I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Picture of the new Punisher (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2967)

Psycho Squid Apr 30th, 2003 02:11 AM

Picture of the new Punisher

Found it at SuperHeroHype. I didn't even know they were making a new Punisher movie. I got a feeling that the first Punisher movie will be better than this one :(.

Protoclown Apr 30th, 2003 02:15 AM

He looks a little scrawny to be Frank, but he definitely looks like he could be angry enough.

MrAdventure Apr 30th, 2003 02:34 AM

His skull looks freshly ironed-on. :(

Anonymous Apr 30th, 2003 02:53 AM

He's not.. oh how whall I put this?

He's not Dolph enough to be the Punisher.

James Apr 30th, 2003 03:11 AM

Christ, I know fat female cosplay enthusiasts who'd look more convincing.

Well, so much for hoping this movie would be good. And that Michale Jackson one-glove look isn't helping any.

Zomboid Apr 30th, 2003 03:12 AM

LOOK AT HIS "ANGRY FACE"! THAT'S THE MOST PATHETIC LOOKING LITTLE SHIT I'VE EVER SEEN!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Mockery Apr 30th, 2003 03:54 AM

Fuck after seeing that, the old Punisher movie with Dolph is looking DAMNED GOOD.

James Apr 30th, 2003 04:21 AM

See, the key to casting a decent Punisher is to make sure the person has hit puberty. >:

Also, actually looking SOMEHWAT like Punisher would help too (jet black hair, stubble, older than 15).

Skulhedface Apr 30th, 2003 05:01 AM

Who the hell IS that? It looks like the poor man's Christopher Lambert.

FS Apr 30th, 2003 05:01 AM

Duhhh! He's angry because he's so scrawny. :rolleyes

tenno Apr 30th, 2003 05:57 AM

a scene in the movie should be where he gets his shirt at HOT TOPIC and then loses it to an elf with a +9 crossbow with DEX.

Man, Steve Buscemi would make a great Punisher.

Grazzt Apr 30th, 2003 09:19 AM

There should be a scene where he gets killed by Wild Dog.

AChimp Apr 30th, 2003 10:53 AM

Quote:

Fuck after seeing that, the old Punisher movie with Dolph is looking DAMNED GOOD.
I said that it was long ago. >:

James Apr 30th, 2003 11:24 AM

Comparison time:

Comic Punisher, classic look
Comic Punisher in recent times, I imagine
Dolph Lundgren as Punisher
Baby Punisher

On a side note, who would you have picked to play Punisher? Based on his more recent look, I'd have to say Bruce Willis. If given a little dye job here and some makeup there, he'd have the look. Although I think his voice might be a little too light.

Zbu Manowar Apr 30th, 2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenno
a scene in the movie should be where he gets his shirt at HOT TOPIC and then loses it to an elf with a +9 crossbow with DEX.

Indeed! Through if you think about it, the Punisher is an impossible movie to make: it's about an really aged older guy who kills people out of revenge and Hollywood seems to be using younger people instead just for the hell of it.

And personally, who the hell is going to believe a twenty-year old Punisher actually fought in Nam and such? C'mon.

Anonymous Apr 30th, 2003 12:47 PM

[quote="Zbu Manowar"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenno
And personally, who the hell is going to believe a twenty-year old Punisher actually fought in Nam and such? C'mon.

The same people who thought that David Hasselhoff would make a great Nick Fury.

Daphne Apr 30th, 2003 12:48 PM

Well, to be fair to them, they just cast him not too long ago. They don't even start filming until summer. Maybe he'll get bigger?

I'll cross my fingers, anyway.

James Apr 30th, 2003 12:53 PM

There's no way he'll have pubes by the summer.

Everyone knows they grow in at winter time.

Protoclown Apr 30th, 2003 01:10 PM

He does look WAY too young for the part, unfortunately. Doesn't matter if he gets bigger or not.

And I doubt that's the finalized costume, guys. They don't even start filming yet, so that's probably just a promo to get an idea of what he'll look like in the part.

HENRY ROLLINS SHOULD BE THE PUNISHER :(

whoreable Apr 30th, 2003 01:18 PM

Best idea in this thread.

Jeanette X Apr 30th, 2003 01:21 PM

Christ, I don't even LIKE the Punisher, and even I am appalled!

Whoever was in charge of casting for this should be strangled.

Protoclown Apr 30th, 2003 02:04 PM

I take back what I said about him looking angry enough. His eyes look alright, but the more I look at that picture, the more those pouty little baby lips are just begging for a rubber nipple to be thrust between them. :(

James Apr 30th, 2003 03:03 PM

Do you notice how his top lip overlaps his lower one. Also known as "Anna Nicole lips."

Speaking of which, Bobby Trendy would have made a better Punisher.

Mockery Apr 30th, 2003 03:29 PM

Henry Rollins has the perfect face and anger to be the Punisher, but he's definitely too short. Dolph had the perfect look for the punisher, he just can't act (not that the movie was well written or anything). Still, I'd take either of 'em over this new chump any day.

Tenno made me laugh. :(

whoreable Apr 30th, 2003 03:39 PM

I would rather a tough badass midget play the part than a big fat pussy :(