I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Phoenix Gamma Aug 24th, 2010 02:05 PM

It premireed the same day as Expendables and Eat Pray Love. The perfect guy flick and the perfect chick flick combined will trounce some poor nerd film. What's worse is the movie was really expensive to make (I thin $60 million?)

Now, Vampires Suck being second highest grossing?! The fact that those people are still making these movies is frustrating enough. Those men should be charged for war crimes and punished corporeally, and everyone who paid actual money to see it should be put on a rocket and shot into the sun.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 24th, 2010 03:15 PM

Movie studios usually have the option of moving the release date. Sometimes its a viable option.

Zhukov Aug 25th, 2010 09:42 AM

I honestly don't get this world.

Most people in this world are fucking idiots with bad taste, bad sense of humour, bad style, bad judgement and they smell like shit too.

I see a million fuck wits a day, and only a small trickle of intelligent people, yet I am still surprised when I hear a gaggle of shit brains behind me in the cinema laughing their god damned empty heads off at the "Vampires Suck" trailer. And as horrendous as that seems to me, apparently I'm in the minority, since this is a popular and funny movie to the masses.

It's stuff like that that hits it home how fucked this world is, and it really depresses me. Vampires Suck and it's ilk just makes me think of our end as a species and our capability to survive and prosper.

Nick Aug 25th, 2010 07:07 PM

I really wanna go see Scott Pilgrim. :(

Aaarg Aug 27th, 2010 08:25 AM

kekexili: mountain patrol
pretty good. i felt like it was missing something, but i don't know what. maybe i just always have high expectations for movies about wildlife/wilderness.

the emperor's naked army marches on
okuzaki is obnoxious as hell but i do like lines like "i will beat you up."

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 27th, 2010 01:09 PM

That's an awesome line.

Aaarg Aug 28th, 2010 06:52 PM

when it's from this guy:

to other wwii veterans.

Mad Melvin Sep 2nd, 2010 05:45 AM

The Expendables. It was just awful and I wish I never saw it.

Aaarg Sep 2nd, 2010 06:12 PM

innocent blood

ok, so you would think any movie that combines vampires and the mafia and [what i'm hoping was] a low budget would be AWESOME, right? they fucked it up.

Babs Sep 3rd, 2010 05:34 PM

Just finished up the entire box set of House (1, 2, 3, & 4).

If any of you are interested, you can find the entire first House movie on youtube. Here's part 1 of 9, you know what to do next if you decide to watch more.

dextire Sep 3rd, 2010 06:49 PM

Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare.
It's become a tradition to watch at least one of these movies come Halloween season.
And the subtitles are great. :)

dextire Sep 3rd, 2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 697025)
Just finished up the entire box set of House (1, 2, 3, & 4).

How was part 3? That one seems to be the most difficult to track down.
I really enjoyed the other films.

Aaarg Sep 3rd, 2010 07:26 PM

there's only one house i'm interested in:

which apparently will finally be released on dvd in october. fuck. yes.

short cuts -
a three hour movie involving over 20 main characters and nothing... fucking... happens. everybody is an asshole and it's just like real life except you're forced to listen to the conversations of other people. lame. it has a lot of cool people (tom waits, lily tomlin, frances mcdormand) and a lot of shitty people (chris penn, robert downey jr., some other assholes), but man... everyone's an asshole and nothing bad happens to any of the most awful ones.

Pentegarn Sep 4th, 2010 12:29 AM

Just watched Machete

If you like gratuitous violence and nudity, and are willing to check your brain at the door (read: ignore the silly acting and dangling plot threads) you will enjoy this movie.

Fathom Zero Sep 4th, 2010 01:57 AM

House is already on Criterion's BluRay. I should know - I've got it. :)

Babs Sep 4th, 2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 697038)
How was part 3? That one seems to be the most difficult to track down.
I really enjoyed the other films.

It's quite different (a lot more serious and menacing) from the others in the series but still gives the overall feeling of what the other 3 provide; not extremely different but enough to keep you entertained and amused in a sensibly incomparable way. It tries to be a lot more darker but still comes out more uncanny than the rest. I can't give to much away so wait until a review soon... hopefully ;)

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 4th, 2010 09:35 AM

Machete. Go see this now or just give Robert Rodriguez your money. I want sequels.

Aaarg Sep 4th, 2010 04:35 PM

fux blueray

Aaarg Sep 9th, 2010 07:43 AM

the missing gun
a boring movie about a cop who lost his gun.

Fathom Zero Sep 9th, 2010 08:57 AM

Reminds me of Magnolia. :lol

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 9th, 2010 09:26 AM

Piranha 3D. It was some good cheese. I can't wait for Piranha 3D2 now.

MarioRPG Sep 9th, 2010 04:40 PM

Machete. Opening night. It was awesome and I will more likely buy this than expendables. Danny. Fucking. Trejo.

Aaarg Sep 10th, 2010 09:00 AM

dracula ad 1972
so fuckin' silly. lee and cushing and a bunch of young people being lame.

curse of the devil
was hoping for a greater supply of both the graphic violence and copious nudity that the summary promised. also, fuck dubs.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 10th, 2010 12:54 PM

Rachel Leigh Cook is so hot its almost unbearable.

Krythor Sep 10th, 2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 697471)
Reminds me of Magnolia. :lol

I like Magnolia but I did laugh at this.

Oh, I uh, watched This is England to get me excited about This is England '86. The first episode of '86 was mostly rubbish, but Combo hasn't arrived yet so here's hoping it gets better when he does.