther Jan 2nd, 2014 12:39 PM

as an update, those white chocolate pretzel chips are one of the most delicious snack foods I have tasted. I urge everyone to go buy some.

replicant Jan 2nd, 2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 768990)
You are definitely the best Santa :love Thanks again replicant and merry Christmas to you!

Hahahah this is awesome. I was reading through that thread a couple weeks back and started feeling sad that this part of the gift never showed up. I figured a lighter with everyone's favourite Chairman would be appreciated - as well as the neat green flame! I had a coworker translate it a while back. It reads something like "To serve the people".

NP. Btw since I know your Bond fan. I don't know if you guys get BBC programs up there but BBC America is going to air a new series at the month called Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/wor...13fleming.html

Mockery Jan 6th, 2014 07:50 PM

Ronin S - Any idea who your Secret Santa is? If not, we can look into it and find out what the hold-up with your package is.

I just emailed my SS recipient, because they still haven't posted anything or said a peep about it.

Ronin S Jan 13th, 2014 09:34 AM

I don't know who my SS is and I still haven't seen anything in the mail.

Mockery Jan 17th, 2014 04:29 PM

Looks like your Secret Santa was relliKinGrunge. We're trying to get in touch with him on your behalf, Ronin. Will keep you posted as soon as we hear something back!

Ronin S Jan 25th, 2014 09:55 PM

Okay, did anyone else not get squat yet, or is it just me? I don't think I'm going to do this again next year.

Mockery Jan 27th, 2014 04:05 PM

Ronin - We'll send you something ourselves if your Secret Santa doesn't come through. I'm waiting to hear back from 10,000 Volt Ghost to see if he's heard back from your Secret Santa yet. This doesn't usually happen so please don't let it turn you away from participating next year. We'll pair you up with someone more reliable next time.

Also, the person I sent gifts to still hasn't posted his photos yet (over a month later), but I know he received them. So yeah, some people dropped the ball this time around and it will likely affect their chances of participating in the future unless they have a really good explanation.

Mockery Jan 30th, 2014 03:14 AM

Ronin - I spoke with 10,000 Volt Ghost and he hasn't heard back from your Secret Santa, so we're going to pitch in and buy you some gifts ourselves. (Dr. Boogie has also offered to pitch in some $$). I'll let you know as soon as it's been sent out. We're sorry your Secret Santa didn't live up to his end of the bargain, and he's now permanently banned from future events.

Ronin S Jan 30th, 2014 09:45 PM

Thanks for coming through, RoG, maybe a ninja-werewolf-robot got him, or something. Or he's more likely off somewhere cackling maniacally with his ill-gotten goods, curse his hide.

I know you guys will more than make up for it.

BatmanJohnson Jan 30th, 2014 11:27 PM

Sorry the event has been so rough for you Ronin. It's not normally this bad, and it sucks because you put together an awesome secret santa package.

Captain Conquest Jan 31st, 2014 03:15 AM

relliKinGrunge was my secret Santee. He only picked up my package a week ago.

Ronin S Jan 31st, 2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatmanJohnson (Post 769385)
Sorry the event has been so rough for you Ronin. It's not normally this bad, and it sucks because you put together an awesome secret santa package.

Aw, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed your SS :3

BTW, did you roommate really run off with the stickers? Or were they just so excited about fish you had to give it to them?

BatmanJohnson Jan 31st, 2014 01:53 PM

He ran off with one. Apparently really excited about a fish sticker

Mockery Feb 10th, 2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin S (Post 769382)
Thanks for coming through, RoG, maybe a ninja-werewolf-robot got him, or something. Or he's more likely off somewhere cackling maniacally with his ill-gotten goods, curse his hide.

I know you guys will more than make up for it.

