I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Ten Best Things About Planes, Trains and Automobiles (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701152)

MockBot Nov 27th, 2008 05:46 PM

The Ten Best Things About Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Automatically generated comment thread for The Ten Best Things About Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Tadao Nov 27th, 2008 07:01 PM

It must have been hard to find the best parts. Everything about this movie is great.

Tadao Dec 3rd, 2008 08:28 PM

So lonely in here :(

Colonel Flagg Dec 3rd, 2008 08:55 PM

Careful what you wish for, T!

I love this movie. I especially liked when they woke up spooning, then got all manly talking about football and other guy stuff.

Back when Steve Martin made funny movies. RIP John Candy. :(

Tadao Dec 4th, 2008 05:26 PM

I miss John Candy. This was such a great pairing. I wish they did more films together.

Mockery Dec 4th, 2008 07:19 PM

John Candy was the man. Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors, Spaceballs, Stripes and this movie... I've seen 'em all countless times. Really wish he was still around.

Esuohlim Dec 4th, 2008 08:12 PM

I thought you wrote this already

Tadao Dec 4th, 2008 08:38 PM

THAT WOULD BE DEJA VU :hypno

cthulhu257 Jan 12th, 2009 03:47 PM

Hey Mockery, you forgot about when he was in Canadian Bacon.

Vault Master Oct 1st, 2009 06:26 AM

John Candy was and always will be my favorite comidic actor.

Mainly because of Uncle Buck and Barf.

All Hail Duke Nov 23rd, 2009 05:36 AM

classic movie

you should catch the WhatTheMaynard parody if you haven't already

DonkeyRyan Nov 23rd, 2009 10:02 AM

This reminds me that when I was younger, my friend's dad had this labeled on a vhs tape as Planes, Trains, and Cars.

Pentegarn Nov 23rd, 2009 03:15 PM

Like Esuohlim, I feel like this article had been already written once before now.

I need to watch this again, it's been too long.

Doctor_Who Nov 23rd, 2009 03:24 PM

I consider this movie to be the only legitimate "Thanksgiving Classic" in existence. Required viewing every year.

Ex Leper Nov 23rd, 2009 05:55 PM

MOCKERY "John Candy was the man. Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors, Spaceballs, Stripes and this movie... I've seen 'em all countless times. Really wish he was still around."

Don't forget SCTV!

HowardC Nov 23rd, 2009 10:51 PM

You are forgetting the veritable thanksgiving classic "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"

"But all I know how to make is popcorn and toast!"

P,T&A is my favorite comedy btw, outside of National Lampoons Vegas Vacation.

JoeyJoJoJr Nov 24th, 2009 12:51 AM

This movie is a family tradition in our house. My parents finally broke down and bought the dvd. We used to watch a recorded tape of when it first aired on ABC's night at the movies I miss fast forwarding through the old commercials.

DaTr0LL Nov 25th, 2009 03:45 AM

My family only has two real holiday traditions. We watch this at Thanksgiving and NL's Christmas Vacation on Christmas.

EchoCharlie Nov 25th, 2009 07:23 AM

John Candy in Who's Harry Crumb? And the other one, Armed and Dangerous...Classics.

Julio Nov 25th, 2009 03:40 PM

I think I'll look for this DVD so I can finally watch it. The review itself (which I remember reading since it came out first) is pretty hilarious, so I guess the movie will definitely live up to its reputation.

saturnknight Nov 25th, 2009 09:43 PM

I remember that movie... oh the memories. i'm glad the Car rental scene made it to your list... I loved that part.

WooT 28 today!!!

saturnknight Nov 25th, 2009 09:44 PM

did you see Col Runnings? or his saturday morning cartoon "Camp Candy"?

JohnnyQuest Nov 22nd, 2011 11:30 AM

I haven't seen that one in years! Thanks for the reminder, Rog - I'll have to Netflix this one for the weekend!

MeowMixMaster Nov 23rd, 2011 12:13 PM

Omg I can't believe I never saw this yet. Adding it to my Netflix que right now. On a side note RoG I'm hoping you plan to review Jingle all the way if you haven't done so already. That and Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are bar none the best holidays movies period!

PoGo Nov 23rd, 2011 06:12 PM

I remember when this movie came out. I was about three or four and the scene with john candy as the devil scared the dookie out of me. I've never seen it in full yet my folks have owned the dvd for years. I should remedy that.