I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Somebody give me a crash course in AIM. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14618)

The One and Only... Oct 25th, 2004 07:53 PM

Somebody give me a crash course in AIM.

I just IMed someone three times before I realized that she may be online but is in an "away state." What the hell does that mean, anyway?

AChimp Oct 25th, 2004 07:54 PM

It means she doesn't like you.

The One and Only... Oct 25th, 2004 07:59 PM

No, it means that she isn't at the computer. That's what the Away message is for. It's not as if it targets specific users, and even if it did, she couldn't target me because she doesn't know my s/n.

The One and Only... Oct 25th, 2004 08:00 PM

And yes, I did find that out with the help feature.

BTW: ROG, PLEASE FIX THE EDIT FEATURE. >:

Terra Oct 25th, 2004 08:00 PM

She's around but just away from the computer. Or she's in the middle of Imming somebody else. Just wait a bit.

DeadKennedys Oct 25th, 2004 08:01 PM

Don't worry, It'll all work out!

:lol

The One and Only... Oct 25th, 2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra
She's around but just away from the computer. Or she's in the middle of Imming somebody else. Just wait a bit.

Wait a bit?

Let me put this in perspective:

Online time: 6 hours, 9 minutes.

She must be one of those types that leaves the damn thing on all day. She might not be back at all, and I don't feel like sitting at my computer that long.

Bass Oct 25th, 2004 08:06 PM

You can set it so that some kind of alarm type thing goes off when she comes back from being away... just right click on the name, and go down to "alert me when *whoever* is available"... of course, you'll still have to be at your computer to hear the alert, but if you set your volume loud enough, you can go do other things around the house, and just be sure to listen for the noise

Terra Oct 25th, 2004 08:07 PM

Then leave and don't obsess over it. :)

MLE Oct 25th, 2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One and Only...

BTW: OAO, PLEASE READ THE FORUMS. >:

The One and Only... Oct 25th, 2004 08:15 PM

Agreed. I'll check back at 9:00 or 9:30.

Oh yeah, and I figured out how to read the Away message. Says "english homework."

McMock Oct 25th, 2004 08:17 PM

She could be leaving her pc on to download something. I do it all the time. Those warez don't p2p themselves, you know.

Esuohlim Oct 25th, 2004 08:20 PM

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you OAO?

McMock Oct 25th, 2004 08:23 PM

What the hell is wrong with using AOL? I used IM clients too. I talk to people too. Nothing is wrong with that.

Jixby Phillips Oct 25th, 2004 08:23 PM

OAO is amazing

AChimp Oct 25th, 2004 08:40 PM

How the fuck do you make it this far in life without learning how to use an IM program, especially when you're under 18? :lol

DeadKennedys Oct 25th, 2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

She must be one of those types that leaves the damn thing on all day. She might not be back at all, and I don't feel like sitting at my computer that long.

But we all know you will.

sadie Oct 25th, 2004 10:00 PM

if this were a poll and i were prone to voting in polls, i'd vote she's-at-the-computer-ignoring-you.

Emu Oct 25th, 2004 10:02 PM

Go over to her house if you can manage to drag your immense manhood that far. Or, even better, try calling her.

adeptninja Oct 25th, 2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

rog will fix it when he gets around to it. dont be a asshole I dont see you helping him out this shit costs money you know and he wants to make movies not fix some shit to help you ouw

adeptninja Oct 25th, 2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

rog will fix it when he gets around to it. dont be a asshole I dont see you helping him out. this shit costs money you know and he wants to make movies not fix some shit to make it more convient for you

executioneer Oct 25th, 2004 11:23 PM

hahahaha

Anonymous Oct 25th, 2004 11:24 PM

:lol

jin Oct 25th, 2004 11:36 PM

Between Adeptninja and Metalmilitia, i think this forum is completely under control. ;D

Way to go guys! ;D

Sethomas Oct 26th, 2004 02:18 AM

I love how OAO purveys himself to be an economics wunderkind, and now that he thinks he's in the door he takes up every possible opportunity to prove what a fucking dumbass he is.