I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699219)

MockBot Mar 12th, 2008 01:35 AM

The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8

Automatically generated comment thread for The Poetry of Max Burbank: Part 8.

captain516 Mar 12th, 2008 01:48 AM

great writing as usual. Beautifly Bizzare, just how I like it. the last one was my favorite.

Autrach Sejanoz Mar 12th, 2008 02:53 AM

Fan-damn-tastic work as ever, Max. Have you ever considered publishing a book of your work(I mean ALL your work; articles, poetry, artworks, etc.)?

Cubicle Ape & Alplachian Haiku were my favourites.

BTW, in Witch City, is Iron Dave the Rat Bastard the same Dave you mentioned numerous times in The I Don't Like It List?

simogene Mar 12th, 2008 06:29 AM

I've often had the same thought about Elmo, but never thought to write poetry about it. I usually just stomp on my son's toys for a while until I feel better.

I very much enjoyed Witch City, and I wondered the same thing as Autrach Sejanoz about Iron Dave.

Jigby Huggletinks Mar 12th, 2008 09:40 AM

Max, you are my hero in ways you couldn't possibly comprehend. You are quite possibly my all time favorite writer of any kind.

Grishnak Mar 12th, 2008 09:49 AM

Love it. Know one thing. Grish wants a cd of your poetry. Read by William Shatner and Christopher Walken and Ultimate Warrior!

Colonel Flagg Mar 12th, 2008 12:07 PM

Max, you rat bastard!

The only thing missing from this work of epic proportions is a soundtrack, preferably bongos and finger cymbals.

You use "words" to construct "sentences" that have not even been imagined by the craziest of manifesto writers - I wonder if there's a padded cell with your name on it somewhere.

Your "Appalachian Haiku" is not strictly a haiku (but it's still damned funny). And I'm sure you knew this already.

Anxiously awaiting "Part 9".

fluffkomix Mar 12th, 2008 01:01 PM

loved Alplachian Haiku. my fav. last one was pretty good too

wobzire Mar 12th, 2008 02:39 PM

I cannot think of a more horrifying thought than to imagine what your nightmares might look like burbank.

Dungeonbrownies Mar 12th, 2008 07:37 PM

By jove, i cant believe i still read these things -_-

Pentegarn Mar 12th, 2008 07:52 PM

I agree, Elmo DID ruin Sesame Street

beatpole Mar 12th, 2008 08:54 PM

It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I am. I mean, I've failed every poetry course I ever took in school or otherwise, but you suck. What I mean to say is, Thank You for sucking so hard. I may be laughing at you and not with you, but at least you made me laugh.

Tadao Mar 12th, 2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatpole (Post 538079)
It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I (am) <--redundant.
(I mean,)<--redundant
I've failed every poetry course I have ever took in school or otherwise, (but) <--no need for this you suck. (What I mean to say is,) <-- you like to hear yourself talk (Thank You for sucking so hard.) <--already established I may be laughing at you and not with you, (but at least you made me laugh.) <--redundant

Wow, you suck.

JoeyJoJoJr Mar 12th, 2008 09:19 PM

The best poetry comes from the most troubled minds, I love it Max

whoareyou Mar 12th, 2008 11:43 PM

actually beatpole I passed all of my poetry classes(high school and college levels) and Max is a damn fine poet in the david sedaris vein. Witch City is fantastic. my personal favorite.

executioneer Mar 13th, 2008 12:04 AM

i'd say beatpole IS another whipping boy

discuss

El Sammo Mar 13th, 2008 06:16 AM

I've always hated Elmo. It's my opinion that he's responsible for Grovers crack addiction. How else is he to cope with the pain of knowing he's been replaced by that high-voiced annoying jackass? There is no other way, that's how. It's been proven scientifically. By scientists.

Colonel Flagg Mar 13th, 2008 03:53 PM

Pontificating,
Overbearing, Self-serving,
Pretentious beatpole.

Jaimas Mar 13th, 2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

It is reassuring to see that there is someone out there who is worse at poetry than I am. I mean, I've failed every poetry course I ever took in school or otherwise, but you suck. What I mean to say is, Thank You for sucking so hard. I may be laughing at you and not with you, but at least you made me laugh.
You fail.

El Sammo Mar 13th, 2008 11:24 PM

Yeah beatpole, fuck off. I was always under the impression that poetry didn't have to have any kind of form or reason. It's called freeform I believe, I didn't pay that much attention in english class.

Tadao Mar 13th, 2008 11:27 PM

You guys are all suck ups.

Jigby Huggletinks Mar 14th, 2008 11:09 PM

This Beatpole fellow defies the ways of my Burbankist faith. He shall be eliminated in the quickest manner feasibly executable.

Jaimas Mar 15th, 2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

This Beatpole fellow defies the ways of my Burbankist faith. He shall be eliminated in the quickest manner feasibly executable.
That involves tying him to a chair and kicking him down the stairs.

fiercealmond Mar 15th, 2008 08:52 AM

I just woke up from a dream in which I was watching the spanish channel (Which I navigated with a map from Metroid) and the show I was watching mostly consisted of you walking out onto a lawn in pajamas and a bathrobe, yelling "I'm Max Burbank" at the top of your lungs, and me saying to the person watching TV with me "That lawn is in salem."

Tadao Mar 15th, 2008 12:48 PM

Oooo someone has a crush.

suck ups

fiercealmond Mar 16th, 2008 12:14 AM

I really wasn't joking, I just went to the latest Burbank article to post it.

Although I do have quite a crush on Max ;)

Tetsu Deinonychus Mar 16th, 2008 12:16 AM

Max, I just wish I had a cappuccino to drink while enjoying this fine poetry.

Stay cool, Daddy-O! 8)

mburbank Mar 19th, 2008 02:56 PM

Thanks all, and who doesn't have a crush on me? I mean seriously. I am delectable.

Iron Dave and the other Dave are not only not the same Dave, they aren't based on actual people. They are more personifications of ideas. To me 'Dave' is a great every man name. Years ago I spent some time knocking around Indian reservations out in the four states area, and it seemed like every guide I met was named Dave. There's a great Kids in the Hall song, "These are the Daves I know." Joe, Johnny and Dave are my favorite anybody names.

To paraphrase a certain animated skunk, Beatpole can call me Flower if he wants to. My love embraces all.

And as far as sucking up goes, what would be the point? That being said, anyone who wants to send me money is allowed to.

Tadao Mar 19th, 2008 02:57 PM

You even suck up too yourself.

mburbank Mar 19th, 2008 03:06 PM

Too true, but then I'm always well positioned to reward myself for my own slavish loyalty.

MLE Mar 19th, 2008 04:01 PM

<3 you Max

Autrach Sejanoz Mar 20th, 2008 12:03 AM

Thanks for the explanations, Max.

Though I can't offer you money, will my soul do?

artimus Mar 21st, 2008 12:53 PM

Nice again, Max ^^

Introspection and Cubicle Ape were my favorites

Count Mek Mar 21st, 2008 09:05 PM

I'm sure if I understood the things it'd be awesome man.

Colonel Flagg Mar 21st, 2008 09:52 PM

I'd criticize your work, Max, if I could find one abstract form of verbiage that was excessive in redundancy or loose in verisimilitude, but in fact all your free-associating obfuscations serve only to add to the greater delectability of the iambic pentameter.

Forsooth.