I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 02:46 PM

That reminds me, I still need to see that in French, I think the language used would be gorgeous

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 02:50 PM

I wanted to make a joke about worshiping Mary so that Jesus wasn't actually in his head, but I think it'd get lost in translation from Catholic self-deprecation to I-Mockery self-deprecation. That, and discussing theology is something I'm wary of doing on I-Mockery unless it's exploited to talk about how great my girlfriend's pussy would be if I had a girlfriend.

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 02:53 PM

Aforementioned female acquaintance in real life linked me to http://www.penisland.net/ from her office, then immediately set her status to an away message.

I think I found a new supplier for when I have to replace my Montblanc.

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 02:54 PM

I've always found theology kind of dull, unless it's approached from a psychological angle

The only theological discussion I'd really like to have is where the fuck these death metal bands are getting this "Eleventh Seal" crap. There are only seven in revelation, retards >:

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 02:55 PM

Oh my god, Seth, your female acquaintance is my hero

Pub Lover Apr 11th, 2008 02:56 PM

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 02:56 PM

I draw a distinction between theology and exegetical criticism :rolleyes :posh

Why can't the monocle guy roll his visible eye and save me the effort? Fuck, if we had an emoticon like that I don't think I'd have to post anything else.

Pub Lover Apr 11th, 2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 548115)
I've always found theology kind of dull

I happen to like arguing the same old shit over & over, it's why I'm on the internet.

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 02:58 PM

Like I mentioned earlier, I can show you a YouTube video that would probably make her far less heroic. I just refuse to because I can imagine things going horribly wrong.

Or maybe that was in an AIM conversation with Pub, which is effectively the same thing as posting in this thread.

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:00 PM

I'd like to know what specific 'holy text' these guys are getting it from, the only parallel I've managed to dig up on the subject is that the theme also apparently appears in a few video games and anime, which really somewhat confirms my theory that all death metal people are doing everything they possibly can to crush their inner dorks

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:02 PM

God, I type slow

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 03:03 PM

I actually have more than one arguably attractive female friend in this town, with whom I communicate primarily via AIM.

Seth: you've yet to sling comments at me that uncomfortably straddle the fence between facetiousness and actual deep personal contempt for my existence, in the bloomington thread about Baked

Pandajuice Apr 11th, 2008 03:05 PM

You're right GG. Theology IS boring.

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:05 PM

I get the distinct impression, that, if we ever met in real life, I would be found to be a slow witted insect

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:06 PM

IN REGARDS TO SETH. NOT THAT GUY, SETH!

Pandajuice Apr 11th, 2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 548126)
IN REGARDS TO SETH. NOT THAT GUY, SETH!

No need to make the distinction, you'd be pretty slow next to me as well.

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:11 PM

I REALLY doubt that you'd be much use in a discussion as to whether or not Voltaire grew alongside Candide

Asila Apr 11th, 2008 03:11 PM

I was going to say something very self-deprecating about how is it you guys have all these friends in comparison to my complete lack, and then I realized that some combination of leaving the house and NOT TRYING SO FUCKING HARD would be helpful.

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 03:11 PM

I'm really not the guy to consult for Simpsons references, but there's one that really touches my heart.

I think a mid- or late-90s episode had Lisa meet a fellow intelligent girl her own age, and by that time the show had established her as an unrealistically intelligent 8-year-old. When she meets the girl with her father, they invite her to play a game where he says the name of a public figure and she has to devise an anagram of the name that describes him/her. He throws one out, then his daughter replies in within a few seconds. Lisa, when given one, just hums uncomfortably and then the father gives her a ball to play with.

I love it because my life from 2002-2005 was a constant oscillation of which side of the equation I was on.

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:11 PM

And I HIGHLY doubt that you've read Tennyson

Grislygus Apr 11th, 2008 03:12 PM

Not you, Seth

Wait, I actually haven't seen that episode, was it a newer one

Pub Lover Apr 11th, 2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandajuice (Post 548124)
You're right GG. Theology IS boring.

NO OPINIONS HERE, JUST COLD, UNCARING FACT!

Asila Apr 11th, 2008 03:13 PM

:EMO

and I dislike discussing theology only because I get really easily frustrated by people who insist on using repetitive and moronic arguments for ANY side.

Sethomas Apr 11th, 2008 03:13 PM

Well, to be fair, I found both Tennyson and Byron so tedious that I frequently mix up their works and biographical details.

Pub Lover Apr 11th, 2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asila (Post 548129)
I was going to say something very self-deprecating about how is it you guys have all these friends in comparison to my complete lack, and then I realized that some combination of leaving the house and NOT TRYING SO FUCKING HARD would be helpful.

Congratulations! You are the female Pub!