I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Walking Dead season 3. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708834)

TheNunEater Oct 18th, 2012 05:37 AM

The Walking Dead season 3.

Just got done watching the first episode. I promise not to spoil anything but I feel like fans of t.v violence can really get behind this one. The first episode alone probably had more gore and over the top violence than the whole last season. Don't get me wrong, I love that shit, but I feel there is a point where it becomes less entertainment and more shock value....which I like too.

Look I don't know what I'm trying to say. More people need to watch this show. It's a great zombie series and the first ever like it on network television. If you you are a true fan on the horror drama genre, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not to check it out. Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix now. If you are in the mood for a solid series, take a look at it. From the looks of 0301 things are about to get a lot bloodier and even more dark in story matter, so now is a great time to catch up and jump on the bandwagon while season 3 is still airing.

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2012 11:33 AM

This show is pretty terrible.

TheNunEater Oct 19th, 2012 03:26 AM

I'm not one to judge anothers taste, but you sir have the taste of spoiled milk.

Mad Melvin Oct 19th, 2012 08:47 AM

No, he's right. It's pretty terrible. The problem with the show is, that on top of gratuitous zombie violence, it tries to be a serious drama. A serious drama with characters that have the personality of an empty shoebox. When you are forced to watch characters like "that old guy", "uh...that blonde chick whatsherface" and "that black guy that does nothing", you really don't give a shit what happens to any of them. The only thing this show has going for it is the gore. Which is top notch. But when you know you have to watch endless droning about relationship problems before you even see any gore, it all becomes very dull, very fast.

King Hadas Oct 19th, 2012 11:06 AM

I thought the first season had it's moments.

Spoilers!

But I agree with Melvin. There's too much marital drama and racial drama and not enough apocalypse drama. The show should be nothing but apocalypse drama.

Tadao Oct 19th, 2012 11:41 AM

Someone here told me before that the comic book is full of drama too. :(

kahljorn Oct 19th, 2012 01:11 PM

THe DRAMA KEePS THE ZOMBieS AWAY

ZOMBIES HATE CRYING

TheNunEater Oct 19th, 2012 03:18 PM

See that is a understandable reason not to like it. I can understand not wanting drama with your gore and zombies, but that is why I am drawn to the show. There aren't to many things in the zombie genre that have complex drama in it. I agree some of the acting is stale, something they improved on a lot in the second season and has got even better in the third. The violence was kind down in the second season, which I hated, but there getting more violent then ever on the third. In the end if you don't think zombies and drama go together, than The Walking Dead isnt going to be your thing. I just like the fresh take on a zombie story I've heard 1000 times before.

Tadao Oct 19th, 2012 03:50 PM

I don't really think that a love triangle counts as complex drama.

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2012 04:50 PM

Thing is, nothing in the show counts as complex drama, and none of the characters are likable. Hell, they barely even act like normal humans would. The gore is essentially the only reason I watch it, but even that's sometimes overshadowed by the extreme stupidity of the characters.

BETTER GET THAT WATERLOGGED ZOMBIE OUT OF THE WELL. HE'S CONTAMINATING THE WATER!

TheNunEater Oct 20th, 2012 12:07 AM

You guys are even making me start to hate the show, for real. That whole zombie in the well shit was dumb as hell. Regardless I will keep watching it. I still think the acting is better than you give it credit for, but maybe that's because I've seen enough b horror movies to know what really terrible acting is. Also Ive invested to much time in it to give up now. I guess I just like to see things through to the end and if this thread is any reflection of the show current reception, won't be long.

Tadao Oct 20th, 2012 01:50 AM

Gore is gore. It's a dime a dozen.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2012 04:59 AM

Oh, I watch it, but it's more because I'm usually bored, sometimes hungover on Sunday nights, and I enjoy both making fun of it and the occasional good scene.

Dimnos Oct 20th, 2012 01:21 PM

I watch it mostly to see how and when they kill characters off compared to the comic. That and the shit that is about to go down in season 3 was fucking awesome in comic.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2012 02:29 PM

The comic is shitty for the exact same reasons, only with greater periods of stagnation. Kirkman is the George Lucas of comic books; he has some good ideas, but he can't write for shit, and his dialogue is fucking atrocious.

Tadao Oct 20th, 2012 02:45 PM

God damit, I wanted to love this show sooooo badly. I even started a thread about it before it came out. I think everyone here was super excited because the concept was awesome.

Then S1EP1 happened http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69705216

TheNunEater Oct 20th, 2012 07:45 PM

Well even if you just watch it to point out how bad it is, you still watch it. Which I think counts for something. I feel there aren't many shows you can claim to hate but still sit down and watch for a whole hour.

Tadao Oct 20th, 2012 07:52 PM

Are you still defending this show?

TheNunEater Oct 21st, 2012 01:40 AM

No I'm done now. No fans here so I'm giving up. You should all go watch Breaking Bad instead. It's better anyway.

Tadao Oct 23rd, 2012 12:32 PM

I've decided to give it another chance from the very begging since I have absolutely no expectations of this being the greatest show ever. I'll probably fast forward through season 1 just so that I know what is happening in 2.

Also am I supposed to watch the webasodes in any kind of order?

Dimnos Oct 23rd, 2012 03:54 PM

Webisodes? That shits for faggots. Just skip season 1, its all that crap you don't like anyway. Season two is still some of that shit but it actually plays out this time around and not so bad. Season 3 is where I'm expecting some cool deaths.

Tadao Oct 23rd, 2012 04:45 PM

I just finished fast forwarding though season 1. Stopping every once in a while to catch up on who loves who. Wow, this shit had less zombies in it than I remembered the first time around. :(

Tadao Oct 23rd, 2012 05:24 PM

So after reviewing season 1 I had a theory on what this show is about. Getting halfway through s2ep1 confirmed it.

The Walking Dead is about how women would die if men didn't take care of them.

All Hail Duke Oct 23rd, 2012 10:20 PM

eh, it's more about how lori (or whatever that dumb broad is called) can't take care of herself, or do anything really
the other women can at the very least use a weapon of some kind, or not crash a car despite being the only person anywhere driving

Dimnos Oct 24th, 2012 01:46 AM

Honestly its more about how it all changes Rick and his boy and to a lesser extent the others as people. Its Lord of the Flies with zombies instead of a ghost pig.

Spoilers!