I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2011 NCAA Football Thread (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706177)

MailCall Oct 30th, 2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 748353)
That's your holy shit of the week? I take it you missed the 8 PM game last night then didn't you?

Somehow, I assume through a series of souls being sold to the devil, planets coming into alignment, light from Venus refracting off of some swamp gas, and mutant hookers, the broken Buckeyes defeated the Badgers, and as much can be said controlled the second half.

No kidding. I bet the Gophs thank merciful Jesus the Nuts aren't on their schedule this year!! :lol

Pentegarn Oct 30th, 2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MailCall (Post 748355)
No kidding. I bet the Gophs thank merciful Jesus the Nuts aren't on their schedule this year!! :lol

Right this second, nobody wants to play the Buckeyes. What they lack in talent, they seem to more than make up for in a 'fuck your couch*' attitude.

*and by couch, I mean rank in the BCS standings

Esuohlim Oct 31st, 2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 748353)
That's your holy shit of the week? I take it you missed the 8 PM game last night then didn't you?

OSU sucking is a completely new and foreign situation to me that, frankly, I haven't fully grasped the reality of yet. Minnesota sucking is as expected as a daily sunrise, so yeah, when Minnesota beats Iowa (a team that we have immense troubles with, even now) I'm going to have to say "holy shit".

Pentegarn Oct 31st, 2011 06:13 AM

Wait, I thought you were a MSU fan? What's with the 'we' concerning Minnesota?

Esuohlim Oct 31st, 2011 08:05 AM

Sorry :( I AM UNCLEAR. "We" does mean MSU. We still have immense troubles with Iowa, and we don't suck anymore.

I WILL LEAVE THE FOOTBALL TALK TO THE EXPERTS

Pentegarn Nov 1st, 2011 05:46 AM

Everyone has trouble with Iowa

MailCall Nov 4th, 2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 748531)
Everyone has trouble with Iowa

They've lost three games at a combined spread of only 14 points. The Wolverines had better take notice. Iowa has a shitty run D but Vandenburg is an overlooked QB.

Pentegarn Nov 5th, 2011 03:15 PM

Don't look now Thrillho, but the Gophers are down by 7 with 2 minutes left and are driving

Looks like you may be right about your worry about this game.

Pentegarn Nov 5th, 2011 03:22 PM

Oops, the Gopher QB forgot what color uni his team was wearing, and MSU gets out with a win

MailCall Nov 5th, 2011 08:19 PM

The Mildcats weren't so mild...whipping on Nebraska. But Persa got knocked out again. The Mountaineers owe me a Coke. Louisville took advantage of turnovers and crap-filled special teams. Smith had a monster day and the Mounts outgained the Cards, but screwing up'll kill 'ya.

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2011 01:15 AM

Am I allowed to say "Northwestern vs. Nebraska: Holy shit!" this week or will I get the third degree?

It was kind of embarrassing how Indiana made you guys work for the win.

Even Minnesota beat Iowa, UofM. Way to go.

Also, Big Ten wasn't all I watched. The LSU-Bama matchup was some really great defensive football on both sides and although no touchdowns were scored I found it quite interesting.

OK I'm done see you next week

Pentegarn Nov 6th, 2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 748918)
Am I allowed to say "Northwestern vs. Nebraska: Holy shit!" this week or will I get the third degree?

It was kind of embarrassing how Indiana made you guys work for the win.

Even Minnesota beat Iowa, UofM. Way to go.

Also, Big Ten wasn't all I watched. The LSU-Bama matchup was some really great defensive football on both sides and although no touchdowns were scored I found it quite interesting.

OK I'm done see you next week

I actually was not so surprised by the Nebraska NW game. Nebraska is so hot and cold that any loss they have is not too shocking.

OSU has a reputation, (that unfortunately has not started this year) of playing only as hard as necessary which seems to have started the year they won the BCS championship. Heck local hack radio stations wrote parody songs about it because it was happening so much.