Hey Ronin, I just wanted to let you know that we ordered your gifts. They're being shipped to me first cuz the company doesn't ship out of the country, but myself, 10,000 Volt Ghost and Dr. Boogie are all pitching in to make sure you have a nice Secret Santa event. So once it arrives here, I'll forward it to your mailing address. If your mailing address has changed since the start of the Secret Santa event back in November, please send me a PM with your updated info, otherwise, I'll be shipping it to the one you gave to 10KVG.

Ronin S Feb 13th, 2014 08:06 PM

Don't worry, RoG. Since I'm back in school, I probably won't be changing addresses any time soon.

Mockery Feb 14th, 2014 02:50 PM

Cool, I'll let you know as soon as your gifts arrive here and I've forwarded them to your address. Thanks for being patient!

Ronin S Feb 17th, 2014 12:30 AM

No problem. It's kind of funny to be getting a Christmas present in the middle of February, must be a new record. I'll be sure to take some entertaining pics.

Mockery Feb 19th, 2014 04:42 PM

Hehe yep, at least it'll arrive before December 2014. ;) I received the package in the mail today, so I'm heading to the post office now to ship it out to you. Hope you enjoy it!

Update: SENT!

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 23rd, 2014 10:42 PM

Make sure your Febulights are still up.

Ronin S Mar 7th, 2014 05:28 PM

What is this? A package for moi? Any explosive tags or chakra laced traps inside?

No traps. Good thing too, I couldn't find where I put my forehead protector. Ah, and it feels heavy...

First, a note from RoG, plus a napkin booklet and some food shaped erasers. We're off to a good start.

Yes, i-Mockery, I am happy you have sent shiny stickers! Now I have Count Pop in my grasp and shall Kneel Before Zod!

Postcards commemorating i-Mockery's YouTube launch, Abobo's Big Adventure and Bigfoot, truly life affirming events for the ages, right up there with the time I took out that giant snake.

A bubblegum card, a Tournament of Nerds sticker and a Tickle my Pickle pin button. My friend who was taking the picture sincerely did not know if that was a euphemism, I assured her it was not (she has difficulty with sarcasm and double entendres sometimes...).

A box within a box. With a question mark too, no less. What nefarious surprise awaits me? Tune into the next episode of Drago- no, no, wait, sorry, sorry, wrong show.

Let's move on, shall we?

Novelty candy! Bubblegum balls shaped like meatballs and a handful of heavy lollipops. I'm not a big sucker!

And finally, gum shaped like cat hairballs and a bunch of novelty mints. There's regular, Cthulhu, ranch, onion ring, curry and garlic. It's like a meal to go, perfect for running missions while running with your arms stretched out like a bird!

And I guess that's it! We are wrapped up for this year's Secret Santa! Or is that RoG's line?

I wanna thank all the i-Mockery crew who came together after whatshisname went AWOL. I know RoG, 10,000 Volt Ghost and Dr. Boogie (let me know if I missed anyone) all pooled together this awesome pack full of sweet ninja loot for me. Hope everyone had a lot of fun and I'll definitely be participating again next year if it's in the budget.

Mockery Mar 10th, 2014 07:46 PM

Excellent! Glad everything arrived safe 'n sound. Ronin. We tried to get you a variety of things based on the interests you posted. Hope you enjoy all of it and thanks again for being so patient! We'll make sure you get a proper Secret Santa next time around.

replicant Jun 8th, 2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 768990)

Remember that tea I was talking about...expect a delivery soon. ;) I didn't forget. :D haha

ChrisGlass Nov 6th, 2014 09:46 AM

So....

MarioRPG Nov 7th, 2014 08:04 PM

Doesn't look like anyone has taken up the torch to run it yet, but there's still hope!

blood_panther Nov 10th, 2014 02:18 AM

Last years event didnt get started until the 13th, so we're not running late just yet.

dextire Nov 12th, 2014 05:45 PM

I sure hope so. Who else am I going to give this junk to? :xmas1 :xmas2

ChrisGlass Nov 14th, 2014 12:11 AM

Someone is going to get this beard oil I have... SOMEONE IS....