I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2012 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708860)

blood_panther Nov 21st, 2012 11:20 PM

hmmm seems to be less people joining this year. oh well, hopefully it'll still be just as fun. And still some time left I guess.

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 22nd, 2012 10:34 PM

I wanna do it, but I always get turned down. Am I allowed this year or what?

Zomboid Nov 23rd, 2012 03:04 AM

No.

Nick Nov 23rd, 2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan (Post 763860)
I wanna do it, but I always get turned down. Am I allowed this year or what?

After what you did that one time, eeeh. Still iffy.

Tacobot Nov 23rd, 2012 06:40 PM

Damn i would love to do it again this year, it was great last year. But i haven't had time
for shit, work is running me ragged. oh well its still fun to watch so have fun.

Babs Nov 23rd, 2012 06:46 PM

What was it ZBF did again? Was that the vegemite incident?

blood_panther Nov 23rd, 2012 07:47 PM

I belive it was because the gift he sent out way back in 06 was a broken dollar store fm/am radio and a bouncey ball thing. he later admited he just sent random stuff he found. then he proceeded to call his own awesome gift "shit". for what it's worth, my vote would be to not let him back in. but thats just me.

BatmanJohnson Nov 23rd, 2012 09:39 PM

Personally, I'd vote no.

The_Punk_Hippie Nov 23rd, 2012 10:50 PM

I'm getting in at the last minute, yay! :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 24th, 2012 12:48 PM

In the saint nick of time.

Dimnos Nov 24th, 2012 03:45 PM

Idk if you got me before because my name isnt on the list but Im in agian. :posh

Protoclown Nov 24th, 2012 09:06 PM

I am in! And my girlfriend Ducky is in. She'll be creating an account and posting on this thread in just a few minutes. I can vouch for her, and Roger will as well--she won't have any problem posting pictures of her gifts or anything.

euphorixlost Nov 24th, 2012 09:27 PM

I'm in! I am also the aforementioned Ducky (:

Mockery Nov 24th, 2012 11:15 PM

Indeed, I vouch for her. Protoclown, however, I wouldn't trust him at all. :chatter

dextire Nov 24th, 2012 11:47 PM

We have a pretty good list of participants this year! I always get a chuckle at some of the people that seem to come back just for this one event and then disappear for a another year. :xmas1

blood_panther Nov 24th, 2012 11:55 PM

every year I arise from the winter mists, only to be banished after the i-mockery secret santa ritual is complete. it is the only thing keeping me from devouring this mortal realm.

BatmanJohnson Nov 25th, 2012 12:04 AM

Yeah I'm guilty of disappearing. But I love doing this event.

Ex Leper Nov 25th, 2012 12:08 AM

I keep trying to stick around but I never have anything interesting to add. I use to try way too hard and now that I know I'm skilled at giving stuff, I lay low till the holidays.

snoogans Nov 25th, 2012 02:22 AM

haha yeah, I check in with the occasional article comments but I don't frequent any message boards anymore.

Mockery Nov 25th, 2012 03:32 AM

That's kind of the way the Internet has gone actually. This site still gets a lot of traffic, but most people come to read the articles without dropping a comment. Sure, they'll "Like" it and share it on their favorite social networking sites, but getting involved in discussions on individual forums isn't something people do nearly as much these days - especially one like this that has old code and doesn't allow you to use your Facebook account to post or anything. I miss the way the web was before all the social networking stuff came into play, but as long as people are still reading / watching and enjoying the material on here, I'm a happy guy in the end. And in all honesty, I'm very, very lucky to have a site that's lasted so many years. Still can't believe it sometimes.

All that said, it's always nice to see some people coming back out of the woodwork for the Secret Santa event each year. It's like that during Halloween too. Some people are gone for ages, but come Halloween time on I-Mockery, they magically reappear as if summoned by an unseen force. Always puts a smile on my face.

Enjoy the Secret Santa event. And for those of you joining in for the first time, trust me when I say that the most fun part of it is seeing the reactions of the person who you send your gift to. So yeah, choose your gifts well and have fun with it!
:xmas2

The_Punk_Hippie Nov 25th, 2012 12:03 PM

Guilty as charged. :P
In my defence, though, I'm a workaholic so I don't have the time to hang around on message boards

& I agree with Rog, I miss the way the internet used to be, before all the social networking sites took over everything (or at least the popular ones)

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2012 11:38 PM

PM's sent out. Waiting on a two addresses. Let me know if you've had your secret santa before, I'll do a rearrange if needed.

Good night y'all.

Ex Leper Nov 25th, 2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 763955)
PM's sent out. Waiting on a two addresses. Let me know if you've had your secret santa before, I'll do a rearrange if needed.

Good night y'all.

Thanks again for running this event again this year. Especially with a new one to take care of.

Zomboid Nov 26th, 2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown (Post 763910)
I am in! And my girlfriend Ducky is in. She'll be creating an account and posting on this thread in just a few minutes. I can vouch for her, and Roger will as well--she won't have any problem posting pictures of her gifts or anything.

You have a girlfriend? Well, there goes my perception of you, jerk.>:

Nick Nov 26th, 2012 04:30 AM

And here I thought I was the only one to think he had a boyfriend.