I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The end is near.... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698411)

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 10th, 2007 11:22 AM

The end is near....

For the past two years, I've been going through a pretty messy divorce...and today is my court date. I just left the courthouse with instructions to return at 1:00 p.m. My attorney told me that they are considering a settlement offer...after two fucking years!!!!!!

anyway, as of around 3:00 p.m. central time, I will be a free man....

oh, and today is my birthday too.... :)

mburbank Dec 10th, 2007 11:23 AM

Happy, birthday, Cosmo! And congratulations. I hope by the time you read this it's all over and done with.

Cedar Dec 10th, 2007 11:31 AM

Happy Birthday =]

DuFresne Dec 10th, 2007 11:52 AM

Happy birthday Cosmo!

If you don't mind me prying, could you share what went wrong with your relationship? Do you have kids? If so, what do you think will happen to them? Just curious.

Seven Force Dec 10th, 2007 12:32 PM

happy birthday cosmo

Chojin Dec 10th, 2007 01:20 PM

And just think, if it weren't for those dastardly homos, none of this would ever have happened.

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 10th, 2007 03:13 PM

don't I know it..damned homos....and thanks everyone!

Oh, and by the way, I am now officially divorced!!!!!

i think that according to divorced guys etiquette manual, I'm now required to grow a beard and subscribe to playboy....:|

MarioRPG Dec 10th, 2007 03:40 PM

I had a teacher who had his divorce court day on his birthday too. Spooky.

Mockery Dec 10th, 2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux (Post 514013)
Oh, and by the way, I am now officially divorced!!!!!

It amazes me how hard/complex getting a divorce can be... I have a friend going through a real nasty one right now. All he wants to be is done with it, but it's clear that it'll drag on for at least another year or so.

Anyway, congrats man, I'm sure that's a big weight lifted off ye shoulders to be done with something that's been ongoing for two friggin' years :o

AChimp Dec 10th, 2007 07:52 PM

Happy divorce day! :D

Sacks Dec 10th, 2007 08:14 PM

What exactly takes so much time? Is it the wait for a court date or is something actually happening?

Zomboid Dec 10th, 2007 08:23 PM

Probably his greedy shrew of an ex-wife wanting more money or something.

Fathom Zero Dec 10th, 2007 10:32 PM

That's exactly it, and custody of children. My mother's been fighting with my dad for nigh on 6 years now.

Sacks Dec 10th, 2007 11:43 PM

I forget that Cosmo is 48 sometimes.

bigtimecow Dec 11th, 2007 12:01 AM

jesus cosmo you're an old timer

is your dead ex-wife bangin'?

Terra Dec 11th, 2007 12:38 AM

Oh Cos!!

Concrats on the divorce and happy birfday!!! Grow a beard and shame on you!!! You should have long been subscribed to Playboy!

I love you sweetie!! Hugs to that awesome girlfriend, too! :love

MLE Dec 11th, 2007 01:02 AM

Congrats, and Happy birthday, old chum! When i get back on my computer, i'll draw you a pretty thing!

Dr. V Dec 11th, 2007 03:34 AM

Happy D-Day bud! Hope you get to keep your stuff.

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 11th, 2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 514041)
Probably his greedy shrew of an ex-wife wanting more money or something.

BINGO!!!!!!!!
actually, there was a lot more to it than that, but essentially what it boiled down to was my ex wife wanted to castrate me and make me as misterable as she is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
It amazes me how hard/complex getting a divorce can be... I have a friend going through a real nasty one right now. All he wants to be is done with it, but it's clear that it'll drag on for at least another year or so.

Anyway, congrats man, I'm sure that's a big weight lifted off ye shoulders to be done with something that's been ongoing for two friggin' years :o

yeah, getting divorced it time and money consuming...emotionally draining not just for me, but my mom, my girlfriend, my children....it's a huge drain all the way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks
What exactly takes so much time? Is it the wait for a court date or is something actually happening?

in my case, is was the fact that we worked out settlements, only to have my ex start backtracking on previously agreed on issues. That, and the fact that she basically drug her feet. :|

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terra
Oh Cos!!

Concrats on the divorce and happy birfday!!! Grow a beard and shame on you!!! You should have long been subscribed to Playboy!

I love you sweetie!! Hugs to that awesome girlfriend, too! :love

thanks, Sweetheart!!! I love you too!!!!!!! :love

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE
Congrats, and Happy birthday, old chum! When i get back on my computer, i'll draw you a pretty thing!

thanks!!!! that would be awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. VOlshurawitz
Happy D-Day bud! Hope you get to keep your stuff.

my son asked me if I would get married again. I told him that I just would withdraw all of my money from the bank, take most of my belongings, and put them into a huge pile and set them on fire....cut out the middle man :|

MLE Dec 11th, 2007 08:41 PM

HickMan Dec 11th, 2007 10:08 PM

BETCHA CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME OF THAT WANG DANG SWEET POONTANG!

But really, congrats and I hope everything works out in your favor. Plus maybe your ex wife will take up trying to cut her own hair with a fucking battle axe or something.

Durin Dec 12th, 2007 01:59 AM

While tis sad that the marriage didn't work out, garts on surviving the divorce. Just make sure to watch out for interfering with you in the future, cuz that can bite ya in the ass. Also, make sure she doesn't poison the minds of your children or other relatives.

Sacks Dec 12th, 2007 03:48 AM

Garts on making up my new favorite sounding word, Durin.

Cosmo Electrolux Dec 12th, 2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 514145)

that is so cool.....

Evil Robot Dec 12th, 2007 11:53 PM

Back in 2004 on december 12th Cosmo Electrolux writes:

Quote:

Dec 12th, 2004, 03:54 AM

wha? :/

I am in school and I make a's....I quit smoking 8 years ago....I drink some, but I cut back on that too....Tony Robbins scares me.....I don't hit my children, but I would like to hit my wife....with a bat.

I just farted.... :(
Wait, December 12th? Thats 2 years ago today!