I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WE FIGHT FOR FREEDOM! but have none. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702623)

Dimnos Jul 15th, 2009 10:33 AM

WE FIGHT FOR FREEDOM! but have none.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31911204...h-health_care/

WTF is this shit!

Quote:

A Pentagon-commissioned report urges the Defense Department to ban smoking in the military, even by combat troops in battle zones, a proposal that quickly ignited a controversy among service members.
Words can not express how much BULL SHIT this is. >:

Tadao Jul 15th, 2009 02:08 PM

Well, it would make for better soldiers.

VaporTrailx1 Jul 15th, 2009 02:40 PM

So it's not shrapnel or gunfire that's killing our soldiers, it's been that damn secondhand smoke the whole time?

Fathom Zero Jul 15th, 2009 02:44 PM

Fuck that shit, yo.

It's 1620 somewhere.

Dimnos Jul 15th, 2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 637878)
Fuck that shit, yo.

It's 1620 somewhere.

In the Afghani opium fields its always 1620. ;)

Tadao Jul 15th, 2009 03:05 PM

If soldiers don't smoke, their lung capacity won't be severely decreased by tar. I'm really suprised the military hasn't done this earlier. If you signed up for the military to have rights while you are there, WELL BIG SURPRISE SON! You are the property of the united states of america and they will tell you what you can and can't do and maybe you should have stayed home with your two fathers in san francisco if you wanted to suck on fags all day long.

The Leader Jul 15th, 2009 03:52 PM

:lol

Colonel Flagg Jul 15th, 2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 637883)
[...] maybe you should have stayed home with your two fathers in san francisco if you wanted to suck on fags all day long.

Don't ask, don't tell.

VaporTrailx1 Jul 15th, 2009 08:58 PM

if they're going to do that can they atleast be logical and lower the drinking age to 18 or raise enlistment age to 21?

Tadao Jul 15th, 2009 09:00 PM

Who wants soldiers that are past manipulation and have bad livers? Not I.

executioneer Jul 15th, 2009 09:01 PM

they should ban soldiers from drinking, too. IT IS NOT A PARTY ZONE, COLLEGE AGE KIDS

Zhukov Jul 17th, 2009 04:53 AM

There was a TV show here for a while called The Hollowmen, it was a comedy about some high ranking government type guys who screwed things up and generally had a laugh yada yada yada. Anyway, these guys were tasked to make a new army recruitment advertisment to appeal to teenagers nowadays, and they basically came up with an ad showing exactly what military life was NOT like, i.e young people partying and having fun, drinking, dancing and spending time with friends of both sexes. It was funny because it was a total lie, all the army type men hated it, but the government went ahead and put it on TV because it would suck stupid impressionable teens into the army.

Anyway, about three weeks ago we got a new Navy recruitment ad on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR8WMESmeoE

which is almost the same as what a satire TV show thought up.

Tadao Jul 17th, 2009 12:34 PM

:lol The U.S. has some misleading ads as well. Makes it look like ROTC. Like you only do the hard stuff 2 days a week.

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2009 01:17 PM

Around here, the "fresh-faced" recruits make it look like some sort of football team. I don't like these guys. I do take satisfaction in the fact that they're forbidden to drive.

The Leader Jul 17th, 2009 10:05 PM

THE NAVY: Guns and fun!

VaporTrailx1 Jul 20th, 2009 01:37 PM

Us smokers tried to be nice. But it's never enough is it?

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2009 01:43 PM

If they are old enough to fight and die for our country they are old enough to decide for themselves if they want to smoke or not.

Tadao Jul 20th, 2009 01:54 PM

If they joined the forces they sre not allowed to decide for themselves.

Fathom Zero Jul 20th, 2009 03:16 PM

'Tis true, really.

People bitch and moan all they want, but they're the ones that signed themselves up to be a meat puppet for their country to do as they see fit with 'em.

kahljorn Jul 22nd, 2009 07:14 PM

BOTH SIDES HAVE VALID POINTS, BUT ULTIMATELY SIGNING SHIT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING UNLESS BACKED BY A COERCIVE FORCE AND EVEN THEN IT DOESNT REALLY MEAN ANYTHING ESPECIALLY IF ITS MAKING DEMANDS THAT ARE TOO HIGH TO PAY.
ALSO YOU COULD SAY AT THE TIME OF SIGNING SMOKING WAS ALLOWED SO THEY ARE JUST CHANGING THE CONTRACT STUFF I DUNNO WHO CARES.

VaporTrailx1 Jul 23rd, 2009 10:54 PM

so anyone who signed before the bill passes should be grandfathered in. good way to piss off the FNGs lol

Dimnos Jul 23rd, 2009 10:57 PM

All I know is if I was out in the field getting shot at I would lite up. Fuck em. What are they going to do? Send me home? I would be REALLY surprised if a CO would actually do much if you were caught smoking.

VaporTrailx1 Jul 23rd, 2009 11:02 PM

The army without cigs would be like the Russian navy without vodka.

Tadao Jul 23rd, 2009 11:04 PM

Smoking while in a gunfight? You might as well wear a target and jump up and down.

Dimnos Jul 23rd, 2009 11:15 PM

Not while actually in a gun fight.