I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

All Hail Duke Jan 24th, 2014 09:30 PM

comic book villains-not bad

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 05:24 PM

I'm trying to watch eyes wide shut, is this the slowest movie ever made? It's like Kubrick said No no no, you are talking way to fast, try to imagine every syllable as they fall flat out of your mouth!

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 07:30 PM

I seriously sat through that movie and god that punchline? Fuck you Stanley Kubrick.

Tadao Jan 29th, 2014 10:37 PM

Machete kills - do not attempt to watch this movie unless you are in a theater with a ton of people who are a drunk and high as you are.

MarioRPG Jan 31st, 2014 06:57 PM

So I went to the cinema today, and this week is the Great Digital Film Fest. They're playing a bunch of movies from some years ago yada yada
Anyway, I saw Akira and Ghost In The Shell, as I'd heard about them before.

Akira was more-or-less what I expected. Cool music, weird story, but at least I was able to follow it for the most part.

Ghost In The Shell was the opposite. Pretty dull and a lot going on in the story. And there was a lot of anime boobies. A lot.

Tadao Jan 31st, 2014 07:01 PM

Oh man, I have never been able to sit through Akira. I don't even really know how the story goes. Ghost in the Shell was one of my favorites though, I hate the mini series that came years after, it doesn't do it justice. I like boobies.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 3rd, 2014 08:32 PM

Still waiting for a 3rd vampire hunter d.

Maybe another 10 years from now.

Tadao Feb 3rd, 2014 10:44 PM

There was a 2nd? Hmmmmmm I'll have to look that up.

Aaarg Feb 6th, 2014 07:23 PM

yeah, vampire hunter d: bloodlust. i didn't like it because the stupid talking hand never shut up and just kept spouting off obnoxious nonsense. i think i liked it other than that.

the world's end - i was hoping for the best and expecting the worst. once the movie got going, it became great. i wish wright/pegg were more prolific.

Aaarg Feb 11th, 2014 04:56 PM

i'm about halfway through the entirety of jeeves & wooster with stephen fry/hugh laurie.

i love it.

Kitsa Feb 14th, 2014 07:57 AM

New Mothman movie on Syfy.

Fucking. Horrible.

Awful.

Kitsa Feb 23rd, 2014 07:49 PM

Beautiful Darling, about Candy Darling, of Warhol fame. I thought it was a decent treatment of the subject, apart from Patton Oswalt's completely over-the-top campy Capote voiceover. I really don't have a lot of patience for Warhol or all of the damaged people he cobbled together, probably because I had an art professor who was obsessed with the guy.

Then King of Devil's Island, about the revolt at Bostoy Reformatory. It was okay I guess, if you like bleak Norwegian shit about child molesters.

All Hail Duke Feb 24th, 2014 06:14 PM

bad grandpa-it was ok

Kitsa Feb 24th, 2014 10:08 PM

I was really hesitant to watch Bad Grandpa because those sketches were always some of my least favorite in the Jackass movies

and what's Bam Margera's obsession with having stuff up his ass, anyway

Kitsa Feb 25th, 2014 07:43 AM

Best Worst Movie, which I mainly just found really sad. I know what they were trying to do, but it was sad. I barely remember watching Troll 2 the first time around.

WhiteRoseBrian Feb 28th, 2014 08:42 PM

I went to see The Wind Rises earlier today. Unfortunately, in my honest opinion, it's just decent.

Babs Mar 17th, 2014 01:23 PM

I was just going to mention The Wind Rises. I had the same reaction but thought it was also pretty powerful. Some complain it depicts the Japanese death machines in more glorious light which I was guilty of doing myself at first until I went back and reflected on the dialog of Caprioni. I would quote it here but I don't want to spoil anything and I'm on my phone which I'm not going to do now, I'm into deep already.... I'm god damn lazy dude.

Anyways, it's a morally difficult film that fabricates some ideas about jiro (designer of the kamikaze planes known as the zero) and delves into his naive nature that blinds him from what the ultimate use of creation leads too.

A noteworthy thing as well is Werner Herzog does a voice over for the English version which is kind of interesting.

All Hail Duke Mar 19th, 2014 03:24 AM

wolf of wall street-really, really good

All Hail Duke Apr 12th, 2014 10:23 PM

fire & ice (bakshi)- it was ok

MarioRPG Apr 13th, 2014 07:12 PM

For some reason Saving Silverman on while I was doing stuff today. Totally didn't remember R. Lee Ermey being in there.

All Hail Duke May 22nd, 2014 09:29 PM

frankenweenie-it was ok (not as bad as pretty much everything else burton's done in the past decade), but the original short was much better

Aaarg May 27th, 2014 11:34 PM

beheaded 1000/the executioner - great movie for people who like early-90s HK fantasy/supernatural movies.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 30th, 2014 11:40 PM

^ that still alone looks like it would be worth watching.

Also have seen frankenweenie 6 times now with kids.

Completely fucked my daughters concept of death though. now she thinks if anything gets hit by a car you can just give them a zeus bolt and keep on keepin on.

Aaarg Jun 2nd, 2014 11:30 AM

that's towards the end where SPOILERS wu ma (he's playing the guardian of hell, of course) gets all giant and starts killing/grabbing all the ghosts.

HERE'S WHAT HE SAYS THROUGHOUT THIS SCENE:
Ghosts, ghosts, ghosts, I'll round you up.
I don't care if you're big, small, guy, girl,
tall, short, fat, skinny,
greedy, perverted, sorrowful, hateful,
stupid, dirty, uncouth,
pale-faced, red-eyed, green-lipped.
You are still a ghost!
I will nab, nab, nab for justice!
I will nab you from the east, west, south, north,
up, down, front, rear,
tightly, slowly, fiercely, lively,
with strength, might, power,
day or night, wind or rain,
I, the Guardian, will nab you all!
No where to hide!
You're [sic] actions on Earth will reflect your salvation.
You cannot defy the will of God!

All Hail Duke Jun 2nd, 2014 07:43 PM

days of future past-pretty good