I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

darkvare Feb 13th, 2009 11:16 AM

if you don't want it can you give beowulf? ebgames and most game related stores suck for tranding stuff in i trade my games at blockbuster i got 41 bucks for mario galaxy and i traded gun for marvel ultimate alliance and forza 2 for only 5 bucks

Emu Feb 13th, 2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 598875)
Cuz then I can play PS3 games, too

You could get an 80 gig non-BC PS3 and a PS2 for the price you'd pay for a BC 80 gig PS3. And your PS2 games won't look like shit.

Microshock Feb 14th, 2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu (Post 613875)
You could get an 80 gig non-BC PS3 and a PS2 for the price you'd pay for a BC 80 gig PS3. And your PS2 games won't look like shit.

Are you trying to imply that PS2 games look worse on a BC PS3? Well then you're wrong.

darkvare Feb 14th, 2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 614064)
Are you trying to imply that PS2 games look worse on a BC PS3? Well then you're wrong.

they llok bad because of the upscaling on hd just like the wii looks all fuzzy on an hd tv

Fathom Zero Feb 14th, 2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 614064)

It doesn't upscale PS2 games. It just boxes them off. It you really want all of a PS2 game on your screen, stretched across, use RCA cables. That's the only way. And the black bars do make the games look like shit.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 14th, 2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 614141)
It doesn't upscale PS2 games. It just boxes them off. It you really want all of a PS2 game on your screen, stretched across, use RCA cables. That's the only way. And the black bars do make the games look like shit.

Yea, basically.

I mean, if you just want to play the damn games, it's fine, but if you're playing a PS3 on a good TV (why wouldn't you?) then the PS2 games won't look as nice as a PS2 with the right cables.

Which is kinda stupid, really. But whatever, I got a PS3 to play PS3 games, not PS2 games, so it doesn't bother me none.

Speaking of which, played more Valkyria Chronicles. I wish it had some kind of multiplayer, because I think this might knock Fire Emblem 7 off the top of my list of favorite strategy games. The mission variety is really solid, and the story's finally starting to be not stupid.

Sam Feb 14th, 2009 11:07 PM

YOU GUYS ARE JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE XBOTS JEEZ. :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Feb 15th, 2009 01:32 AM

I decided to just get a PS2 so that I wouldn't waste any more money on Gen 7.

Fathom Zero Feb 15th, 2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 614152)
YOU GUYS ARE JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE XBOTS JEEZ. :rolleyes

EAT FUCK, SAM-WAD

Sam Feb 15th, 2009 02:23 AM

:lol

Microshock Feb 15th, 2009 02:44 AM

I feel like plugging in ps2 around the god of war 3 launch...to play god of war 2. But i probably wouldn't.

I beat Flower, it's such a freaking gorgeous game. Theres thousands of grass blades you just flow thru and it's so nice. A nice break from the games i play and a really good game to just show off to people, they should put this on HSN or QVC.

Why dont they sell game systems on qvc and hsn!?!?!?

Fathom Zero Feb 15th, 2009 03:41 AM

because toasters and dildos have better functionality.

darkvare Feb 15th, 2009 05:31 PM

i'm beating god of war 2 on titan mode i just defeated euryale

Fathom Zero Feb 15th, 2009 06:53 PM

So I'm playing Comix Zone on my PS3 via the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and found out that you can use custom soundtracks in-game.

Guitar Woman Feb 15th, 2009 07:02 PM

Resident Evil 4 on professional mode is MAGICAL.

The sewer segment where you first encounter the invisible bugs is like Aliens: The Game.

darkvare Feb 15th, 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 614242)
So I'm playing Comix Zone on my PS3 via the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and found out that you can use custom soundtracks in-game.

so is it betable now i never got past the 3rd level :\

Fathom Zero Feb 15th, 2009 07:39 PM

Still hard as fuck for me.

WhiteRat Feb 16th, 2009 11:00 AM

Yesterday I decided to piss some extra cash away so I went out and bought a replacement cartridge connector for my broken NES, 20+ NES games including the legendary Total Recall and several SNES games including an excellent copy of FF3.

Can't forget about that copy of Madden 93 for Genesis that I bought for $.99. That game is still a blast to play.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 16th, 2009 12:34 PM

I finally beat the Alternate Netherworld in Disgaea, using a really cheap tactic to beat a boss who was 700 levels higher than my strongest unit.

It's nice to have a boss as a party member now. The senate has a hard time arguing with someone who's level 2000 :D

Girl Drink Drunk Feb 16th, 2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 614246)
so is it betable now i never got past the 3rd level :\

I just barely managed to beat it on the Sega Genesis Collection a couple months. I donno how I was able to originally beat the game 12 years ago without the aid of save state.

OxBlood Feb 17th, 2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 614316)
I finally beat the Alternate Netherworld in Disgaea, using a really cheap tactic to beat a boss who was 700 levels higher than my strongest unit.

It's nice to have a boss as a party member now. The senate has a hard time arguing with someone who's level 2000 :D

And thatīs what makes this game so great. The simple fact that you beat a boss that was SEVEN HUNDRED LEVELS higher than your strongest Character. I should play that game again...on my PSP.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 17th, 2009 10:40 AM

Yea, but I used a bullshit strategy where I threw all of the enemies on a floating block and stabbed at them for a good 30 minutes while they drained their SP healing themselves.

Then for the actual boss, I had four mages running Braveheart every turn to keep Etna's Atk at 2X, otherwise I couldn't do more than 0 damage. I shouldn't have stood a chance.

I can't repeat the strategy for the next uber boss. There's no floating islands to trap her on :(

Zhukov Feb 17th, 2009 11:15 AM

Stret Fighter IV for the 360. It's insanely hard even on easy, which isn't a bad thing, and the 360 D-pad seems to leave a lot to be desired for. But it's a fantastic game, and as soon as I build up my confidence I can't wait to have it shattered again by a 14 year old Japanese kid on Xbox Live.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 17th, 2009 06:31 PM

Speaking of Disgaea, Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? got leaked today. I didn't like the Japanese version at all (crap controls), but I'm hoping the localization and my current crazing for Disgaea crap will help me overlook the glaring problems with the gameplay.

It probably won't help :(

EDIT: Well, the localization is pretty awesome. It really strengthens that whole "demonic alice in wonderland" kinda feel, which crazed talking sign posts that taunt the poor Prinnies. It also feels like the game is a little easier for us dumb Americans, meaning it sometimes threatens to be fun and interesting. EDIT: Nevermind, this game sucks.

executioneer Feb 17th, 2009 07:10 PM

trying to play max payne 2 again, why in the fuck did they take out the "autosave after every chapter" function, that's retarded >: i wanna watch all those cutscenes again like i want to cut my dick off