LSU Bama last night was the best baseball game I ever watched

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 748947)
LSU Bama last night was the best baseball game I ever watched

:lol

MailCall Nov 14th, 2011 09:35 PM

Finally...we've pinpointed what has been distracting those losing football teams: video games.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf-wp9871

Pentegarn Nov 19th, 2011 09:37 AM

Oklahoma State loses

Also we are all ignoring the whole PSU thing for some reason. I guess nobody wants to talk about it, or everyons is sick of it, either or

Esuohlim Nov 19th, 2011 10:34 AM

I'm pretty sick of it myself, but my new disgust comes from how they seem to be trying to completely erase Paterno's legacy

Pentegarn Nov 19th, 2011 12:49 PM

That's been my disgust from day one. I no more expect Paterno to do more about the crimes than he did than I expect the PSU campus police to coach PSU to a national championship. Paterno did what he was legally obligated to do. For him to be expected to do more would require him to have eye witnessed the crimes, since he did not, I don't blame him for reporting it to his bosses, in this litigious society it is financial suicide for someone to accuse someone else of anything based off of eye witness testimony that Paterno never himself saw.

There's a good chance this could kill Penn State

Also, where the hell is the DA? He vanishes mere days after this all originally went down, a little suspicious if you ask me.

Pentegarn Nov 20th, 2011 10:31 AM

More upsets!

USC beats Oregon

And Griffin III (whose stock in the NFL draft must have skyrocketed after that) led Baylor on a 5 play drive down the field with under a minute to go and defeated Oklahoma thanks to Stoops calling a timeout after Baylor showed that were content to let the 4th quarter clock run out and take it to OT. Choke on that stupid move Stoops!

Colonel Flagg Nov 20th, 2011 04:08 PM

No more disgusting than anything else, 3 SEC teams are 1-2-3 in the AP and USA Today rankings.

MailCall Nov 21st, 2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 750137)
No more disgusting than anything else, 3 SEC teams are 1-2-3 in the AP and USA Today rankings.

Yep. Funny how that worked...I'm not an SEC hater. This is likely gonna change. But some insightful words are spoken here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...tionally112111

This is a response to Delany's BCS ideas. Love it or hate it, conferences are positioning themselves FOR FUTURE RECRUITING. Yeah...something they've always done. But, unlike before, the horse is out of the barn as programs are being courted far outside of conference or even geographic boundaries.

Pentegarn Nov 23rd, 2011 02:13 PM

So the rumor mill is in full swing and the buzz is that Urban Meyer is going to be the OSU head coach. So far Meyer has officially denied that he has recieved an offer, but Nick Saben did so too.

But how should OSU fans feel about this?

That's a complex question. As a Buckeye fan I reveled under the illusion that under Tressel we were winning right. Turns out, not so much. Under Urban Meyer we will at least know we have a coach who will be shady (look at the SEC where he comes from, everyone knows they are cheating and they are the best at not getting caught, this is why they win BCS championships). So we are looking at an era where we simply assume we are cheating and paying our student athletes under the table. How does one react to this? Well we could always say the SEC gets away with it and we need to keep up. But I admit that tastes of ash and old charcoal.

In the end, I will enjoy his winning ways, but I will hate what I know he will be doing while getting away with it.

MailCall Nov 26th, 2011 08:59 PM

Props to Denard Robinson. And to Braxton Miller, actually...because both of them had stronger-than-usual passing efforts today. The only interesting thing coming out of the BigSomething now is the MSU/Wisconsin rematch.

Pentegarn Nov 26th, 2011 10:14 PM

I am of the opinion that neither OSU or MU deserved to win that game based entirely off the sloppy, mistake ridden 4th quarter.

That said, MU had OSU in the big house as vulnerable as they have ever had them, and they still barely got the job done. MU fans should not be celebrating this win, they should be shuddering in fear at what this means for their future in this rivalry, because if the rumors are true about Meyer, and from every local source I have talked to, they are, the lopsidedness of this rivalry has only just begun.

Pentegarn Dec 3rd, 2011 05:51 PM

LSU needs to get a 1st down or their defense will get tired and then Georgia will score with impunity.

MailCall Dec 3rd, 2011 10:24 PM

Well, Miles' boys did what they've been doing: wearing teams down to a sticky paste. LSU to win it all: all bets are off.